2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

all-points-26-1780-brass-hood-burner-orifice-56-natural-gas-liquid-propane-3-8-27-thread-1-2 (resized).jpg
    6350001_P_LS (resized).jpg
    hq1500-01-l (resized).jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Even with the global warming, it's starting to get cold in the Northern Hem, so one of these (or 2 for a big garage) might be just the ticket to extend your workshop months

http://www.air-n-water.com/products/pro-fusion-heat-hq1500.htm

Enter code (by hand, cut & paste does not seem to work on phone): SLICKPFH​

hq1500-01-l (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I bet that's more efficient than the antique I use to heat the garage when it gets cold. That darn thing trips the breaker sometimes.

#3 2 years ago

How big of a garage will that be effective in?

#4 2 years ago

Depends where you live. How much temperature you are trying to overcome. Insulated garage? Leaky windows, garage door?

Heating a home in the warmest climates in the states figure 30-35 BTU/square foot, coldest climates 50-60 BTU/square foot.

So a basic 2 car garage(24'x24') In Minnesota would need 10kw, in Texas 6kw. This is making it comfortable to be in, not just taking the edge off.

Mike

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

How big of a garage will that be effective in?

Just like your home furnace, the required BTU depends on the amount heat difference needed, the amount of insulation, the amount of window loss (and gain from south facing windows)

#6 2 years ago

Ordered! Thanks for the code.
    It just started snowing here in CO.

#7 2 years ago

I ordered one also. Thanks for the post Vid!

#8 2 years ago

Just ordered two. Gracias.

#9 2 years ago

Finally got in on one of the great deals Vid always posts. Ordered 2 thanks for the heads up

#11 2 years ago

3 w/shipping for under $85... Done.

#12 2 years ago

So for a 3 car 1200 sq ft garage in MN I would need 13 of these?going by BTU, or 7 of these going by Watts? Going to stick with my kerosene torpedo heater then.

#13 2 years ago

I ordered one to keep the Playfield Glass warm

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from foxtj24:

So for a 3 car 1200 sq ft garage in MN I would need 13 of these?going by BTU, or 7 of these going by Watts? Going to stick with my kerosene torpedo heater then.

Or move south.... just say'in.

But then, that would be further away from SS Billiards...

#15 2 years ago

Just ordered two of them. Thanks!

#16 2 years ago

I grabbed two as well - thanks!

#17 2 years ago

I was going to get on but the price said 49.99, not 28

#18 2 years ago

You have to put the code in to apply the discount.

#19 2 years ago

Just ordered one. The coupon code didn't work when entered as all caps like Vid listed. It did work for lower case though. slickpfh

#20 2 years ago

Mine arrived today. I'll be testing it out tonight, as it's cold in MI now.

#21 2 years ago

I got the coupon to work in all caps, but I had to enter it by typing each character. Cut & Paste would not let the coupon work.

But, as long as everyone can somehow figure it out, it's a nice deal.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

I ordered one to keep the Playfield Glass warm

It might be easier to go back to incandescent lamps in the GI.

#23 2 years ago

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered 2.

#24 2 years ago

Never received shipping notification, but they were very quick and I got them in the mail today.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Never received shipping notification, but they were very quick and I got them in the mail today.

Hopefully I'll have a surprise when I get home as I never got a shipping notification either and it looks like we ordered the same day.

#26 2 years ago

Damn it. I ordered one soon as the thread posted and got a email saying it was delivered and if not contact them in 2 days but no tracking number at all. That was 2 days ago.

#27 2 years ago

Just picked one up. Thanks for the info!

#28 2 years ago

i keep getting invalid code...

#29 2 years ago

I have a ground model similar to one of these. would take about 5-6 to heat a garage on a st louis winter day.

#30 2 years ago

Ordered one, no mention of shipping or tracking number whatsoever

#31 2 years ago

My two arrived yesterday and I installed them both. Sure they won't heat up the whole garage during the winter but it'll help take the chill out when I need to get something done. Thanks Vid!

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

i keep getting invalid code...

Type it in. All lower case worked for me.

#33 2 years ago

Just tried it and not working for me at all. Can anyone else verify? I could really use a couple of these!

#34 2 years ago

I just tried. It doesn't respond to that code now for me.

#36 2 years ago

I recieved my order yesterday, as many have stated without any notification of shipping. I just want to give you guys an idea of how they perform. I have an un-insulated 400sf garage and I installed 2 heaters on the ceiling about 12 feet apart. The outside temperature was 28 F and I let the heaters run for 2 hours. The garage temp went from 50 F to 55 F in a corner about 8ft from one heater and 15ft away from the other. This is about what I expected after running the numbers, I just wanted to give some of you an idea what to expect. I will be adding insulation to the garage door this winter to see if that helps. They are nice little heaters and if you are directly under them, they give off decent heat.

#37 2 years ago

I'm hoping most of you understand at 12.5 amps on high, you may not have a circuit in your garage large enough to run one of these heaters, let alone two.

#38 2 years ago

I think I’m good, my house was built in 1920 so I just cut off the ground prong on the cord and covered the fuse with aluminum foil.

#39 2 years ago

Just received both of mine yesterday. It's 25 degrees this morning and am in the garage working on golf carts. It's keeping an 8-10' area nice and easy to work within.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm hoping most of you understand at 12.5 amps on high, you may not have a circuit in your garage large enough to run one of these heaters, let alone two.

I was a little concerned about this myself, but thought I would try it out anyways. I believe I only have a 20 amp breaker for my garage so I assumed I would trip it once tested. Plugged both heaters in with freezer running, kegerator on, TV on, and garage door opener running and all was well. I have tripped the breaker trying to run a larger electric heater before.

Edit: I'm not sure if my garage door opener is on a separate circuit or not. I do have one heater plugged into my ceiling outlet with my garage door and the other in an outlet on the wall. This is probably why it works for me.

#41 2 years ago

Any idea what this will do to my electric bill?

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Lower it.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Everyone, please use these often. My various electric utility stocks & dividends thank you......
    I'll continue using my 150,000 BTU kerosene heater in my garage.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Let's say your power company charges you .10/KWH. On the 1500W setting, it will cost you .15/hour. Doesn't sound like much until you add it all up in a month.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Let's say your power company charges you .10/KWH. On the 1500W setting, it will cost you .15/hour. Doesn't sound like much until you add it all up in a month.

so roughly $30 - $40 per month at 8 hours per day, 25 days for the month. Thank you! I just wanted a rough idea of what to expect.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

so roughly $30 - $40 per month at 8 hours per day, 25 days for the month. Thank you! I just wanted a rough idea of what to expect.

Per heater.

You may want to look at a different option if you are using it that much.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Per heater.
    You may want to look at a different option if you are using it that much.

It's just temporary. I'm in the process of insulating my maintenance building, and until I'm done with it, this is just a temporary heating solution. I was poking around on the site where I purchased this, and it looks like they have some units that run on propane that are designed to cover a little bigger area. Then I'm going to take these over to my storage unit and use them there.

But you are correct. Two heaters being used that much would get expensive real fast.

#49 2 years ago

If you need to heat the garage constantly through the winter, you should spend $399 on a Natural Gas hanging furnace.

They come with a metal side wall vent, and take about two hours to install.

Insulate your walls, ceiling, garage door (it's probably made of metal) make some styrofoam covers for the windows (that are probably single pane).

Pop the covers off the windows while you work, put them back when you are done.

6350001_P_LS (resized).jpg

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you need to heat the garage constantly through the winter, you should spend $399 on a Natural Gas hanging furnace.
    They come with a metal side wall vent, and take about two hours to install.
    Insulate your walls, ceiling, garage door (it's probably made of metal) make some styrofoam covers for the windows (that are probably single pane).
    Pop the covers off the windows while you work, put them back when you are done.

So is there something similar that would run on propane? My golf course is out in the hicks and we don't have any access to natural gas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 139.00
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 8.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside