Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I can’t believe noone local hasn’t dropped by to check out this place and post more info here.
    I’d be happy to make a donation to pinside if someone would pay the $5 entry fee,check the place out and report back.

I literally live 10 minutes away and have no plans on going. My wife works at the Amvets club a few blocks away from him and I'd rather go there to play their Munsters and shoot some pool, while having actual food and drinks.
    I'm seriously growing tired of every time a news article is posted about the place on Facebook, a couple people inevitably tag me in the post "Greg, did you see this?!" Why would I pay somebody to play dumpster games that are older than me when I have a thriving collection at home that puts his arcade to shame?
    On that note . . . If anybody actually makes the trip there. Hit me up once you're bored within 30 minutes or so. I may be home and I'll gladly host some gameplay and beer drinkin.

#497 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Wow...not sure how I missed this thread all this time! Just found it today.
    So my buddy and I went to Gameseum on Saturday. Boy was it depressing! There were games all over the place that had "restoration in process" signs on them, a lot of the arcade games didn't have credits on them with signs stating "ask to have credits added", and the quality of the majority of the games was poor (as others have mentioned, trash games). I didn't know there was such a history with the owner and honestly had not been paying too much attention to any of the news articles or videos. Just wanted to check out the new local arcade.
    My buddy is obsessed with Donkey Kong, and was looking forward to playing it based on a photo he had seen. The game was not there. When my buddy asked the owner where it was, he said it was down and made some comment about how finicky the game is (or something like that). My buddy owns a Donkey Kong and I could tell he thought that was odd.
    The owner was pretty much just sitting around doing nothing, and I thought "shouldn't he be using his time restoring all of these machines?!".
    We spent close to one hour there, and it was such a LONG hour! I was so bored. We were so disappointed we hopped in the car and drove to Pinball Gallery (which I embarrassingly had never been too) and had an AWESOME time! I will definitely be going back there again!
    Sorry, didn't take any pictures, and I doubt I will ever go back

Hey Bru, you should've texted me . . . I would've gone along for a laugh. You guys need to stop up soon. I have a Batman 66 on the way for Missy.

#522 4 years ago

I'll stop being negative and try to say some positive things about this new arcade . . .

1. If you enjoy very old pinball machines, average arcade games and smoking meth, then you may very well love this place. I'm not saying the owner has anything to do with drugs, but Ephrata is flush with the stuff and you should have no problem finding some once it gets dark.

2. If you wanna take a break from pinball to enjoy some female (or male) companionship, there are "pay by the week" apartments just down the street where you will be in luck if you have some of the meth I referred to in my first point.

3. If you enjoy being around the type of people who, upon hearing about an arcade opening, say "OMG! I wonder if they have the PacMan?!" . . . You will love the crowd that goes there.

#526 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

lol You ain't wrong. Look for the young Russian girls smoking cigarettes on a back porch just across the street in the parking lot off Poplar. Always different ones but usually three or four of them at a time.

Are you saying all I needed this whole time was cigarettes?!! Now I feel ripped off!

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Umm....excuse me steven. I was around in the eighties. I went to arcades in the eighties. They all had great games, and they all worked. If they didnt, they went out of business, fast. Tell me again about your personal experience in the eighties....

What I wouldnt give to be in an 80s arcade again! This kid has no clue what it was like. He does nothing but shit on the era and the people of the era that he's trying to recapture.

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Apparently he hasn't heard 32 inch screens aren't that big anymore...[quoted image]

Top notch Sceptre brand TVs right there!
    100 bucks each at Walmart. Huge investment!

#642 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

I went to Gameseum knowing what Steven has gone through and that he is doing this his way so I didn't expect a full blown place full of working pins. There were 3 SSs, Comet played well but had display issues so you didn't know what ball you were on. F-14 and Gorgar played real good. The SSs are set to 3 balls and the EMs set to 5 balls. 8 EMs were turned on. Yes, there were the missing leg bolt pins and coin doors open on some which is a safety concern. The 5 EMs from Team One to Wild Wild West are non working and all except 4 Square look in decent shape so hopefully he can get these running. Rancho and Skipper are also "museum pieces". Strato Flight played well, MIBS played ok but the marbles didn't shoot up, Magnotron played ok, Lady Luck played but scoring was funky. Mayfair played real good. One reason I went there was to play Skyrocket as I have the partner game Firecracker. I know Skyrocket doesn't look that good but it played well however had a quirk were the lit 5,000 point firework playfield light gave you an extra ball. The firework display did work and is neat to watch as it stays rotating the lights until your ball hits a target/hole.
    I would not drive far to go to this place but the next time I'm working in Ephrata, I will stop by to see how things are going. Folks around Ephrata may never have been to a real arcade before to know what a bigger venue has to offer with lots of games so maybe this kid can make a go of it at 22, I know when I was 22, I sure couldn't.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How were you able to play any games with so many people there?!
    Sorry, just had to say it. Haha

Btw, there have been plenty of real arcades near Ephrata over the years.

#673 4 years ago

Earthshaker is the newest and most technologically advanced? Gimme a break!

I saw somebody comment in one of his posts that theyd like to donate some games to him. At least people are willingly giving him stuff and he doesnt have to beg on GoFundMe, but still annoying to see.

#787 4 years ago

I must be a glutton for punishment, checking back to see what dumb shit he writes on his Facebook page.
    If anybody posts anything contrary to what he perceives as his own vast knowledge of pinball and video games, he will actually argue with them in the comments. Instead of just admitting that he cant afford newer games yet, he will just deny they are good games or he'll say they are sparse and hard to find.
    I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I personally havent seen as many pinballs on location as I do now. They are everywhere and pinball is HUGE!
    I've been collecting pins since before this kid was born and I've forgotten more info than he knows total. I used to be indifferent toward this whole venture and just kind of shrugged it off. But now seeing the way he spouts off how great he is and manipulates his comments by deleting anything negative, I'm actively rooting against it.
    When local people tell me they may check it out, I tell them to just come to my place and play for free.

#788 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20190726-143104_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143104_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143145_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190726-143145_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #857 4 years ago

Several grand per weekend you say? Good! Now get your dog the surgery it needs!

#942 4 years ago

Gameseum - you just wont see these games anywhere anymore.

#967 4 years ago

There are barely that many people in Ephrata, for crying out loud! What did somebody say, 18,000?
    Assuming they arent lying, every following month will just get worse unless he gets new games constantly. People wont keep coming back to play the same tired old games.

#987 4 years ago

That's an awful lot of typing for somebody who doesnt give a shit about what anybody here thinks.

#1007 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dialsoft:

I have 13 Pinballs in the arcade. No EMs. Im just not a fan of Ems. My earliest pin is the SS Joker Poker. Then I have Jokerz, Funhouse, High Speed, Blackout, Checkpoint, F14 Tomcat, Flash, Sorceror, Rollergames and Kings of Steel are in the shop and coming, Star trek next gen is on the floor. All together 121 arcade cabs and pins. I need to update the site with the pins.

I was just checking out your Instagram and facebook pages. Looks like an awesome place, I may just have to make the trip some day.

#1028 4 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Sound like there’s a lot of arcade options in Central PA.

Yes, but only one of them is an A++ location

#1064 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

$7 for a half hour? Hell I can play well over a half hour on one quarter on asteroids.
    I know some around here can play the newer pins well over a half hour on one credit. So $1 somewhere else or $7?

Agreed! Me and a buddy put 2 bucks in a Munsters last night and ended up playing well over an hour on the credits we earned.

#1075 4 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

I was pondering going this weekend just to walk around and see what its like (since I'm so close). Not really trying to go if there is mold, anyone notice a smell walking in?[quoted image]

As with every bad review, the reply is this is not their fault and due to unique circumstances.

#1140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Drive a lifted truck too?

Is there a problem with that?

You DO realize you're in Ephrata, right? Half your clientele probably drives lifted trucks.

#1143 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not clientele anymore if they read this stuff he posts

Trust me, they're not reading this thread. They are the type that are completed enchanted with these games that they didnt know still existed. They arent hobbyists and have no clue that theres been a thriving arcade community for decades.

The truck comment rubbed me the wrong way because it shows a definite sense of elitism. It was bad enough seeing the narcissism and condescension in every Facebook post, now I see that there are some real insecurities going on here.

#1147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He did get me that “Jody” comment. Didn’t know what that meant.

Jody is another Lancaster county pinsider who has been critical of how the GoFundMe money has been spent.
    Just more lashing out randomly, because we are all in cahoots even though we live vast distances from each other.

2 weeks later
    #1232 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Otaku has yet to show pictures of an actual restoration. They don’t exist. If they did, he’d proudly display them. He’s a hoarder gathering every cheap game he can find.

But he sure is the king of shameless self promotion, is he not? Every game they get is the best of the best, in unbelievable condition and you just wont find a game like that anywhere else.
    Better hurry in, those all day passes are selling like crazy! There must be a limited number of them, so you need to get there quick! My question is . . . Is that a good thing? I HATE crowded arcades. If I'm buying a super A++ value all day pass, the last thing I want to do is wait for other people to get done playing something I want to play.

2 months later
    #1365 4 years ago

It's honestly like the rantings of a crazy person. So much typing!

#1407 4 years ago

But guys! . . . They are now offering a 1.5 hour pass for $17 !! What a bargain! They are truly "going above and beyond" for their customers.

Last time I was at a good arcade was Flippers in NC. I tossed a $20 in the token machine, got my tokens, and played for 4+ hours! Had to leave to meet my wife and counted 8 bucks worth of tokens still left in my pocket.

#1411 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Oh God, he's back on his Buzzy Bee bullshit again

The only one in existence, right?

#1414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Be careful, don’t challenge the “Queen of Gameseum” to a game of Buzzy Bee. She’ll kick your ass!
    Sure plays a mean Bee ball.

I gotta give him credit. I honestly have never (and may never again) seen somebody try to convince people that it's better to not win tickets and prizes on a machine that was MADE to win tickets and prizes. It takes a special sort of delusional personality.

#1417 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^^^^^^^
    And... You are a business now, so dress and act accordingly.
    Simply put, ditch the sweatpants and get a haircut. Wear some jeans and clean shirts.
    Everyone is watching. You're all over the news and Youtube. Don't make the pinball community look bad. You could create a bad image real quick doing some of the things that you been doing.
    -Mike

Thank you for saying it !!
    It's something I've been thinking for a while now. Pinball is FINALLY a mainstream thing and has been lifted from the "dirty creepy nerd" stigma. What we dont need is the people that thought that being proven right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=gwalton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.