Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#439 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Besides, he wrote the run on sentence about pinball repair....he doesn't need veteran techs/collectors showing him up.....well....ok, except maybe how to remove 3 screws from a flipper bushing........

And how to replace missing leg bolts...

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

May I suggest little ceasers 5 dollar pizza instead?....

Or maybe jacks $2 frozen pizzas lol.....while supplies last

#452 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Is there an oven on premises? And if there is, does it work?

I would guess oven is the only thing that works there....

#561 4 years ago

Umm....excuse me steven. I was around in the eighties. I went to arcades in the eighties. They all had great games, and they all worked. If they didnt, they went out of business, fast. Tell me again about your personal experience in the eighties....

#612 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.
    But.....
    He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

I don’t think teddy ever verbally flipped a room off before speaking either.... the kid did call pinsiders some very unsavory words.

#624 4 years ago

This could’ve been cool, and fulfill his museum idea. Could’ve had a bunch of crts hooked up to atari’s, intellivisions, apple II’s and Nintendo’s showing the growth and evolution of home arcade systems. Heck coulda made a living room circa 1980 something with console tv, an orange sofa, couple green recliners on a shag carpet left over from the 70’s, woulda been kick ass. But no. He sets a few flat panels on a card table and calls it a day.
    Talk about phoning it in.....

#629 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The National Video Game Museum in Frisco Texas has exhibits like this.
    They basically have a wall with all the different generations and manufacturers of console games over the years with plaques next to them telling you about the system.
    They also have some cool exhibits like a kids bedroom and decorated in a contemporary manner with a tube TV and console hooked up to it.
    There is also an exhibit that made out to look like a game store during the market crash in the mid 80s and there is a display bargain bin of NOS Atari 2600 cartridges with price tags on them with blow out price on them. It's a pretty well put together museum. Went there during TPF this year.
    Full vintage arcade there that is set up in a very authentic way the way the walls are painted etc.
    Worth checking out for sure.
    The Nationaal Videogame Museum in Zoetermeer Netherlands has a lot of similar exhibits.
    Display cases with various console systems, vintage living room set ups with consoles and TVs, computer gaming areas, full arcade etc.
    Virtually all arcade, computer and console gaming though.
    There was only one pin when I was there which was Popeye Saves the Earth.

Yes! This is why I get worked up. It coulda been so much more! If he had just asked people who were there what it was like and took their ideas and ran with it. Instead of telling US what it was like. We were there man!

#648 4 years ago

Ya mean the very bestest a-double plus grander opening? Kid talks like a new chinese restaurant.

#655 4 years ago

Sorry but some of us are still sour about this kid asking for money cuz his grandmas basement flooded endangering his games, and when he was given money to buy pumps and fans he turned around and bought more games with it. And then there was the time his dog was dying and needed surgery to live and people gave him money for it, and the dog miraculously recovered without surgery, and the money was spent on Oreos and Cheetos instead of returning it or donating it to charity. And then after all that he goes on a rant here ripping on pinsiders saying we all suck, and then going on klov and calling us all stupid old mean dumbasses. If I’ve left anything out or am incorrect feel free to correct me. Ya, normally I’d be the first to congratulate him, but given his past it seems more like a bad joke.

#677 4 years ago

Wtf. Hint : that’s not what it’s supposed to be!

#701 4 years ago

Wow I didn’t know earthshaker weighed more than the wide body sttng did.....

And the Moocher getting mooched on huh? Kinda sucks getting punked like that eh Steven?

#809 4 years ago

Gameseum, toothbrushes and deodorant optional.

#821 4 years ago

Gameseum, not your grandmas basement

#831 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Where's the 100+ games like mentioned in the first post?

40 or 100, close enough right? Does steven really strike you as the truth in advertising kinda schmuck?

#837 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

His website says 80+ games, which is probably still a stretch....

He could get a 60 in 1 machine and still not have the promised amount!

#865 4 years ago

Somebody needs to file it, thats for sure

#871 4 years ago
    7E1F5CDA-DF4B-4D8A-818D-3551F3A6331B (resized).jpeg7E1F5CDA-DF4B-4D8A-818D-3551F3A6331B (resized).jpeg
    #887 4 years ago

He has brought this on himself, a public apology to pinside, and a donation equal to the amount he collected on his gofundmes to charity and maybe a public free day is all it would take to turn alot of us back on his side. But that would require personal growth.

#902 4 years ago

Steven, listen to @goatdan.

#916 4 years ago

Gameseum, come for the games, stay for the cease and desist order.

#934 4 years ago

Gameseum. Come for the games, stay for the cheese and whine.

#937 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Gameseum- Games + Trademark Pending

By whom?

#939 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

More of a joke quote for the t-shirt lol. It was funny in my head when I wrote it out lol

Oh ok, lol. Got me all excited!

#945 4 years ago

According to his Facebook, he had 1866 paid customers last month. Interesting. You know who else may find that interesting? PA tax and revenue. Inflating numbers publicly.....never a good idea. Anyways. I suppose you’ll be reimbursing all the GoFundMe supporters now.

#950 4 years ago

So 1866 times $10 is $18,660 which is the shortest pass avail according to his website. But he said all day passes outnumber the shortest so at least 934 of them are at $25 ea, or $23,350. Plus the 932 at $10, or $9320. Added together we get $32,670, at least. So we’re to believe he made at least $32k in a month but can’t fix his flippers, buy legbolts, or a pair of pants?! B.s.
    But I’m sure the state of PA will enjoy that check for 6% sales tax of $1960 for last month!
    ED1B9D82-6801-4034-ACF7-9B2A4AB1F7B9 (resized).pngED1B9D82-6801-4034-ACF7-9B2A4AB1F7B9 (resized).png

#965 4 years ago

Hes full of it. 1866 dollars i believe. Not head count.

#980 4 years ago

He’s not going to apologize. He’s not going to reimburse anyone. He refuses to accept any advice. It’s pointless arguing with a fool, I’m out.

#992 4 years ago

#1065 4 years ago

$2 for 3 plays on new pins here, usually I can pick up one additional play by match or high score. So easily $2 for 30 min on NEW machines.

#1145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He did get me that “Jody” comment. Didn’t know what that meant.

Just a nasty shot at another pinsiders wife. I mean why attack someone who never did anything to him? Im sure shes a nice lady, whats the point in attacking her?

1 week later
    #1220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Compared to the arcades of the 80’s, Gameseum is like the back area of a Goodwill store.

The most bestest rarest, most valuable A++ goodwill ever

4 weeks later
    #1293 4 years ago

Well there wasn’t a look at me post last month from gameseum, so either his numbers were off and reality set in, or he matured some.....let’s hope it’s the latter. Anybody been there recently? There hasn’t been much for reviews lately so can’t tell what’s up. Unless they were all negative and he removed them again.

1 month later
    #1309 4 years ago

He ever hear of humility?

1 week later
    #1386 4 years ago

Maybe it’s just time to close the thread.

#1388 4 years ago

I used to be pissed at him. Pissed about the lies, exaggerations, and using people. Now I just feel sorry for him. He’ll never get it. Good luck to him.

7 months later
    #1897 3 years ago

Where does he have the time to write these novels about nothing? Most small business guys work 16 hr days and still dont have time to crap.

2 weeks later
    #2318 3 years ago

#paytheboob

#2335 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. He theoretically has sent $100. $100 if sent isn’t the full $2000+

Who we kidding, its not sent. If by some miracle it was, it will bounce. Boob will never see it cuz there will always be an excuse.
    3 extra pole positions and two asteroids would easily pay boob off. With money left over. But it will never happen.

#2492 3 years ago

Ha jk

#2516 3 years ago

It doesnt take ups 2 weeks to deliver anything domestically. Just moving the goalposts.

#2687 3 years ago

And lets not forget the dog is dying and needs surgery gambit

#2692 3 years ago

So what did they send you??

#2711 3 years ago

Well good on otaku for sending the parts.

#2723 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Lights on, lights off. The master at Gameseum is onto something new here. Truly amazing!
    [quoted image]

Now we know where the $100 went

1 week later
    #3025 3 years ago

Todd has done a shit ton of good for our hobby. Lets keep the hate where it belongs on the d-bag Otaku himself. Im afraid Stevie has pulled the wool over todds eyes, Todd is as much the victim here. can u imagine trying to be nice to the kid, and the kid stabbing todd in the back making him look bad? Now i dislike otaku even more for deceiving a nice ol guy.

#3027 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but your post makes it sound like Todd doesn't have free will or the smarts to use good judgment or at least get all the facts first before spouting off. Like I said in an earlier post, the fact that he's done good things for the hobby doesn't excuse him from doing something stupid. He's smarter than that. I never said a bad word about the guy, but he went after me like I did something wrong. That's bullshit.

Fair enuf, know that i have always been at Otaku for his crappy behavior. I just think he runs to todd and cries about mean ol pinside. And todd doesnt understand the depth of his lies and manipulation. Steve owes you a new escalera. Period. His behavior is douche bag supreme kinda stuff.

1 week later
    #3271 3 years ago

When are mods going to evict the cancer that Otaku is? He has more shill accounts than ebay at this point. Enough is enough. Boob gets screwed over and now he gets his face shoved back in it. Reverse the charges.

Karma.

#3274 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I doubt yuppicide is Steven since he's been a member here for 8+ years...
    I don't get it though....sucks shirts just cashed in without having a dime going to boob....whole thing got weird though, for sure.

Qui bono
    I mean give the money to boob. I mean wow. Just wow.

#3277 3 years ago

Why not give the shirt and or money to you boob? Why the hell steven? Im going to bed, that turkey has wasted enough of my time already.

#3299 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Gamesmuem parking lot .
    [quoted image]

I thought i was looking into stevens mind there...

#3307 3 years ago
    Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

"F*ck pinball. We've got Galaga"
    -gameseum

Galaga is too respectable for him.

#3413 3 years ago

Wait. You mean arcade operators DONT make more than a surgeon?

#3516 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I hate to say it but this thread will likely go on and on and on. New rant from not Stephen. 3 pages of response. New account blocked. It’s reached a call and response ceremony status. Why ? Because things likely aren’t going so well down at the arcade. And if things aren’t going so well, there must be someone to blame. He knows it can’t possibly be anything he has done. He is a social media genius after all. Thus, if anything goes wrong it must be because of all of us. And here is the other thing he must learn, despite ones passion, despite seemingly doing everything right, sometime business and timing just don’t work out. People don’t come thru the door. Tough lesson to learn. Now despite all the bravado he is gonna have to find a way to survive and it isn’t gonna be easy. Nobody wants to see any business not work out. So I do actually wish him luck in finding a way. But damn if he could just stop being such a narcissistic jerk it would be a helluva lot easier to root for his effort

Very well said. Steven hasnt figured out that in business you cant afford to piss anyone off. Especially a new business.

#3533 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I think I've found our leading man [quoted image]

Dude, you f’n nailed it!

1 week later
    #3764 3 years ago

Either lancaster county is a real shithole or they did indeed inflate the votes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phat_Jay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=Phat_Jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.