Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vectorgamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

No idea how well-attended the Gala was but there hasn't been any mention of it on their FB.

I guess nobody from Pinside went either? That was the day of our local Deadpool launch party anyway...

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

There must be something in the water around these parts. Lancaster, PA has 3 different retro arcades in various states of "we are going to open at some point!" right now.

I thought Timeline Arcade was supposed to open over the summer?

And then there was Arcade Lancaster that only lasted a few months.

Are those the ones you're referring to?

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Timeline Arcade Lancaster seems to be some kind of running joke.

Well I'm not impressed anyway. I was at the York location about a month ago and he had the same machines there from my last visit about a year and a half prior. He still insists on having those overhead lights above the pins which causes an awful glare. The only pin in the lineup that was in decent condition was Ghostbusters although he never fixed the problem of the ball ejaculating out of the scoop SDTM.

2 months later
    #53 5 years ago

Who's going to go out to this place when it opens up and report back with an honest review? Also pics would be helpful.

2 months later
    #67 5 years ago

Alright this place is supposed to open next month, but I haven't seen an exact date. Who's going to go out there and report back on this place when it opens?

3 weeks later
    #74 5 years ago

Cross-posting from Facebook (tl;dr: they ain't opening in March)

Due to issues fully outside of our control (renovation delays - we are not controlling, funding, pioneering, or involved in the renovation to the building we are renting whatsoever), Gameseum's opening must be delayed until April 2019. We've been fully approved to operate in the Borough of Ephrata for a few months now and everything else is in place to operate - no worries, 99.9% there! These past few months have been a waiting game for us. Unfortunately these other types of delays are obviously fully outside of our control.

We were promised a very official move-in date of March 1st in our contract and reassured of this date, hence the very reasonable heavy advertisement and hyping of the month on our end, with an exact date planned to follow shortly, however unfortunately these terms were unexpectedly and surprisingly not met, which we were only told days ago. With over 50,000 people seeing this date via our recent video and "all systems go" on our end, we are incredibly disappointed in the turn of events.

We understand and hear how important a timely opening of Gameseum is to you, and we want to let you know that we not only understand, but also share with you in any disappointment and frustration, especially those who were planning March birthday parties. We hope these issues fully outside of our control will not affect your opinion of our business, we always do our best to keep you in the loop, be timely, and be attentive in anything we do as well... but unfortunately this one is out of our hands fully. Our customers are our #1 priority and we are as excited for us to open as you are!

Additionally, we HAVE heard your many voiced comments for an exact opening date to be announced well in advance (which was always planned, which was also unfortunately delayed by the inability to move in whatsoever.) We will plan an exact date to announce as soon as we can (before we get too close to April) as long as the situation allows, which as stated we've always wanted to do anyways. We understand this is important for both us and you... so keep an eye on our page for exact dates of when our soft opening & grand opening bash is! Exact date is a DEFINITE huge priority for us and we're so bummed we couldn't announce one months in advance like we had originally planned before people even started asking - trust us, we're thinking on the same wavelength as you! We're so disappointed in these delays!

Gameseum, LLC

1 week later
    #102 5 years ago

Just noticed the poll added to this thread...can a second poll be added as to how long they'll be open if they even have an opening?

$1 per play? That's nuts...

#112 5 years ago

If you want a good laugh, search for "Rusty Quarters" on KLOV - threads of gold.

Gameseum starting to sound like Rusty Quarters 2.0

3 weeks later
    #120 5 years ago

He's now posting on Facebook that the opening will be spring, not April.

3 weeks later
    #131 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

"They" announced that they will announce the opening date soon.

Yeah pretty lame. "Tune in at 2 PM for an announcement" they said and there was nothing to announce.

GayMuseum (resized).jpgGayMuseum (resized).jpgdominos (resized).jpgdominos (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #135 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Half way through May.
    No news..........

I suspect there will be an announcement coming soon of an announcement coming soon.

3 weeks later
    #153 4 years ago

Another announcement coming Saturday morning at 8 AM on Facebook.

1 week later
    #188 4 years ago

He's going to have to pay someone to help him, with those hours.

Maybe he has someone already lined up.

Is anyone going for the opening weekend? Looking forward to reviews.

1 week later
    #273 4 years ago

Saw pictures on Facebook...wow...the place is...very...WHITE.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Just found the post about the flippers.
    Yikes...

Can someone screenshot?

#359 4 years ago

Just saw on Facebook that he's closing all day Monday. Here we go.

#387 4 years ago

This guy only opened a little over a week ago and it's already starting to look like Rusty Quarters all over again. That guy used to close his arcade to go across the street to watch a movie. Search KLOV if you're unaware.

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Can somebody please confirm if there's a Williams Darling or Jubilee set up there?

Wouldn't that require someone from Pinside actually going onsite? Doesn't seem like there's a rush for any Pinsiders to get there...

#460 4 years ago

At this point there should be some kind of prize for the first pinsider to go to the Gameseum and report back.

#467 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

The owner was pretty much just sitting around doing nothing, and I thought "shouldn't he be using his time restoring all of these machines?!".

Or at the very least adding credits to the machines.

#470 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing!

What about the layout of the games? Judging by the pics I've seen on Facebook it looks pretty bad.

#499 4 years ago

Found this review on the Facebook page:

"I so wanted to love gameseum. Concept, building and location are perfect. Good news - the video games that are working are really cool originals that will bring back memories for many. Space invaders, galaxy, Mario brothers, track and field and many more - if you like these you may like the place more than I do. I wanted pinball and that is the bad news with more than 50% of them broken. Even the ones that were working are rough with weak flippers and broken mechanics. In fact the only game in good shape was F-14...if all of the games played like that one I would be back."

#512 4 years ago

does this make any sense to anybody out there?
    The second paragraph, especially.

To me it's saying "our pinball machines are in horrible condition but have you checked out Galaga?" In response to a guy who said he was there for the pinball.

#519 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

Not sure paying 25 cents a game in 2019 is a. reasonable expectation. Im still going Saturday.

It's not. But there's a place called Village Arcade where you can play EMs for 2 or 3 games per quarter. Love that place.

#550 4 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

True. However, Pinball Gallery will allow you to come in and play ONLY the new/charity games and you can skip paying the hourly admission.

That's great if you're local. Not so much if you travel over an hour to visit for the day.

#580 4 years ago
    Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Found this video of a walkthrough:

OMG 45 seconds in to this video I'm calling his bullshit. My mall arcade had over 100 machines BITD. This was well before this guy was born. And today we have Galloping Ghost, Funspot and Pinball PA to name a few. He's flat out lying to get people to think that Gameseum is "the place" to play arcade games as if they can't be played anywhere else.

#584 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I'll be working in Ephrata tomorrow and will stop by the Gameseum
    I will report back what I see

Hitting F5 on this thread waiting for this...

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

You're probably right. Feeling hypomanic today.

#602 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Gee that’s F’d up . What's Next ? Here’s a pinball where the score reels don’t turn just grab a GayMuseum pad & pencil . SMFH

You could probably ask to borrow the abacus when he's not busy crediting up machines.

#647 4 years ago

So what was grand about his opening on Saturday? I didn't see anything posted leading up to it except for the unveiling of the console gaming folding table and chairs.

#656 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ya mean the very bestest a-double plus grander opening? Kid talks like a new chinese restaurant.

I guess why wasn't there a special $10 all day play or special visit from Kinko the Clown or an arcade/pinball tournament? From what I see the grand opening of July 20 came and went without any fanfare...

#688 4 years ago

I could only watch like 7 seconds of his latest video before I started to cringe...

This is my favorite thread on Pinside right now. I practically jump out of my office chair every time I see new posts.

#717 4 years ago

The problem with not having his machines on coin drop is he doesn't have enough machines to support the hourly rate. I would be ticked off if I showed up and the majority of my $10 for the hour is spent waiting on machines to be freed up. How many working pinball machines does he have currently on the floor?

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You're not that far from Ephrata, check it out and report back...

2 hours round trip.

#782 4 years ago

I saw this post last night. He deleted my response stating that I've been playing arcade and pinball on location long before he ever opened.

FuckingBullshit (resized).pngFuckingBullshit (resized).png
    #798 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

My wife works in New Holland and she and some of her co-workers go to Shooter's Crossing after work

I used to work at the cream cheese factory back in the 90s. I'm guessing that's the same place I used to go to after work only back then I think it was called RR Trax.

Also Pinball PA has a whole bunch of arcade games I've never seen anywhere else in this day. I pooped my pants when I saw a working Tazz-Mania. Love that game.

#799 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Wow! How far away is Pinball Pa from jackass's place?

Pinball PA is on the western side of the state.

#804 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Only drawback, only open on Sat & Sun.

And no air conditioning

#806 4 years ago

And I got banned from his Facebook page. Was gonna ask if he has Donkey Kong. Cuz ever classic arcade has that, right?

#829 4 years ago

Where's the 100+ games like mentioned in the first post?

#936 4 years ago

I like "Fuck Pinball Play Galaga"

#1023 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is there an exact science to how many customers can sit around one folding table of consoles?

As much as I dislike Timeline Arcade, the console gaming area is something he got right with couches/chairs and plenty of room. If memory serves the Hanover location has an old floor model CRT TV with an old cushioned chair to play Atari 2600.

#1042 4 years ago

I'm wondering what his plan is - are the hours going to change so he can take a day off or is he going to hire someone so he can stay open 7 days a week? Does he adjust the schedule once school opens? Working 7 days a week isn't sustainable especially for someone that claimed they couldn't work in the first place. With the $30K he earned in his first month, he can afford to hire someone.

#1045 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Breaking news for those that like modern pins... Round1 Bowling/Arcade is coming to the vacated Sears space at Park City Center in Lancaster. They typically have up to 8 new Stern machines at each location...so Lancaster will finally have a place to play more than one modern pin in a single location! Sweatpants optional.

I spent a lot of time as a kid playing the Atari 2600 at that Sears. When this place opens and I go it'll be a trip seeing another establishment there.

Any another details on this?

#1055 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How many of those 1,800 people will actually return?

I'm sure he got the curiosity seekers and some that wanted their nostalgia fix.

I don't have any classic arcades in my area. If there was one, what would make me a repeat customer is
    #1 the machines have to be in good working order
    #2 the machines on the floor rotated fairly often so the lineup isn't the same old for months on end
    #3 give me something rare or something that is difficult to emulate at home (for example Environmental Discs Of Tron or an old b/w arcade game from the 70s)
    #4 good food and beer helps

I think Steven could stand to make a trip out to Pinball Gallery and take some notes.

#1070 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

$7 for a half hour? Hell I can play well over a half hour on one quarter on asteroids.
    I know some around here can play the newer pins well over a half hour on one credit. So $1 somewhere else or $7?

At the local bar I play at it's $1 per play for pinball. On non-league nights I won't spend more than $5 on pinball for the night. Usually I'm there just to drink beer and socialize. Last night I spent $4 on pinball although I was only there for maybe 1-1/2 hours. Got a few replays and matches.

1 week later
    #1196 4 years ago

He posted this pic yesterday. He could probably get a lot more games in if he moved/got rid of that poverty console gaming table.

Gameseum (resized).jpgGameseum (resized).jpg
    #1224 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Maybe... but how many visitors will return again after their 1st visit or become regular customers if the machines don’t change and no new machines are added?
    And by adding new machines I mean machines released in the last 1-5 years not Earthshaker which was released in 1989.
    It doesn’t matter how many old games or A++ classic video games are added to the row. Unless that is Playing galaga on the original machine becomes the latest craze with customers lined up deep like in the old days when real arcades would add 3-5 of the same new machine just so customers didn’t have to wait to play.
    As much as I wish, those days are gone forever!

I don't totally agree with that. But what would get me to be a returning customer might be different than others.

If an arcade wants me to visit their place they got to have some rare titles or games that are hard to emulate along with the popular titles (Galaga, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong etc). I can stay at home and play Galaga and I'm not missing much by not playing the cabinet. Funspot has some video games like a Space Encounters mini, Tunnel Hunt, Death Race and SubRoc where you really need to play the cabinet to get the best experience. I don't see any video games in the current Gameseum lineup that makes me want to visit.

As far as pinball, I enjoy playing EMs and early solid states as much as the modern pins. I don't have a problem with the Gameseum lineup being EM heavy as I've ventured out to Village Arcade on occasion (although, I've always made a stop at Pincrossing as well to grab lunch and play some more pinball as it's only 10 miles away) which has only EMs. I can't justify making a trip to Gameseum as he doesn't have near enough pins. He would have to triple the amount of pins he has on location to make a trip worthwhile assuming that most of them are in working order.

And then after all that, Gameseum would have to shuffle up their lineup to get me as a returning customer. I stopped going to Timeline Arcade because every time I was there (about a year between visits) they had the same old games.

Finally there's the price issue. $7 for a half hour or $10 an hour is not a bargain. $25 for all day play is not an option because he doesn't have a lineup that would get me to stay for more than an hour.

1 week later
    #1239 4 years ago

It's been awfully quiet this week. Ephrata goes back to school next Wednesday I wonder if he's going to change his hours?

#1259 4 years ago

Decades looks pretty cool - located in downtown Lancaster
    https://www.decadeslancaster.com/

2 weeks later
    #1294 4 years ago

Just visited his FB page. He posted about how good the crowd was last Friday night and in the picture I counted 6 people.

#1296 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

His hours any different now that school started? Can't imagine much happening during the daytime.

According to FB he's open now so it doesn't look like it changed. What he should do is offer a lunch time special from like 12-2. Pinball Gallery charges $5 per hour from 11:30-1:30 weekdays.

1 week later
    #1300 4 years ago

He's building quite the collection. Pretty soon he's going to run out of room at that location.

1 month later
    #1330 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Just make sure you leave at the stroke of the hour when your wristband expires!!!![quoted image]

Pic of kids at the Gameseum party room bored because all the games are broken. I guess someone didn't tell them they could play skeeball - just use an abacus to keep score.

#1341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

And unless you stop claiming that you are the only tiny arcade in the world

That's what got me banned from his Facebook page: my response to him saying something to the effect that you couldn't play pinball anywhere.

8 months later
    #2373 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm baaaaack (thought this out well and typed it up over the 3 days of hilarious vacation, so this isn't a knee-jerk reaction by any means)... aaaaaand I'm leaving forever. Lol. But really, I'm doing my final acount deactivation (if you deactivate your Pinside account 3 times it permanently locks it, the other times just cause delays in being able to re-activate) and both permanently leaving and locking my account as such - I never planned for this stay to be long anyways, intended for the last hurrah to really be the last one,
    but didn't expect to have this extra account activation left - thought I was done - so decided to use it for a little more fun & explanation before I do number tres in due time, which I am doing now. Hooray!
    I plan to reimburse Boob, my last remaining debt, by the end of the year silently, as a part of my original plan, between us two guys. That was a genuine mistake, not related to Pinside, and I'm happy to own
    up to it. I think we all know it was obviously and completely just a very human mistake caused by being a little too light for the machinery, but we all know it should be paid forward nonetheless. Totally agree,
    and will do so ASAP, and have planned to do so as soon as I heard in October of 2019.
    I want to do it as I originally intended anyways - it's not about me doing it under the pressure, it's not about me doing it to wave around and redeem myself,
    I just want to do it to pay back a debt to a nice guy I owe something to, and that's that. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, it's genuine, and I'm just trying to financially get there...
    I've been planning to for some time, before this hub-bub even popped up again. It's just a terrible time right now for anybody, but it will happen. I'm sure this thread will go through
    several phases of "He's disappeared, Boob's never seeing a new handtruck", so on and so forth, but I certainly plan on popping up and getting it done, unrelated to Pinside.
    The best advice I've ever received from anybody, and continue to receive, was to ignore all of this and just be quiet and it will pass by.
    That's the golden advice, and that's what I'm stupid for not listening to over the years. All of the advice here is trash, was trash, and was a tailored on incorrect assumptions -
    mainly people talking big about things they understand little themselves, towards a person they've taken little effort to understand. I mean, it's not like I've met any of you
    in person, giving any of you an inkling of my true colors, nor do I even know the names of most of you. How do you judge a person like that, and recommend real life fixes? It's like diagnosing a car without
    even sitting in it... and without being a mechanic. Had you any real insight, you'd recognize the atmosphere here and the circumstances of the atmosphere here, would do this to anybody.
    It's just a mess, and we all do and say stupid things we don't necessarily mean, and I'm sorry that I mispresented myself here for several years, but at least it was rather minor, and nobody
    got even close to hurt by it - it's just some drama that we can all forget about.
    The truth is, I'm nothing like I've conducted myself here. Ever. That's my fault for representing myself in the way I did, and that's my biggest mistake.
    I've misrepresented myself here as part of a guard I put up as a young teenager with a naive start, to deal with the fiery nature here
    and quick unrelenting criticism this website is widely known for. Turns out once you do that and start barking the bark, you can't exactly backpedal that, and rinse and repeat, the
    hole was dug deeper, so it's turned me into a completely unrecognizable version of myself here dating back as far as when I joined the site 4 years ago. I'm not blind to it, and I've sat back
    myself many-a-time and asked myself what I hell I'm doing, why nothing I'm writing sounds like me, or if I really wanted to publish particular posts, because it's completely and utterly unlike me.
    I let myself stoop too low, tried to match the room and those worse here than me, in an attempt to bite back,
    and conducted myself in ways that were not only damaging, but also extremely unnatural to my kind, helpful, sincere, and actually quite quiet and reserved personality, creating
    and extremely poor and off-base representation of my true colors.
    The nice thing about that is it's unique to Pinside, and the circumstance/dumpster fire here itself,
    and I do not have these problems whenever I log off of the site, and never have, even dating back to 2016. Even in this community, it's how I had such a good drama-free time at shows over the years, and generally made a lot of friends
    in pinball and beyond. If it wasn't that way, my life would be completely opposite of what it is - and not full of success, fun, friends, and respect for
    those around me. Believe me, I hate "Otaku" as much as all of you do, and I'm looking forward to just being Steven from now on, taking my permanent leave from Pinside,
    and closing this book is the obvious solution for my life (or anybody's) regardless if you all decide to do the same and stop wasting your time here.
    There is a large amount of toxicity here that many more than myself have identified, and it causes people to act in ways unlike themselves, and unfortunately I am one of the biggest takers
    of the bait over the years... I was one of the youngest users the site has ever seen, if not the youngest, so that's to be expected. People like Mistermoberg have almost carbon-copied the situation, so it's just how it is and certainly isn't unique to me,
    this site doesn't play well with young people, enthusiastic people, or the inexperienced, so I know it's not my fault. Life is not designed for that, a teenager's upbringing is not meant to be prodded, corrected meticulously, and on full display
    on the internet to thousands, and joining this site at such a young age was a mistake - a created a very unfair and unkind situation. Anybody needs room to make mistakes and fix them accordingly, without holier-than-thou remarks, and without commentary. I've learned no good lessons from Pinside, except how cruel and unhelpful some people can be, and to watch what you say,
    and sadly, who you ask for help. In contrast, the best lessons I've learned in life were off of the site, and just happened naturally with age
    and overcoming different obstacles unrelated to Pinside. That's how it should be, how it was for you guys pre-internet, and it's none of your business. Your advice just doesn't work, isn't good enough, and isn't tailored to the situation
    or the true identity of the person to connect or matter. Again, you're recommending very specific things to a person you haven't taken the time to even remotely know or understand, and understand why I have acted certain ways here.
    I'm not ignoring your advice because I'm a "classic millenial", I'm ignoring it because it's baseless, redundant, and not tailored to me. I already know way better, I just haven't honored myself by representing that, and I apologize for that. I know best for myself, as well as my friends who actually know me, and clearly none of you know anything
    regarding my life - and are very clumsy and ironic (pot & kettle) when recommending certain advice.
    My actions and mispresentations have basically created an alter ego here over the years, it's bizarre, and surely a lot of it is my own fault.
    I'm not "Otaku", and I look forward to leaving this all behind. Nobody actually involved in my life, who actually knows me down to the core or even slightly, would identify me with any of this, and neither do I.
    If I were, these issues would plague my life, my business, and my social circle, and they do not. I generally live a drama-free, happy, fun, and respectful life, and like to live my life pretty uneventfully and peacefully as a person.
    I'm not one of those people who want my own MTV show, that's for damn sure. If I were anything like "Otaku", I would be left alone and would be a failure, and surely anybody who knows me would see these signs as soon as, or much quicker than, they appeared
    on Pinside, and left me in the dust. But that's just not the case at all. That's just not how it is, and that's not how I am at all. It's a falsehood of an entire situation, and something so twisted, mistaken, and mispresented (that last part my own fault) over the years more and more, there's just no reality to it anymore,
    there's no fixing this in a standard manner, and there's no lessons to be learned here.
    Don't get the wrong idea, the following statement is NOT about me, I have no concerning feelings, and am doing quite alright, but it crossed my mind and bothered me: If Pinside doesn't simmer down and keeps getting increasingly toxic like this, like it's known for, one of these days (and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already to be completely honest) you're going to get somebody more fragile than I on here that takes pinball and Pinside a little too seriously, slips up, makes some human mistakes, gets made fun of and sucked into the Otaku-Kaneda-Mistermoberg-and-many-others-vacuum-of-unrelenting-hatred-and-following-around, that is going to literally kill themselves over it - I guarantee it.
    That sounds extreme, but I find it realistic. Happens all the time with social media, and we all know very well that Pinside makes Facebook look like a safe space. This is not a perfect world and there are no perfect people, and instead of celebrating or just at least ignoring your differences, "not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say", you hone in on them as use them for fun, throwing horrifying insults and conversation fodder amongst each other. With or even without the insults, personal attacks, and hitting below the belt frequently, it's a hell of a lot of pressure and a large circumstance many can't handle, and that's dangerous. You get the right guy who makes pinball his life, doesn't really have much else to hold on for (can be as simple as being lonely or losing a job for some), may or have not have problems
    he is trying to mask and deal with by enjoying pinball (I've met many people like that thus far... this hobby seems to attract those and serve as a certain happiness & perhaps a distraction to those struggling with literally anything), makes a human mistake, and you put him in the same unrelenting, unfair, unhuman, no consideration, hopeless situation you've kept me and many others in regardless if we're poking the bear or not, and one of these days you're going to get the wrong guy who can't take it like we have and generally gives too much of a damn like we don't, and
    blows his brains out over it. Happens all the time with forums and social media... and with stuff like this allowed to continue here, it's bound to happen here next at some point too. What will you tell their family... "They brought it upon themselves"? Get a grip, and grow up. You're trying a little too hard and too violently to "teach people a lesson", and it's too much, and starting to be criminal. You're worse than cancel culture,
    and given your age and political views, I'm surprised, as cancel culture seems to be a big no-no around here. News flash, you're even worse than that, and it's going to end up hurting somebody someday... and the blood will be on your hands. I hope it keeps you up at night. I sleep well.
    Well, that's all I have to say and feel very relived after many years. Whew. Goodbye. Final account deactivation, final goodbye, third time's a charm... glad my account will be locked permanently now. It's definitely a great way to go back to turning a new leaf
    with some certainty. Just remember going forward, any future discussion is one-sided and you're talking behind my back without me here to be able to defend it and add some truth to the scenario, and if that's your thing, stalking, harassing people, wasting your time, and just being creepy, then just remember you're a lot worse than I ever was or ever will be.
    Even just having so much time on your hands makes me pity you. Perhaps I'm not, and never was, the one in most dire straits here. I forgive you.
    This situation does not represent me, my business, my family, my upbringing or anything else, and I'm sorry for misrepresenting myself and my morals so much over the years.
    I've said some pretty crappy things over the years, and I apologize, but I hope you know I didn't genuinely mean any of it (I actually find myself physically and legitimately unable to stoop as low, nor care as much, as many of you - just how I was raised, how I am, and how I always will be - which is great.)- even at the time... just tried to bark the mean bark of Pinside, especially in my younger years,
    which was a mistake and a lie to myself that never did me any justice. Heck, a lot of it was just mocking myself and trolling the heck out of you guys by sounding like an idiot/jokingly emphasizing points of how you thought I was because you were so upset and to easy to mess with, and certainly shouldn't be any accurate representation of my true character either.
    Both of these things clearly made one big mistake of being here and fueling the flames, but this is ENTIRELY ALL-INCLUSIVE of everything else, and there is no representation or realism of this off of the site from me... yes, all 4 years of this is entirely unique to here, and this stops here, meaning both the situation and what should be seen as a false representation of myself, by myself.
    Thankfully it's always just been a Pinside thing, and stops here, forever. It's just how it is already... don't even have to work to make it that way, it's just how it is... and has been for many years already. Nothing is any different, all I have to do is leave the site behind and I will be fine.
    I'm just cutting out the cancer and the toxicity. Between the jokes I've directed at you that went over your heads, and the ways I've misrepresented myself, none of this connects to who I really am, and none of this should reflect my true character. And guess what, you can find that in person... and big shocker,
    none of you know me in person. It's all a farce, and it's great to move on.
    Final account deactivation feels great, finally the end of this farce. Looking forward to being me full time instead of having this weird niche little pimple where I act like somebody I'm not, because it's not representative of me whatsoever, and always shuts off
    when I log off the site, and is always easily forgotten. Now it's permanent, how it should be, and something I should've done a looooooong time ago - just living a normal, happy life, and doing what I do - respecting others and keeping good company around me, instead of acting like any of this really matters,
    or that this is how I really want to spend my time.
    I'd say "It's been real", but uhh, quite the opposite... literally. In summary... I've misrepresented myself here to a large degree, I'm nothing like this, and I shouldn't have dug the hole by acting completely like somebody I'm not over the years as a defense mechanism. It's a travesty, and a lie, and I'm much better than this, I just haven't taken the time to show that here... because it's so easy to look in see, in person, that I'm right. Never had a bad game deal with anybody, never disrespected anybody off the site, act my age and beyond, have a very fruitful, very mature, very well-oriented, very happy business and life for sure, and just ran my mouth a little too much on the internet, and unfortunately really did a number by representing myself as somebody I'm not... at all. That was a mistake, but the bright side is it's not true, and easily ends here... and never was the case any of the time off-site anyways. Pinside has its ways that need fixing too, and I have not been defeated... I will continue to love and spread the love of pinball, and pinball for me is now much bigger and great than this site could ever be. So it's time to leave.
    I'm not signing this "Otaku", I'm signing this Steven. Steven out.
    I leave you with a quote from my favorite movie which is super relevant to a tee right now:
    [quoted image]

Didn't read

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vectorgamer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.