Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by beadwindow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150612_174207 (resized).jpg
20150612_174356 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Is his product a translite sandwiched between glass? Price on one is 245.00. (for an older EM)
Does someone have a pic of one of his products? ...................Feedback anyone?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbanjo:

Is his product a translite sandwiched between glass?

The EM repro backglass that I purchased from Gary about 7 years ago was. It was a nice replacement at the time for the severely degraded original backglass, but when I later compared it with a Ron Webb reproduction that became available, I realized that some of the colors on Gary's were off a bit.

Sorry - no pic available.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbanjo:

Is his product a translite sandwiched between glass? Price on one is 245.00. (for an older EM)
Does someone have a pic of one of his products? ...................Feedback anyone?

I have a couple of his glasses and they are not bad based on the tech available at the time they were done. This was before bgresto and it was almost impossible to get a new backglass for older Williams/Bally games. I think bgresto's process is much better that what Gary was doing back then.

Ron Webb's glasses are screened like the original so you're going to get better colors that way. The problem is Ron doesn't make glasses for a lot of games out there whereas bgresto will make them for about anything. The basic idea is, if you can get a screened glass, do it, but if you can't, bgresto is a great alternative. And the one thing they do have going for them over screened repros is, they'll never do what a screened glass will do, which is peel and flake, although in a home environment that's really never going to be an issue. 20150612_174207 (resized).jpg20150612_174356 (resized).jpg

The Ding Dong and Surfers glasses above are both Conway glasses

#4 1 year ago

I purchased a 61 and 66 Williams pitch and bat translates from him. They are nice. I saved a bunch by getting them as a translite and then going to Lowes and buying the glass to make the sandwich.

Mike V

#5 1 year ago

Any contact information for Gary Conway? My buddy Welby Bergum needs a glass made for a 1954 Williams All Star Baseball.

#6 1 year ago

Here is what I have for him from 2 years ago:

backglassreprints@yahoo.com

Mike V

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Any contact information for Gary Conway? My buddy Welby Bergum needs a glass made for a 1954 Williams All Star Baseball.

Have Welby ask Larry D. he has his contact info.

#8 1 year ago

Isn't 245.00 a little high for the translite?

1 month later
#9 1 year ago

I bought a Bally Expressway glass from him awhile back and I thought it looked great. I had the original backglass and it was in pretty good shape and thought Gary’s version compared nicely when placed side by side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 21.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 60.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 244.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside