Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 The truth about beelzeboob's escalera from beelzeboob himself Posted by beelzeboob (4 years ago)

Post #3337 List of donations received Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #3472 The four different screen names of Steven. Posted by PismoArcade (3 years ago)

Post #3476 Beelzeboob’s status update. Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Post #3807 They also have air hockey. Posted by Electrocute (3 years ago)

Post #3868 The Pinside Escalera Posted by beelzeboob (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Man you guys are mean spirited. I know the dude is a weirdo narcissist but come on. I myself have been guilty of being mean to him due to his begging and stealing from the community. But at the end of the day, he's a kid just trying to start an arcade. We should be encouraging him or just ignoring him not putting him down just to laugh when he fails. Remember what your mother said about if you don't have something nice to say..

what was it he said about nailing somebody's wife here on Pinside?

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys want to pay my car rental, gas, and tolls and buy me lunch for the day, I'll go out there and help Steven out!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys want to pay my car rental, gas, and tolls and buy me lunch for the day, I'll go out there and help Steven out!

I'm in for $20

1 week later
    #433 4 years ago

Steven, I have no doubt that you are reading all of these posts.

In spite of all the horrible, nasty things you have said about Pinside, and the people on Pinside, I've seen a bunch of posts on here saying they hope you are successful. There have even been a few that have said they would come down and help you with your machines. You might consider taking a step back and thinking about that.

You've mentioned several times that you're 'only a kid.' If you could find a way to check a little bit of your ego at the door, maybe be a little bit humble.....these guys are pretty forgiving and could really give you a hand in making your venture a success. And I'm pretty sure all it would cost you is saying 'thank you,' a 6-pack and a pizza, and you'd gain a ton of new friends, and a whole lot of respect.

Just my .02 (actually, I think my $20 towards your sump pump a couple of years ago gives me a little latitude).

#489 4 years ago

There are some pics on the Gameseum Facebook page, along with a video asking for reviews.

#494 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Yep, ask o-din.

Well, we would if we could......

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This kid has to learn the art of NOT typing.
    The word salads he keeps unleashing on his customers and potential customers say nothing with an incredibly large volume of words. This is NOT what people need to be reading, it comes off as a confused mosaic of excuses and non-sequiturs that will only serve to lose him business. The entire hodgepodge he crapped out could have simply been boiled down to "Our team is working to ensure our pinball machines are in top condition. Please bear with us as we make this a reality!" or something.
    You are never going to convince people who are annoyed that your shitty collection of bargain basement, free, and dumpster find pinball machines are not working that they are not annoyed. It doesn't work that way. Tell them what you are doing about the problem and when they can expect it to be fixed. Don't talk down to your customers and tell them they are idiots for thinking a bunch of machines you promised they could play should be working, and that hey, we have a Galaga you can play instead.
    The proprietor acted like a dipshit in various online arcade forums from Day 1, and that's great, he's entitled to do that and has taken advantage of that right just like many before him. But he's in customer service now, and simply can't behave the same way. Customers and potential customers are less likely than ever to respond well to that treatment, and since the only way most humans interact these days is through customer reviews, that's incredibly bad news for his new business venture.
    Stop treating your customers like they are idiots.
    Q: "Why don't you have the full size blue and pink Ms. Pac Man I remember?"
    A: "You are a moron, the ugly, smaller cabaret version is way more awesome!"
    Q: "Why are half of your pinball machines broken?"
    A: "You are in idiot. It's more like 46 percent are broken, and also you moron don't you know that pinball machines are always broken that's just how it is, despite the fact that I told everybody I'm a pinball machine repair pro when I was begging for their money. STFU and come play Super Mario Bros!!!"
    I'm just suggesting a lighter, more direct, and less bullshit infused approach.

When you're 21 you know everything, and everyone else is an idiot. As an assistant golf professional when I was 22 through 25 years old, there wasn't anything you could tell me. My first job as a head professional, same thing. I look back on that now and just shake my head. Fortunately people liked me, a couple of successful business people and long-time golf professionals spent some time with me, and they were a big help. Fortunately I was smart enough to listen.

The same thing with happen with Steven. Hopefully he'll connect with someone that he respects, he'll realize that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason, and he'll look back on all of this and (possibly) wish he'd gone about things a little differently. He may or may not realize the opportunity that was knocking at his door with this great group of guys with all of this knowledge on Pinside.

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

OMG 45 seconds in to this video I'm calling his bullshit. My mall arcade had over 100 machines BITD. This was well before this guy was born. And today we have Galloping Ghost, Funspot and Pinball PA to name a few. He's flat out lying to get people to think that Gameseum is "the place" to play arcade games as if they can't be played anywhere else.

Not defending this kid at all. However, 'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

#604 4 years ago

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.

But.....

He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

#633 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Yes! This is why I get worked up. It coulda been so much more! If he had just asked people who were there what it was like and took their ideas and ran with it. Instead of telling US what it was like. We were there man!

Then open your own place. You could sell your bobble head look-alike's there!

1 week later
    #858 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

The word "Gameseum" is federally trademarked and third party sales are forbidden, as well as slandering a reputable business. Tread carefully, boys!
    Let's not turn a shitty joke consisting of people with nothing better to do with their time into something you'll regret. I thought it was pretty stupid how far it's already been taken, but T-shirts/clothing sales (seriously?) are crossing the line and illegal. Shutting it down early.
    I wish I had as much free time as all of you do. Get a life, I pity a lot of the people here. This is absolutely ridiculous for a bunch of grown men. Get it together.

Pinsiders, my sincerest apologies for saying or doing anything to stick up for Steven. There's been a lot of over-the-top, lousy things thrown around in this thread, some of it that I didn't think was right. Well, I no longer feel that way.

Steven, you are an idiot.

You've had guys and gals on this forum willing to bend over backwards to help you (me included). We've sent you money (some people actually sent you money a couple of times), and you did not use it for what you said you were going to use it for (which, by the way, is AGAINST Go-Fund-Me policies. People get sued for that every day). Maybe you are the one that ought to take a great big step back and just pray that nobody here goes after you for that money.

In spite of all of the nasty, vile things you've said and done to people on this forum, there were STILL a lot of people willing to support you, and wish you the best of luck with your new venture. And this is how you respond.

Steven, you are an idiot.

<<shaking my head>>

Bring it on boys. Let the little bastard have it.

#859 4 years ago

And just for the hell of it, I sent my attorney an email this afternoon. I'm having him check first thing in the morning to see of 'Gameseum' is available for trademark. If it isn't, it was worth paying him $60 for 10 minutes of his time. If it is available, Steve, bidding starts at $5,000 for the name. And if you do not own the trademark, my attorney will be contacting you to remove ALL of your signage at your location, along with every single reference to 'Gameseum' on your social media.

You need to take this very very seriously pal.

#860 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

but I'm making several grand per weekend

My achin' ass you are.

#924 4 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

So what is the update on this?

'Gameseum' is not currently a registered trademark, and the name is available, at least as of 10 a.m. this morning.

#925 4 years ago

gameseum.com is also currently available

#927 4 years ago

gameseum.net is also currently available

#954 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Have you looked up gameseum.org ? Since the place has museum in its name.

gameseum.org is available. I think those are something like $12 to register.

#956 4 years ago

Are there any attorney's here that could donate their time to trademark the name? I'd be happy to pitch in to help with the other expenses involved in doing this. For as funny as it would be to do this I just don't feel like eating $400 per hour to do this on my own.

#1093 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

I can break it down piece by piece, but at this point it would be a waste of time since no one wants to crowd finance it. So I’m out then.

So you've had this posted for about an hour, and you're already 'out'? Makes me wonder......

#1137 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

There is actually a lot of advice in here for Steven and people trying to help him but he doesn’t see it. The www.gameseum.com or .org all people are really are telling you is square that away before someone else does. The sweet pants thing and appearance, you are now a business owner how you and your partner look reflects on how people see your business. No one is telling you to buy a 3 piece suit they are simply saying put on some cargo pants or shorts and comb your hair. If you two look nice people won’t necessarily notice or remember that, but if you two don’t they will. The same goes for your games and your space you want to leave a good impression to keep them coming back.
    My one thing I would suggest is the word humble look it up. Try to understand what it means. Yes there are times in life you will need to stand up for your self and that’s fine. But not everything should be a battle and not everything is someone else fault.
    This is your business do with it as you please you will make it successful or fail.

In spite of everything that Steve has said and done to the folks here on Pinside, people still offer to help him, and all he continues to do is tell them to piss off. Read through all of the comments on this thread alone. What everyone should consider doing is to just ignore him. Don't acknowledge him or his Gameseum. Let him swim or sink on his own. And if he ever does come crawling back, which I wouldn't put past him (especially if he has a pipe break in his building), everyone can collectively tell him to piss off.

#1148 4 years ago

Tim Arnold isn't the poster boy of being dressed like a businessman, but at least the hair isn't all over the place and he has sense enough to wear a polo and something other than sweatpants or sweatshorts. You don't have to try too hard to be presentable. Tim does his own thing, and he's done it well enough and long enough that he can run the place respectably enough to do just fine. But Steve isn't Tim Arnold, and he's possibly in for some doses of hard reality if he's not careful.

My last comments and observations. I don't wish anything bad on Steve. Good luck with your venture.

10902172_web1_PINBALL-APR21-16_004 (resized).jpg10902172_web1_PINBALL-APR21-16_004 (resized).jpg
    #1155 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

He wouldn't even sell pins bought with other people's money to help his dog. I'd love to see him insult someone's wife in person. I hope the gameseum has a good dental plan...

That's horrible to say. That being said, I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face and trying my hardest not to laugh. <<shaking my head>>
    One of the best posts I've seen in a long time. I needed a chuckle tonight.

#1172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

In spite of all the horrible, nasty things you have said about Pinside, and the people on Pinside, I've seen a bunch of posts on here saying they hope you are successful. There have even been a few that have said they would come down and help you with your machines. You might consider taking a step back and thinking about that.
    You've mentioned several times that you're 'only a kid.' If you could find a way to check a little bit of your ego at the door, maybe be a little bit humble.....these guys are pretty forgiving and could really give you a hand in making your venture a success. And I'm pretty sure all it would cost you is saying 'thank you,' a 6-pack and a pizza, and you'd gain a ton of new friends, and a whole lot of respect.
    Just my .02 (actually, I think my $20 towards your sump pump a couple of years ago gives me a little latitude).

Quoted from Dooskie:

When you're 21 you know everything, and everyone else is an idiot. As an assistant golf professional when I was 22 through 25 years old, there wasn't anything you could tell me. My first job as a head professional, same thing. I look back on that now and just shake my head. Fortunately people liked me, a couple of successful business people and long-time golf professionals spent some time with me, and they were a big help. Fortunately I was smart enough to listen.
    The same thing with happen with Steven. Hopefully he'll connect with someone that he respects, he'll realize that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason, and he'll look back on all of this and (possibly) wish he'd gone about things a little differently. He may or may not realize the opportunity that was knocking at his door with this great group of guys with all of this knowledge on Pinside.

Quoted from Dooskie:

Not defending this kid at all. However, 'lying' is a pretty harsh description. 'Fluffing' might be a better term, and every single business does it.

Quoted from Dooskie:

So again, not defending this kid. And it goes without saying that he's made (and continues to make) a ton of mistakes and bad decisions.
    But.....
    He does have his place open. And while I know there are a couple of you guys that have pinball halls, and have fantastic collections, how many of you have (or can say you have) gotten this far along? It's easy to sit back and pile on, but what was it that Teddy Roosevelt said in his 'arena' speech?
    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    Kudo's for that Steven. Hope you can figure a few other things out without getting beat up too bad along the way. And I have no doubt that in 20 years or so, you'll look back at everything you've done the past three years and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

Hey Steven, you're 100% right with every single thing you've said about me. And you know, I've never posted anything nice about you, never tried to pass along what little bit I may have learned throughout my life, never wished you to be successful, and have never stuck up for you on Pinside (and you're right again, you never asked me to). Yeah, some silly things do get posted on this site, and I've posted my share. With me, it's just giving my brain a 10 minute break here and there from what I do for a living. Good luck with your venture. Vos erant 'iens ut postulo.

2 months later
    #1415 4 years ago

What Steven wants more than anything else is to be accepted by the Pinside community. What he refuses to understand (because it's been suggested to him several times) is all it would take would be a slice of humble pie, an apology, and an offer to fix Beelzeboob's Escalera. How 'bout it Steven? The (silver) ball is on your playfield.

#1421 4 years ago

I think what Steven may not realize is that if someone wanted to be a real dick, they could cut-and-paste some of his rants onto the reviews he receives for his Gameseum. How does that saying go? Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it?

#1425 4 years ago

some reviews you can delete, other's not so much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15?tu=Dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.