You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201023-170207 (resized).png
083A898F-A6BC-450D-A81A-31D67602B9B4.gif
F3541748-BD0C-4FF3-929F-B3336DFCD917 (resized).jpeg

There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Gary Stern says they have 5000 back orders to fill. Sounds kind of like a diss at JJP to me. 5000 GnR LEs total? That's cute. That's our typical backlog.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-expo-slash-interview-lots-of-new-code-pinball-brothers-twip-10-19-20/

#2 3 years ago

Gary is a salesman. Take much of his commentary with a large grain of salt.

#3 3 years ago

Did u guys see that new stern assembly video? There are boards that say goonies and Jason what’s that about ?

#4 3 years ago

Btw i did like jack dangers dance walk . I will learn it too and do it at work

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did u guys see that new stern assembly video? There are boards that say goonies and Jason what’s that about ?

Those are code names for games. Goonies is the code name for TMNT. I'm not sure what Jason is.

Sounds like Goonies is stranger things and Jason is (maybe?) TMNT?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm not sure what Jason is.

Jason Bonham perhaps?
Zeppelin is apparently next.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Gary Stern says they have 5000 back orders to fill. Sounds kind of like a diss at JJP to me. 5000 GnR LEs total? That's cute. That's our typical backlog.

Where do u guys get this info? and where ever that is, don't go there anymore. Who cares what Gary or Jack or anyone says and who cares how many games they have on back log or how many have been sold. I wouldn't believe anything they say anyway so better not to follow them at all.

#8 3 years ago

I wonder who will take over stern once Gary Stern is done done .. and will that person continue to bring new ideas . Man I should have just drove over to Illinois a couple times a month and bought the guy some beer maybe he would have passed everything off to me ... sigh ... oh well

But then I would have to deal with all the crap , like one little bubble or something and the whole community will come after with pitch forks yelling “pooling !” . Ah forget it !

#9 3 years ago

Jason is TMNT. Jaws was JP. GOTG was Furry Hats.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder who will take over stern once Gary Stern is done done

Jack's got some extra free time now.

#12 3 years ago

Anyone else hear next announcement (Zeppelin) tomorrow?

#13 3 years ago

They could always outsource to Homepin since the backlog there is zero.

#14 3 years ago

Gary's backlog is going to wither away once Deeproot gets that octo-manufacturing going! They are planning to produce more pins in 2019 than any manufacturer has done before!

#15 3 years ago

More like they are behind in manufacturing, how long was the factory closed for covid? Seems like all manufacturing of products are behind because of covid shut downs. Not just pinball machine manufacturing.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

More like they are behind in manufacturing

Yes like everyone else. Has anyone tried getting a dentist or doctor appointment lately? Three to four months out is now the norm because of being shut down for months. While there is a backlog with backorders I do not see Stern outperforming 2019 sales numbers unless they pull off selling 1000 LZ LE's before years end.

What I do like is seeing these numbers increase, will we ever get back to the tens of thousands of games made in the 90's-time will tell. Really good to hear that Stern is thriving during these times- to be honest I was a little worried when all of this stuff started.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-expo-slash-interview-lots-of-new-code-pinball-brothers-twip-10-19-20/

Steak vs burgers.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Today? That would be awesome so I can make this decision on LZ or GNR.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I don't think ur gonna hear anything about Zeppelin till mid Nov, early Dec. with shipping starting in the new year. Jesus AIQ just came out didn't it.

#20 3 years ago

I agree. Why would Stern release new game info with a 10 week backup in production (500/wk avg prd rate). This news will be delayed for sure.

Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think ur gonna hear anything about Zeppelin till mid Nov, early Dec. with shipping starting in the new year. Jesus AIQ just came out didn't it.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I agree. Why would Stern release new game info with a 10 week backup in production (500/wk avg prd rate). This news will be delayed for sure.

I’m not buying the 5000 game backlog. When you think about how Stern operates, they have several games in production all the time and they are always already sold to their distros. That is their backlog, product that is already allocated and going to disteos, it’s almost a constant these days and that comment was definitely intended to be a dig at JJP.

Stern is a machine and can crank them out fast.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Steak vs burgers.

F3541748-BD0C-4FF3-929F-B3336DFCD917 (resized).jpegF3541748-BD0C-4FF3-929F-B3336DFCD917 (resized).jpeg
#23 3 years ago

Sounds like Gary is jealous of JJP selling out 500 $12,500 CE's in just a few days. Maybe he's bitter those $15k Elvira Signature Editions with a piece of an old couch and $15k+ Beatles Platinum / Diamond games that only offered a different back glass / trim sold so poorly lol.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

And some of the AIQ playfields are chipping.

#25 3 years ago

Seems kind of odd to be bragging about doing so well during the pandemic when they took PPP money just a few months ago.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Seems kind of odd to be bragging about doing so well during the pandemic when they took PPP money just a few months ago.

Business performance had nothing to do with asking for PPP. Everyone that had a good lawyer and banker applied for it. Set up right , it was just free money.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Just about everyone took PPP money that could get it. It was free money...they were stupid to not apply for it. And just because Stern has a huge order backlog now does not mean they didn't have bills to pay while the factory was shut down and unable to produce income.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Just about everyone took PPP money that could get it. It was free money...they were stupid to not apply for it. And just because Stern has a huge order backlog now does not mean they didn't have bills to pay while the factory was shut down and unable to produce income.

I'm not saying they weren't as entitled to it as everyone else, I'm just saying that it's maybe not a great idea to brag about how well you're doing shortly after taking it, especially while many businesses have not been allowed to reopen or reopen in more than a very limited capacity.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The ppp money helped businesses retain talent. Without it specialized employees that were good at their craft would move on . It would be very hard to retrain from the ground floor again without it

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm just saying that it's maybe not a great idea to brag

083A898F-A6BC-450D-A81A-31D67602B9B4.gif083A898F-A6BC-450D-A81A-31D67602B9B4.gif
#31 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like Gary is jealous of JJP selling out 500 $12,500 CE's in just a few days. Maybe he's bitter those $15k Elvira Signature Editions with a piece of an old couch and $15k+ Beatles Platinum / Diamond games that only offered a different back glass / trim sold so poorly lol.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

And some of the AIQ playfields are chipping.

AIQ? You mean GnR, right?

#33 3 years ago

I placed an order through Stern Rewards for a DP Pro last week. I have my place in line right now, was told to look at end of Q1 2021 as an estimated completion/ship date. Humble or not, they have a lot of machines to make.

#34 3 years ago

It’s really sad how so many people want to turn pinball into a soap opera. Are you really that fucking bored?

If you aren’t a clueless noob you’d know that Gary has been saying all sorts of things to all sorts of people about the industry for about 40 years. He’s not “shining on “ JjP or anybody else he’s just doing an interview like he’s done 100s of times before.

He doesn’t care about your petty thirst for drama or any of this other bullshit. He’s just selling pinball machines to pay for his food and shelter like he always has.

Get off his dick people! Pinball is becoming more embarrassing by the day. Why is this hobby becoming such a magnet for clueless drama queens?

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

e doesn’t care about your petty thirst for drama or any of this other bullshit. He’s just selling pinball machines like he always had.

What I love is when they try to call some of us Stern fan boys, There is only one kind of Fanboy on Pinside. JJP fanboys.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s really sad how so many people want to turn pinball into a soap opera. Are you really that fucking bored?
If you aren’t a clueless noob you’d know that Gary has been saying all sorts of things to all sorts of people about the industry for about 40 years. He’s not “shining on “ JjP or anybody else he’s just doing an interview like he’s done 100s of times before.
He doesn’t care about your petty thirst for drama or any of this other bullshit. He’s just selling pinball machines to pay for his food and shelter like he always has.
Get off his dick people! Pinball is becoming more embarrassing by the day. Why is this hobby becoming such a magnet for clueless drama queens?

Irony.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sounds like you are suggesting that Stern is jealous of JJP’s sales numbers, do I have that right? If so, do you actually believe that?

#38 3 years ago

With Stern putting out 3 or 4 games a year and games run for two or three years that's that's having orders of 600 units per game no big deal

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL hay Panzer did you see the first G&R chipping post is out

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

AIQ? You mean GnR, right?

To be honest I did not see any posts yet. Where?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why is this hobby becoming such a magnet for clueless drama queens?

Because CDQs are a percentage of humanity and social media gives everyone a voice. Doesn’t mean you have to listen.

#42 3 years ago

It just boggles my mind that there are people who think Gary stern spends more than 2 minutes a year thinking about JJP or any other pinball company.

Nobody here seems to understand that he’s not a podcaster or a bored millionaire who decided to crash the pinball scene with his glitz and braggadocio.

Gary stern is a man in his 70s who has been part of the pinball industry literally his entire life. Pinball to him isn’t impressing moronic podcasters and pinsiders or boosting his ego. He’s not in it for fame. He’s not in it for the adoration of innovation-seeking pinball nerds. He’s not in it to engage in petty squabbles with people who started making pinball machines in the past decade.

Pinball to him is literally whatever you do 9 to 5 to pay the bills and put a roof over your head, and put your kids thru college. It always has been. For 70+ years. It’s the exact same thing to him that being an accountant or working at a shoe store was to your dad. That’s it. That’s all it will ever be for him, so stop projecting your bizarre “jr Ewing” fantasies upon him.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

To be honest I did not see any posts yet. Where?

Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's a better angle, I rotated it and zoomed in, you can see the post digging in and the clear pooling in front of the chip
[quoted image]

Post 6678 in the Continued Playfield Issues thread.
I'm pleased to see few issues on any of the new releases, Stern or JJP. Here's hoping they both continue to get rid of these problems.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It just boggles my mind that there are people who think Gary stern spends more than 2 minutes a year thinking about JJP or any other pinball company.
Nobody here seems to understand that he’s not a podcaster or a bored millionaire who decided to crash the pinball scene with his glitz and braggadocio.
Gary stern is a man in his 70s who has been part of the pinball industry literally his entire life. Pinball to him isn’t impressing moronic podcasters or boosting his ego. He’s not in it for fame. He’s not in it for the adoration of innovation-seeking pinball nerds. He’s not in it to engage in petty squabbles with people who started making pinball machines in the past decade.
Pinball to him is literally whatever you do 9 to 5 to pay the bills and put a roof over your head. It always has been. For 70+ years. It’s the exact same thing to him that being an accountant or working at a shoe store was to your dad. That’s it. That’s all it will ever be for him, so stop projecting your fantasies upon him.

I just knew one day you'd post something I would agree with... now that it's here I feel a sense of anti-climax...

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hey...I dislike Stern at times, with the best of them, but.....saying those Elvira SLEs and Beatles D/Ps "sold so poorly" is flat out wrong. Stern sold every one they had, and with haste. Distros? yeah ,they may be stuck with some, but Stern doesn't care about that, they sold them.

#46 3 years ago

...5000 game backlog, 3 or 5 ball games?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gary stern is a man in his 70s who has been part of the pinball industry literally his entire life. Pinball to him isn’t impressing moronic podcasters and pinsiders or boosting his ego. He’s not in it for fame. He’s not in it for the adoration of innovation-seeking pinball nerds. He’s not in it to engage in petty squabbles with people who started making pinball machines in the past decade.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it is the 2020 culture. Last I checked everyone is like this about everything these days including you Levi.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I placed an order through Stern Rewards for a DP Pro last week. I have my place in line right now, was told to look at end of Q1 2021 as an estimated completion/ship date. Humble or not, they have a lot of machines to make.

This is why there's such a backlog. Stern is offering almost a dozen models, but can only manufacture two models at any given time. Distributors run out of an older title and it gets backordered. In the past, WMS/DE would have simply said "buy the current title" but Stern knows the home market isn't like that, so they keep accepting orders and remaking older games to fill demand.

As long as people are willing to wait for backorders, this should work well for Stern.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why is this hobby becoming such a magnet for clueless drama queens?

Because so many of us pinheads are clueless drama queens? I think the reason is this is a VERY niche market yet pinball is known iconically by everyone out there collectively in their concience. Because of this, even the slightest inkling of the possibility of fame will drive people to do and say stupid things thinking they could break into the hobby/business and become some "force to be reckoned with", i.e. deeproot. Gary has been playing this game for a LOT longer than most and he is a pro at saying just the right thing to boil the right peoples blood... I kind of have gotten used to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 35.00
There are 115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-says-they-have-a-5000-game-backlog-of-orders?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.