(Topic ID: 236588)

Garbage garage total arcade DIY conversion eXtreme!!!

By radium

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190616-140711_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    i-sure-miss-you-a-lot-teddy-bear-looking-from-window-082f0 (resized).jpg
    Nope fire (resized).jpg
    don (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190221_080915 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190221_080857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7796 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7797 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7802 (resized).JPG
    E35ED9AA-8BCD-4D25-B475-8A8C84A2E105 (resized).jpeg
    house-on-fire (resized).jpg
    IMG_7789 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7784 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7780 - Copy (resized).JPG
    IMG_7778 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7771 (resized).JPG

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Thick skin when dealing with others who are bringing attention to potential code and construction issues? What a take my ball and go home attitude...You're posting in a public forum what are you expecting, just pats on the back? Nothing that was said was particularly out of line so take the comments into consideration and move on.
    While this topic is apparently is dead, I look forward to the "Help my garage collapsed and crushed my pin collection" follow up thread

So I guess it would be safe to say that you don't subscribe to the old saying " If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" So since you are an expert on code enforcement for state of LA, why don't don't you provide a list code violations that he has in these couple of pics that he posted!

#52 5 years ago

I'd like to see the odds on this thread becoming the most recockulus thing on Pinside. Amazing!

#53 5 years ago

TheLaw Good threads gone bad

#54 5 years ago

Thick skin when dealing with others who are bringing attention to potential code and construction issues? What a take my ball and go home attitude...You're posting in a public forum what are you expecting, just pats on the back? Nothing that was said was particularly out of line so take the comments into consideration and move on.
    While this topic is apparently is dead, I look forward to the "Help my garage collapsed and crushed my pin collection" follow up thread.

"Look forward to"? Isn't that nice.

#55 5 years ago

A lot of u people just love to piss on other people’s parade.
    Just saying...

#56 5 years ago

While this topic is apparently is dead, I look forward to the "Help my garage collapsed and crushed my pin collection" follow up thread.

I love how you can tell the structural integrity of this building by a few pictures. Good on you.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rabbit:

A lot of u people just love to piss on other people’s parade.
    Just saying...

I think there is a term for that Trolls!

#58 5 years ago
    don (resized).jpgdon (resized).jpg
    #59 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Bunch of thin-skinned pansies. I never said he did anything wrong. I said the building looked like it was likely poorly built and suggested a tear down may have been a viable option. I then pointed out what the pics showed as shortcuts. I never said a thing about the ops rebuild. But, of course, your ability to actually read what I posted is lacking. Go back and read my posts again... not a single word about the ops work. Dumbass.

To be fair we never saw any pics of the ops work, just some deconstruction pics. He likely figured all the early negativity regarding using the existing structure would just carry over into criticism regarding the methods used to rebuild it, and he would probably have been right. I wouldn't want to hear "you did this and that wrong, that is not up to code, blah blah the f@$%k blah". That criticism could be very useful if he was posting build pics all along, the information could be used to alter the plan and/or make decisions on how to proceed. However he stated this project started in 2015 and he took a bunch of pics. He wasn't asking for help, just offering to share the journey of his cool game room project. Most of us seeing the thread title clicked it thinking "cool, let's see some cool build pics". I for one was looking forward to seeing the progress and how it came out. I hope the op considers posting the finished project pics in the 'show us your game room pics' thread.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

TI wouldn't want to hear "you did this and that wrong, that is not up to code, blah blah the f@$%k blah".

Jesus, I hope he never posts that he's used Novus 2 on a machine and gets 20 jerkwads informing pinside it is an abrasive!

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

20 jerkwads informing pinside it is an abrasive

WHAAAAAAT? It's an abrasive!

#62 5 years ago

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I love how you can tell the structural integrity of this building by a few pictures. Good on you.

Building codes change from state to state and county to county depending on what year standard that particular county and or state adopts. So even guys that know the codes for the most part don't know what version of the building code that county in that state is using. Heck even here in Colorado construction codes are very different in the Mountains than down on the plain (Denver) because the soil is totally different in each place. Mountains (Decomposed Granite)
    Plains (Bentonite or clay based soils "can be very expansive")

#64 5 years ago

Darn I thought maybe he had a change of heart and posted the next set of pics...

#65 5 years ago

Yeah I really wanted to find out what the “worse things” that he found later were. And what secrets were to be revealed in the Weird Room.
    I thought the guy was doing a good job of telling the story and keeping it interesting.
    A curse on you thread-killers and your unsolicited advice.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yeah I really wanted to find out what the “worse things” that he found later were. And what secrets were to be revealed in the Weird Room.
    I thought the guy was doing a good job of telling the story and keeping it interesting.
    A curse on you thread-killers and your unsolicited advice.

I think the word is KillJoy ......

#67 5 years ago

Awwww. I really wanted to see the progress and finished work Too bad people cant just enjoy threads without posting negative comments.

#68 5 years ago

Death, Taxes, and unsolicited advice.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Someone order spiders? Just wait, it gets worse.
    [quoted image]

Nope fire (resized).jpgNope fire (resized).jpg
    #70 5 years ago

I was looking forward to seeing that sexy Future Spa backglass in your arcade!!

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

WHAAAAAAT? It's an abrasive!

It's on the back label.

#72 5 years ago

Sorry should have added a sarcastic face

#73 5 years ago

I suspected that, I just wasn't sure.

#74 5 years ago

Wow, hes really not coming back?

#75 5 years ago

That’s what I was thinking. I will give him a couple more days and then stop following!

#76 5 years ago

Perhaps he's gone because the "DIY conversion eXtreme" never happened. <shrug>

#77 5 years ago

Or maybe he has a life beyond Pinside....
    Hmmmm. Nah!

#78 5 years ago

i wanted to see more spiders!!! every one post biggest spider you have seen!!

(spider hidding in cab power switch hole gives me nightmares!!!!)

#79 5 years ago

The biggest spider worry down there is a little tiny recluse spider with a fiddle on it's back! Nasty critters!

#80 5 years ago

To the O.P. @radium. Look, a lot of us appreciated your sharing the pictures to transform that wreck into a nice game room. I honestly think you may have jumped the gun here by assuming a few were trying to nit pick and put your work down. Some of these guys are professional carpenters/builders and can pick out issues just as we can all pick out flaws on that machine someone says is HUO. It's the nature of those who do it for a living. How many times has someone said you should scrap some machine for parts because it's a rat's nest p.o.s. and yet someone turns aroung a makes it a playable, nice machine. I think if you take the comments in that context you will see no one meant anything derogitory towards your work and effort.

Hey man, reconsider and pick up where you left off. I am sure you will see we are 95% plus on those who were enjoying your efforts.

#81 5 years ago

Quit begging the crybaby already. I mean, let's be real, the guy (starting to think it may actually be a female) way over reacted.

#82 5 years ago

Some people just cant help themselves, apparently.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

Quit begging the crybaby already. I mean, let's be real, the guy (starting to think it may actually be a female) way over reacted.

Please tell me you are trying reverse psychology.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

Quit begging the crybaby

It's this kind of shit that ruins it for all of those who want these kinds of threads. I don't blame the guy if he just bails on this. These troll ass attitudes on here are uncalled for.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from DexterH:

First rule of pin side: be nice!

#86 5 years ago

Come back...

i-sure-miss-you-a-lot-teddy-bear-looking-from-window-082f0 (resized).jpgi-sure-miss-you-a-lot-teddy-bear-looking-from-window-082f0 (resized).jpg
    #87 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Come back...
    [quoted image]

If this doesn't work nothing will!

#88 5 years ago

Dude that's awesome! Made my day

#89 5 years ago

::::staying tuned::::

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

If this doesn't work nothing will!

Syco54645 dude!!!!! I freaking love that song... still smiling!!

#91 5 years ago

radium those naysayers are all gone, nothin' but love left in the room...

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

radium those naysayers are all gone, nothin' but love left in the room...

the song didn't work. it may be time to move on...

3 months later
    #93 4 years ago

Bump. Hoping you might reconsider showing us more of the project process and the final product. Love to see it.

#94 4 years ago

yes hellooooo

#95 4 years ago

Love to see some pics man. Hope your arcade is rocking.

#96 4 years ago

Aww and here I thought the project continued with more pictures

#97 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20190616-140711_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190616-140711_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #98 4 years ago

Would love an update @radium

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/garbage-garage-total-arcade-diy-conversion-extreme/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.