1.jpg
#2 9 years ago

There can be only one!

2.jpg2.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Last pic of the sword trophy!

3.jpg3.jpg

#4 9 years ago

Come to the tournament! The games are set up with the PAPA A bank in mind. You will be challenged by the games no matter what your skill level. You will be challenged by the level of play, there are many top 200 players in Austin. You will be filmed so you can watch your terrible performance again and again! Did I mention you can win a fricken sword?!

#5 9 years ago

and here I was expecting to see a 4 player arcade for sale in someones garage.

#6 9 years ago

Winning the sword won't be easy. The competition will be tough and the games will be tougher! One more pic coming soon

#7 9 years ago

Looks like fun. Not sure if I'll be able to make this one but if the scheduling with the family works out I'll try to come. Was nice meeting you Monday as well. Don't think we ever talked pinside usernames but my name is Brad.

#8 9 years ago

Hey Brad! At least come see how my BSD plays compared to the one at Buffalo Billiards

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and here I was expecting to see a 4 player arcade for sale in someones garage.

I thought is was Gauntlet 2 also. Thats the only thought that made me click on this. lol

#10 9 years ago

This looks fun as hell. Now I have to do something like this at my house. More fun when there is something on the line.

#11 9 years ago

I'm in, have made all the arrangements.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I thought is was Gauntlet 2 also. Thats the only thought that made me click on this. lol

Added tournament to the title to avoid further disappointment I do have gauntlet on my MAME arcade though!

#13 9 years ago

Still highly unlikely I can be there, wish I could though.

-Brandon

#14 9 years ago

P3 playing on Saturday and Garage Gauntlet II on Sunday?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-llgg-play-testing-session-sat-1213-1pm-5pm

I specifically chose Saturday to not coincide with this event. I hope you all have a blast!

- Gerry

http://www.multimorphic.com

#15 9 years ago

I wish I could make it down there saturday and spend the night lol.

#16 9 years ago

p3 party? Wish I lived down there. Only for this event. otherwise it's too damn hot to live there. Plus no basements

#17 9 years ago

I want to move to TX. Trying to convince the wife. Hate it here in scumbag NJ.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I want to move to TX. Trying to convince the wife. Hate it here in scumbag NJ.

As far as pinball goes better pick Austin or Houston if you actually like playing with other people. If you like being a social recluse, Dallas apparently is the place to be.

#19 9 years ago

310631.gif310631.gif
recluse - not by choice necessarily, but by financial means and time.

#20 9 years ago

Last pic of the sword trophy is up! Its time for someone to come pry it from my cold dead hands inside the Garage Gauntlet II!!!!!

#21 9 years ago

Tomorrow we dine in hell!!! Who will take the sword trophy home?!

#22 9 years ago

What part of Austin ?

#23 9 years ago

I might have to steal your sword trophy idea for my next Critical Hit Tournament. So cool, wish I was in Texas this weekend!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I might have to steal your sword trophy idea for my next Critical Hit Tournament. So cool, wish I was in Texas this weekend!

Key word is "idea", because you'll have to pry this out of my cold, dead hands.

Quoted from labnip:

What part of Austin ?

Was Round Rock area.....you seriously missed an awesome tournament if you would've been able to make it out and didn't. I think there was almost double if not more than last year. Lots of upsets, crazy hard games left right and center (Never seen a Shadow brutalize so many people in such a short time...I don't think anyone even cleared 1 billion on it at all. BSD was really mean and Mars Trek....is Mars Trek. Massive outlanes.)

One of our other pinsiders got in as last seed and played through...um...what, I think it was 6 rounds before being eliminated in the round right before the finals, and it was basically a difference of around 25 million on Shadow that knocked him out?

All in all awesome. Was probably the toughest overall level of competiton Texas is likely to see through the end of the year as far as IFPA tournaments go. I know mine this coming weekend probably won't have huge turnout like this did.

Oh, and I want to point out the sword and scabbard are both metal... I don't know exactly how much fabrication was done on this thing or how much was modification of something else, but it's FREAKING AWESOME. I gotta find someplace to put it that my kids won't whack each other... I need one of those sword stands for the wall lol.

IMG_156189789081996.jpegIMG_156189789081996.jpeg

#25 9 years ago

Congrats, Frax!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/garage-gauntlet-ii-1214-austin-tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.