(Topic ID: 76551)

Gary Stern live stream at CES on Engadget

By ChadH

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 10 years ago

He brings up Beer within a minute, way to go Gary.

#3 10 years ago

50 - 60% of North American Sales are to private owners, that number has increased.

#4 10 years ago

I didnt know Portland and Seattle were in the Northeast.

#5 10 years ago

"how many people are making pinball machines now?"

We are the only full-line manufacturer.

Other "hobbyists" are making small-time machines.

#6 10 years ago

He really skirted around the "other manufacturers" question...didnt even mention JJP.

#7 10 years ago

LOL...... new LE price $8k -8.5k pro $5k

#8 10 years ago

new technology?

Diagnostic computer and LEDs....

#9 10 years ago

News Flash: LED's are the newest tech in Stern pinball machines! The biggest difference between new games and games from the 60's per Gary Stern.

It would be nice to do an interview with JJP to discuss their tech.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Didn't you listen to Gary? They don't make pinballs.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

"how many people are making pinball machines now?"
    We are the only full-line manufacturer.
    Other "hobbyists" are making small-time machines.

I still don't see how it benefits them to keep using the "last of the dinosaurs" line. It would be far more powerful to say "for 11 years we were the only pinball company standing, but now there are several and our own business is booming".

#12 10 years ago

lol, it took 5 people to move that ACDC. Stern pins are not that heavy.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

News Flash: LED's are the newest tech in Stern pinball machines! The biggest difference between new games and games from the 60's per Gary Stern.

and/or DP...

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I still don't see how it benefits them to keep using the "last of the dinosaurs" line. It would be far more powerful to say "for 11 years we were the only pinball company standing, but now there are several and our own business is booming".

This is what a man with actual marketing skills would say. An actual dinosaur says exactly what Gary says.

#15 10 years ago

I think they should start to let Gomez give the speeches

#16 10 years ago

I think we need to enjoy Gary in all his glory now while he is still around, hopefully for a long while.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-live-stream-at-ces-on-engadget-at-1130am-central and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.