Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballSleuth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#155 4 years ago

This is only gonna go poorly for me. I am aware of this.

I’m gonna say that - maybe this guy has come around a little bit. Maybe.

Think about it; sure he did some shitty gofundmes, and hurt some people in this community.

But this kid is 21, same age as me. I went to the Facebook; He’s got a business apparently ready to open, he’s engaged, he can’t be a complete idiot or a complete jerk to have those two things.

Am I defending his prior actions, no. NO.

But he can’t be the worst pinsider. He just can’t be.

Is he an eccentric with a massive ego - YES. But, so am I.

I don’t hate this guy, and I think we should give him a second chance. Legit.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Go home large Marge you're drunk.

Not this early I’m not.

#161 4 years ago

I’m starting to warm up to ya buddy.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I don't know, man. I am 29 and I never acted like this 8 years ago. I knew the world didn't owe me anything. I knew my limits and worked well with what I had. I accepted feedback, both positive and negative, in good faith. I spent my time trying to make friends and positive connections in the hobby, not shove delusional dreams of grandeur in everyone's faces.

I think most of us wouldn’t have made some of the choices this guy did, regardless of age. Everyone deserves a second chance however.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

By the time I was 21 I had Learned not to leave the house in sweatpants.

I think most of us wouldn’t have made some of the choices this guy did, regardless of age. Everyone deserves a second chance however.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A second chance for what? He's not doing anything wrong. He's obnoxious, full of himself, and has absolutely no shame, maybe that's why I like him!
    That being said...ALL I want from him is to see a photo of him wearing real pants. Like, Jeans with holes in them. Or god forbid even some dockers or something. If he's gonna keep doing Go Fund Mes at SOME point he's going to need a photo of himself wearing pants if he wants to finally bring in over $110. Ratty, sloppy joe-stained sweatpants just don't scream "here's a guy with a solid business plan."
    I'm never going to contribute to one of his Gameseum scams, but if he does a Go Fund Me for a pair of pants I'm in!

Honestly, if he set up a GoFundMe to buy a pair of pants - I’d be in too.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

He's not even close to the worst Pinsider.
    Second chance for what? He can still post here. Many of us (me included) would play in his GayMuseum if it ever opens and we're in the area.
    We bust his balls a little. Welcome to every internet forum ever.
    He did steal in the eyes of some contributors to his sump pump catastrophe. That's a difference in perception. People often have expectations when they give you money. If those are not met, they complain.
    No one who goes through life expecting much validation from an online forum will find much satisfaction. You shouldn't need it.

I’m just saying we should be nice to the kid and see what happens. That’s all.

1 week later
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

FYI, saying gayseum or similar is homophobic and is unacceptable in these times. There is nothing negative about being gay.
    Let's call this Lameseum (until we are proven otherwise) and move on.

It’s nothing new.

I imagine being gay or bi in the days of John Waters, when there was no closet and no PC was so much better than it is now.

Woke gays ruining it for the quiet ones - just chill and look the other way, ya dig?

1 week later
    #327 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's pretty depressing. Apparently he doesn't know what a flipper bushing is or how to remove one. Reading through the thread it's also apparent that he wants to fix this issue without using any new parts or even taking the assembly completely apart. Lazy and broke is a tough combo for keeping a ton of EM beaters running.
    I hope there's someone in Ephrata with some experience who he hasn't pissed off yet that can help him out. I'd do it but I'm 2 hours away. My personal advice is it's probably the bushing, or the flipper itself is binding and needs to be adjusted. Should be an easy issue to fix really. Step 1? Take the flipper apart. A lot of work, I know (could take 15 minutes!!!), but you gotta bite the bullet on this one.
    [quoted image]

Oh my god. Even I know how to rebuild a flipper, and I’m basically a moron.

As Levi learned at the show - I did not even know how to remove the backbox of a classic Stern until this weekend. LOL

Us young guys need the veterans to pass the knowledge down to us, you’d think Otaku would wanna be nicer.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol
    Well you are a quick learner at least!

Classic Stern Knowledge, a Free McDonalds Hamburger, Sweatpants jokes - you’re the coolest. LOL

I am volunteering to go to PA and help this kid for a day or two, all he has to do is ask. I know how to operate a vacuum to remove mouse turds and how to install Bounce dryer sheets inside cabinets.

1 month later
    #1215 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What do you mean? It’s beyond comfortable to sit on a metal chair and play video games for four hours. Especially if you like hemorrhoids.

Like hemorrhoids? I LOVE hemorrhoids! A+++

9 months later
    #1616 3 years ago

There are two idiot kids on pinside, both the same age.

I don’t wanna make this about me - but I’ve learned a lot since I’ve been here.

Otaku hasn’t from what I’m reading, and that’s kinda sad.

#1669 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Dick. Goodbye Pinside!! (then doesn’t leave)

1 week later
    #1710 3 years ago

Ugh, gross.

#1742 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

$1150 in his GoFundMe account.
    He could almost buy that Skylab on EBay.

$1150?

1 week later
    #1838 3 years ago

I don’t want this to seem like I’m bashing Todd Tuckey, because I’m not.

Seeing Otaku in the TNT videos - I have to turn them off. Knowing what he’s done to our community and all.

1 week later
    #1873 3 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Steven's Museum has brought LOTS of new visitors to the town. ALL of the local eating businesses have had increased business because people want to leave the museum and have something to eat and then come back. The coffee Shop volunteered to help him...as they WANT his museum to reopen, as does the pizza shops and restaurants.

Todd, we all love you man. You’ve brought every single one of us joy time and time again.

But - Steven has hurt a lot of people in our community. I would never boycott TNT, but I can’t watch the videos with Steven in them.

#1875 3 years ago

You still have me laughing! I’ve met ya twice - you’re a class act buddy.

Just like Howard Stern - there’s always the classic footage. Love ya Todd!

2 weeks later
    #1947 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Can’t believe the rarest, most sought after, bestest pinball machine in the world popped up so close to me! 4th example known. It actually looks like a clean example being sold here on pinside.
    [quoted image]

For $700 no less!

1 week later
    #2170 3 years ago

MOBERG HAS ARRIVED AND IVE GOT A LOT TO SAY!

#2171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Okay, there is oooooone little thing I'd like to get out of the way before bed and a nice blissful return...

I've been thinking - isn't this a little ironic of a thread for you to be chiming in on so often? We're both 22, and you act more like me when I was 16. I actually think you've done a really great job of filling my shoes while I was gone... actually, I think you trumped me... maybe even trumped Kaneda... that downvote ratio IS extremely gnarly (and way worse than even yours truly's, not to mention mainly when I was years younger than you are now)... and your reputation is leaking so badly I've heard bad things about you before even coming back to the site just now, which is pretty bad. Many have said you're the Otaku times two, and I have to agree... actually it kind of makes ME look bad.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-leaving-pinside
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-believe-ive-made-a-terrible-mistake
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-forgot-to-ask-my-wife-and-other-tales-from-the-dumpster
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyer-beware-kd-pinball-brypten-on-pinside-bryan-j-in-portland-ct (And I thought my old PBR rant was cringy)
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-my-floor-support-a-pinball-machine-collection
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-i-ruin-my-game-please-help-stern-monopoly
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-enthusiasts-18-30-y-o
    This one's my favorite: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-does-one-make-pinball-a-living
    That is only a very select few from your very colorful post history others have alerted me to.
    Think what you want, but maaaaaaaybe it's time to stop replying to this thread, Moberg. I am hanging out with the exact people you idolize (who are laughing at your corny and immature conduct on this thread, maybe you should re-evaluate that video reply you got earlier in the thread on your childish "I will never watch those videos I am so upset!" comment) and make my living every day doing what you are asking others for help on how to do. Just stop, especially because you're not out here doing what I am, you're just wanting to. And have some half-decent self-awareness for goodness sakes.
    Okay, okay, I promise... peace on Earth now!

Wanna get on the phone and bury the hatchet? I’m serious - I’m sure we’d have a great chat.

#2173 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Two "look at me' losers trying to convince each other that the rest of pinside are the odd ones

Oh no, I’m most definitely an oddball.

I’m trying to take the high road here.

#2178 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

No, but if you ever stop by TNT let me know, I heard you're a big fan. I'm there almost every Friday night (well, when things get financially back to normal now) and we all usually go out to dinner, we're all very close. No hard feelings. I know you're just trying to fit in, and I can tell you have a lot of the same qualities I do and are making a lot of the same mistakes I did, so I would say tone it down to avoid your own (perhaps inevitable) Otaku dumpster fire, and don't let Pinside rip you a new one like they like to do to people - particularly the young and naive. Nip it in the bud now and avoid this nonsense.
    You seem like a decent guy, but dogpiling on me isn't the right way. It's obvious that's what you're just trying to match the room to attempt to salvage yourself, because your first posts in this thread were defending me, and they did a 180 without any interaction from me during a period of time when I was away from the site. Again, I get you're trying to fit in, and do some damage control on your own situation, but it's just blatantly obvious to them and probably me as well. I'd rather be buds than enemies.

Yeah, big Todd fan. I’ve met him a couple times at shows - always wicked nice. You ever heard the expression of you are the company you keep? For Todd to keep you around, you can’t be too bad of a guy.

There certainly is a lot of misinformation about both of us out there on this site - and I certainly don’t think you’ve deserved the dogpile either. Hearing you’re gonna pay someone back - that’s wicked cool. Big chops.

I didn’t read everything about your second account and got some false information. Reacted poorly to it - I apologize man.

I’ve mostly left the hobby and will be downsizing my collection to just two. My life is pulling me in a different direction, but pinball will always have a place in my heart.

I want nothing but success for your business - I want every location to stay in the black, especially now. I saw on FB you were doing some good shit for the community, and big chops for that too.

I’d rather be buds too man - you better believe when things are back to normal, I’ll be headed back to Allentown every year and hopefully we can shake hands then and share a pretzel wrap.

Cheers friend.

#2185 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Mistermoberg: There was a time when he was all about drama and eventually rage quit Pinside. Unless I missed something, he's since acknowledged his past behavior and has been respectful and an asset to Pinside. The guy really turned it around.

Thanks buddy - I appreciate it. I’ve been thinking before I type lately - it goes a long way for me.

#2192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Lol, couldn't have said it better. What a joke.

6226E281-6F55-4488-8975-6DB00B0EC677 (resized).jpeg6226E281-6F55-4488-8975-6DB00B0EC677 (resized).jpeg
    #2194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Really digging deep for that one, lol. Just shows who you really are. Didn't you already leave, oh yeah, you left and came back just like sweatpants did, over and over again.

Wonderful day outside - maybe take a walk with your family and take advantage of your weekends.

#2309 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Whatever floats your boat pacmanretro, can't send a check if I don't have an address, and after 2 and a half years and only visiting once, I couldn't exactly remember it off the top of my head. (That'd be weird) I did remember he said Snooki's aunt lives down the street, but that didn't really help in any Google searches. I actually even tried Google Maps at one point because I'm from Central NJ and knew the area pretty well and remembered what the house looked like, but it was too difficult... but I went out of my way to try and do this thing back in October despite Randy being such a humble guy.
    Luckily I found it eventually on my own. It's the story changes my post in any way and isn't an excuse, it's just important explanation of the situation. The fact that it was damaged at all wasn't presented to me until October 2019, meanwhile I have hotheads like ISayIts4MyKids here wondering why I didn't pick up the tab in April 2017... or May 2017... or June 2017... nobody reads anymore, so of course I'm going to be over-specific and explain my side of the story.
    With not being alerted until October 2019, and not having open communication thus far with Boob, I'm doing what I can to make it right. Unfortunately that start naturally landed in the middle of a pandemic, so it's going to have to be slower, but I look forward to making things right regardless. It's not any of your concern.

Off topic - has anyone ever been moderated under the tag “Broken Record” before? Is this a pinside precedent?

#2310 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Off topic - has anyone ever been moderated under the tag “Broken Record” before? Is this a pinside precedent?

Also - sorry to double post - is 3 days a common thread eject duration for being a broken record?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballSleuth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=SilverballSleuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.