Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,145 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Emkay79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    20240412_061659 (resized).jpg
    20240411_101230 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4826 (resized).jpg
    20240410_190744 (resized).jpg
    image000000(3) (resized).jpg
    IMG_4718 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4625 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.
    #301 1 year ago

Prices are continuing to fall from what I'm reading across the country. It's down in LA, but we still pay more than many other states - I cannot wait for EVs to become more affordable for the masses. I would love a Tesla, but not the price tag.

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

It's down in LA, but we still pay more than many other states

Curious, what's the price in La?

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Curious, what's the price in La?

Having to be in LA.

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

Having to be in LA.

I travel a lot, I feel that way most of the time! It’s 5.09 at my favorite station.

#306 1 year ago

paid 4.86 today down to 75 bucks to fill up.

#307 1 year ago

I last paid $20 to fill my car halfway at $2.99. Assuming you're talking less than 20 gallons (you got 15.5 gallons looks like). Glad I got some extra before oil went back up to $94, now our price is $3.19. This railroad strike isn't going to help things either.

#308 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You sure you don't mean 1/30/20 ? Gas where I'm at is slightly below 4 bucks. NFB (no fuckin bargain)

No, I got it right. It was a dip, but still below $3 on 1/30/22.

#309 1 year ago

BTW, I started tracking my gas prices and quantity when Missouri passed a progressive gas tax last August. They got it past the red state because if you track your gas and submit a form you can get your gas tax back from the hike. I got $13.80 back but in a few years it will maybe hit $20 or $30. Not really worth the time other than principal.

I'm not trying to start a tax discussion, just pointing out what was going on with me.

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

BTW, I started tracking my gas prices and quantity when Missouri passed a progressive gas tax last August. They got it past the red state because if you track your gas and submit a form you can get your gas tax back from the hike. I got $13.80 back but in a few years it will maybe hit $20 or $30. Not really worth the time other than principal.
    I'm not trying to start a tax discussion, just pointing out what was going on with me.

LOL Yup, classic Missouri!

#311 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

This railroad strike isn't going to help things either.

I see they aren't going to let that happen. Should be fun to see how that plays out.

#312 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I see they aren't going to let that happen. Should be fun to see how that plays out.

The railroads are serously important again.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

The railroads are serously important again.

Yep. And workers are the most important part of that equation. I hope they get what they need.

#315 1 year ago

Ford announced they will continue to offer the Mustang as a gas engine car.

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Ford announced they will continue to offer the Mustang as a gas engine car.

Good thing or else they wouldn't be able to sell many

#317 1 year ago

I know this thread has morphed a lot, but I had to bring up the fact that the major retailers of diesel are absolutely ripping people off right now, driving inflation.

I know what the wholesale price of diesel is at a lot of terminals, and the public price of ULSD at NY Harbor is.

Loves, Pilot, TA are over $1 to $1.50 more than their delivered cost. It's f'ing absurd.

#318 1 year ago

Yeah I'm seeing a diesel price spread of over $1 in my area. It's nuts. When gas was down to $2.95 diesel was still over $4.

#324 1 year ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

It's f'ing absurd.

You got that right! I own a limo company and while gas has come down providing some relief, Diesel has not. The cost of hiring our Sprinter limos has gone up due to this.

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yep. And workers are the most important part of that equation. I hope they get what they need.

Yupp, all the concessions given to the railroads will just be passed along to the consumers.

#327 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

No, I got it right. It was a dip, but still below $3 on 1/30/22.

Oh boy, now only a 50% increase in price per gallon since 9 months ago. Nobody should be fooled into a false sense of relief. Always remember the baseline.

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh boy, now only a 50% increase in price per gallon since 9 months ago. Nobody should be fooled into a false sense of relief. Always remember the baseline.

Short dip too, but wanted to be accurate. I have to fill up tomorrow and I'll report on Sam's club pricing

#329 1 year ago

Back to $2.95 here. Let's see how low it goes.

#330 1 year ago
    inflation (resized).jpginflation (resized).jpg
    #331 1 year ago

Getting 49mpg from my Honda Fit so the pain hasn't been too bad.

#332 1 year ago

Honda Fits are great. I know 2 people that had them and they consistently got 40MPG+.

#333 1 year ago

I'll be taking a cross Western trip soon, I'll be curious to see what the costs are - usually it's good, since I start in CA and end in CO.

#334 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Just think how you would feel if it was a lot cheaper.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

[quoted image]

So my downvoting friends don't think inflation is bad? 40 year high!!

#336 1 year ago

Don't worry about it, as the dollar devaluates so do the downvotes. Lol.

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Just think how you would feel if it was a lot cheaper.

And it rained ponies and poodles. Gas is never going to be a lot cheaper. We'd have to be in control of the entire world to address all the mitigating factors - and even then, we'd need to nationalize the private for profit gougers. Just isn't going to happen.

#338 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

So my downvoting friends don't think inflation is bad? 40 year high!!

Inflation is a global phenomenon right now, owing to a lot of things that happened, including the poor response to COVID here, and the general effects around the world. Gas prices continue to fall, so inflation will follow. But why post a political statement about something when we aren't supposed to do that, in a thread that is NOT discussing inflation (nor can we, without hitting politics really fast)? It's essentially trying to interject politics.

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Can't believe Honda cut that model. I know someone that had a Fit and he loved that small car. He had no kids, but it was surpising what you could fit, no pun intended.

#340 1 year ago

Now $2.91 at the same station. I know people are driving less but wow. Oil is back down to $90. And why is Shell across the street still stuck at $3.19? It's been that way ever since Labor Day.

#341 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Can't believe Honda cut that model. I know someone that had a Fit and he loved that small car. He had no kids, but it was surpising what you could fit, no pun intended.

I had a 2013 with 240,000 miles which I gave to my Wife and I bought the 2020 because it was it's last year.
    Before anyone gets on me about me getting the new car, she used it for a year and we traded it in for her 2021 Mazda CX30 sport, which also happened to be it's last year. Even with all those miles on the Fit, it didn't have a rattle, best car I ever owned as far as reliability. The dealer gave us $1200 when we traded it in.

#342 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Now $2.91 at the same station. I know people are driving less but wow. Oil is back down to $90. And why is Shell across the street still stuck at $3.19? It's been that way ever since Labor Day.

Just checked and Oil is at $84.19 currently. But when the oil companies cut back on refining it we still end up paying too much.Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.13.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-20 at 12.13.45 PM (resized).png

#343 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Don't know your location but in mine it's $3.49-$3.55/gal for regular. Even the Costco price isn't close to yours.

#344 1 year ago

I just got $2.89 or close to it (don't remember exactly other than under 3) this weekend. Still needs to come down more, but I'm not selling the Land Cruiser at these prices.

#345 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I just got $2.89 or close to it (don't remember exactly other than under 3) this weekend. Still needs to come down more, but I'm not selling the Land Cruiser at these prices.

Well keep saving those receipts for that gas tax rebate!

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Well keep saving those receipts for that gas tax rebate!

I will, might get up to $15 next year. Thing is, the amount you get back is not tied to the cost of gas, it's based on how much you use. I haven't received the money, but I sent the form in for $13.80 or something like that. Didn't bother witht he wife's car because she refused to send me her Sam's Club reciepts.

#348 1 year ago

Whatever dude. I'm not continuing this conversation.

1 week later
    #349 1 year ago

Gas back up to almost 6 per gallon here again.When gas prices start going down the old refinery maintenance b s happens every time.We may need a new system of fuel supply around here.Oil companies have robbed us for years maybe we should try something different as far as drilling permits.I dont have the answers but would like to do something but without Political Blame game.

#350 1 year ago

we are back over 6 bucks pg here.Record profits for oil Companies.Greedy Bastards

There are 1,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.