Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

steve_and_lyman.jpg
    #1 13 years ago

It appears that Gary Stern isn't going to sit there with his arms crossed, as Jersey Jack steals the spotlight. He has hired Steve Ritchie to design games, and appears to also gotten one of the greatest pinball programmers in history on-board to help....Lyman Sheats. Gary has his own dream team now! This dynamic duo designed Spider-Man!

Stern posted this pic on the facebook. It is definately one of the most exciting times in pinball, in a long time.

steve_and_lyman.jpgsteve_and_lyman.jpg

#2 13 years ago

Great team Steve and Lyman!!Can't wait to see what they build!!

#3 13 years ago

uh oh its on now, look forward to seeing what these two can produce. (with a hopefully a bigger budget,more toys etc) WOZ is too much $ for me, maybe i can eventually afford whatever Stern makes next.

#4 13 years ago

Fantastic news, I would expect nothing else as Gary Stern has proved himself a pinball survivor from the 80's onwards Stern>Pinstar>DE>Sega>Stern.

So Steve and Lyman are certainly a dream team and will produce something special and the JJ team are also oozing with talent and they have more of a blank drawing board to design with. I really look forward to the great new games in the pipeline.

Here's hoping that there is room for both to be successful, if so it is great for pinball.

#5 13 years ago

this is good news! hopefully they will be able to start pumping games out, there is a market for them...

#6 13 years ago

I really think Stern and JJP can succeed.

#8 13 years ago

I hope for the best and wish them the best in being sucessful, and turning out some new high quality pins!!!!

#9 13 years ago

Great news thanks for the update drbond! I wonder what project they will work together first on at Stern. Definitely be interesting to see what they come up with.

#10 13 years ago

If anyone thinks that competition in a small market is a bad thing (and that's what's been said for the last 5 years), then this is real proof that it isn't. Stern's realized they can't compete with even the perception of what Jack's doing with a collection of unmotivated amateurs, and is bringing back the talent.

Even if both companies fail, at least they'll go out in a blaze of glory, rather than slowly withering away and leaving nothing but a bitter taste.

#12 13 years ago

Well lets see how those two do the new Lady Ga Ga pin?
    should be a bench mark pin that all others are judged from - kind of like SM

#13 13 years ago

Either way it is WIN-WIN!! "Double the pleasure. Double the Fun!"
    Heck, let's call up Capcom and see if they are ready to comeback! I mean, they have been VERY successful with Street Fighter IV(+Super) as well as Marvel VS Capcom 3. They should have some piles of money that need spending... Let's get Morrison, Mazur, and Fukuoka together to make something NEW!

#14 13 years ago

If JJ is doing WOZ, I see Stern doing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! What a battle, who would make a better pin out of Two Classic movies? I think CCBB would be an awesome Pin, Flying/Floating cars! The possibilities are endless.

#15 13 years ago

Benny Hill as the Toymaker! Classic..

#16 13 years ago

Jim Carrey as Professor Coraticus Potts!!!
    Who would be Truely Scrumptious? Lady Ga Ga, Faith Hill?

#17 13 years ago

I would love to see a 3 Stooges theme. Done right.

#18 13 years ago

Wesperron; Here is your three stooges pin.

Definitely NOT done right... sorry to the contributor, no offense.

#19 13 years ago

Alice in Wonderland would be cool. I LOVE the new Alice. The movie was pretty cool too.

#20 13 years ago

Oh yeah I watched that movie last year......almost forgot about that

#21 13 years ago

THE JETSON'S!!! take my advice, this machine will sell big time. The conveyor belt= tread mill feature alone will be unstoppable!

I am both amazed by Steve Richie's "High Speed", and vexed by it's multi=ball difficulty... It's so challenging! Just imagine what he could do with........

JANE! STOP THIS CRAZY THING!!!

#22 13 years ago

I want to see a XMEN, Transformers or Harry Potter machine next.

#23 13 years ago

Three stooges pin won't transfer link. Go to Youtube.com, type in "three stooges pinball".

#24 13 years ago

I like the idea of a Ga Ga rock machine! Or what about a Daft Punk machine, that would be cool.

Mind you I still looking forward to Tron with Daft Punk I hope.

#25 13 years ago

These 2 will be working on Transformers Triolgy Pinball coming this xmas

#26 13 years ago

Young people just do not seem to have any affinity for pins. I do not know what it will take to get their interest back. Perhaps if you had and I-touch app. whereby they listened to the machine through their earbuds, and paid online rather than inserting quarters?

#27 13 years ago

Unless it's capable of transforming into a Ms. Pac-Man machine, I'm going to be disappointed...

#28 13 years ago

Three stooges pin won't transfer link.

My bad, a problem in the forum software that strips all underscore characters from posts. Will fix this later today.

#29 13 years ago

Perhaps if you had and I-touch app. whereby they listened to the machine through their earbuds, and paid online rather than inserting quarters?

Exactly. The further you can remove them from the actual experience, the more likely they are to enjoy it.

#30 13 years ago

Played and talked to Lyman at pinburgh, nice cool guy - also told me how to get the 5 way combo on Tommy

#31 13 years ago

... also told me how to get the 5 way combo on Tommy.]

Do tell. I randomly did a 4-way combo the other day. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I did, and I was shocked when I got credit for it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-sterns-answer-to-jersey-jack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.