Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 79.
    #301 4 years ago

I’ll cover the $25 entrance fee.

#302 4 years ago

I will not chip in to help Levi repair the machines, but I will gladly throw a couple bucks toward getting him an appointment at the rub and tug next door as a reward for dealing with that mess all day.

#303 4 years ago

Ill cover the flipper part

#304 4 years ago

It wouldn't make a difference. Even if Levi could get down there and fixed the flippers, he's not going to go through every machine and give it it a proper shop job like should have been done months ago.

Look at the facebook screenshot Levi posted. The dude doesn't even want to do a full flipper rebuild on a game going on location that has been in storage. WTF is this kid thinking...

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

It wouldn't make a difference. Even if Levi could get down there and fixed the flippers, he's not going to go through every machine and give it it a proper shop job like should have been done months ago.
    Look at the facebook screenshot Levi posted. The dude doesn't even want to do a full flipper rebuild on a game going on location that has been in storage. WTF is this kid thinking...

DUDE, Otaku repair guides man! That's where it's at. Save TONS of money....screw all those old people who don't know a damn thing!

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Because spending $100 on a shop out means he can't spend that $100 on another yard sale pile of crap that he will never sell and get that capital back out of. It's basically hoarder sickness. And being a hoarder before all else without being independently wealthy is a terrible business move. Many locals quit going to the other arcade place semi-near him because the owner refuses to fix machines or even make tweaks to keep them playable. Absolutely refuses to adjust the scoop power setting on Ghostbusters so it doesn't shoot SDTM. He's had it three years now. Another machine has no leg levelers on it and is unplayable. It's almost like you have to be stubborn to a fault to get in this biz.

#308 4 years ago

DAMN!!!

Better than ENTIRE community knowledge base on Pinside, KLOV, Clay guides, Lloyd, pinwiki, pinball ninja, pinrepair, etc all put together!!!!

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

DAMN!!!
    Better than ENTIRE community knowledge base on Pinside, KLOV, Clay guides, Lloyd, pinwiki, pinball ninja, pinrepair, etc all put together!!!!

Left out VId....sorry VID......here's to you specifically!

#310 4 years ago

Come on down and play our rescued from a Dumpster, Found Free at Curbside, and Mouse Nest Barn Finds all at one location !

#311 4 years ago

"Permanent darker arcade is the plan".

Uhmmm.....now where did that old post/comment go about how this place wasn't going to be "dark" like those shit ass 80s arcades that he apparently has a recollection of?

Screenshot_2019-07-01-17-31-08 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-07-01-17-31-08 (resized).png
    #312 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

.screw all those old people who don't know a damn thing!

Don't trust anyone over 40 to fix your pinball machines!

#313 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

"Permanent darker arcade is the plan".
    Uhmmm.....now where did that old post/comment go about how this place wasn't going to be "dark" like those shit ass 80s arcades that he apparently has a recollection of?

IMG_9134 (resized).PNGIMG_9134 (resized).PNG
    #314 4 years ago

What that place needs is some loud music and a disco ball! It needs to liven up a little!

#315 4 years ago

I think we should all drive there, take selfies outside to post, and not go in. Would be fitting after his behavior here.

#316 4 years ago

If I’m in the area I will 100 percent pay my 20 bucks and go in. So should you!

#317 4 years ago

I'm on the fence on that one....what does the rub and tug charge?

#318 4 years ago

If only there was a website or forum where he could ask questions and get answers and advice from experienced collectors and professionals. Oh, wait............

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I’m ever in the area, I’d visit some other places. Plenty of nice collections in PA.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys want to pay my car rental, gas, and tolls and buy me lunch for the day, I'll go out there and help Steven out!

If you are keen to go there for a day, I’ll contribute $100 NZD towards the costs.

Go teach the kid a few Levi tricks, and he will be richer for the experience.

rd

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If you are keen to go there for a day, I’ll contribute $100 NZD towards the costs.
    Go teach the kid a few Levi tricks, and he will be richer for the experience.
    rd

Agreed I'd be in for $25 usd

#322 4 years ago

Come on guys, a dark arcade - that's crazy talk! Everyone knows the arcades of yesteryear were dark to make them dank and seedy and had nothing to do with atmosphere. I don't want to see the crt's and prefer as much overhead light glare as possible. Geese are you guys stupid?!?

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Come on guys, a dark arcade - that's crazy talk! Everyone knows the arcades of yesteryear were dark to make them dank and seedy and had nothing to do with atmosphere. I don't want to see the crt's and prefer as much overhead light glare as possible. Geese are you guys stupid!

WTF. Where have you been???? We're all STUPID...

#324 4 years ago

And old

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I hope he sells merchandise.
    I’m kind of hoping for a Gameseum T-shirt to rock at shows.
    Or maybe some logo sweatpants.

Holy shit. How did someone just think of this! Seriously, if he sold Gameseum sweatpants I think he would actually make some money just from the Pinsiders buying them ironically. It's too perfect!

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Come on guys, a dark arcade - that's crazy talk!

Not a drop of natural light in this shitbox!

BC5E07DA-85C9-438A-B64C-A1B958B7A804 (resized).jpegBC5E07DA-85C9-438A-B64C-A1B958B7A804 (resized).jpeg
    #327 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's pretty depressing. Apparently he doesn't know what a flipper bushing is or how to remove one. Reading through the thread it's also apparent that he wants to fix this issue without using any new parts or even taking the assembly completely apart. Lazy and broke is a tough combo for keeping a ton of EM beaters running.
    I hope there's someone in Ephrata with some experience who he hasn't pissed off yet that can help him out. I'd do it but I'm 2 hours away. My personal advice is it's probably the bushing, or the flipper itself is binding and needs to be adjusted. Should be an easy issue to fix really. Step 1? Take the flipper apart. A lot of work, I know (could take 15 minutes!!!), but you gotta bite the bullet on this one.
    [quoted image]

Oh my god. Even I know how to rebuild a flipper, and I’m basically a moron.

As Levi learned at the show - I did not even know how to remove the backbox of a classic Stern until this weekend. LOL

Us young guys need the veterans to pass the knowledge down to us, you’d think Otaku would wanna be nicer.

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Oh my god. Even I know how to rebuild a flipper, and I’m basically a moron.
    As Levi learned at the show - I did not even know how to remove the backbox of a classic Stern until this weekend. LOL
    Us young guys need the veterans to pass the knowledge down to us, you’d think Otaku would wanna be nicer.

Lol

Well you are a quick learner at least!

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol
    Well you are a quick learner at least!

Classic Stern Knowledge, a Free McDonalds Hamburger, Sweatpants jokes - you’re the coolest. LOL

I am volunteering to go to PA and help this kid for a day or two, all he has to do is ask. I know how to operate a vacuum to remove mouse turds and how to install Bounce dryer sheets inside cabinets.

#330 4 years ago

Have an arcade with tons of pinball machines and games with crt monitors requires maintenance frequently. There's going to have to be a commitment and dedication to what is at the establishment of at least 40-50 hours per week. I know how much we spend with my route on just preventive maintenance so he will certainly need some cash flow if he is expecting to be running at capacity.

Good luck!

#331 4 years ago

It gets worse... they’re playing clueless

Quoted from jahbarron:

Not a drop of natural light in this shitbox![quoted image]

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Not a drop of natural light in this shitbox![quoted image]

Is that Emporium in San Francisco?
    Sticky floor in that place.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Is that Emporium in San Francisco?
    Sticky floor in that place.

That’s probably all of the Hennessy getting spilled because it’s too dark to see your drank.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you guys want to pay my car rental, gas, and tolls and buy me lunch for the day, I'll go out there and help Steven out!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm in for $20

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd

So what’s that, like 50 cents US? I’d throw in 10 bucks.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

So what’s that, like 50 cents US? I’d throw in 10 bucks.

Think it's around $60-65. It was a month ago anyhow.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Think it's around $60-65. It was a month ago anyhow.

dbed2fa3323085c90b7e2f9a15d17cf6 (resized).jpgdbed2fa3323085c90b7e2f9a15d17cf6 (resized).jpg
    #338 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm in for $20, but only if you wear sweatpants when you get there and post a picture on this thread.

#339 4 years ago

I’ll buy you guys some Dominos pizzas

#340 4 years ago

Where are the pics / reviews of Gameseum?

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The games he buys or are given are often total garbage. The fact that he doesn't know how flippers works makes the fact that he thinks these games are ready for public use even more alarming.
    He went after Lloyd from Coin Op Warehouse last year for "stealing" a ratty, mold covered Spinout from him on a Facebook sale, whining about how Lloyd is a jerk off for "flipping games" blah blah blah - you know, for doing what he's been doing for eons to feed himself and pay the bills. Hauling ratty old games out of basements for small profit margins might not be as glamorous as begging for money on the internet but it's honest and difficult work, not the kind of thing a lazy entitled wannabe should be bagging on.
    Shouldn't surprise anybody who knows his body of work - Steve LOVES going after hard working, honest people who have been making their living AND contributing to the pinball hobby and community for decades before he ever slipped on his first pair of sweatpants. But his complete misunderstanding about how the world works never ceases to amaze me. Nobody owes you anything, not 5 changes to a shipping address for your order of $25 worth of parts, nor first dibs on a moldy, $150 Gottlieb Spinout that you want to charge the public to play.
    You'd really think he'd be more friendly to the vets around here, people who could offer him help on why his flippers aren't working. Nothing Steve does really surprises me any more, but I have to say even I'm shocked that the proprietor of a "museum" for EM pinball machines is asking for advice on how to make his EM flippers work. If you can't handle that I don't see how you are going to be able to maintain any kind of of functioning inventory.
    I say this with no joy because we need all the arcades we can get, but I'm giving the Gameseum 6 months.

dont cry for lloyd. he buys pins and games from widows for penny on the dollar and sells them for thousands. his family is doing very well i wouldnt worry much. he aint personally carrying moldy pins out of basements to make 10 bucks. most dumbest post you ever made.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

most dumbest post you ever made.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Facebook live this event, please. I will buy younyour favorite entree at the Allentown flea if you do

Frasky

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Facebook live this event, please. I will buy younyour favorite entree at the Allentown flea if you do
    Frasky

I will also have a custom pair of sweatpants made just for the event

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Where are the pics / reviews of Gameseum?

Here are some google reviews...
    Pretty funny that he gives himself a 5 star review!!!

6A515CE8-8558-4AA9-B200-941780EDF4B0 (resized).jpeg6A515CE8-8558-4AA9-B200-941780EDF4B0 (resized).jpegDF9CC3F4-ED2C-45F4-9B3D-3C45555CFCFE (resized).jpegDF9CC3F4-ED2C-45F4-9B3D-3C45555CFCFE (resized).jpeg
    #346 4 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Pretty funny that he gives himself a 5 star review!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Comments that he doesn't like seem to be quickly removed. I swear I've seen some people questioning stuff, then they weren't there...

#347 4 years ago

Gives himself 5 stars knowing his stuff doesn’t work! Bar must be set low.

#348 4 years ago

Here is some other info found on the website.
    1) most importantly it appears that the dog got the treatment it needed and is alive. (No update on how grandmas basement has faired with the recent flooding rains the area has received , but the machines are moved so I guess that’s her problem to deal with.
    2) I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think the look on the news persons face screams I’m going to scrub myself raw as soon as possible!
    3) to anyone who doubted that food would be served it definitely was.

23E11DE7-C8C0-4B20-8039-545FE1996A41 (resized).jpeg23E11DE7-C8C0-4B20-8039-545FE1996A41 (resized).jpeg61CC9C9B-1FC0-4E49-BC82-7DE622F070F9 (resized).jpeg61CC9C9B-1FC0-4E49-BC82-7DE622F070F9 (resized).jpegD07F4EC9-272A-4A88-A19A-4F384922D060 (resized).jpegD07F4EC9-272A-4A88-A19A-4F384922D060 (resized).jpeg
    #349 4 years ago

Here is some other info found on the website.
    1) most importantly it appears that the dog got the treatment it needed and is alive. (No update on how grandmas basement has faired with the recent flooding rains the area has received , but the machines are moved so I guess that’s her problem to deal with.
    2) I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think the look on the news persons face screams I’m going to scrub myself raw as soon as possible!
    3) to anyone who doubted that food would be served it definitely was.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They must not have had any event tables to put food on...

#350 4 years ago

Pretty funny that he gives himself a 5 star review!!![quoted image][quoted image]

The one star review he got seems kind of petty and vindictive based on past BS and nothing to do with his current business.
    Fail or succeed, people should let that happen organically by his own doing and not do shit to sabotage him out of spite.

EDIT: and yes, giving yourself a review is funny as hell. At least have your friends and family to do it if you need to bump your rating

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/7?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.