(Topic ID: 40762)

Gary Stern confirms Wi-Fi coming, tournament play through the cloud.

By Napabar

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

88AEBFE9-D82A-4FC6-A3BF-CE465C5B469C (resized).jpeg
    204634701_4057868290994571_7863711791275887897_n (resized).jpg
    204445593_4057868167661250_8084786158561506176_n (resized).jpg
    revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

. I’m happy to help with the design on either side, no charge.

Ok, first task, make sure two games on opposite sides of the country have equal flippers, adjusted identical, same wear on parts, etc.
    extra credit for adjusting the slings on both games exactly the same switch gap kicking to the outlanes exactly the same, and all the rubber must be identical too, same grip, wear, and durometer.
    The list goes on for this, on and on and on

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How about understanding what we’re trying do, before throwing out some ridiculous strawman? It can start with competing on a single game, either at a tournament for the weekend, or a barcade for a month. It’s a single game, so the “unfair” argument doesn’t work.

Oh MY! i completely didn't understand, i'm SO stupid!
    OH, by the way, that already exists....
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6317538

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, sorry dude - you still don’t understand. This thread is about manufacturers supporting WiFi networking natively, maybe with a USB dongle.

I understand,... you want to pay Stern and JJP a recurring monthly charge to play your own game, or maybe just a per-game online fee? Great idea!

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That’s strike three.

No, it’s the reality of what you’re going to get.
    I know exactly what everyone “wants” from this concept.
    I also know what they will get, up charges from the manufacturers.
    Why would they not use the same model every other commercial coin-op business has used to make money from this concept?
    But keep calling me uninformed and unable to understand, idgaf what you think now.
    Strike 3, I’m out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DNO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-stern-confirms-wi-fi-coming-tournament-play-through-the-cloud?tu=DNO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.