(Topic ID: 107700)

Gary Stern likes Pink Floyd

By stooped

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snake Radio.jpg
    PinkFloydUmmaGumma.jpg
    PinkFloyd8trackplayer.jpg
    DSCN3391.JPG
    PinkFloydGirls.jpg
    pig.jpeg
    pink-floyd-the-wall-movie-flowers-i7.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benetboy78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago

I think I met Gary at Soldier Field June 19th 1977. It was a Sunday, Fathers Day. He was next to me at the Pink Floyd Animals Tour in the infield about the 40-yard line right below, what would be. the hovering pig. I think he may have passed something back and forth from 10:00 am that morning until Floyd began at 8:00 p.m. What a day for teenager....

Hey Gary, stop by my place before the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl to play some Daisy May and Frontiersman with Floyd vinyl on the Thorens turntable through the McKintosh 275 tube amp, and JBL L166 speakers. Its all good, and only getting better!!

#55 9 years ago

Only on the 8-track tape of Animals (that I am aware not on vinyl or cassette), Waters gave a guitar solo/riff that tied Pigs on the Wings Parts I(first song on first track) and II (last song on last track) together, at the same time making the tape a continuous play.....and man did mine get played. It was in SW suburban Chicago in the 1977's in a 1954 Willys Jeep tearing up Naperville's woods and farmland blasting Floyd on a red portable Radio Shack 8-track player that ran on D size batteries.... in the woods somewhere near the Dupage River.
    Don't forget Ummagumma.....

PinkFloyd8trackplayer.jpgPinkFloyd8trackplayer.jpgPinkFloydUmmaGumma.jpgPinkFloydUmmaGumma.jpg

#60 9 years ago

One of my favorite all time lines from any band was from Wish You Were Here...

"We're just two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year...."

Just plain classic!!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Shine on you crazy diamonds.
    » YouTube video

10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun........................

Thanks O-din. Pink Floyd rules. FYI: My kids are in School of Rock program, and Floyd is one of the bands they use for a performance program. Pretty cool to see 10-16 year olds truly rockin down the house!!

It would be great if Stern would add side cabinet speakers for a total of six or more for the Floyd pin. Why not convert the coin door to a bass speaker? I think the wife would appreciate the vibration!!! Stereo would be great too. LOL

2 months later
    #64 9 years ago

"Did you exchange a walk on part in a war for a stand role in a cage?" Are you a draft dodger or are you going for it? God bless all of those that went for it!! Because of them, we can continue to play pinball in peace!!

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

I believe what Floyd was trying say was, will you avoid and run from war-dodge the draft, or will you will take a lead role in it to its/your final cut?

That has been my interpretation. Although my words weren't all correct, the meaning is the same to me. Unfortunately, I am thinking my 12 year old boy is going to feel the same as I did when I was 18. War seems to be on the horizon again. WWIII this time.

God Bless America. Where we can sing, dance, watch soccer, and play pinball in the freedom of our own Country!! Heck Yeah!!!!!!~

#80 9 years ago

The Floyd pin could have a virtual wall similar to the newer virtual lit cast hologram keyboards available so when you send the ball through the virtual light cast hologram wall, it crumbles and breaks down hit-by-hit. All three/four flippers would be required to make the shots to completely tear down the wall...... The shaker would be awesome as the ball "hits" the virtual wall.

Done correctly, Floyd could be as good as AC/DC, maybe better. Lighting with lasers would be appropriate. Videos of the concerts/studio of them playing the songs on the new LCD screen would be great too similar to the newer WWELE.

#82 9 years ago

Yeah, an option for the LE could be a coin dispenser similar to "Safecracker" when the song "Money" Super Jackpot is achieved.... The Owner could supply the coins/Quarters for the dispenser to shoot it back at you on the playfield glass from the speaker bezel area. That would be sweet. It is one theme song that a coin shooter feature makes sense. Pink Floyd Pinball, Its a hit, don't give me any of that bulls***.

#83 9 years ago

Yeah, I can also see the Pink Floyd Limited Edition (PFLE) where you complete the Dark Side of the Moon shots to complete each color in the prism as it lights up the playfield in a lazer spectrum of RGB LEDs....all to the rocking music.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benetboy78.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-likes-pink-floyd?tu=benetboy78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.