Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2503 3 years ago

His mailman's basement flooded and there was no substitute carrier to pick up the mail, otherwise that check would have been on it's way.

#2509 3 years ago

I offered to pay for a haircut during the grandmas flooded basement episode. It would have been a prepaid deal though and only good for a haircut so all I heard was crickets. I wasn't going to contribute cash for the grifter fund.

#2564 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I just remembered that Steven never bought me the lunch he promised me 7 years ago at the York Pinball Show when he was 15...that piece of TRASH! With interest, I figure he owes me FIVE lunches now!

The interest should cover the upgrade to Heart Healthy lunches Todd.

If he comes through on the lunches I'll pop for a haircut for him.

#2616 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You have a terrible habit of “unabomber” type narcissism. You want to do questionable things and get away with it, but you ALSO want to write 10,000 word screeds bragging about all the awesome stuff you’ve done, which inevitable always reveals your deceit.
    If you mooched hundreds of
    Dollars from strangers based upon a sob story about your grandma, great. That’s what go fund me is for, getting money with a story. But for god’s sake don’t come in here 2 weeks later bragging about all the awesome pinball machines you bought 2 days ago. It’ll come back to bite you.
    If you want to borrow a stranger’s new $2,000 appliance, and then drop it down the stairs with a beat to shit Chicago coin Blue Max strapped to it, and then return it without mentioning it...don’t post publicly - even if it’s 2 years later - a full confession and expect that the owner isn’t going to get upset.
    Why is this so hard to grasp? You can’t have your cake and eat it too - either go with sneaky and quiet or honest and loud, it will work out much better for you in the long run.

That sums up everything quite well.

#2665 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Fiancee? I thought she was his wife? Wow seems even Stephen supposed close friends and advisors are confused with his situation.

Impossible to keep all the lies or stories straight. Grifting is Hard.

( Harder than pinball )

#2706 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, look what came via UPS today: A replacement chain and battery as promised. Thanks, Otaku! I guess we can put this one to bed now.

[quoted image]

I'll be damned !

Now if he buys Todd Tuckey those meals he's owed, I'll have to pop for Otaku's haircut like I promised.

#2804 3 years ago
    Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

Steve-aseum
    You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:
    1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.
    2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.
    3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?
    4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.
    5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.

Would like to give about 12 Thumbs up on this if I could.

#2809 3 years ago

Definitely not.

#2811 3 years ago

Here is the whole back story on this shit show for those who missed it. The infamous flood thread.

Boob went out of his way to help the guy. You think after all this, and after additional information came out in this thread that there would have been more humility, genuine remorse and apology with no excuses and no more baloney.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood

#2872 3 years ago

It's probably Wednesday somewhere.

#2896 3 years ago

Holding out for The Mooching T- Shirt.

#2938 3 years ago

That's really awful you couldn't fix it boob. Probably the best thing to get it in a good working state again would be if you could get it somehow to escalara and have them repair it or refurb it. Or call them and see if they have an authorized repair place out your way that can fix it. It's going to cost some good money and then some especially if it has to be shipped. After that, I would consider filing an action in small claims court and try to recover the money.

#2949 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

It’s to bad there are no shows / expos to attend. You probably could have raffled off the famous working broken Escalera.

Or hand it off so it could go in for repairs.

#2950 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've reached out to Zach at FlipNOut to buy a new one. I'm hoping he gives me a good price considering the circumstances. I'll be selling this Otaku-blessed one with the new chain on the marketplace soon, just as soon as I can figure out a price.
    Oh...and I'll be buying one of those awesome t-shirts from yuppicide so that I can donate to my own cause.
    Thanks again to everybody for their support...I'll probably call Escalera tomorrow to discuss my options, but I'm really not going to throw any more money at this. The unit works fine as it is--it's just not the nice unit I bought.

Hope Zach can give you a great deal.

See what Escalara says about repairing the damaged one.

#2963 3 years ago

Game and Esclara Messum

#2968 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Boob will they take the damaged one with parts and give you a significant discount? Steven should at the very least give you 1,500.00 for your damaged one that he can fix himself. He has an arcade so it would be more than needed in his situation not to mention he should have bought the new unit and traded you to begin with.

That would be ideal but Steven didn't even make good on the 100 bucks he said was in the mail... Pretty much can can write him off.... Mr. game messum

#3080 3 years ago

@ boilerman - message sent. I would like to add a donation. Need recipient address.

@ beelzeboob - special thanks not necessary - I'll take the above post as thanks enough.

Way back when I offered to fund for a haircut for Otaku - that offer is withdrawn...
    Instead I will be happy to donate toward the new Escalara instead.

#3103 3 years ago

@boob - paypal sent. A little help toward the new Escalara.

Or use it for a haircut - it's the money I would have spent getting little Stevie's haircut. Ha !

#3107 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

(And hey...does anybody here know how to get zmeny to return calls? I asked him who a guy's gotta blow to get an Escalera order in. He's gone AWOL...maybe he's on vacation?)

Zach is a professional psychologist - really - so maybe he is doing some work with Steve and that's taking up a lot of time....

#3110 3 years ago

Just pointing out that it's Zachs real job. Might surprise some people.

#3112 3 years ago

Hey - maybe he really could help Steve. But it might be a lot of work.

#3115 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:Zach didn't do his show this week with no explanation. When I asked about it, Dennis answered which is unusual.

Maybe has an actual emergency and isn't doing therapy with a Moocher.

#3230 3 years ago

I didn't know Leaker was one of the Turtles. .....I thought it was supposed to be Leonardo .

1 week later
    #3315 3 years ago

Ah no - he won't LEARN. Odds are he is who he is. A leopard doesn't change it's spots. A beggar, grifter and a mooch.

#3474 3 years ago

Shampoo
    Laundry Detergent
    Tooth Brush

Should be the to do list ...

Instead I have a feeling there is going to be a gofundme set up for a new keyboard - he has to be near wearing one out

#3477 3 years ago

Kid's a turd. Plain and simple. Try not to let it bother you any more.

#3507 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again, and again, and again. This thread had actually sunk down to like the third page, and I had promised only one or two more posts with pictures and thanks and that would be it. But if you're going to come after me, I'm going to go right back at you.
    Off to meet gorillabiscuits ...

Have a great day. Meet up of good guys. Thumbs up.

#3513 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

..Steven....he has been and continues to be his own worst enemy so if there's a finger to be pointed he best start with the mirror first as they'll be much of nothing to blame outside of that reflection he'll see.

Multiple reflections - all the same one.

(Whatever identity or flavor of the day is)

#3536 3 years ago

Your Last sentence hits the mark.

The rest - He is what he is. Doubtful he is going to change. Plus side he is just in the small niche of arcades, pinball etc. Small potatoes... good thing he is not engaged in other nefarious activity getting masses of people or going for big bucks.

Has some similarities to a modern version of a Dickens character - Artful Dodger, Oliver Twist, or such.

#3554 3 years ago

Don't get it - maybe he's an Illegitimate son ?

1 week later
    #3682 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

My bad. I just presumed that no woman except for his wife would let him get that close.

(edit)

#3687 3 years ago

@ brianmegaphone - actually it's not something that is directly personal - I just quoted an idiom in reference to another post that was made.

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet, The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. There are a ton of them.

Stupid is as stupid does.

#3695 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hmm, I could actually end it right here:
    “You know what, I screwed up. I borrowed someone’s equipment, dropped it, didn’t tell them, and didn’t even try to make it right until you all forced me to. I should have been better than that. I responded to hurled insults that got out of hand by using fake accounts and writing way more than needed to be written. I tried to reciprocate against the insults rather than address the matter at hand and apologize. I involved family members and friends to stick up for me when I created this problem myself. And yes my business is struggling as are all arcades. And I do need to sell off some of my extra machines so that I can decrease the need to ask for handouts here to try to stay in business. All of us need to strive to be better people and this kick in the ass tells me I have farther to go, but thankfully time to do so. Not gonna ask for any forgiveness, I helped create and added to the mess this became. But I will try to do better. Sorry for the annoyance I have caused all of you. Hope to prove my words by forthcoming actions.”
    There you go. Just has to sign the damn thing. Nobody wishes him failure, nobody wants to see an arcade close. But yeah the social shaming continues for a reason: he keeps stoking it with his fake account comments that are the opposite of what I wrote above, and demonstrate some undeserved grandiosity that serves nobody well. I suspect if he lays low then this thread will come to its own inglorious end since at some point we all get tired of beating a dead horse. Do I have any faith he will have some awakening here: nah, it’s unfortunately who he is and how he was raised. But one can hope to plant some small seed of “gosh maybe how I handled this all wasn’t the best way forward and should have listened to others advice”. Maybe another decade or two under him he will learn from this episode and at least moderate his own worst tendencies.

That was pretty good, but it should have been much longer, off the track more and so on and so forth ...

#3705 3 years ago

RE: post 3682

Nothing personal was intended. I was just using an idiom that succinctly said in a few words what some others may have inferred. I am sorry if any offense was taken.

So a modern idiom directed at myself - Stupid is ad Stupid Does.

That's all I got to say about that.

#3722 3 years ago

Didn't idiom qualify as a Three dollar word ?

#3784 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I call bullshit.
    No award for best sweatpants?

Probably best exhibit there, hands down.

#3785 3 years ago

Best Attraction, Best place for a casual date, Best place for a girls night out, Best museum. Holy Cow.

Must have missed the award for best clean toilets. Seems to be the only category they didn't get an award for.

#3787 3 years ago

That would be Best box stuffer.

#3789 3 years ago

Checked out the link. They actually have some neat REAL attractions.

#3792 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

There may be a reason they didn't win that award.

That's where I was going ... no pun intended, well maybe that's a pun...

#3796 3 years ago

No - he breaks tools.

#3800 3 years ago

No sweatpants in the old photo. Shorts, athletic socks, sneakers and groomed hair. And customers. Different era in the arcade for sure.

#3819 3 years ago

Desparate.

Maybe he should add a laundromat to the museum ( more like a mausoleum ) where you could wash your sweatpants to bring in a few more quarters. Watching your clothes go around might be as good as some of the impressive video games.

#3835 3 years ago

Could be those customers are thumb suckers

#3864 3 years ago

Probably no waiting on Air Hockeeeey when you go.

#3907 3 years ago

Now that's funny. And the Plane is crumpled up like an escalara that got dumped down some stairs.

#3910 3 years ago

Maybe that's why Stevie keeps wearing the same dirty pair of sweatpants. The others will never reach their destination.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=noquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.