Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 79.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Comments that he doesn't like seem to be quickly removed. I swear I've seen some people questioning stuff, then they weren't there...

He removes all sorts of stuff. One person posted asking what happened to Confetti Arcade in Berkshire mall because she had a bunch of unused tokens. I replied that they had moved some of their machines to Coventry mall and she could use up her tokens there. He deleted my comment and told her they closed, then PM'ed me and said he knew they were at Coventry now but it was a small unmanned location. Didn't affect him one way or the other, just seemed petty. Certainly didn't care about her legitimate question.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

He removes all sorts of stuff. One person posted asking what happened to Confetti Arcade in Berkshire mall because she had a bunch of unused tokens. I replied that they had moved some of their machines to Coventry mall and she could use up her tokens there. He deleted my comment and told her they closed, then PM'ed me and said he knew they were at Coventry now but it was a small unmanned location. Didn't affect him one way or the other, just seemed petty. Certainly didn't care about her legitimate question.

Since these are types of actions I am currently seeing by a "business owner", can I rate him on that??

#353 4 years ago

On a more positive note(past actions ignored) I’m glad he finally got his place opened. Any pinball that’s open to the general public is good pinball as far as I’m concerned.
    In the long run I think he’s in for a harsh reality..
    What I’m wondering is what the estimated monthly electric bill alone on a small arcade this size would be ? Especially if games are on All day.

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Since these are types of actions I am currently seeing by a "business owner", can I rate him on that??

By a downvote to me, I'm guessing no

#355 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I was also someone who had some things removed...and they weren't negative toward business, just questions.

Ohh well.

#356 4 years ago

I take the opposite approach. See my Google reviews from Starport. I like to listen to critiques and have a staff/MGMT meeting concerning potential issues. I always invite the individual on the reviews to email me directly and I try to keep an open dialogue until the issue is resolved or discussed. Deleting comments or banishing people was never my MO. I think he should take the comments as constructive and use them to his potential advantage. Most people do have genuine concerns and they would like to have the best experience possible.

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

3) to anyone who doubted that food would be served it definitely was.

At least he cut the cookies into pieces.

Behold his new outfit.

IMG_5306 (resized).JPGIMG_5306 (resized).JPG
    #358 4 years ago

Here is some other info found on the website.
    1) most importantly it appears that the dog got the treatment it needed and is alive. (No update on how grandmas basement has faired with the recent flooding rains the area has received , but the machines are moved so I guess that’s her problem to deal with.
    2) I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think the look on the news persons face screams I’m going to scrub myself raw as soon as possible!
    3) to anyone who doubted that food would be served it definitely was.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW after seeing that picture I’ve got Dueling Banjos playing in my head

#359 4 years ago

Just saw on Facebook that he's closing all day Monday. Here we go.

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Just saw on Facebook that hes closing all day Monday. Here we go.

Well, he's gotta fix that flipper.

#361 4 years ago

I wish him success, but know that even keeping a a dozen games for a day will usually means a repair or two. Sometimes is it basic adjustment, sometimes not. I can only imagine running 70+ hours per week with 40 games.

#362 4 years ago

dup post..sorry

#363 4 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo71:

I wish him success, but know that even keeping a a dozen games for a day will usually means a repair or two. Sometimes is it basic adjustment, sometimes not. I can only imagine running 70+ hours per week with 40 games.

Preventive maintenance is key. We put a number of plays on each game at our major sites. If the game is up for a shop out, then it is pulled. Obviously top earners come back quickly but they still never get to a point where they are in bad shape. This will be the achillies heal. If the work is put in then it will become easier. If it is not then it will be an uphill battle to retain customers. I don't want to see anyone fail so I hope he can regiment himself the time his collection of games deserves. Good luck. Have fun!

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Just saw on Facebook that hes closing all day Monday. Here we go.

Well... my estimate was 2 weeks before the hours collapsed... and 45 days before the doors were locked.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Well... my estimate was 2 weeks before the hours collapsed... and 45 days before the doors were locked.

That's why I am open everyday. No one has to question if we are open because we are always open.

#366 4 years ago

Without even being mean, I SINCERELY don't think it is wise to open a new business of ANY kind without as near as can get 100 percent equipment running.

If you go into it upside down, it may greatly increase your likelihood of staying that way or even falling back worse; Very quickly.

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Without even being mean, I SINCERELY don't think it is wise to open a new business of ANY kind without as near as can get 100 percent equipment running.
    If you go into it upside down, it may greatly increase your likelihood of staying that way or even falling back worse; Very quickly.

100% of equipment running, and cash flow on hand for at least 3-4 months of potential loss or insufficient profits to cover costs, should that occur.

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

100% of equipment running, and cash flow on hand for at least 3-4 months of potential loss or insufficient profits to cover costs, should that occur.

Sooo...not already closing for a day only a week in; After changing grand opening last minute and saying they will be running all normal hours currently, though?

This comment is at least 3rd one I've seen already about people disappointed after planning on taking child/spouse for birthday etc and either not getting to or not being able to play what they planned on going for.

But comments don't seem to stay up too long.
    Screenshot_2019-07-08-11-12-42 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-08-11-12-42 (resized).pngEffect_20190708_111348 (resized).jpgEffect_20190708_111348 (resized).jpg

#369 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

This comment is at least 3rd one I've seen already about people disappointed after planning on taking child/spouse for birthday etc and either not getting to or not being able to play what they planned on going for.
    But comments don't seem to stay up too long.

Yeah, I’m not big on social media platforms like FB, etc. But for the life of me I don’t understand why a user is able to remove comments. Doesn’t really paint an honest picture of a company if you can’t see all the comments, good and bad.

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, I’m not big on social media platforms like FB, etc. But for the life of me I don’t understand why a user is able to remove comments. Doesn’t really paint an honest picture of a company if you can’t see all the comments, good and bad.

I don't use much either, but finally got sucked in a little because of business info pages and various hobby groups. So I thought I was losing it trying to find previous comments/posts on there until some other people mentioned same thing about they can remove.

#371 4 years ago

A little short on leg bolts, I've noticed:

bolts (resized).pngbolts (resized).png
    #372 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A little short on leg bolts, I've noticed:[quoted image]

Dear lord.

Someone donate some old leg bolts please. I throw out about 100 a year.

Most likely the cab plates are stripped and he hasn't bothered replacing/fixing them. All well and good until a game collapses on an 8 year old.

#373 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dear lord.
    Someone donate some old leg bolts please. I throw out about 100 a year.
    Most likely the cab plates are stripped and he hasn't bothered replacing/fixing them. All well and good until a game collapses on an 8 year old.

Hope he has good insurance!

#374 4 years ago

A little short on leg bolts, I've noticed:

A little “sweatshort” on leg bolts. I just threw out a large box of used ones.

#375 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Hope he has good insurance!

Insurance is pointless if you don't have enough assets to compensate the lawyer. What is the lawyer going to split the games with the plaintiff? They aren't worth it!

#376 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Insurance is pointless if you don't have enough assets to compensate the lawyer. What is the lawyer going to split the games with the plaintiff? They aren't worth it!

The insurance carrier customarily assigns an in-house or contracted attorney to the case.

#377 4 years ago

The leg bolt gofundme is just around the corner I'm sure.

Or this angle might work, which seems to be his go to when someone asks him why he only has the ugly shitty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man instead of the full-size that everybody prefers:

"Games without leg bolts are actually MUCH RARER than games with a full set of 8 leg bolts, and much more desirable!"

#378 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

Liability insurance, not insurance on the moldy assets.

#379 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Stern does it all the time on their Facebook page.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The leg bolt gofundme is just around the corner I'm sure.
    Or this angle might work, which seems to be his go to when someone asks him why he only has the ugly shitty cabaret Ms. Pac-Man instead of the full-size that everybody prefers:
    "Games without leg bolts are actually MUCH RARER than games with a full set of 8 leg bolts, and much more desirable!"

LMAO....good one Levi.

#381 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Liability insurance, not insurance on the moldy assets.

It's in an LLC, so who knows what the articles of the LLC entail. May be name only and games are "rented" or something...so when that kid that is smashed under machine sues, the llc just folds with little assets to even lose.

#382 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

It's in an LLC, so who knows what the articles of the LLC entail. May be name only and games are "rented" or something...so when that kid that is smashed under machine sues, the llc just folds with little assets to even lose.

I also wonder if he has ground prongs on the power plugs intact on all the machines. Its great when you walk up to a machine, start a game...then feel the tingle.

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I also wonder if he has ground prongs on the power plugs intact on all the machines. Its great when you walk up to a machine, start a game...then feel the tingle.

If you enjoy the tingle, you're supposed to pay extra/tip just like up the road

#384 4 years ago

A little short on leg bolts, I've noticed:[quoted image]

Maybe machines sat too long and bolts dissolved? You know how unreliable those EM parts are!

#385 4 years ago

Yelp won't let you remove comments very easily. Even if it's because you kicked two guys out for doing blow in a bathroom stall & they team up to turn their first review into a 1-star rager about how you're anti-LGBTQ. They're like the PayPal of review sites. Always siding with the customer.

#386 4 years ago

Guess it’s a “soft closing” which will be followed by the “Grand Opening” which be followed by the ................

#387 4 years ago

This guy only opened a little over a week ago and it's already starting to look like Rusty Quarters all over again. That guy used to close his arcade to go across the street to watch a movie. Search KLOV if you're unaware.

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

The owner of paid-for FB pages controls what is on the page. Just like teevee and print ads.

#389 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Guess it’s a “soft closing” which will be followed by the “Grand Opening” which be followed by the ................

I feel bad posting this, but I couldn't stop thinking of this:

#390 4 years ago

I can’t believe noone local hasn’t dropped by to check out this place and post more info here.
    I’d be happy to make a donation to pinside if someone would pay the $5 entry fee,check the place out and report back.
    Also no one has responded to the question I posted last week. I know there are some arcade owners posting in this thread so they would have an idea as to approx how expensive a monthly electric bill would be having approx 40-50 pins and video games on for 12 hrs a day every day for a month.

#391 4 years ago

I can’t believe noone local hasn’t dropped by to check out this place and post more info here.
    I’d be happy to make a donation to pinside if someone would pay the $5 entry fee,check the place out and report back.
    Also no one has responded to the question I posted last week. I know there are some arcade owners posting in this thread so they would have an idea as to approx how expensive a monthly electric bill would be having approx 40-50 pins and video games on for 12 hrs a day every day for a month.

I can't speak for what his bill is, but he is locked into Ephrata Borough electric as his provider. Residents and businesses in the borough are not allowed to enter into the Pennsylvania electric choice program that lets you shop your rates for the cheapest provider. Since Ephrata Borough has a monopoly on electric, you get the added benefit of paying a higher than average rate, which pays for things like the fireworks on the 4th of July and other borough initiatives.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #392 4 years ago

A pinball machine uses around 200 Watts when in attract mode, so lets use that number.
    50 pins will use 10,000 Watts

Electric there is about, lets call it 13 cents a kilowatt hour. So per hour that's 10 KWH * .13 = $1.30 an hour, times 12 and then times 30 = $468 a month.

Well and there are lights and other stuff plus the base charge. And the games will use more than 200 watts when being played. Lets call it $700 a month.

ok, blow holes in my math. GO

#393 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

A pinball machine uses around 200 Watts when in attract mode, so lets use that number.
    50 pins will use 10,000 Watts
    Electric there is about, lets call it 13 cents a kilowatt hour. So per hour that's 10 KWH * .13 = $1.30 an hour, times 12 and then times 30 = $468 a month.
    Well and there are lights and other stuff plus the base charge. And the games will use more than 200 watts when being played. Lets call it $700 a month.
    ok, blow holes in my math. GO

I can see why these bigger museums invest in LED's for their machines...the electricity savings would be pretty significant.

Basically, he needs 7 paid all-day admissions a week to keep the lights on.

#394 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I can see why these bigger museums invest in LED's for their machines...the electricity savings would be pretty significant.

That's true, probably save 50-75 watts a machine with LED's. That would add up if you have 50 for sure

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

His machines use only original 44s, these are far more desirable and collectible.

#396 4 years ago

I don't know how hot it gets out there, but air conditioning can be the real killer.
    Couple all those machines running at once with the amount of physical people all generating heat.

#397 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I don't know how hot it gets out there, but air conditioning can be the real killer.
    Couple all those machines running at once with the amount of physical people all generating heat.

oh yeah! Forgot about A/C ha ha. Double that bill easily. Now we're talking $1500/month. oops

#398 4 years ago

But he saves money by using only 4 leg bolts per machine

#399 4 years ago

Yup, I know from experience those AC units in the wall draw a ton of power. Hopefully the dude has budgeted and such.

#400 4 years ago

I sense a new gofundme soon.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/8?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.