Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 79.
    #3651 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I want to see what kind of response this question gets:[quoted image]

I am imagining Steven standing behind his customer just waiting to swoop in and clean a game when they're done. Like the ball boys in tennis

#3652 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am imagining Steven standing behind his customer just waiting to swoop in and clean a game when they're done. Like the ball boys in tennis

Nah he’s got his g/f , fiancé, Wife to do
    That. When you’re a successful entrepreneur with mad internet marketing abilities making the salary of a thoracic surgeon you don’t have time for that!

#3653 3 years ago

With matching sweat bands?

#3654 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

With matching sweat bands?

Wrist and head bands, with a picture of himself on his shirt welcoming you...

#3655 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Nah he’s got his g/f , fiancé, Wife to do
    That. When you’re a successful entrepreneur with mad internet marketing abilities making the salary of a thoracic surgeon you don’t have time for that!

Amusingly, the pictures he posted of that action do not depict his ambiguously significant other.

#3656 3 years ago

Everyone talking about him needing decor... basically talking about moving deck chairs on the Titanic, people!

#3657 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Amusingly, the pictures he posted of that action do not depict his ambiguously significant other.

What, you guys don’t sanitize? I’ll help you.

#3658 3 years ago

Except in nasty stained sweatpants instead of shorts

#3659 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Except in nasty stained sweatpants instead of shorts

I'd be more concerned about catching something from his sweatpants than the games...

#3660 3 years ago

#3661 3 years ago

I was a few miles away again picking up a game, and was too tempted to at least see where it was located. I resituated the game in my car due to unsavory rattling, and left.

But I took time for a picture...

E41C5680-CCCE-4470-8347-6F50C8CFB5F6 (resized).jpegE41C5680-CCCE-4470-8347-6F50C8CFB5F6 (resized).jpeg
    #3662 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I was a few miles away again picking up a game, and was too tempted to at least see where it was located. I resituated the game in my car due to unsavory rattling, and left.
    But I took time for a picture...
    [quoted image]

Have any trouble finding a place to park?

#3663 3 years ago

I think all the customers took the bus or maybe rode in on the bike.
    3F8F5235-6396-4FE3-B95B-073AE512B172 (resized).jpeg3F8F5235-6396-4FE3-B95B-073AE512B172 (resized).jpeg

#3664 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Really, there NEEDS to be retro/gaming decor, signage, pictures, lights, artwork, pop culture, etc to get gameroom/arcade feel. And if it's true to ANY part of its weird name, there certainly needs to be artifacts, history, game info, pictures, etc.

And if anyone gave it to him for free, no doubt there would be.

#3665 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Have any trouble finding a place to park?

Obviously rhetoric. There were a few 80+ something-year-olds going in with oxygen tanks.

#3666 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Obviously rhetoric. There were a few 80+ something-year-olds going in with oxygen tanks.

Sounds like he must have picked up a bingo machine recently.

#3667 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think all the customers took the bus or maybe road in on the bike. [quoted image]

Even money there's a dirty pair of sweat pants in that basket.

#3668 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Even money there's a dirty pair of sweat pants in that basket.

Deck looks kinda green and slippery.

#3669 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think all the customers took the bus or maybe road in on the bike. [quoted image]

That still might get ya 10 people !

2EF100AD-44BD-4D80-B53D-9CE99733EAD9 (resized).jpeg2EF100AD-44BD-4D80-B53D-9CE99733EAD9 (resized).jpeg
    #3670 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Pinball, Arcade, More.... What the fuck is the more part? Like unwelcome touching? She doesn't look she wants more

D-AbPLMX4AAalm2 (resized).jpgD-AbPLMX4AAalm2 (resized).jpg
    #3671 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Pinball, Arcade, More.... What the fuck is the more part? Like unwelcome touching? She doesn't look she wants more
    [quoted image]

Her eyes say Why did I have to be the only customer today? I should have listened to my girlfriends and stayed away from this place.

#3672 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Her eyes say Why did I have to be the only customer today? I should have listened to my girlfriends and stayed away from this place.

I think that's his wife. Once again proving that blondes have no brains. But she is a very good looking woman.

#3673 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

I think that's his wife. Once again proving that blondes have no brains. But she is a very good looking woman.

Sorry dude, you need educated. That’s not his better half.

#3674 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

That’s not his wife!! That’s a reporter that did a piece on him for the local paper or something.

#3675 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s not his wife!! That’s a reporter that did a piece on him for the local paper or something.

My bad. I just presumed that no woman except for his wife would let him get that close.

#3676 3 years ago
    6074E441-8176-4F9D-BF7E-E2C1A7E4BDAD.gif6074E441-8176-4F9D-BF7E-E2C1A7E4BDAD.gif
    #3677 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

My bad. I just presumed that no woman except for his wife would let him get that close.

Thank god she escaped without getting mauled.

#3678 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Sounds like he must have picked up a bingo machine recently.

Repurposed Bingo hall might make up for the slow days.

#3679 3 years ago

You didn't go on to report on covid protocol or amount of clients?

#3680 3 years ago

You didn't go on to report on covid protocol or amount of clients?

That's because nobody in this group could have been potential customers.

#3681 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

This is his wife
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/69#post-5820289

#3682 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

(edit)

#3683 3 years ago

(edit)

At the risk of annoying a few of you I'll say this:

The stuff he has done in the past (and continues to do by posting in the third person) is comical and absurd. However this thread will never die because Pinside will not let it die. He will not go away because Pinside will not let him go away.

Now that you are basically just hurling first grader insults "you are ugly" I think this thread has taken on an entirely new low of bullying. Please take a step back. I know you are all better than that.

If this is all Pinside has left mods should lock and close this thread in my opinion. People will never move on and should instead be forced to move on.

#3684 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

The stuff he has done in the past (and continues to do by posting in the third person) is comical and absurd. However this thread will never die because Pinside will not let it die. He will not go away because Pinside will not let him go away.
    Now that you are basically just hurling first grader insults "you are ugly" I think this thread has taken on an entirely new low of bullying. Please take a step back. I know you are all better than that.
    If this is all Pinside has left mods should lock and close this thread in my opinion. People will never move on and should instead be forced to move on.

73e (resized).png73e (resized).png
    #3685 3 years ago

Sort of agree with this, the dude is SUPER annoying with the way he behaves but can't control his genetics so the insults on how he looks is a bit uncalled for! Not every one around here is Jack Danger

#3686 3 years ago

Could you say this thread has turned ugly?

#3687 3 years ago

@ brianmegaphone - actually it's not something that is directly personal - I just quoted an idiom in reference to another post that was made.

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet, The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. There are a ton of them.

Stupid is as stupid does.

#3688 3 years ago

I downvoted not for comment on looks, but because the only involvement you have had in here is to add to posts and try telling others that they should close a thread. You aren't allowed to announce a thread drain, and so I personally feel shouldn't be allowed to announce a close thread comment publicly either. It's just plain annoying to others.

I can publicly suggest you just use the drain feature as was mentioned over a month ago; or simply don't click on it if you don't want to read it and don't post on it if you don't want to help topic keep going.

#3689 3 years ago

I honestly do agree that some of the personal comments are a bit much, even if someone super doesn't like the guy. I mean the comments on personal stuff he can't help.

We are all different...

I do think he should consider more appropriate business owner attire than sweats, and a little (maybe quite a bit from some pics/vids) more grooming would help.

And, frankly, he deserves to recieve some attitude in my opinion after all his b.s., baby games/comments, and attitude.

#3690 3 years ago

Hmm, I could actually end it right here:

“You know what, I screwed up. I borrowed someone’s equipment, dropped it, didn’t tell them, and didn’t even try to make it right until you all forced me to. I should have been better than that. I responded to hurled insults that got out of hand by using fake accounts and writing way more than needed to be written. I tried to reciprocate against the insults rather than address the matter at hand and apologize. I involved family members and friends to stick up for me when I created this problem myself. And yes my business is struggling as are all arcades. And I do need to sell off some of my extra machines so that I can decrease the need to ask for handouts here to try to stay in business. All of us need to strive to be better people and this kick in the ass tells me I have farther to go, but thankfully time to do so. Not gonna ask for any forgiveness, I helped create and added to the mess this became. But I will try to do better. Sorry for the annoyance I have caused all of you. Hope to prove my words by forthcoming actions.”

There you go. Just has to sign the damn thing. Nobody wishes him failure, nobody wants to see an arcade close. But yeah the social shaming continues for a reason: he keeps stoking it with his fake account comments that are the opposite of what I wrote above, and demonstrate some undeserved grandiosity that serves nobody well. I suspect if he lays low then this thread will come to its own inglorious end since at some point we all get tired of beating a dead horse. Do I have any faith he will have some awakening here: nah, it’s unfortunately who he is and how he was raised. But one can hope to plant some small seed of “gosh maybe how I handled this all wasn’t the best way forward and should have listened to others advice”. Maybe another decade or two under him he will learn from this episode and at least moderate his own worst tendencies.

#3691 3 years ago

I find this thread humorous. Some of it’s childish and dark but it is what it is. No one is forcing anyone to read this stuff.

#3692 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I find this thread humorous. Some of it’s childish and dark but it is what it is. No one is forcing anyone to read this stuff.

Not entirely humorous to the individuals that got screwed over etc.

But the rest of it ...yeah, I know what you are meaning of course.

#3693 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not entirely humorous to the individuals that got screwed over etc.
    But the rest of it ...yeah, I know what you are meaning of course.

Nope. It's pretty humorous for me, too.

#3694 3 years ago

Just hit my thumb with a hammer while working on the shed. Figured reading the thread updates and an upvote from beelzeboob would make it feel better. So far it's working ...

#3695 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hmm, I could actually end it right here:
    “You know what, I screwed up. I borrowed someone’s equipment, dropped it, didn’t tell them, and didn’t even try to make it right until you all forced me to. I should have been better than that. I responded to hurled insults that got out of hand by using fake accounts and writing way more than needed to be written. I tried to reciprocate against the insults rather than address the matter at hand and apologize. I involved family members and friends to stick up for me when I created this problem myself. And yes my business is struggling as are all arcades. And I do need to sell off some of my extra machines so that I can decrease the need to ask for handouts here to try to stay in business. All of us need to strive to be better people and this kick in the ass tells me I have farther to go, but thankfully time to do so. Not gonna ask for any forgiveness, I helped create and added to the mess this became. But I will try to do better. Sorry for the annoyance I have caused all of you. Hope to prove my words by forthcoming actions.”
    There you go. Just has to sign the damn thing. Nobody wishes him failure, nobody wants to see an arcade close. But yeah the social shaming continues for a reason: he keeps stoking it with his fake account comments that are the opposite of what I wrote above, and demonstrate some undeserved grandiosity that serves nobody well. I suspect if he lays low then this thread will come to its own inglorious end since at some point we all get tired of beating a dead horse. Do I have any faith he will have some awakening here: nah, it’s unfortunately who he is and how he was raised. But one can hope to plant some small seed of “gosh maybe how I handled this all wasn’t the best way forward and should have listened to others advice”. Maybe another decade or two under him he will learn from this episode and at least moderate his own worst tendencies.

That was pretty good, but it should have been much longer, off the track more and so on and so forth ...

#3696 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just hit my thumb with a hammer while working on the shed. Figured reading the thread updates and an upvote from beelzeboob would make it feel better. So far it's working ...

You hit yourself with a hammer just to get an upvote?!!

Now that's commitment!

#3697 3 years ago

Some days you’re the hammer, some days you’re the Steven

Have no idea what the fuck that means

#3698 3 years ago

I agree, personal insults aren't the high road here. But this thread has had numerous other elements, and we are all here now to see updates.

Akin to rubbernecking a road accident? Also, there is some very funny content added as well. I look forward to reading the updates, especially Colson's pix!

Pinside has a few other threads to read if you dislike this particular one.

Lastly, we are all members of "Team Boob"; here is our faction. Mr. Steven has his trolling shill accounts and TNT cronies to back him.

#3699 3 years ago

He should take a long hard look at his wild hair and beard. And clothes. While he may like it. What does a customer coming in for the first time think ?

You only get one chance to make a first impression.

You want repeat business. Do everything you can to earn it. Look professional, for a tech.

LTG : )

#3700 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

personal insults aren't the high road here

I agree.

From this moment going forward. No more insulting beelzeboob !

LTG : )

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/74?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.