Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isayits4mykids.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2195 3 years ago

#paytheboob

Steven,

Your treatment of Boob is disgusting. You borrowed his brand new Escalera, dropped it, damaged it and didn't say anything. It is now years later and you have yet to make it right. Your offer to buy the parts and come over to fix it and help out is just gross. Why would he want you in his house? Why would he want your lying, two faced, entitled being anywhere near him? You tout your containers full of games but can't make it right with him? If you REALLY cared you would buy him a new one and take his old one. I mean, you are making as much as a surgeon, right? Or sell a few of your extra games. Your behavior in this situation is just vile.

I have read this thread. I had to stop reading your full posts after page 42. Your ability to write without saying anything is just too irritating.

I have a family or else I would go to your city and open an arcade next door. My goal would be to steal all your customers. All I would have to do is do the opposite of what you do. I could call it Notakus arcade. But I'm old and not good with social media and you're an expert so I'm sure I'd fail.

If anybody is looking for any good to come from this Trainwreck of a thread it got me to donate to Pinside just so I could comment!

I'm sorry you got taken advantage of Boob. Perhaps one day we can do business and I will round up in your favor.

#paytheboob

#2203 3 years ago

If I had no family? 100%

Now I just have to hope my wife leaves me. And takes the kids.

#paytheboob

#2279 3 years ago

Steven,

Regarding your post 2259. I read the whole thing. You are not fooling anyone with your long winded diatribe. It's just babble and an excuse not to pay him. If you have pinball machines that you own you have the ability to pay him back. The fact that you "found out" years after it happened isn't Boobs fault. It's your fault!!

An honest person, when returning the Escalera would say "I dropped your machine on accident. I am really sorry. Can we please go over it together with a fine toothed comb to make sure it is ok?" Or something along those lines. You didn't do that! The delay in finding out the machine was damaged is due to YOU being a liar. You are a liar and a scoundrel.

You owe Boob. That means every dollar you spend is actually his money. Why should he sit there with a broken machine while you have games in storage?

Sell some of your stored games. Sell some of the games you have on the floor. If Pinsiders knew the money was going to Boob I bet they would sell easily.

You may become the richest, most "successful" person in the world but if you get there by being a disgusting liar your success is worthless.

PS. Plus one star for sending him $100. Nice job

#paytheboob

#2283 3 years ago

I don't think it would be hard for him to find a buyer if he said something like:

#paytheboob sale!

"Hey everybody,

I'm trying to sell some of my games to pay Boob back. If you see anything you're interested in please let me know. I have doubles of x, y and z so those are the ones I'd be most interested in selling if possible.

Our hours are xxxxxx so feel free to stop by or give me a call.

Thanks,
    S"

#2291 3 years ago

Lols. 31 times?!? And that was a short post!

Maybe you could start a vote thread Boob? My vote would be #2.

Otakus inability to see where he is flat out wrong despite enormous feedback just tilts me.

And him having a functioning Escalera could wind up MAKING him money. Maybe he could rent it out? Or maybe you get a discount on a rental when buying a day pass? Or maybe there are a hundred better ideas Pinsiders have that they just stopped sharing because his interface with the world is just so grating.

#paytheboob

#2295 3 years ago

Steven,

I do not know if you actually believe what you write or not. Or if you expect others to, but what you say is absolute nonsense.

1. You didn't find out about the damage until October 2019 because YOU didn't tell him you dropped his brand new machine down the stairs. Do you understand that? It is YOUR fault. Not his. Boobs only mistake was trusting you to be a decent human being.

2. Your inability to find his address is RIDICULOUS. How hard would it have been to log onto Pinside and ask someone to send you a private message with his contact info. You're internet savvy. If you wanted his info you would have found it.

3. If you have pinball machines you own you have the ability to pay him back. He is subsidizing your business

4. The fact that Boob is cool about it is inconsequential. The man must be some type of saint.

#paytheboob

#2299 3 years ago

Dang it Steven. I was totally rooting for you all the way through post 2297. Then I got to:

"but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once"

You have the ability. You just lack the desire. It will be hard. It will be painful. I understand that. But that's part of becoming an adult (and a business owner). Doing the right thing isn't always easy. If it were more people would do it.

#2302 3 years ago

I apologize fory ignorance. Could some explain this to me please:

"34x and.. he got bounced"

#paytheboob

#2304 3 years ago

Ah, got it. Thank you. I am new to forums. Do you know why he got bounced?

#paytheboob

#2322 3 years ago

"Paying Boob is the mostest most importantest thing ever to me. I would totally pay him if I had the money. It's just that I REALLY need these three Asteroid machines next to each other"

#paytheboob

#2370 3 years ago

Cliff notes on Otakus for reals this time finalist most lastest post 2362. And 2363

1. It's not my fault
    2. I was raised right.
    3. Everything I said was actually me pretending to be someone else so if you think that's who I really am it's your fault.
    4. I'll pay boob later.

----------------
    Steven,

You have still yet to explain why it's okay for Boob to subsidize your business. Why do you need trailers full of spare games and 3 Asteroids while Boob has a broken Escalera? And your excuse that "you just found out October of 2019" is gross. The reason you found out that late is because you were dishonest when you returned the machine.

You will fail no matter what. Because even if you succeed you will have done it by being a snake

#paytheboob

#2594 3 years ago

"Steve-aseum",

1. You dropped the machine, damaged it and didn't tell Boob.

That is first rate scummery right there. Any delay in information being relayed to you is YOUR fault! When you treat someone like that they aren't eager to interact with you! Do you understand that there is probably a large part of Boob that would rather just live with a broken Escalera or buy the parts himself rather than deal with you!?

2. You couldn't find his address.

Do you really believe this crap? You could have posted on Pinside and found his info in 2 minutes. Afterall you are sooooo internet savvy

3. You think this should be handled privately "like men"

Pedantic and more BS. I am sure the only reason you are doing anything to take care of Boob is because Pinside made such a big deal of it. Your two firing neurons finally put one and one together and realized pooping on him would eventually be bad for your business.

4. Where's the check you supposedly sent? Liar?

This is all YOUR fault. You are not a victim. You are an entitled brat.

#paytheboob
    #growup

#2595 3 years ago

Did the fall down the stairs also cause the battery to be returned dead? Can you please stop spouting this nonsense? It makes no sense and Steven was completely unethical.

Yes. When you borrow something and it's brand new you report ANYTHING no matter how minor. The fact that I have to explain that to an adult just outs what an imbecile you are.

#2604 3 years ago

Dang it Levi! Why are you giving him such good advice for free?! Hehe. Luckily he won't listen but you are 100% correct.

His ability to hold diametrically opposed truths in his head at the same time really shatters my understanding of how humans work. For instance:
    1. I make as much as a surgeon
    2. Here is my gofundme
    3. I mean I'm doing great right now but it's for the future

#2608 3 years ago

Makes me wonder what his friends are like. Everyone sees machine and Escalera fall downstairs.

Steven and friends stare at each other wide eyed:

"Still looks minty fresh to me!"

I guess if you ever buy a game from Steven you have to ask every single question possible because unless something's actually broken in half he won't see any reason to mention it. So Steven, was this game every dropped down the stairs? Used as a surfboard? Boat anchor?

Haha. What am I saying. Why would he sell a game when he can always start a gofundmooch?

#2609 3 years ago

Steven after selling the pinball machine:

Buyer: "You said this machine was Home Use Only"

Steven: "It is! I only dropped it down the stairs at home. It was never dropped down the stairs on route"

#2614 3 years ago

Boob,

I totally get where you are coming from. Steven has the rare ability to see things ONLY from his point of view. He effortlessly starts and stops the narrative wherever he sees fit. I like to use a Star Wars analogy to describe this behavior. For example if you start watching Star Wars when there is only 15 minutes left the rebels look like real jerks. They blow up the Deathstar (sorry! Spoiler alert!) then have a party. But that kinda misses the whole Imperial forces doing a bunch of bad stuff part.

Anyway I have experienced this behavior before and I find it quite disorienting. I am sorry it happened to you. You did nothing wrong. I mean maybe other than not listening to your wife... hehe

1 week later
    #2801 3 years ago

Steve-aseum

You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:

1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.

2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.

3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?

4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.

5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.

#2936 3 years ago

Otaku,

Do you see how this isn't resolved? That's sending a couple of parts doesn't make "all corners" happy? Boob is stuck with a damaged machine he can't fix and you have trailers full of games you can't use. Just doesn't seem right to me.

#2988 3 years ago

I think one of the reasons Steven is so frustrating to many of us is that he is CLEARLY passionate about pinball. He loves it. But somehow his love for the hobby doesn't translate into even decency for the hobbyists.

I would imagine that passion for pinball is what swayed Todd to his side. I do not understand why someone would potentially jeopardize their business to support Steven.

I do not think I can ever use Otaku again. He will now be Old Taco to me! Hilarious post Pacmanretro!

#3232 3 years ago

Steven...uh...I mean Phil-Lee,

Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? Can you imagine approaching this "$10 law student":

You: Someone on the internet hurt my feelings by saying things that are true. Will you help me sue them?

Student: Geez, that sounds fun but I'm pretty busy with school and books and having a life

You:. But it could be millions of dollars!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------

How do you not understand that the Pinside community are not a bunch of trolls? There are actual lawyers in this thread. Did you see how the community came together to try to make Boob whole? Some of the people that helped have never met or even interacted with him. And I bet some of the people helped out not for any affection for Boob but because of their distaste for Steven and wanting to wipe the earth of the legacy of his misdeeds.

So what do you think would happen if someone were to try some idiotic legal attack? You saw how Pinside united over an Escalera that wasn't even theirs. What do you think happens when they are threatened directly? A bunch of old guys with money and free time isn't a groups of people you want as an enemy.

If your true goal is to be helpful and de-escalera (sorry! Couldn't help it. Deescalate) things then you should reach out to Steven.

#3234 3 years ago

Oh no! I'm buying you drinks!

#getboobdrunk

I think your situation resonates for many of us because some of us have had a Steven or 2 (or 3 or 4...some of us are slow learner's) in our lives.

#3306 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Is this thread worth reading the 67 pages or is there a quick summary any where

"F*ck pinball. We've got Galaga"
    -gameseum

#3324 3 years ago

How is it less irritating coming out of the bot?

#3494 3 years ago

I agree with La4s.

I generally don't give free business advice to people I don't like but Steven won't listen anyway so it doesn't matter. That response to his customer was so hard for me to read. Nobody cares if you're open 12 hours a day. As a business owner it's your job to make sure your games are functioning correctly. Not your customers!

You're open 12 hours a day? Fine, then you get there early and make sure your machines are working correctly or turned off with a sign. This isn't advanced strategy, it's just normal business sense.

Ug, it so wearisome! And Boob, you don't need to justify anything. Steve was (is?) a sneaky, ungrateful person. If he had any integrity he would have let you know what happened when he returned it. That's why there was a delay Steven! It was your fault!

And these aren't "personal attacks". They are descriptive statements. You're welcome for the free character analysis.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isayits4mykids.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=isayits4mykids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.