5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jump.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

RobT
    Are you @ Expo?
    If so ask Gary if he's making Tron Premiums

Or maybe a premium edition LOTR

#102 5 years ago

Just let the TRON Premium be your last - it's cool. doooooo it!

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from JMK:

Can anyone clarify this issue?
    Two of Sterns most successful recent releases were ACDC premium and MET premium. Gary can't be oblivious to this fact. If his plan is to release only LEs and Pros, there's going to be a ton of unhappy buyers and money moving to alternatives- JJP, boutiques, re-makes, etc...

I was there and Gary didn't say once that he wasn't going to make premiums anymore. Furthermore when asked if he would make a Walking Dead premium he said "maybe".

#104 5 years ago

The game has changed. The big lines were all around TBL. Plus all the new guys and JJP. The Stern party was a sideshow not a main event. You could feel a shift just by walking the rooms.
    Bottom line is TBL , Highway, Wooly and one offs are making stunning , feature packed and beautiful games. Stern can't keep making stripped down tables and win the wallets.
    And the op has made it clear the only premiums mentioned going away was added as in sold out. That's it. Close thread.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Nail in coffin.

LOL!

Another expert weighs in....

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Ok I ran into Martin pinball news and he says Gary was talking about AC /DC premiums. Not games in general. Sorry for confusion. Did not mean to goof that up. Walking Dead premiums were not confirmed either. If some people thought I was a troll whatever.... Not meant to be, I seriously thought I heard that. I can't watch the streaming seminar on phone. I won't post anything more. I'll let some other guy stumble over themselves. I'm going back to play pinball.

No problem, you're forgiven!
    And please don't stop posting.

#108 5 years ago

For everyone the fight to obtain a slice of pie is ferocious. We are in an amazing bubble right now. How it all pans out in the next few years is anyone's guess

#109 5 years ago

If they ever do end the premium line, I prefer the pinball refinery pro over most stock premiums anyway, Just my opinion on that.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from foxtj24:

If they ever do end the premium line, I prefer the pinball refinery pro over most stock premiums anyway, Just my opinion on that.

Hemi and Gio kick ass..love my pre pinball refinery xmle!

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well Gary is making a mistake, but are you guys noticing the method in the madness? (I'm guessing) They will sell you a Pro and let you add mods to it from their online store.

This is the supposed plan moving forward. Why sell you a premium with $1000 worth of stuff on it when they can sell you a pro with minimal and YOU buy what you want. Stern marketing plan for customized pins.

Stern has proven they can change their minds when the title is red hot, so we will all see how this model pans out moving forward.

#112 5 years ago

Just a mistake by the op, no biggie, move on.

#113 5 years ago

Cut Jason some slack, for crying out loud. It was an honest mistake. He usually gives us good info, guys.

#114 5 years ago

Say it ain't so.....

#115 5 years ago

Smaug isn't a LE. It's an SE. They will take orders for 1,000,000 of them before the 12/31/14 ordering deadline if the demand is there. Sorry to nitpick.

#116 5 years ago

They kinda did with TWD. They sold you a premium at LE prices...you now gotta pay a grand or so in 'mods' to turn that premium into an LE

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I wish they would dump the LE and just make a premium.
    Unlimited premium.

#117 5 years ago

Get a rope and the pitchforks!

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Why sell you a premium with $1000 worth of stuff on it when they can sell you a pro with minimal and YOU buy what you want.

Because lipstick doesn't address the missing playfield features. I guess I don't understand why someone would buy a pro and then dump $1K into extra decorations when they could have put that towards a premium or LE with full playfield features. Have toppers become more interesting than the actual game itself? Dunno, maybe.

For me, there needs to be a full featured option without all the bling. I get that Stern may decide one day to move away from that model, so my money will move away to other options. And there are a TON of other options now.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Because lipstick doesn't address the missing playfield features. I guess I don't understand why someone would buy a pro and then dump $1K into extra decorations when they could have put that towards a premium or LE with full playfield features. Have toppers become more interesting than the actual game itself? Dunno, maybe.
    For me, there needs to be a full featured option without all the bling. I get that Stern may decide one day to move away from that model, so my money will move away to other options. And there are a TON of other options now.

+1

#120 5 years ago

It's the beginning of the end, too much overhead, that vacuum sound is the sound of $$$ being sucked right out of Stern pinball.

#121 5 years ago

Gary said they could easily do a TWD premium because the PF would not change and it just would not include the signature from Borg. At this point they don't have plans but it clearly sounded like an option based on his response. Not sure how it comes across on the audio because it was one of his last questions and it was noisy in the background. So all the people saying TWD premium is never going to happen are full of it. If the demand is there Stern will make it.

#122 5 years ago

They need to make full featured games at the premium price point. I don't care what they call them. At almost $8K i will buy a boutique game or a JJP. Sorry, stern.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's the beginning of the end, too much overhead, that vacuum sound is the sound of $$$ being sucked right out of Stern pinball.

I honestly believe that if they just added feature filled pinball machines and not just a few bash toys/magnets and "shoot this lit shot" mentality they would have no problem selling machines. It just seems like they are hoping for big profits w/o looking at why people want the machines in the first place.

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Because of them and them only. They can crawl out of their hole...maybe they can step out via the shovels and picks they dug it with.

#125 5 years ago

Well, since its blatantly false info, why not SHUT this thread?

Or at the very least- the OP should edit his post...

#126 5 years ago

Gary wants us to buy TBL, Melons, vault editions of 70's releases & MMr

It's all the same to him (in most cases)

I do look FW to vault editions of the classics!

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Gary said they could easily do a TWD premium because the PF would not change and it just would not include the signature from Borg.

Yesterday Gary said it's easy to make a premium but two weeks ago said the reason for not doing a Premium is too much effort for the sale? It can't be both (but we know it is easy). So I take the comment as Stern still trying to force-feed their LE price point to the populace even while their competition is out-doing them at the same price point.

That being said, Stern remains the only manufacturer in the world that appears to have any sort of handle on getting actual games to customers as promised. That is worth a lot.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

..but are you guys noticing the method in the madness? (I'm guessing) They will sell you a Pro and let you add mods to it from their online store.

yep, in the end it will cost you more than a premium.

and i wonder where they got the ideas for those mods... pin blade/side board, shooter rod, topper...

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Ok I ran into Martin pinball news and he says Gary was talking about AC /DC premiums. Not games in general. Sorry for confusion. Did not mean to goof that up. Walking Dead premiums were not confirmed either. If some people thought I was a troll whatever.... Not meant to be, I seriously thought I heard that. I can't watch the streaming seminar on phone. I won't post anything more. I'll let some other guy stumble over themselves. I'm going back to play pinball.

Thank you for following up and confirming what I said about no more Premiums only applying to AC/DC.

I never thought that you did it to troll or that you did it intentionally. Like I said earlier, I thought you got confused regarding the AC/DC Premium statement.

#130 5 years ago

Competition is good for the marketplace......long live pinball!

#131 5 years ago

With the overhead they have and new facility Stern has to crank out volume That simple. How many times have you read about "VC" guys dropping into the decision making process and run things into the ground like a monkey F ing a football.

They are quickly becoming the pro cheaper alternative only. No value in the LE. Boutique guys destroy them and can easily fill the demand for 8500 pins

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Gotta love the OP to stir up a shitstorm and bail. The post is inaccurate and should be closed. People will just keep debating false information till someone rages.

I agree. Closing the thread down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 259.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 109.99
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside