Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 79.
    #3551 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Steven is the project I'm just wondering how Todd figures to restore his personality.

You ever see Todd's work up close? He isn't restoring anything.

#3552 3 years ago

When Todd said in his video to Steven, "You need money" I almost fell out of my chair.

Boob, a picture is worth a thousand words (unless you are a post by Otaku) May we see this glorious new "stair climber"??

#3553 3 years ago

I think Todd feels sorry for him and gave him a JOB. Any video without the one twin is a good day...LOL.

They are blowing out so much in these best offer sales....years of stuff....good for them. I tried to buy a few items..

#3554 3 years ago

Don't get it - maybe he's an Illegitimate son ?

#3555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

When Todd said in his video to Steven, "You need money" I almost fell out of my chair.
    Boob, a picture is worth a thousand words (unless you are a post by Otaku) May we see this glorious new "stair climber"??

Later this week once I get the plaque put on. (They said it would be ready Friday. They lied.) I'll be proud to show you what you all chipped in to help buy. I think it's funny that GorillaBiscuits posted a picture of the famous Otaku Escalera. He should get a plaque put on, too.

#3556 3 years ago
    CAA1E965-6F68-4FBB-B258-D13292D7D2E9 (resized).jpegCAA1E965-6F68-4FBB-B258-D13292D7D2E9 (resized).jpeg
    #3557 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

#3558 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

He's #1 ?

#3559 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

That's my favorite Colson pic out of the thousand or so on pinside

#3560 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3561 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I want you to imagine with me: It's a beautiful Sunday morning on State street.

Where do I nominate this for post of the year?

#3562 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I don't need 40 minutes of this! Life's too short!!

FF to 35:00, you're welcome.

#3563 3 years ago

quick question, computer gurus. I blocked Oataku a long time ago, all his shill accounts are also blocked so I cannot read his bullshit. Does Pinside recognize and IP address?

#3564 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Does Pinside recognize and IP address?

Yes. That helps find multiple accounts.

LTG : )

#3565 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

quick question, computer gurus. I blocked Oataku a long time ago, all his shill accounts are also blocked so I cannot read his bullshit. Does Pinside recognize and IP address?

if he uses an VPN he can bypass that, you guys forget he is a internet guru

internet-marketing-guru (resized).jpginternet-marketing-guru (resized).jpg
    #3566 3 years ago

And then there was that time the state misspelled that god awful place.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3567 3 years ago

I am not sure what happened, but a friend of mine drove by a couple times today just before noon as he was running errands. He reported that there in fact was not a line of people waiting to get in on the busiest day of the week. I am sure there will be a rally into the evening though.

#3568 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Mr.Steven blesses all with his presence in the recent TNT video release (towards the end).

At the 37 mark, where he asks Todd to pay for dinner at Applebee's!

#3569 3 years ago

Boob i'll take an upvote. I think it may actually be my first.

#3570 3 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Oof. I have had many a TNT game go through my garage and I agree. They do good board work but their paint touch ups...geez.

#3571 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I think Todd feels sorry for him and gave him a JOB. Any video without the one twin is a good day...LOL.
    They are blowing out so much in these best offer sales....years of stuff....good for them. I tried to buy a few items..

I'm behind on tnt videos, did Todd give smiley a job??

#3572 3 years ago

There was a new post on Facebook today about new games/pins that were just added or in the pipeline. I find it interesting that he didn't have the money available to buy Randy a new Escalera, but seems to have money to keep buying games. What a shyster.

#3573 3 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

the same goes for pin rescue. they do crappy work. had a few pass through and they were barley shopped. i even saw one em that was on free play with paper fold between contacts on the replay switch.

#3574 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I find it interesting that he didn't have the money available to buy Randy a new Escalera, but seems to have money to keep buying games. What a shyster.

Blown out crap is probably way cheaper than an Escalera.

#3575 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure what happened, but a friend of mine drove by a couple times today just before noon as he was running errands. He reported that there in fact was not a line of people waiting to get in on the busiest day of the week. I am sure there will be a rally into the evening though.

Would that make the weekends even quieter ? Or perspective. Two people in there looks packed compared to empty ?

#3576 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

There was a new post on Facebook today about new games/pins that were just added or in the pipeline. I find it interesting that he didn't have the money available to buy Randy a new Escalera, but seems to have money to keep buying games. What a shyster.

Listing new games coming for future attractions is a tried and true strategy for getting more business, but honestly in this environment I think its probably not that effective except for his handcore audience. The real problem for all of us is what advertising strategy actually works here ? I don't think anyone really knows for sure. It would seem perhaps the best strategy is batten down the hatches and try and ride it out rather than put up the main sail. If he is actively spending money on putting new games into the arcade at this point and time, I largely suspect its a fools errand to do so. Keep what you got on the floor as best you can and let it ride. But doubt he is terribly open to anyone's suggestion. Perhaps suspect a go fund me is all that is needed to make up any shortfall in revenue versus repairs.

#3577 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Listing new games coming for future attractions is a tried and true strategy for getting more business,

I've always found it better to get it on the floor, up and running. Then blast social media. Or now days on Facebook and Pinside a simple anybody want to come help set it up ? I can wrestle them around like I could 40 years ago.

Things can come up. And customers looking forward to it are disappointed. Or might seek it elsewhere. Then all you've accomplished is promoting your competition.

#3578 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've always found it better to get it on the floor, up and running. Then blast social media. Or now days on Facebook and Pinside a simple anybody want to come help set it up ? I can wrestle them around like I could 40 years ago.
    Things can come up. And customers looking forward to it are disappointed. Or might seek it elsewhere. Then all you've accomplished is promoting your competition.

After having made this mistake several times with the exact scenario you have described, we don't advertise it until its been on the floor a few weeks and shown itself to stay functional.

#3579 3 years ago

Why do all you old people keep talking on here like any of you have ANY experience in the industry or on running a business/arcade/route/etc.?

What's next; people are going to try to know better in the fields of law or medicine?

You all need to go get REAL jobs.....like running an uninformative, non educational, display and decor free 'museum'.

Or hand outs; hand outs are main stream, and big business I hear...read it on social media somewhere...

#3580 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Why do all you old people keep talking on here like any of you have ANY experience in the industry or on running a business/arcade/route/etc.?
    What's next; people are going to try to know better in the fields of law or medicine?
    You all need to go get REAL jobs.....like running an uninformative, non educational, display and decor free 'museum'.
    Or hand outs; hand outs are main stream, and big business I hear...read it on social media somewhere...

I've never flown a helicopter. But if I saw one in a tree, I'd know that it's not supposed to be there.

#3581 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've never flown a helicopter. But if I saw one in a tree, I'd know that it's not supposed to be there

Easy for you to say.

You've probably never flown a tree before either.

#3582 3 years ago

Going out on a limb here, but Mr.Steven has a bad case of collector's bug. He has no room for anything else, and can afford even less.

My home set up is 5 short of filled, yet my wish-list has 33 to go! I could be tempted to add garbage games.

But if Steven has an arcade, well then it is "business".

Seeing that bargain basement pin he just (bought), highly doubtful that will be the defining moment of gameseum.

#3583 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Going out on a limb here, but Mr.Steven has a bad case of collector's bug. He has no room for anything else, and can afford even less.
    My home set up is 5 short of filled, yet my wish-list has 33 to go! I could be tempted to add garbage games.
    But if Steven has an arcade, well then it is "business".
    Seeing that bargain basement pin he just (bought), highly doubtful that will be the defining moment of gameseum.

It not a business. Its a MUSEUM!

#3584 3 years ago
    92040-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-i-ahr4.gif92040-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-i-ahr4.gif
    #3585 3 years ago

Gameseum is the bestest arcade in the whole world! He’s carefully selected only the bestest games from the local dumps and put all together to create “The Mega arcade and Museum” at a cost of only $50.

#3586 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

It not a business. Its a MUSEUM!

Gameseum...non-profit

4A3A0AC2-F6D7-437B-B764-958F72B41B7A (resized).jpeg4A3A0AC2-F6D7-437B-B764-958F72B41B7A (resized).jpeg

#3587 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Blown out crap is probably way cheaper than an Escalera.

...except that it looks like he's got nearly a hundred examples of blown out crap. I like the part of the video where he's boasting about having multiples of all these games. Must be nice. I only had one new Escalera. (But I've got another one now, thankyouverymuch!!!)

#3588 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except that it looks like he's got nearly a hundred examples of blown out crap. I like the part of the video where he's boasting about having multiples of all these games. Must be nice. I only had one new Escalera. (But I've got another one now, thankyouverymuch!!!)

Exactly. He has more than enough games for his arcade / to take care of and yet he continues to buy stuff where he could have bought an escalera...

#3589 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Exactly. He has more than enough games for his arcade / to take care of and yet he continues to buy stuff where he could have bought an escalera...

Or saved it so as not to open more gofundme stuff next time bills are short...

On that note....do you think the people that did donate some to his last gofundme believed they were helping an in need business for rent/utilites? Or do you believe they thought the money would be used to allow a guy to just buy more toys and call them business items (without selling any)?

NOPE.....I don't continue to see a trend here at all

#3590 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Needs more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And so forth

#3591 3 years ago

I don't think being an unsuccessful business counts as non profit because it isn't making a profit

#3592 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. But at $5 each, minus the ones he was paid to haul away. Is still way short of a new Escalara for the Boob !

#3593 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't think being an unsuccessful business counts as non profit because it isn't making a profit

Shut his doors, start a GoFundMe and place the “tip jar” back at the coffee shop and Bingo....it’s profitable again!

#3594 3 years ago

Here's the real question, did Todd actually pay for the boobs parts as a favor to his new found bestie?

#3595 3 years ago

I doubt he is a legit non-profit.

#3596 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

the same goes for pin rescue. they do crappy work. had a few pass through and they were barley shopped. i even saw one em that was on free play with paper fold between contacts on the replay switch.

I’ve got one of their games in my collection. Purchased from some wealthy guy in Macon, Ga. Admitted he payed way too much. Wound up replacing the playfield with a Wade Krause. It did come with a nice key chain!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3597 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ya see that’s where you made your mistake. You expected Steven to pay to fix your new Escalera. What you SHOULD have done was offer to sell him the broken down crappy Escalera he returned to you. I hear he likes that stuff best. Wouldn’t be surprised if on receipt of a new game it’s time to whip out the sand paper and scuff it up so it’s more cohesive.

#3598 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've never flown a helicopter. But if I saw one in a tree, I'd know that it's not supposed to be there.

Quoted from LTG:

You've probably never flown a tree before either.

Ogden Nash?

Quoted from Electrocute:

I’ve got one of their games in my collection. Purchased from some wealthy guy in Macon, Ga. Admitted he payed way too much. Wound up replacing the playfield with a Wade Krause. It did come with a nice key chain!
    [quoted image]

That Eye of Horus is a nice touch.

#3599 3 years ago

D.B. Cooper

#3600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

wade should run that one again, i know quite a few people looking for it

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/72?hl=odenonmyside513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.