Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,182 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 minutes ago by Jaybird815
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Smudge Drivers Licence (resized).jpg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg
    smokey-social (resized).jpg
    20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    rich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    There are 1,182 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.
    #451 1 year ago

EV thread post 4368

#452 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

EV thread post 4368

Oh shit. Was that me? Now I have to look.

#453 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Oh shit. Was that me? Now I have to look.

Lol no but I’m just saying. Be careful!!!

#454 1 year ago

I went there and didn't see a moderatoin on that post. I stand corrected though. I meant "I predict".

#455 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

EV thread post 4368

I can't find that one. Do you have a link to the thread?

#456 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

The last few months it's varied between $2.79 and $2.89 here at Sam's club. That means over $3 at the other stations. I believe this is the new norm.

Same here - at 3.01 in CO.

#457 1 year ago

Gas has dropped in CO, just saw it at 2.83. Can't say I'm not happy about it.

#458 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Gas has dropped in CO, just saw it at 2.83. Can't say I'm not happy about it.

Damn, here in Pa. it's still $4/gal

#461 1 year ago

Nico had a good post there. Not sure why it’s here, though.

#462 1 year ago

Really takes the fun out of this doesnt it?

Nico Hates X-Files (resized).jpgNico Hates X-Files (resized).jpg
    #463 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Not sure why it’s here, though.

Oh god.... here we go again...

#464 1 year ago

Just for ref, Crash, not everyone on this thread can I see

#465 1 year ago

78E02184-3BDF-4643-B111-8E706FB34193.jpeg78E02184-3BDF-4643-B111-8E706FB34193.jpeg
    #466 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Just for ref, Crash, not everyone on this thread can I see

We know, you announce it in literally every thread you post in

#467 1 year ago

I'll be curious to see what happens over the next few months - advertising forecasts point to a recession, but sometimes these things become self-fulfilling. On thread, I see a lot more EV charging stations around. It would be nice not to worry about fuel efficiency, but not all of us can go out and buy one. Maybe those who can buy the latest Stern releases....

#468 1 year ago

Speaking of gas, my most recent utility bill shows my natural gas supply cost up 103% and delivery cost up 18% since the same billing period last year. My coworker has oil heat; he says it's ~$6/gallon now, nearly double what it was last year. On a cold day, he might use 6 or 7 gallons. I don't know how a lot of folks are getting by, but I hope things get better soon. Winter doesn't even start for another month.

$3.83/gal for regular here. Diesel still just a hair under $6/gallon.

#469 1 year ago

Had some great chili last night, my tank has been full of gas all day!

#470 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Had some great chili last night, my tank has been full of gas all day!

Attach the hose straight from your bum to the engine. Perfect.

#471 1 year ago

4.38 today at Costco ,still high but headed down for Here.

#472 1 year ago

2.69 today in CO.

#473 1 year ago

$3.09 in southwest Florida

#474 1 year ago

I saw it as cheap as $2.76 this past weekend.

#476 1 year ago

I drive an EV that currently runs $0.07/mile ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#477 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

80BC1986-6F01-4918-8A65-7FA5FFE93DF8.gif80BC1986-6F01-4918-8A65-7FA5FFE93DF8.gif
    #478 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

A cool one at that.

#479 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

5eec564499605c54386a1efb427f1bbc9a5ff41351ffa5c221ac0e1a12b4a5d8 (resized).jpg5eec564499605c54386a1efb427f1bbc9a5ff41351ffa5c221ac0e1a12b4a5d8 (resized).jpg
    #480 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

is that the energy cost or does that include things like supply side transmission service charge, purchased electricity adjustment, delivery side customer charge, standard metering charge, distribution facilities charge, Illinois electricity distribution charge (obv, not in TX), environmental cost recovery adjustment, renewable portfolio standard, zero emission standard, energy efficiency programs fee, energy transition assistance fee, franchise cost fee, state tax, etc?
    My energy cost last month was $59.09, my bill was $88.70. I can calculate my costs to run any device by the electricity cost and make it look smaller by ignoring the rest of the costs. If we're going to ignore the extra costs on electric, then recalculate the ICE cots to eliminate anything beyond the fuel cost, remove the gas tax, the state tax, etc. In IL, that's about $1 a gallon.

#481 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

is that the energy cost or does that include things like supply side transmission service charge, purchased electricity adjustment, delivery side customer charge, standard metering charge, distribution facilities charge, Illinois electricity distribution charge (obv, not in TX), environmental cost recovery adjustment, renewable portfolio standard, zero emission standard, energy efficiency programs fee, energy transition assistance fee, franchise cost fee, state tax, etc?
    My energy cost last month was $59.09, my bill was $88.70. I can calculate my costs to run any device by the electricity cost and make it look smaller by ignoring the rest of the costs. If we're going to ignore the extra costs on electric, then recalculate the ICE cots to eliminate anything beyond the fuel cost, remove the gas tax, the state tax, etc. In IL, that's about $1 a gallon.

Don't forget the monthly car payment.

#482 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Uh, not an EV fan, but doesn't that apply to most cars?

#483 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Uh, not an EV fan, but doesn't that apply to most cars?

Not when you just use the differential in price. My car has averaged $0.17 per mile. A comparable tesla model 3 would be $1.68 per mile for the same length of ownership plus electricity.

#484 1 year ago

We have already had this argument, and it's not even an argument. It's one side who refuse to accept that EVs are the future, and are infinitely better than ICE for efficiency, operating costs, environmental issues, etc., vs. those who deal with reality and facts and data.

Really the only issue with EVs right now is they aren't cheap enough for most of us. I see the infrastructure being built or appearing everywhere around me, so everything is moving in that direction. But please, use the I-hate-EV-cars forum, they have already gone through all of this about a 1000 times.....

#485 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I consider that a wash, if you get a new car of any kind you have a payment, usually. The only question is how big you choose to make it.

#486 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

We have already had this argument, and it's not even an argument. It's one side who refuse to accept that EVs are the future, and are infinitely better than ICE for efficiency, operating costs, environmental issues, etc., vs. those who deal with reality and facts and data.
    Really the only issue with EVs right now is they aren't cheap enough for most of us. I see the infrastructure being built or appearing everywhere around me, so everything is moving in that direction. But please, use the I-hate-EV-cars forum, they have already gone through all of this about a 1000 times.....

The same EV's that existed in the past and were passed over for ICE, which was better.

#487 1 year ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Not when you just use the differential in price.

The prices for both vary widely.

#488 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The prices for both vary widely.

No, you'd select your ICE car and your EV car that you'd buy, and the difference is spread out over the miles for the life of the car, or loan.

#489 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

I consider that a wash, if you get a new car of any kind you have a payment, usually. The only question is how big you choose to make it.

Well he said it costs him 7 cents per mile. Even if that were true, that doesn't include the monthly cost of the car which is something like 98% of your operating expenses. Heck whether you drive the car or not. Gas and electric cars alike, since an insane amount of Americans choose not to save their money and instead get a car loan.

#490 1 year ago

Today's Murphy prices just north of Houston.

20221129_164513 (resized).jpg20221129_164513 (resized).jpg
    #491 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

[quoted image]

I could live with that.

#492 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I could live with that.

Yeah man, that's like pre-pandemic.

#493 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I could live with that.

Gas prices continue to fall, which is good. I'm starting to hear that we may not go into recession, but hit a soft landing. I hope for it, but the proof is always in what happens. In the meantime, love filling up a tank for less than 30.

#494 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I could live with that.

We have it pretty good here, no state income tax either.

#495 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Car payment?

#496 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well he said it costs him 7 cents per mile. Even if that were true

Are you calling me a liar? It actually dropped a little to 6 cents.

IMG_2F2A916439F7-1 (resized).jpegIMG_2F2A916439F7-1 (resized).jpeg
    #497 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

[quoted image]

I wonder what's causing the recent dip. My initial thought is maybe distribution centers bought too much inventory in anticipation for Thanksgiving Day travels, and there was probably very little demand compared to the typical holiday driving season. I know a lot of folks didn't drive out of state. And many stores for black Friday had very few visitors because nobody has the money to spend on frivolous things.

#498 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I wonder what's causing the recent dip. My initial thought is maybe distribution centers bought too much inventory in anticipation for Thanksgiving Day travels, and there was probably very little demand compared to the typical holiday driving season. I know a lot of folks didn't drive out of state. And many stores for black Friday had very few visitors because nobody has the money to spend on frivolous things.

My conspiracy theory is the Saudis cranked down production to spike prices before the election.
    Now that it has passed, they've dialed it back to the sweet spot that maximizes their profits.

When gas is high enough, consumer behaviors start to change and it affects their profitability.

#499 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/11/29/shopper-turnout-hit-record-over-black-friday-weekend-trade-group-says.html

#500 1 year ago

I mean, there was nobody out that I could see in my area. There are lots of YouTube videos shows empty stores last Friday. But of course mainstream media will try to hype this up to make the current "administration" look good.

There are 1,182 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.