4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0504 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Hello, newbie to the pinball world here. I have a Road Kings and am having trouble with the right lane. When the ball comes down the lane to the flipper, there is a bit of a gap that makes the ball bounce out away from the flipper, it's not a smooth roll right to the flipper. The pic attached is the other side that doesn't do this problem, the side that does this problem has a bit more space between the flipper and the lane piece (apologize, I don't know what that piece is called), which keeps causing this problem.
    it seems that the position of the flipper and the lane are pretty 'stuck' in place to me, are there any ways to close this 'gap' so the ball travels smoothly down the lane to the flipper without bouncing back up the playfield??

Any help is appreciated, you guys at Pinside have been a tremendous help already for a beginner like myself

Thanks

IMG_0504 (resized).jpgIMG_0504 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

You can adjust your flippers angle so the ball will roll smoother on it.

#3 4 years ago

On the right side this is sort of a design flaw on road kings. The holes just aren't aligned well on every one I've seen. I'd recommend you get some cliffy enhanced flipper guides, which reach around farther. Then, get some 1/2" spacers from the hardware store, and use those instead of the snap in spacers that are probably in it now. That will give you a bit more play in the holes so you can fine tune the positioning of the guide.

#4 4 years ago

Thankyou for that suggestion, looks like that's the fix!

#6 4 years ago

Had the same problem with Rollergames, Cliffy's extended guides fixed it right up. I think most System 11 games have this problem.

#7 4 years ago

THAKYOU EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED!

#8 4 years ago

Previous suggestions are right on. Also sometimes using the slightly thinner model of Titan flipper rubbers helps when your current rubbers cause the ball to hop because they are higher than the guide.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gap-between-lane-and-flipper-causing-ball-not-to-travel-smooth- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.