Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 79.
    #3601 3 years ago

The literal gameseum motto.

another-day-another-dollar (resized).jpganother-day-another-dollar (resized).jpg
    #3602 3 years ago

For the sake of clarification....

Another day, another ($1) dollar.

5893284-cashier-with-nearly-empty-cash-register-metaphor-for-recession- (resized).jpg5893284-cashier-with-nearly-empty-cash-register-metaphor-for-recession- (resized).jpg
    #3603 3 years ago

This thread is slowing down. We just need steven#9 to show up and get it going again.

#3604 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

This thread is slowing down. We just need steven#9 to show up and get it going again.

Can you list all of Steven’s shill accounts?

#3605 3 years ago

I love the idea of an escalara but I have a basement door way that is too small so heads come off. Not really much to deal with so never pursued. They are awesome!

Oh and congrats on the sale of the vid boob!

#3606 3 years ago

Big weekends usually don’t disappoint.

#3607 3 years ago

I'm always tempted to stir the pot, or say something under the "not nice" category, but usually just laugh at what you guys post. Colson's photo of the street sign was great.

I'm certain Mr. Steven will add some fuel to the fire soon.

#3608 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

For the sake of clarification....
    Another day, another ($1) dollar.
    [quoted image]

My Hook made 5 bucks tonight. I guess that means I am 500% more successful than Sweatpants?
    634237C3-A5B4-4776-9BAE-A33E66806344 (resized).jpeg634237C3-A5B4-4776-9BAE-A33E66806344 (resized).jpeg

#3609 3 years ago
    #3610 3 years ago

Sounds like Steven behind the camera in the new TNT video.

If his arcade is so busy, how is he able to hang out at TNT all the time?

Or maybe I'm wrong, you be the judge.

I miss the days of Todd and Frank bantering, the latest videos are pretty dull.

#3611 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Sounds like Steven behind the camera in the new TNT video.
    Or maybe I'm wrong, you be the judge.
    I miss the days of Todd and Frank bantering, the latest videos are pretty dull.

I'm going back to only watching and buying from Ray.

#3612 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Got to be 2hr ride or more from Ephrata to Southampton!

#3613 3 years ago

It's honestly sad, when Frank and Todd made the humorous videos, they were both entertaining and educational.

You can see the rotating staff over there now, and I personally don't enjoy the vids anymore.

Want to go on the record as saying I think Todd is a very kind and helpful man. I do want his business to be successful.

The new Steven element is disappointing.

#3614 3 years ago

Did anyone catch Zack and Dennis' comments on their latest The Pinball Show podcast? Unlike the TNT comments I thought theirs were pretty funny.

#3615 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

It's honestly sad, when Frank and Todd made the humorous videos, they were both entertaining and educational.
    You can see the rotating staff over there now, and I personally don't enjoy the vids anymore.
    Want to go on the record as saying I think Todd is a very kind and helpful man. I do want his business to be successful.

I think Todd just likes having young guys around.

Youthful companions can be invigorating!

#3616 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Is insulting Todd constantly behind the camera really " Funny" I have watched for about 1 year and that part always seems not necessary. A few jokes here and there but in " EVERY video....It's old and time to change.. Curt seems the most professional . Wish he would take over.

I think HE is trying to be like the twin who always made fun and joked about everything Todd did. Yawn-Done-Stop.

#3617 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

TNT is also an hour and fifteen minutes away from Gameseum. Two and half hours of driving seems crazy to me just to follow good old Todd around the warehouse. I’m failing to see the mutual benefits of this relationship.

#3618 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

TNT is also an hour and fifteen minutes away from Gameseum. Two and half hours of driving seems crazy to me just to follow good old Todd around the warehouse. I’m failing to see the mutual benefits of this relationship.

Simple. Steven buys Todd’s garbage! Works for both.

#3619 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

And Todd pays for Stevie's food.

#3620 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Gameseum? Garbage?

I thought Stevie boy only dealt in the rarest of the rare and best of the best condition? Say it isnt so?

#3621 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

I almost mentioned that!

#3622 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Gameseum? Garbage?
    I thought Stevie boy only dealt in the rarest of the rare and best of the best condition? Say it isnt so?

It isn't so.

#3623 3 years ago

its so on & so forth

#3624 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

not really.............lol

#3625 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Is that like 3 cookies , a 2L coke, and a half bag of Doritos? That’s more or less what he offers as free food for grand openings.

#3626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Gameseum? Garbage?

Yep only the rarest of the rare and bestest of the best. I heard they just got ET for the Atari 2600 ! It cleaned up well from the landfill

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3627 3 years ago

Narcissistic personality disorder:
    Symptoms include an excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle any criticism, and a sense of entitlement.

#3628 3 years ago

I want to see what kind of response this question gets:

GM (resized).pngGM (resized).png
    #3629 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I want to see what kind of response this question gets:[quoted image]

You're already banned.

#3630 3 years ago

I want to see what kind of response this question gets:

I'm sure, whether they really do it, the answer will be yes. HOWEVER it will take about 1000 words to explain it.

#3631 3 years ago

I want to see what kind of response this question gets:[quoted image]

ROFLMAO!

I scrolled through some of their latest posts (seems like many comments/questions/concerns always get ignored).

Went to "like" a couple things and realized I was banned. Fucking HILARIOUS, considering all I EVER did there was ask a couple questions or liked others....never posted any of the painful truths or anything bad.

Funny shit. Guess I'll need like 10 shill facebook accounts

#3632 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

ROFLMAO!
    I scrolled through some of their latest posts (seems like many comments/questions/concerns always get ignored).
    Went to "like" a couple things and realized I was banned. Fucking HILARIOUS, considering all I EVER did there was ask a couple questions or liked others....never posted any of the painful truths or anything bad.
    Funny shit. Guess I'll need like 10 shill facebook accounts

I love how every other post on their page is "We're open...." Almost like he thinks no one is showing up because they think the place is closed. I also love how he has time to take that many pictures of an employee cleaning games instead of you know pitching in and cleaning too. You can tell shes not happy behind the mask. I always hated when the boss sat and watched me work.

#3633 3 years ago

He likely already pre-banned anyone who was critical of him on pinside in case they choose to comment on his page.

#3634 3 years ago

I just looked at their FB page, it's hilarious.

They describe themselves as "The world's coolest arcade" AND "The cleanest arcade in the world"! . LOL

#3635 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

”The cleanest arcade in the world"! . LOL

Not a lot of customers, so not much to clean...

#3636 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I just looked at their FB page, it's hilarious.
    They describe themselves as "The world's coolest arcade" AND "The cleanest arcade in the world"! . LOL

Certainly the whitest arcade and most blank walled museum from anything I've seen.

#3637 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Certainly the whitest arcade and most blank walled museum from anything I've seen.

He'll set up another Fundme account for the wall decor so he can buy some old BG's from Todd to hang.

#3638 3 years ago

This question was most likely asked in previous pages, but how exactly is his arcade a museum?
    Is he getting a tax break by calling it a museum?

#3639 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

This question was most likely asked in previous pages, but how exactly is his arcade a museum?

Never question the smiley

#3640 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I doubt he gets (or tried) a tax break; but wouldn't be surprised if it was a thought/goal.

I remember when he went on and on about the super clever name/idea because it was going to be a 'hands-on museum'...Discovery center it is not. It's a gameroom plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that; but not exactly what he hyped on and on about.

I think he mentioned once that the landlord wouldn't let him paint etc because it was just renovated. That does stink, but that should have been discussed before leasing space. What kind of business would lease a space knowing they can't set up their business properly there? :/

After this was all mentioned (out of helpful suggestions), he added some color change led lights etc to try some color.

Really, there NEEDS to be retro/gaming decor, signage, pictures, lights, artwork, pop culture, etc to get gameroom/arcade feel. And if it's true to ANY part of its weird name, there certainly needs to be artifacts, history, game info, pictures, etc.

All the closed time would have been EXACTLY great time to try adding some stuff, painting or making own decor, typing stuff up (he IS social media guru and master of the long sentence), and so on. Also, may have been worth discussing with landlord about renegotiation on painting; most owners either want a deposit/charge something for it and/or stipulate it simply has to be repainted back white like it was when moving in (from my experience); but never know.

#3641 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I doubt he gets (or tried) a tax break; but wouldn't be surprised if it was a thought/goal.
    I remember when he went on and on about the super clever name/idea because it was going to be a 'hands-on museum'...Discovery center it is not. It's a gameroom plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that; but not exactly what he hyped on and on about.
    I think he mentioned once that the landlord wouldn't let him paint etc because it was just renovated. That does stink, but that should have been discussed before leasing space. What kind of business would lease a space knowing they can't set up their business properly there? :/
    After this was all mentioned (out of helpful suggestions), he added some color change led lights etc to try some color.
    Really, there NEEDS to be retro/gaming decor, signage, pictures, lights, artwork, pop culture, etc to get gameroom/arcade feel. And if it's true to ANY part of its weird name, there certainly needs to be artifacts, history, game info, pictures, etc.
    All the closed time would have been EXACTLY great time to try adding some stuff, painting or making own decor, typing stuff up (he IS social media guru and master of the long sentence), on so on. Also, may have been worth discussing with landlord about renegotiation on painting; most owners either want a deposit/charge something for it and/or stipulate it simply has to be repainted back white like it was when moving in (from my experience); but never know.

That post was too long

#3642 3 years ago

All he needs to do is pull 2-3 bulbs out of each of those death ray quad-fluorescent fixtures in the ceiling, and he changes the atmosphere in there significantly. Then hang some crap on the walls....get some arcade art on banners and hang them up. The current setup makes me feel like I am going for a teeth cleaning, not an arcade experience.

#3643 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

That post was too long

I found Steve #8!

(or is it #9, or #10...……)

#3644 3 years ago

I found Steve #8!
    (or is it #9, or #10...……)

#3645 3 years ago

You caught me....I need a handout for decorations for my museum now.

Does my new disguise fool you enough?

4dqrdk (resized).jpg4dqrdk (resized).jpg
    #3646 3 years ago
    #3647 3 years ago

I've hit a new low. I'm now upvoting blank posts.

#3648 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're such a thumbs slut.

And I feel like a whore

#3649 3 years ago

FYI, there are a few pinside achievements related to giving out upvotes.

#3650 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don’t sell yourself short Randy. You’ve been at the lowest point you could be for quite a while.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

FYI, there are a few pinside achievements related to giving out upvotes.

Don’t tell him that!!

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/73?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.