Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jump.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#15 9 years ago

Oh sure. Gary Gary Gary.
    But if I say no preemies you guys never believe me!

Long overdue drop of preemies according to stern.

The LE will continue to have added pf mechs and software, the pro will not.
    Get what you pay for is the new business model.

#17 9 years ago

One LE model and one pro model. No 'super LE' or 'deluxe Pro'. Buy what you will and stern will continue to list features you're paying for and mods for that title will be announced shortly after.

K.I.S.S. (Acronym, not the band)

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

This obviously means they don't sell enough of them to make it worth it.
    Bad news for us.
    Those who wanted fewer options and thought that would be a good thing got their wish.

No Rob, they're selling. But stern is out of the triple tier market and will sell mods for the individual to make that pin their own.

#23 9 years ago

If you want LE features pony up and buy one. Looks to be no financial shortcuts there. This is business strategy via sterns venture capital partner. Pinball is OUR passion but their business model.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Bad move . They will feel it soon. You can really tell the difference here at Expo.

How so?

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

As long as those mods include the missing VUKs, kickbacks, magnets and the like, I'm down with that. I don't give a damn about the mods they just announced - purely cosmetic.

Mods are and will be cosmetic. You can't buy a pro and pimp it out to make it an LE.

Stern is putting value on the LE 'brand' and allowing the LE and pro owners to customize.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Thanks for this. Kinda bullshit if you want to troll this type of stuff MN!

Hate to say it Dantebean, but this will be sterns new tier model.

Gary isn't making the financial or marketing decisions much anymore.

So let's recap.

Moving to a huge warehouse and adding assembly lines to work on multiple projects to diversify at the same time.

Improving game code and letting designers make LE models without bom constraints.

Going to a two tier system per model instead of 3 or more.

Selling modifications directly from Stern now.

Building more than just pinball machines in the future.

Contracting work to boutique pinball manufacturers.

Stepping up software and rules implementation dramatically.

Quite a bit of strategy and some adaptation going on from what I'm seeing.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

He's confused.
    At the 11:50 mark Gary talks about there being no more AC/DC Premiums. Later, he also says that there are no more Metallica Premiums left.
    He never said there will be no more Premium versions offered going forward.

My guy at stern says they've all but abandoned the preemie model.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

So if they eliminate the premium and they don't increase twdle totals, he just put control of the possible value increase into collectors hands by it actually being limited... That's if he doesn't do a premium and doesn't increase the game total over 500... If this is the new model he chooses then I would expect them to increase the le total numbers made to 1k or something much higher so he can reap the profits of more sales and less models

Nope. LE will mean LE. But pros will be built til the cows come home.

Which confuses me. If the marketing is getting better at Stern ( gradually), and so far the strategy has been working, who made the idiotic decision to release Pro first then sell a limited number of LE's after Pro release?

Good decisions compounded by bad ones.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well Gary is making a mistake, but are you guys noticing the method in the madness? (I'm guessing) They will sell you a Pro and let you add mods to it from their online store.

This is the supposed plan moving forward. Why sell you a premium with $1000 worth of stuff on it when they can sell you a pro with minimal and YOU buy what you want. Stern marketing plan for customized pins.

Stern has proven they can change their minds when the title is red hot, so we will all see how this model pans out moving forward.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-just-announced-at-expo-now?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.