Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 79.
    #3501 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I didn’t know Bob Barker was on Pinside! Just when I think I’m out of this thread...another completely imbecilic post appears and it pulls me back in.
    [quoted image]

Actually that wasn’t Stephen. It was in fact the real Bob Barker. And he had good reason to rant against Pinside. You see Bob feels he never got proper credit for Plinko. Pinside classifies it as the dreaded “NOT A PINBALL”. Bob begs to differ and has held a grudge for the last decade. It all came to a head today. He’s old, maybe we should give him a break.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/photos/1004546/9-secrets-of-the-price-is-right-s-plinko

3070810B-CD82-4DF6-940A-893013704A27 (resized).jpeg3070810B-CD82-4DF6-940A-893013704A27 (resized).jpeg
    #3502 3 years ago

I’m active on KLOV and Pinside.
    Truth is there is a ton of crossover between the two websites/forums.
    I see a lot of people I know post on both sites (a lot of really good people).

Pinside is first and foremost a Pinball website (although there are posts about related hobbies). I search here or post here first when trying to troubleshoot something Pinball related.

KLOV is an Arcade/Videogame forum. More specifically a preservation website that is highly focused on keeping games original and keeping original hardware working. This is my go to website for help repairing or troubleshooting anything arcade related.

There is no Pinside VS KLOV rivalry I am aware of. Both sites are full of great members and at the same time both sites have their handful of jackasses.

You get out of either one what you put in.
    If you are cool to people, then people will be cool back. If you’re a total jackass the members on either site will roast the hell out of you. Pretty simple really.

#3503 3 years ago

I really thought this was drying up... we were close, but then he just couldn’t stay away even though he acknowledges silence is the best response. But nope, every time, the exact opposite of silence. Sigh.

I will say that pinsider or not, narcissist, moocher, so and and so forth or not, and regardless that Stephen has brought a lot of this on himself— I actually do agree that Burying the hatchet on continued attacks/insults on anything about appearance/sweatpants/personal hygiene could perhaps be best. It’s kinda just mean at this point.

I wanna see boobs new escalera and plaque and then see this thread fade away

#3504 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I just got a PM from Bob Barker, or 007, or whoever the hell that is (Steven) and was basically accused of being the ringleader here and helping to ruin his business or something. I want to get a few things clear here publicly, rather than write back to someone whose business this is not, or someone who has multiple personality disorder. Here we go:
    1. I'm not a ringleader here. I'm just a guy that tried to help a stranger and got his new equipment damaged. Because I couldn't prove he did it, I said nothing. When he posted in Pinside about dropping it down the stairs, I knew how my unit got damaged. When he offered to make it right, I let it go; my life was nuts at that point, and it wasn't a high priority for me.
    2. When it became a big thing here on Pinside and Steven offered to make things right again, I agreed. He sent the chain and a battery (although there is still some other damage that can't be readily replaced), so as far as I'm concerned, Steven was fine in my book. End of story...
    3. ...THEN, he went and talked shit about me, sicced his dog Todd on me, and began to mock the situation on YouTube as if I was the one who had done something wrong. That's when my support for him went to hell. He should have sent the parts and shut his mouth.
    4. Now he's selling t-shirts to profit off the situation. That's disgusting. I only bought 2 #paytheboob shirts because I thought it was being sold as a fundraiser to help me get a new Escalera. My bad.
    5. Nobody "bought" me a new Escalera after the parts were sent to me. If you had been following this thread or had basic reading skills, you would know I tried to install the parts, and it's not something you can easily do without fucking up other parts of your game. Some awesome Pinsiders recognized I should probably have a new unit like I had before it was damaged, and they chipped in. With the donations and gorillabiscuits buying my old one, it will replace the Escalera...but I'm still out shipping (and I bought a forklift this time). So the people here helped to make me whole. It doesn't matter if I considered the book closed with Steven or not.
    6. I'm being accused of helping to ruin his business. That's ridiculous. I hope he's successful on everybody's money that he talked people out of. Might as well do some good with that unearned cash.
    7. I've never urged anyone to say horrible things about Steven. I'm upvoting everything at this point...even "his" posts. What I'm doing and will continue to do is laugh at the situation, and at the #paytheboob stuff and The Mooching and all the rest of it. I could laugh or cry about it and I choose to laugh. I laugh at fucking EVERYTHING if you folks haven't noticed.
    8. The new Escalera is unpacked and set up...the plaque is coming in next week. When it's on the machine I'll post photos and one final thank you.
    And again...I never asked ANYBODY to donate to me. On the contrary, I'm really uncomfortable with it. Ask LTG or boilerman if I'm lying about that.
    Sorry for the long post. But I don't sit still when someone accuses me of being a horrible person. Sometimes you just gotta give 'em a hearty fuck you.

It seems like Bob Barker has a persecution complex. And so on and so forth ....

42301CE8-F1D1-439E-BE80-619B7AD095F2 (resized).jpeg42301CE8-F1D1-439E-BE80-619B7AD095F2 (resized).jpeg830677C8-8DB7-49EC-9575-C3E1F703670D (resized).jpeg830677C8-8DB7-49EC-9575-C3E1F703670D (resized).jpeg
    #3505 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I really thought this was drying up... we were close, but then he just couldn’t stay away even though he acknowledges silence is the best response. But nope, every time, the exact opposite of silence. Sigh.

Again, and again, and again. This thread had actually sunk down to like the third page, and I had promised only one or two more posts with pictures and thanks and that would be it. But if you're going to come after me, I'm going to go right back at you.

Off to meet GorillaBiscuits ...

#3506 3 years ago

I see Bob Barker is now blocked. In the words of Happy Gilmore.
    Price is wrong bitch!

#3507 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again, and again, and again. This thread had actually sunk down to like the third page, and I had promised only one or two more posts with pictures and thanks and that would be it. But if you're going to come after me, I'm going to go right back at you.
    Off to meet gorillabiscuits ...

Have a great day. Meet up of good guys. Thumbs up.

#3508 3 years ago

This must be what draws Steven back to Pinside so many times, tough when no ones wants to hear your BS

118194687_3452032748160904_2653222616631552900_n (resized).jpg118194687_3452032748160904_2653222616631552900_n (resized).jpg
    #3509 3 years ago

I hate to say it but this thread will likely go on and on and on. New rant from not Stephen. 3 pages of response. New account blocked. It’s reached a call and response ceremony status. Why ? Because things likely aren’t going so well down at the arcade. And if things aren’t going so well, there must be someone to blame. He knows it can’t possibly be anything he has done. He is a social media genius after all. Thus, if anything goes wrong it must be because of all of us. And here is the other thing he must learn, despite ones passion, despite seemingly doing everything right, sometime business and timing just don’t work out. People don’t come thru the door. Tough lesson to learn. Now despite all the bravado he is gonna have to find a way to survive and it isn’t gonna be easy. Nobody wants to see any business not work out. So I do actually wish him luck in finding a way. But damn if he could just stop being such a narcissistic jerk it would be a helluva lot easier to root for his effort

#3510 3 years ago

I honestly do not think there is one soul on here that wants to see Stevens business fail, that's not what drives this thread. Steven himself renewed this thread in an attempt to rub it in some faces around here and it backfired on him. The old saying "you made the bed now you'll have to lay in it", he has been and continues to be his own worst enemy so if there's a finger to be pointed he best start with the mirror first as they'll be much of nothing to blame outside of that reflection he'll see.

#3511 3 years ago

The eagle has landed...thanks, GorillaBiscuits !

20200829_102400 (resized).jpg20200829_102400 (resized).jpg
    #3512 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I honestly do not think there is one soul on here that wants to see Stevens business fail,

Don't sell me short.

#3513 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

..Steven....he has been and continues to be his own worst enemy so if there's a finger to be pointed he best start with the mirror first as they'll be much of nothing to blame outside of that reflection he'll see.

Multiple reflections - all the same one.

(Whatever identity or flavor of the day is)

#3514 3 years ago

I think this just about wraps thing up!

66C9967F-96D7-4CDA-9282-FF657FF76644 (resized).jpeg66C9967F-96D7-4CDA-9282-FF657FF76644 (resized).jpeg
    #3515 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I think this just about wraps thing up![quoted image]

This is awesome, now when I finally come buy a game from you, I don't have to be afraid of those steps you always talk about!

#3516 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I hate to say it but this thread will likely go on and on and on. New rant from not Stephen. 3 pages of response. New account blocked. It’s reached a call and response ceremony status. Why ? Because things likely aren’t going so well down at the arcade. And if things aren’t going so well, there must be someone to blame. He knows it can’t possibly be anything he has done. He is a social media genius after all. Thus, if anything goes wrong it must be because of all of us. And here is the other thing he must learn, despite ones passion, despite seemingly doing everything right, sometime business and timing just don’t work out. People don’t come thru the door. Tough lesson to learn. Now despite all the bravado he is gonna have to find a way to survive and it isn’t gonna be easy. Nobody wants to see any business not work out. So I do actually wish him luck in finding a way. But damn if he could just stop being such a narcissistic jerk it would be a helluva lot easier to root for his effort

Very well said. Steven hasnt figured out that in business you cant afford to piss anyone off. Especially a new business.

#3517 3 years ago

What a thread. I thought I'd get bored, but Steve coming back as multiple personalities kept it highly entertaining. Thanks, Steve!

#3518 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

What a thread. I thought I'd get bored, but Steve coming back as multiple personalities kept it highly entertaining. Thanks, Steve!

Ive heard they are making it into a movie. Kinda an update on the Three Faces of Eve. Tentative working title is the 10 Faces of Steve. The big question is who to cast in the lead ? Gotta have some good acting chops for that role, but I suspect it’s Oscar gold For the taking there.

#3519 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I believe it’s the Gameseum staff and the “turtles” passing the keyboard around. Whatever, it’s entertaining and keeps this thread afloat.

#3520 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

People like Randy because of his behavior. Most of us have never met him.

You are the lucky ones. You’re not missing much.

Welcome to Pinside Bob!!

F3631911-9489-4A42-9577-EBC81E5CA5BC.gifF3631911-9489-4A42-9577-EBC81E5CA5BC.gif

#3522 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I believe it’s the Gameseum staff and the “turtles” passing the keyboard around. Whatever, it’s entertaining and keeps this thread afloat.

The language and tone are identical. I grade over 1000 essays a year, and trust me, you can get to know people through their writing. They are all Stevie.

#3523 3 years ago

Mondays are actually busier than Saturdays? Not good, should of kept that to himself.

862F82D3-4481-4A61-BE04-EC6C7192898D (resized).jpeg862F82D3-4481-4A61-BE04-EC6C7192898D (resized).jpeg

You’re welcome Stephen. 007 He updated.

97B7778F-60D0-4D36-9E75-F5A8851F9186 (resized).jpeg97B7778F-60D0-4D36-9E75-F5A8851F9186 (resized).jpeg

#3524 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Mondays are actually busier than Saturdays? Not good, should of kept that to himself.
    [quoted image]

This is so hard to read. How does he not proof read posts from his business page?

#3525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well, at least more than Dr. Rosenpenis[quoted image]

Do you have the Beatles white album? Never mind, just get me a cup of hot fat. And the head of Alfredo Garcia while you’re at it.

#3526 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

His Facebook post is a grammar graveyard. I was under the impression he had a staff to assist, and all were professional media experts.

#3527 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

If he makes thousands every weekend, imagine the cash flowing in on a Monday!!

#3528 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Ive heard they are making it into a movie. Kinda an update on the Three Faces of Eve. Tentative working title is the 10 Faces of Steve. The big question is who to cast in the lead ? Gotta have some good acting chops for that role, but I suspect it’s Oscar gold For the taking there.

I think I've found our leading man

64ed82beb20866a626fed9831b54be30 (resized).jpg64ed82beb20866a626fed9831b54be30 (resized).jpg
    #3529 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

If he makes thousands every weekend, imagine the cash flowing in on a Monday!!

I was thinking more like 4 patients on Saturday and 5 on Monday.

#3530 3 years ago

Surgeon money on Saturday, Bezos money on Monday.

#3531 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Surgeon money on Saturday, Bezos money on Monday.

I’m a surgeon and I own an arcade. I’ve never seen surgeon money except when actually operating. Now if we are talking replacing the stuffing in my kids stuffed animals as I did one weekend recently, then sure, surgeon money on Saturday. I can go with that.

#3532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I was thinking more like 4 patients on Saturday and 5 on Monday.

And oh if you want to make surgeon money on Monday you are gonna have to up it to 60 patients, and they are paying ALOT more than $10 at the door (even the copay is more than $10 these days)

#3533 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

I think I've found our leading man [quoted image]

Dude, you f’n nailed it!

#3534 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wish I was that smart. Hence the "boob" in my Pinside name.

Why am I thinking that there's an alternate universe in which Randi, a self-proclaimed boob of a different kind, endures and ultimately overcomes a problem with her Mascara?

#3535 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I honestly do not think there is one soul on here that wants to see Stevens business fail, that's not what drives this thread. Steven himself renewed this thread in an attempt to rub it in some faces around here and it backfired on him. The old saying "you made the bed now you'll have to lay in it", he has been and continues to be his own worst enemy so if there's a finger to be pointed he best start with the mirror first as they'll be much of nothing to blame outside of that reflection he'll see.

You know, a little bit of failure might be what Stevie boy needs. That has a way of humbling a person, and in the long run makes for a more efficient business model and can make someone a better business person. I'm not talking about his business turning into a total wreck (although I could see that happening), but enough to make him uncomfortable, take a step back, and maybe re-evaluate things a bit.

Oh who am I kidding. This is Stevie. He'd just throw up another 'Give Me Money' campaign.

#3536 3 years ago

Your Last sentence hits the mark.

The rest - He is what he is. Doubtful he is going to change. Plus side he is just in the small niche of arcades, pinball etc. Small potatoes... good thing he is not engaged in other nefarious activity getting masses of people or going for big bucks.

Has some similarities to a modern version of a Dickens character - Artful Dodger, Oliver Twist, or such.

#3537 3 years ago

Here's Stevie boy in a few years....my apologies to Frank Gallagher.

Frank (resized).jpgFrank (resized).jpg
    #3538 3 years ago

I want you to imagine with me: It's a beautiful Sunday morning on State street. The birds are chirping, the meth heads are picking through the butt can and smoking the shorts. A young man is sitting on the curb, waiting to open his shop and pondering his next wall of words. He's analyzing every run-on paragraph, searching for patterns in his homeschool punctuation style. He's trying to catch any repetition, any sequence of words that might give away his next shot at making this all go away.

An old lady swings hard around the corner, headed for church or the methadone clinic - they're both up that way. He jumps back a little, he has his reasons. Fortunately today he has a little extra "t-shirt" money in his pocket so he won't have to rely on those turtles in the booth at Dempsey's. Lots of surgeons eat ramen every day, he tells himself. He sees the barbershop across the street is opening up and wonders what it looks like inside. He remembers he needs a new pair of sweats but the thrift shop on the next block isn't open on Sundays - can you believe those Mennonites tithe on stuff they've already tithed on before? He shakes his head at what the world has become.

Fucking Pinside.

#3539 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

You know, a little bit of failure might be what Stevie boy needs. That has a way of humbling a person, and in the long run makes for a more efficient business model and can make someone a better business person. I'm not talking about his business turning into a total wreck (although I could see that happening), but enough to make him uncomfortable, take a step back, and maybe re-evaluate things a bit.
    Oh who am I kidding. This is Stevie. He'd just throw up another 'Give Me Money' campaign.

This is absolutely true. When we had over $5K a week running in to my arcade (still small potatoes but a lot for us as a hobby business), we were fairly wasteful in how we spent that money other than some general mantra to "grow the business". Now that we are pared down to 1/4 that, boy you get efficient fast and figure out what a needed expense really is. And you start unloading some toys that aren't essential to survival. If Stevie really has this boatload of games in storage, despite ignoring earlier recommendations , he will eventually sell. The drapes come off the wall and go into the fire when you need warmth. I do think going thru these boom and bust cycles is actually helpful long term, builds character. Although I'll be honest, of all of us on here the only one that truly knows what the hell they are talking about is Lloyd.

#3540 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I want you to imagine with me: It's a beautiful Sunday morning on State street. The birds are chirping, the meth heads are picking through the butt can and smoking the shorts. A young man is sitting on the curb, waiting to open his shop and pondering his next wall of words. He's analyzing every run-on paragraph, searching for patterns in his homeschool punctuation style. He's trying to catch any repetition, any sequence of words that might give away his next shot at making this all go away.
    An old lady swings hard around the corner, headed for church or the methadone clinic - they're both up that way. He jumps back a little, he has his reasons. Fortunately today he has a little extra "t-shirt" money in his pocket so he won't have to rely on those turtles in the booth at Dempsey's. Lots of surgeons eat ramen every day, he tells himself. He sees the barbershop across the street is opening up and wonders what it looks like inside. He remembers he needs a new pair of sweats but the thrift shop on the next block isn't open on Sundays - can you believe those Mennonites tithe on stuff they've already tithed on before? He shakes his head at what the world has become.
    Fucking Pinside.

Sir, that is one of the most brilliant things written I have seen on this thread in a while. I tip my hat to you. Good day.

#3541 3 years ago

Mr.Steven blesses all with his presence in the recent TNT video release (towards the end).

#3542 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

only one that truly knows what the hell they are talking about is Lloyd.

Not anymore.

47 1/2 years of experience in my arcade and what to expect. When I'll be busy. When it will be slow. When no one will be around. Everything learned out the window when I was shut down for 3 months.

It's a whole new world.

LTG : )

#3543 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Mr.Steven blesses all with his presence in the recent TNT video release (towards the end).

I used to really enjoy Todd's videos, along with the videos he'd shoot at Allentown, etc. I have lost all respect for him because of the fallout from Boob's escalera. Todd knows better. He's old enough to know the difference between what's right and what's wrong. Shame on TNT.

#3544 3 years ago

Todd “This is Steven, how come you don’t buy games from me?”

Steven “Yes I do, I buy your junk”

Todd “That’s right, you need money”

Thought that was funny.

#3545 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I don't need 40 minutes of this! Life's too short!!

#3546 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Todd “This is Steven, he never buys from me”
    Thought that was funny.

Must be a comment from above linked video.?

I couldn't click on it....done watching those...

#3547 3 years ago

Fast forward into it to the 29 minute mark. Stephen then buys a project. Should blend in well with the other machines at Gameseum.

#3548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Stephen then buys a project.

Steven is the project I'm just wondering how Todd figures to restore his personality.

#3549 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Steven is the project I'm just wondering how Todd figures to restore his personality.

Let’s all pitch in and buy Todd a bigger shirt or maybe some overalls!

#3550 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Todd “This is Steven, how come you don’t buy games from me?”
    Thought that was funny.

“You’re killing me smalls”

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/71?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.