Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 79.
    #401 4 years ago

Guys he's fine. I'm sure he's thought of all of this and went into this venture with his eyes wide open. Let's just wait and see what happens and hope that he sells that sweet sweet sweat pants merch.

#402 4 years ago

Earlier topic of FB deletions...did anybody recall the comments a lady was asking about an original Pong?

I wanted to reread it next day, but it appeared gone :/

Since it is supposed to be a "hands on museum", and has older games, people keep asking if he has this or that....most of which go unanswered.

A lady inquired about a classic pong game for friend who would love to play one. His statement was something along the lines of how SUPER rare they are, and how they had almost impossible to get/repair tvs in them.

He said something about them having a special Twist (or twisty maybe?) Tube in them that was like impossible....no idea WTF he was talking about, so I just wanted to re read it thinking maybe I missed something.

Guessing someone pointed out his ignorance/arrogance and....bye bye posts....

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I sense a new gofundme soon.

Well of course there will be!

He can't work remember??? He is unable to do any kind of work due to his illness which is how he justified asking for handouts...

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Earlier topic of FB deletions...did anybody recall the comments a lady was asking about an original Pong?
    I wanted to reread it next day, but it appeared gone :/
    Since it is supposed to be a "hands on museum", and has older games, people keep asking if he has this or that....most of which go unanswered.
    A lady inquired about a classic pong game for friend who would love to play one. His statement was something along the lines of how SUPER rare they are, and how they had almost impossible to get/repair tvs in them.
    He said something about them having a special Twist (or twisty maybe?) Tube in them that was like impossible....no idea WTF he was talking about, so I just wanted to re read it thinking maybe I missed something.
    Guessing someone pointed out his ignorance/arrogance and....bye bye posts....

The dude can sling some bullshit with the best of them which is another one of his better qualities when it comes to salesmanship and promotion. He almost had ME thinking that ratty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man is "much more desirable!" than the full-size.

I hate to belabor the point but can you imagine if the guy had a pair of actual pants? I'm not even kidding, he'd be unstoppable. I know you are reading this Steve, I like your gumption. LET ME BUY YOU PANTS!!!

You know where to find me!

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The dude can sling some bullshit with the best of them which is another one of his better qualities when it comes to salesmanship and promotion. He almost had ME thinking that ratty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man is "much more desirable!" than the full-size.
    I hate to belabor the point but can you imagine if the guy had a pair of actual pants? I'm not even kidding, he'd be unstoppable. I know you are reading this Steve, I like your gumption. LET ME BUY YOU PANTS!!!
    You know where to find me!

Now then.....WTF is a twist / twisty tube??? I only had 2 thoughts pop into head when I originally read this....CFL light bulbs or Dairy Queen Twist Cones....

I REALLY wish I would have saved a screenshot to reread later :/

#406 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I can’t believe noone local hasn’t dropped by to check out this place and post more info here.
    I’d be happy to make a donation to pinside if someone would pay the $5 entry fee,check the place out and report back.
    Also no one has responded to the question I posted last week. I know there are some arcade owners posting in this thread so they would have an idea as to approx how expensive a monthly electric bill would be having approx 40-50 pins and video games on for 12 hrs a day every day for a month.

They all went yesterday. He was closed

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

They all went yesterday. He was closed

They should have gone in middle of week...they were open till midnight on a Thursday work night for many.

Was probably packed though....

#408 4 years ago

If it was packed, he would of posted pics!

#409 4 years ago

#410 4 years ago

I honestly thought this said GAME SCUM when I first saw it. Looks like they have a new layout already though! Guess they were doing that yesterday. No pics yet.

gamescum (resized).pnggamescum (resized).png
    #411 4 years ago

I noticed his website doesn't list the game titles he has. Listing would be a big draw, or not depending on the games he has.

#412 4 years ago

I seriously STILL looking for pics of party/event room(s) and the home game console area, and especially the museum items...

Am I missing something?

#413 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

He really missed the boat by not opening this at the beginning of pride month. Those queens woulda really packed the joint all month long.
    oh wait, this is an arcade and not a gay museum? I'm super confused

#414 4 years ago

Planning a trip for July 20th. This seems to be the newer grand opening date so I assume there will be a push to get things working as much as possible. Maybe I will throw together a bag of parts to donate.

#415 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #416 4 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Hopefully the dude has budgeted and such

Somehow, I seriously doubt the dude knows what 'budget' means. I also suspect (since I'm just throwing out speculations now) that his folks funded this venture - and that it's their name on the lease. If that's true, it may stay open as long as they keep paying the rent/bills. Perhaps they are looking to sell Grandma's house - needed to get all the games out of her basement - and figured this option was just as good as putting them all in storage.

#417 4 years ago

I have also suspected a backer on the money end, and the maintenance end.

#418 4 years ago

I wish the kid the best in his adventure. We've all been there....Young and dumb, it's those experiences that help you learn and become successful.

#419 4 years ago

Freshly finished indoor game room certainly does sound like a nicer place for his equipment than a storage....or wet basement at least, I'll say that

#420 4 years ago

Can somebody please confirm if there's a Williams Darling or Jubilee set up there?

#421 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Can somebody please confirm if there's a Williams Darling or Jubilee set up there?

Wouldn't that require someone from Pinside actually going onsite? Doesn't seem like there's a rush for any Pinsiders to get there...

#422 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I wish the kid the best in his adventure. We've all been there....Young and dumb, it's those experiences that help you learn and become successful.

I think the “kid ticket” expires at the age of 22. That’s 4 years after high school. He certainly has gotten the most out of his.

#423 4 years ago

We will visit but it's going to be another 3-4 weeks before we have a chance.

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshPA:

We will visit but it's going to be another 3-4 weeks before we have a chance.

I thought someone just said 7/20?

#425 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

We've all been there....Young and dumb, it's those experiences that help you learn and become successful.

Yes but when there's no risk of failure those lessons take a lot longer to learn, if ever. For example, near the Gameseum on the corner of an alley bearing the owner's family name is a computer/cell phone repair shop. He has lost his ass numerous times but his family always comes through with a check for $10-15K to get him back on track. Inherited money, not earned. Consequently he's still doing dumb shit like bringing a thermos of vodka to work or trading labor for customers' Adderall scripts - at the age of 40! The cops have been in there so many times they goof on him when they see him at the gas station. That's nothing to be proud of.

#426 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think the “kid ticket” expires at the age of 22. That’s 4 years after high school. He certainly has gotten the most out of his.

I would say 25 for his generation. They weren’t given the same freedom from their baby boom parents to do things on their own. People always say kids today grow up too fast. I say it’s the opposite.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I mean before we have a chance to get out there - our schedule is the issue.

#428 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Post #414

#429 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I can’t believe noone local hasn’t dropped by to check out this place and post more info here.
    I’d be happy to make a donation to pinside if someone would pay the $5 entry fee,check the place out and report back.

I literally live 10 minutes away and have no plans on going. My wife works at the Amvets club a few blocks away from him and I'd rather go there to play their Munsters and shoot some pool, while having actual food and drinks.
    I'm seriously growing tired of every time a news article is posted about the place on Facebook, a couple people inevitably tag me in the post "Greg, did you see this?!" Why would I pay somebody to play dumpster games that are older than me when I have a thriving collection at home that puts his arcade to shame?
    On that note . . . If anybody actually makes the trip there. Hit me up once you're bored within 30 minutes or so. I may be home and I'll gladly host some gameplay and beer drinkin.

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

I literally live 10 minutes away and have no plans on going. .

We need actual pics though!
    Sweatpants and all

#431 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

I literally live 10 minutes away and have no plans on going. My wife works at the Amvets club a few blocks away from him and I'd rather go there to play their Munsters and shoot some pool, while having actual food and drinks.
    I'm seriously growing tired of every time a news article is posted about the place on Facebook, a couple people inevitably tag me in the post "Greg, did you see this?!" Why would I pay somebody to play dumpster games that are older than me when I have a thriving collection at home that puts his arcade to shame?
    On that note . . . If anybody actually makes the trip there. Hit me up once you're bored within 30 minutes or so. I may be home and I'll gladly host some gameplay and beer drinkin.

This, I'd be down with!

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

I'd love to see some of your games...

#433 4 years ago

Steven, I have no doubt that you are reading all of these posts.

In spite of all the horrible, nasty things you have said about Pinside, and the people on Pinside, I've seen a bunch of posts on here saying they hope you are successful. There have even been a few that have said they would come down and help you with your machines. You might consider taking a step back and thinking about that.

You've mentioned several times that you're 'only a kid.' If you could find a way to check a little bit of your ego at the door, maybe be a little bit humble.....these guys are pretty forgiving and could really give you a hand in making your venture a success. And I'm pretty sure all it would cost you is saying 'thank you,' a 6-pack and a pizza, and you'd gain a ton of new friends, and a whole lot of respect.

Just my .02 (actually, I think my $20 towards your sump pump a couple of years ago gives me a little latitude).

#434 4 years ago

I'll buy the Dominos pizzas.

#435 4 years ago

He should try to mobilize a small army of helpful Pinsiders to come visit on a Saturday and knock through a bunch of the issues with the machines. It would be an olive branch to the community and I bet he'd get some takers.

#436 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

He should try to mobilize a small army of helpful Pinsiders to come visit on a Saturday and knock through a bunch of the issues with the machines. It would be an olive branch to the community and I bet he'd get some takers.

"Not it!"

#437 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinBackpacker:

He’s burned a lot of bridges. It’s gonna take awhile.

#438 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

He’s burned a lot of bridges. It’s gonna take awhile.

Besides, he wrote the run on sentence about pinball repair....he doesn't need veteran techs/collectors showing him up.....well....ok, except maybe how to remove 3 screws from a flipper bushing........

#439 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Besides, he wrote the run on sentence about pinball repair....he doesn't need veteran techs/collectors showing him up.....well....ok, except maybe how to remove 3 screws from a flipper bushing........

And how to replace missing leg bolts...

#440 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:And how to replace missing leg bolts...

You can’t replace what’s already missing

#441 4 years ago

Found ourselves with some time to kill in Westfield NJ yesterday. Saw games listed on Pinmap at "Yestercades". Looks like they have 3 locations in NJ. I know it isn't a unique idea -- a barcade without the bar-- but they pull it off well. 19 pins in various conditions, and then a ton of video games, places to play console games, etc. Exactly what he is looking to pull off. Place was packed. Of course all you need is a bucket of cash to make it happen...

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

In spite of all the horrible, nasty things you have said about Pinside, and the people on Pinside, I've seen a bunch of posts on here saying they hope you are successful. There have even been a few that have said they would come down and help you with your machines. You might consider taking a step back and thinking about that.
    You've mentioned several times that you're 'only a kid.' If you could find a way to check a little bit of your ego at the door, maybe be a little bit humble.....these guys are pretty forgiving and could really give you a hand in making your venture a success. And I'm pretty sure all it would cost you is saying 'thank you,' a 6-pack and a pizza, and you'd gain a ton of new friends, and a whole lot of respect.
    Just my .02 (actually, I think my $20 towards your sump pump a couple of years ago gives me a little latitude).

That WAS awful nice of you to pay for 5 percent of that Team One he bought at Allentown 2 weeks later.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

He could have a sleepover sweatpants, pajama repair party.

#444 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

And how to replace missing leg bolts...

Why invest in leg bolts on a machine you paid nothing for?

#445 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

And you really think he's going to listen? Pizzas and six-packs cost money.

#446 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

And you really think he's going to listen? Pizzas and six-packs cost money.

I got the Dominos.

#447 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I got the Dominos.

May I suggest little ceasers 5 dollar pizza instead?....

#448 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Or maybe jacks $2 frozen pizzas lol.....while supplies last

#449 4 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Or maybe jacks $2 frozen pizzas lol.....while supplies last

Is there an oven on premises? And if there is, does it work?

#450 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Worst pizza ever.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.