Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

freddie.gif
    images-2.jpeg
    images-9.jpeg
    images-11.jpeg
    pict1001.nar.jpg
    114464.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    queen_pinball.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    images-22.jpeg
    images-363.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    images-1-508.jpeg
    Queen.jpg
    images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackwidow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Watch this and not be amazed. I dare you.
    ยป YouTube video

Thanks for the dare. I love Queen so you didn't have to twist my arm all that much. That footage is amazing! Too bad they are performing my least favourite song, but what a show stopping band they were!

When do people think a Queen pin will be built?

If it is based around their best and most famous songs it's sure to have wide appeal!
    I'll buy one!

Quoted from Billy16:

Queen was just an OK band for me, never really got into them (but I can see how others like them). Does their music stand the test of time? Some of it. Some teenagers might know a Doors or Hendrix tune--I doubt most even know who Queen is (was). Queen died when Freddie checked out, regardless of what the band thinks. Rock pins have been done to death, how about something else?

I'd love to see lots of music pins, including rock.
    But what type of non-rock pins do you think would sell?

By the way, more teens know more Queen songs compared to the number of Metallica & ACDC songs they know!
    Check out the rest of the posts in this thread that put forward a sound argument for how popular Queen is across the age ranges. Since Freddie checked out several Queen songs have become an embedded part of modern culture.

#222 10 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I was referring to original themed pins--not a different genre of music. I'm not sure AC/DC can be topped.
    As far as popularity, I've never had a request for Queen or Metallica at any classic rock gig I've played. Doors, Beatles, Hendrix, Sublime, Petty, Steve Miller, Stones, Santana--those bands all bridge the generation gap. Queen and Metallica, not as much in my experience.

It will certainly be hard to top ACDC!

Beatles! Now that's an interesting one. Arguably the greatest, most influential rock band ever. That would be another great pin title! I'd buy Beatles and Queen! Great music, plenty of music variety, and great pin action, beats movie themes and cars for me!

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackwidow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin?tu=blackwidow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.