Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jungle
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    lynda_carter_debra_winger_as_wonder_girl_bYXwRo5.jpg
    dump.jpg
    scrim.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nhm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

I don't see getting kids into it as the answer, they just don't care.
    Three pin plays for $2 or two 99 cent iPod games? My kid's going for the iPod games every time. Even free access to them doesn't matter.
    I'm not into soccer. Build a soccer stadium a mile from my house, host the World Cup game there and give me free tickets... Guess what? I'm not going.

So, you're resigned to the fact that pinball will die? Collectors are collectors because they played the game in their younger years on location. If the younger generation doesn't start playing, pinball WILL die, probably in 10-15 years. As in, completely done, in terms of major manufacturers. The collectors of tomorrow are the youth of today.

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I'm not sure I understand why Gary doesn't seem to think we are as at least as important as the operator market.

Because you will get old and die one day, and if the youth of today aren't exposed to pinball on location, there will be nobody to take your place as a collector. That single sentence explains the entire future of pinball.

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from bmunn1:

I don't thnk your listening to what people are saying. Barcades are great 18+ group but younger than 18 home collection is the biggest advertiser for kids.

It doesn't have to be that way. I know we are an anomaly, but Portland has lots of locations that have tons of pinball, and are all ages. Pinball on location does exist outside of barcades. As a matter of fact, a non-profit charity just opened up a location where kids 13 and under can play for free, as much as they want.

http://pinballoutreach.org/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nhm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-tpf-talking-points-1?tu=nhm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.