Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 79.
    #3451 3 years ago

robin Martijn TigerLaw The_Dude_Abides SealClubber @gweenpose pmWolf Xerico Jodester jlm33 ForceFlow @daditube

just curious, any public comment on why this thread is not held to the standards of the pinside rules all other threads are held to? pages reminiscent of this last page pop up often and the continued harassment and insults surely violates the "personal attacks on other pinsiders" rule, "be nice" rule, and a few other rules

i've read through the thread and counted over 100-150 violations that were not moderated against, some extremely severe, violent, hurtful, harassing, and obvious, meanwhile you moderated Otaku for little things like "broken record" and "off topic" on a thread that hasn't been on topic for years considering the purpose of the thread was a 2018 event lol

and don't say it was because they weren't reported because i and a group of people have been reporting posts as needed, and i doubt even that is necessary, as i know your team is checking this thread out often

people on klov have been talking and using this thread as a big example/wondering why the mods allow this to continue, i'm genuinely surprised you haven't shut this shitshow down yet

close the thread like phil-lee and others have said. the site is embarassing itself

#3452 3 years ago

also why would the mods make LTG's post a key post when it is fake news

steven asked for money for the basement, for the dog, and for the covid... thats it... over years and years... only the first one was on pinside and was a tiny paypal email mention not a big gofundme... the rest were private for friends and family and customers and none of your business. the thing for the dog was private for friends and family and somebody literally had to be creepy enough to stalk steven's facebook to post it here which is worse

ltg then says steven should be wiped off the bumper of the persons car? really classy and mature for somebody who works for jersey jack pinball... get a life... your pool hall must be pretty empty to have all that free time

all you guys are lower and much more pathetic than steven could ever be... and youre twice the age... you are pretty pathetic to spend so much free time on something so negative

steven bought you the parts randy you dont replace a whole frickin mercedes for a fender bender you buy the guy a new bumper and pay for the labor... steven did just that and it would have been good as new... you took advantage of him for an honest mistake and blasted him the limelight... should have dealt with that privately between you two... but ive seen his account you never even tried to pm before you went public... no due dilgence... fuckin TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER OUT OF THE BLUE HUNKY DORY... NO PMs EVER EVEN AFTER ALL THAT TIME YOU WAITED... and then... ignored him trying to compensate you immediately... acted like he didnt try... failed to mention his apologies... continue to chastite him after he did compensate you by force... rinse and repeat... it is never enough for you is it... move on

RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF

STEVEN TRIED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT IMMEDIATELY IN OCTOBER AND YOU DECLINED... STEVEN PUSHED THE ISSUE AND KEPT TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT WHEN HE COULD HAVE GAVE UP... PMS... TEXTS... CALLS... AND YOU IGNORED HIM

AND HE DID END UP MAKING THINGS RIGHT TO THE BEST EXTENT... AND YOU WANTED MORE MORE MORE... YOU DO NOT REPLACE A WHOLE MERCEDES FOR A BUMPER ESPECIALLY WHEN THE OTHER GUY MAILS YOU THE BUMPER AND OFFERS TO PAY FOR THE LABOR

THE FACTS ARE BURIED IN THE THREAD

MOVE ON... STEVEN MADE A MISTAKE, OFFERED TO MAKE IT RIGHT IMMEDIATELY (***AND TRIED HARDER THAN MOST WOULD NO LESS***), MADE IT RIGHT, AND THATS THAT... HE IS NOT A BAD GUY

RANDYS OWN WORDS SAY IT BEST:

"That being said, when I finally responded to his post that damage had been done to my Escalera, he immediately contacted me to offer me money to buy the new replacement parts. I never took him up on the offer because...well...lesson learned on my part, I guess. He pushed the idea, but I stopped responding.

The fact that he still brings it up leads me to believe that it's still on his mind. And he may well send me a check. I don't know and I don't really care. My friend once said to me that when you lend somebody money, you should probably expect never to see it again. So I lost some money on the deal, and maybe I'll see it and maybe I won't.

It was the right thing to do at the time and I got burned. But at the end of the day, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was younger, too, and as far as I can tell, Steven is a guy with a big heart...but yes...also a lack of self-awareness and the selfishness that is prevalent in your teens and twenties. I think all of us were that way to some extent, and it gets edited out (in most cases) through age and experience.

For that reason, I can't really judge the guy. I just wish the best for him and if he wants to make things right, great. If not, not."

that was admirable... and look at that steven DID come through and make it right.... way to flip flop randy....... i had respect for you after that post, sadly you got greedy and changed, you are much worse than you claim steven is. i am not alone in these thoughts.... you were respectable then... not anymore... nice job

as you said steven brought up this issue even when nobody else was talking about it..... he never forgot about you, tried hard to contact you, and wish you had accepted his october offer... i heard it behind closed doors too.... he cared about you and you screwed it all up. you declined the offer and ignored him and then in july act like it never happened

guy bends over backwards trying to make it right and you decline and ignore it... few months pass... you act like he never did and he is soooooo terrible... so ironic... SO fucked up........ and thats not all.... even after being put through the ringer he finds your address and forcibly makes it right past your flip flop attitude... and youre still not happy and suddenly want a 3k brand new piece of equipment for a small bend.....

and not just a small bend......

a small bend in the parts the guy already spent $500 replacing for ya good as new....... wooooooooow

this is a complete utter sham and i hope he sues

#3453 3 years ago

Steven #8?

#3454 3 years ago

No way to short and did not ramble on enough plus was no bragging, deffo a Steven fan boy though

#3455 3 years ago

Must be dead slow at Gameseum. Duh, that’s obvious. The “staff” probably got tired of staring out the window.

#3456 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

No way to short and did not ramble on enough plus was no bragging, deffo a Steven fan boy though

No, he just split it into 2 posts to be incognito.

#3457 3 years ago

"people on klov are talking" LMAO!

#3458 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

people on klov have been talking and using this thread as a big example/wondering why the mods allow this to continue,

Please link this discussion...because I don’t think it really exists Steven.

#3459 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

"people on klov are talking" LMAO!

Seems like klov is a perfect place for Steven and his circle jerk of imaginary friends

#3460 3 years ago

Holy Malignant Narcissism Batman!

90581BC2-E76E-42BF-8923-D3EF385FE9CC.gif90581BC2-E76E-42BF-8923-D3EF385FE9CC.gif
    #3461 3 years ago

Looks like it’s been edited and the rambling added so I take back what I said it probably is Steven no8 lol

#3462 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

Wasn't fake news. It is a question.

LTG : )

#3463 3 years ago

He should change the name of his arcade to Mooch's Corner
    " "where you're sure to get played"

Now that's truth in advertisement.

#3464 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Please link this discussion...because I don’t think it really exists Steven.

He's most likely talking about this thread (unless there's a discussion of it in another thread). I'm selling a Gottlieb New York, New York and was inquiring about pricing. Coindork made a comment in post #16 and it continues through post #20:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/gottlieb-new-york-new-york.476136/

#3465 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

steven asked for money for the basement, for the dog, and for the covid... thats it... over years and years... only the first one was on pinside and was a tiny paypal email mention not a big gofundme... the rest were private for friends and family and customers and none of your business. the thing for the dog was private for friends and family and somebody literally had to be creepy enough to stalk steven's facebook to post it here which is worse
    ltg then says steven should be wiped off the bumper of the persons car? really classy and mature for somebody who works for jersey jack pinball... get a life... your pool hall must be pretty empty to have all that free time
    all you guys are lower and much more pathetic than steven could ever be... and youre twice the age... you are pretty pathetic to spend so much free time on something so negative
    steven bought you the parts randy you dont replace a whole frickin mercedes for a fender bender you buy the guy a new bumper and pay for the labor... steven did just that and it would have been good as new... you took advantage of him for an honest mistake and blasted him the limelight... should have dealt with that privately between you two... but ive seen his account you never even tried to pm before you went public... no due dilgence... fuckin TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATER OUT OF THE BLUE HUNKY DORY... NO PMs EVER EVEN AFTER ALL THAT TIME YOU WAITED... and then... ignored him trying to compensate you immediately... acted like he didnt try... failed to mention his apologies... continue to chastite him after he did compensate you by force... rinse and repeat... it is never enough for you is it... move on
    RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF
    STEVEN TRIED TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT IMMEDIATELY IN OCTOBER AND YOU DECLINED... STEVEN PUSHED THE ISSUE AND KEPT TRYING TO MAKE IT RIGHT WHEN HE COULD HAVE GAVE UP... PMS... TEXTS... CALLS... AND YOU IGNORED HIM
    AND HE DID END UP MAKING THINGS RIGHT TO THE BEST EXTENT... AND YOU WANTED MORE MORE MORE... YOU DO NOT REPLACE A WHOLE MERCEDES FOR A BUMPER ESPECIALLY WHEN THE OTHER GUY MAILS YOU THE BUMPER AND OFFERS TO PAY FOR THE LABOR
    MOVE ON... STEVEN MADE A MISTAKE, OFFERED TO MAKE IT RIGHT IMMEDIATELY (***AND TRIED HARDER THAN MOST WOULD NO LESS***), MADE IT RIGHT, AND THATS THAT... HE IS NOT A BAD GUY

that was admirable... and look at that steven DID come through and make it right.... way to flip flop randy....... i had respect for you after that post, sadly you got greedy and changed, you are much worse than you claim steven is. i am not alone in these thoughts.... you were respectable then... not anymore... nice job
    as you said steven brought up this issue even when nobody else was talking about it..... he never forgot about you, tried hard to contact you, and wish you had accepted his october offer... i heard it behind closed doors too.... he cared about you and you screwed it all up. you declined the offer and ignored him and then in july act like it never happened
    guy bends over backwards trying to make it right and you decline and ignore it... few months pass... you act like he never did and he is soooooo terrible... so ironic... SO fucked up........ and thats not all.... even after being put through the ringer he finds your address and forcibly makes it right past your flip flop attitude... and youre still not happy and suddenly want a 3k brand new piece of equipment for a small bend.....
    a small bend in the parts the guy already spent $500 replacing for ya good as new....... wooooooooow

In the immortal words of Bufford T. Justice - Shutup Shit...

#3466 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

He's most likely talking about this thread (unless there's a discussion of it in another thread). I'm selling a Gottlieb New York, New York and was inquiring about pricing. coindork made a comment in post #16 and it continues through post #20:
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/gottlieb-new-york-new-york.476136/

Wow. That totally lived up to the hype of people on KLOV talking!

Quoted from bbarker007:

people on klov have been talking and using this thread as a big example/wondering why the mods allow this to continue, i'm genuinely surprised you haven't shut this shitshow down yet

#3467 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

Hey Lloyd...you might want to pencil in "legal fees donations" to the list.

#3468 3 years ago

And so on and so forth. You forgot that. May need another edit.

#3469 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF

Hey, Steven. So are you still playing the pinside character of Otaku as you put it, or is this the real lovable you that we would all see in person that you keep telling us about? How many accounts can a person create to talk about themselves in third person?

#3470 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

In the immortal words of Bufford T. Justice - Shutup Shit...

AC7595F1-D5A1-4C41-9100-137812EB5CAF.gifAC7595F1-D5A1-4C41-9100-137812EB5CAF.gif
    #3471 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

steven bought you the parts randy you dont replace a whole frickin mercedes for a fender bender you buy the guy a new bumper and pay for the labor... steven did just that

You paid for the labor too? I thought you canceled the $100 check that you sent to boob without even mentioning it.

#3472 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

robin martijn tigerlaw the_dude_abides sealclubber @gweenpose pmwolf xerico jodester jlm33 forceflow @daditube
    just curious, any public comment on why this thread is not held to the standards of the pinside rules all other threads are held to? pages reminiscent of this last page pop up often and the continued harassment and insults surely violates the "personal attacks on other pinsiders" rule, "be nice" rule, and a few other rules
    i've read through the thread and counted over 100-150 violations that were not moderated against, some extremely severe, violent, hurtful, harassing, and obvious, meanwhile you moderated otaku for little things like "broken record" and "off topic" on a thread that hasn't been on topic for years considering the purpose of the thread was a 2018 event lol
    and don't say it was because they weren't reported because i and a group of people have been reporting posts as needed, and i doubt even that is necessary, as i know your team is checking this thread out often
    close the thread like phil-lee and others have said. the site is embarassing itself

Quoted from bbarker007:

RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF

Long winded, incoherent manifesto ✔️
    A million ellipsis'✔️
    Clueless half truths while ignoring facts✔️

Hey Steven/Otaku/Xexpinball/bbarker007/ (a couple more I forget). Just drop the charade and substitute "I" or "me" when you type in "Steven".
    I would say it's getting embarrassing but that ship sailed shortly after you joined Pinside.

#3473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Wait a tick, you mean to tell me the OWNER of an arcade with tens of thousands of customers, moonlights as a janitor?

Ya, he sniffs the toilet seats before he cleans them...

#3474 3 years ago

Shampoo
    Laundry Detergent
    Tooth Brush

Should be the to do list ...

Instead I have a feeling there is going to be a gofundme set up for a new keyboard - he has to be near wearing one out

#3476 3 years ago

So I just got a PM from Bob Barker, or 007, or whoever the hell that is (Steven) and was basically accused of being the ringleader here and helping to ruin his business or something. I want to get a few things clear here publicly, rather than write back to someone whose business this is not, or someone who has multiple personality disorder. Here we go:

1. I'm not a ringleader here. I'm just a guy that tried to help a stranger and got his new equipment damaged. Because I couldn't prove he did it, I said nothing. When he posted in Pinside about dropping it down the stairs, I knew how my unit got damaged. When he offered to make it right, I let it go; my life was nuts at that point, and it wasn't a high priority for me.

2. When it became a big thing here on Pinside and Steven offered to make things right again, I agreed. He sent the chain and a battery (although there is still some other damage that can't be readily replaced), so as far as I'm concerned, Steven was fine in my book. End of story...

3. ...THEN, he went and talked shit about me, sicced his dog Todd on me, and began to mock the situation on YouTube as if I was the one who had done something wrong. That's when my support for him went to hell. He should have sent the parts and shut his mouth.

4. Now he's selling t-shirts to profit off the situation. That's disgusting. I only bought 2 #paytheboob shirts because I thought it was being sold as a fundraiser to help me get a new Escalera. My bad.

5. Nobody "bought" me a new Escalera after the parts were sent to me. If you had been following this thread or had basic reading skills, you would know I tried to install the parts, and it's not something you can easily do without fucking up other parts of your game. Some awesome Pinsiders recognized I should probably have a new unit like I had before it was damaged, and they chipped in. With the donations and GorillaBiscuits buying my old one, it will replace the Escalera...but I'm still out shipping (and I bought a forklift this time). So the people here helped to make me whole. It doesn't matter if I considered the book closed with Steven or not.

6. I'm being accused of helping to ruin his business. That's ridiculous. I hope he's successful on everybody's money that he talked people out of. Might as well do some good with that unearned cash.

7. I've never urged anyone to say horrible things about Steven. I'm upvoting everything at this point...even "his" posts. What I'm doing and will continue to do is laugh at the situation, and at the #paytheboob stuff and The Mooching and all the rest of it. I could laugh or cry about it and I choose to laugh. I laugh at fucking EVERYTHING if you folks haven't noticed.

8. The new Escalera is unpacked and set up...the plaque is coming in next week. When it's on the machine I'll post photos and one final thank you.

And again...I never asked ANYBODY to donate to me. On the contrary, I'm really uncomfortable with it. Ask LTG or boilerman if I'm lying about that.

Sorry for the long post. But I don't sit still when someone accuses me of being a horrible person. Sometimes you just gotta give 'em a hearty fuck you.

#3477 3 years ago

Kid's a turd. Plain and simple. Try not to let it bother you any more.

#3478 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF

There’s the long post. Hi Steven and so on so forth.

#3479 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Does anyone care about the shirts? I know people were offering to help out Boob any way that they could but I don't think anyone really gave a rats ass about the t-shirt business. Who owns it, how much money they are making, who cares?

I heard a rumor that custom designed T shirts are being sent to anyone who donated to #paytheboob before 8/22.
    so on and so forth .....

#3480 3 years ago

Most “relevant” review for Gameseum and it’s been on top of the charts for weeks!

139054D2-A1A8-4AC2-8186-273179EFAC43 (resized).jpeg139054D2-A1A8-4AC2-8186-273179EFAC43 (resized).jpegB96AC23B-17B2-4730-B2E8-0B2CEA0D7D40 (resized).jpegB96AC23B-17B2-4730-B2E8-0B2CEA0D7D40 (resized).jpeg

#3481 3 years ago

People like Randy because of his behavior. Most of us have never met him.

Lloyd goes out of his way to share knowledge, jokes, and help. People like him too.

Steven, maybe learn from the examples?

The thread was dying, you popped back in and reignited it. That shirt stuff was terrible. Your comments on the TNT video were also terrible.

Please, show some humility.

I would be willing to wager you would gain quite a few legitimate friends afterwards.

#3482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

People like Randy because of his behavior. Most of us have never met him.
    Lloyd goes out of his way to share knowledge, jokes, and help. People like him too.
    Steven, maybe learn from the examples?
    The thread was dying, you popped back in and reignited it. That shirt stuff was terrible. Your comments on the TNT video were also terrible.
    Please, show some humility.
    I would be willing to wager you would gain quite a few legitimate friends afterwards.

Most people like me BECAUSE they've never met me.

#3483 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Most people like me BECAUSE they've never met me.

I read that with the visualization of your avatar saying it

#3484 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hey Lloyd...you might want to pencil in "legal fees donations" to the list.

That would be a biggie. No attorney would handle it on a contingency. So you'd need about $10K up front to hire a good litigator. And a good one would tell you that you can't win.

LTG : )

#3485 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Most “relevant” review for Gameseum and it’s been on top of the charts for weeks!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

He would probably get better reviews if he spent more time maintaining machines not typing out long winded responses.

#3486 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Long winded, incoherent manifesto ✔️
    A million ellipsis'✔️
    Clueless half truths while ignoring facts✔️
    Hey Steven/Otaku/Xexpinball/bbarker007/ (a couple more I forget). Just drop the charade and substitute "I" or "me" when you type in "Steven".
    I would say it's getting embarrassing but that ship sailed shortly after you joined Pinside.

Can't wait for gameseesome account to be out of their 30 day self time out in the corner....wait and see

#3487 3 years ago

This is the KLOV thread that account is referring to:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/just-me-or-is-klov-morphing-into-pinside.472426/

And yeah they point out some of the flaws that are inherent with internet forums including Pinside - the most prominent flaw in their opinion is forum "celebrities" who have a bit more... leeway when it comes to opinions. When moderation is inconsistent, it causes the perception of bias, so then the angry feelings start and so on and so forth. This happens in forums. This happens at Pinside. It's caused by human nature and judgement calls. Whatever.

So anyway that thread was pretty lighthearted untiiiilll

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/just-me-or-is-klov-morphing-into-pinside.472426/post-4168837

Someone comes in and tells the one-sided story of a true hero of Pinside, a font of knowledge who got cut down in his prime by the nefarious masters and the cabal of evil Pinside users. A champion of not-my-faultism.

So yes, KLOV is bitching about Pinside. Because the person in this thread pointing out the bitching IS THE PERSON DOING THE BITCHING.

Yet after that long winded post about how unfair the world is... no one takes the bait on KLOV.

f u c k i n g
    p a t h e t i c

#3488 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

. The new Escalera is unpacked and set up...the plaque is coming in next week. When it's on the machine I'll post photos and one final thank you.

Congrats on getting a nice new unit!! You'll have to let us know how that forklift option works!

So glad, despite gameseum / otaku , that you were able to get a nice unit again.

Don't let pathetic/shill account nonsense and extended babbles take ANYTHING away from that victory!!

You've stood tough and been a more patient, kind, understanding, and forgiving person than many of us could be; and certainly way more than you needed to be.

#3489 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

This is the KLOV thread that account is referring to:
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/just-me-or-is-klov-morphing-into-pinside.472426/
    And yeah they point out some of the flaws that are inherent with internet forums including Pinside - the most prominent flaw in their opinion is forum "celebrities" who have a bit more... leeway when it comes to opinions. When moderation is inconsistent, it causes the perception of bias, so then the angry feelings start and so on and so forth. This happens in forums. This happens at Pinside. It's caused by human nature and judgement calls. Whatever.
    So anyway that thread was pretty lighthearted untiiiilll
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/just-me-or-is-klov-morphing-into-pinside.472426/post-4168837
    Someone comes in and tells the one-sided story of a true hero of Pinside, a font of knowledge who got cut down in his prime by the nafarious masters and the cabal of evil Pinside users. A champion of not-my-faultism.
    So yes, KLOV is bitching about Pinside. Because the person in this thread pointing out the bitching IS THE PERSON DOING THE BITCHING.
    Yet after that long winded post about how unfair the world is... no one takes the bait on KLOV.
    f u c k i n g
    p a t h e t i c

What a long winded shit show otaku causes over there too. LMFAO that he has had to change his names over there too....

Must be EVERYONE else in the world....

Funny how clueless he acts there when I read his stuff. He thinks klovers don't know what pinside is? REALLY???

He can't POSSIBLY not be able to comprehend that there are many same people on ALL of the FB,Klov,Pinside,shows,etc places....I mean....maybe he really can't figure that out??

#3490 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

He thinks klovers don't know what pinside is? REALLY???

He can't POSSIBLY not be able to comprehend that there are many same people on ALL of the FB,Klov,Pinside,shows,etc places....I mean....maybe he really can't figure that out??

Some don't know about Pinside, really. And I mean that's ok. While KLOV is an arcade forum, not a video game forum, it is WAY MORE a video game forum. It's also a preservation society which tends to go in a different direction for maintaining and restoring games than Pinside.

#3491 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

He would probably get better reviews if he spent more time maintaining machines not typing out long winded responses.

And thus the very problem. I run an arcade. You know what bothers the hell out of me ? Games that play less than ideal. Have 100 vintage games and guess how many are gonna play less than ideal .... well if it’s just you repairing them ALOT. Thus you need unpaid volunteers to help. Why unpaid ? Because the business doesn’t bring in enough to pay them going wage unless you are a bar. So how do you get said volunteers ? Don’t be a jerk. Don’t ooze self indulgent narcissism with ever sentence you write. Listen to other people because they have good ideas too. That’s how you do it. OR you behave like a jerk, struggle to find anyone to help, and get a review indicating how the machines need help and hope you survive and find a way to get it done (by yourself). This year long saga is to keep showing time and again how one reverses this misfortune. And yet it is abundantly clear that the message will never be heard. The message heard by the subject of this thread is instead: “People are so unfair, I was just kidding so why don’t you get that and like me, the whole world is against me spewing fake news.” It’s really unfortunate that the filter in his brain keep transforming all that is written (on any forum for that matter) into this. Behave like a narcissistic egotistical jerk and people generally won’t like you. Why is that so difficult to understand ?

#3492 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image][quoted image]

His reply to a paying customer explains everything you need to know about this thread. The customer didn't have an amazing experience, so Steven starts off by apologizing, but by the end of his rant he is blaming the customer for not letting him know the games were broken.

#3493 3 years ago

I wonder if he realizes the business is going to fail so and he's setting up a fall guy. Aka the mastermind beelzeboob aka the masterboob

#3494 3 years ago

I agree with La4s.

I generally don't give free business advice to people I don't like but Steven won't listen anyway so it doesn't matter. That response to his customer was so hard for me to read. Nobody cares if you're open 12 hours a day. As a business owner it's your job to make sure your games are functioning correctly. Not your customers!

You're open 12 hours a day? Fine, then you get there early and make sure your machines are working correctly or turned off with a sign. This isn't advanced strategy, it's just normal business sense.

Ug, it so wearisome! And Boob, you don't need to justify anything. Steve was (is?) a sneaky, ungrateful person. If he had any integrity he would have let you know what happened when he returned it. That's why there was a delay Steven! It was your fault!

And these aren't "personal attacks". They are descriptive statements. You're welcome for the free character analysis.

#3495 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Aka the mastermind beelzeboob aka the masterboob

I wish I was that smart. Hence the "boob" in my Pinside name.

#3496 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

robin martijn tigerlaw the_dude_abides sealclubber @gweenpose pmwolf xerico jodester jlm33 forceflow @daditube
    i've read through the thread and counted over 100-150 violations that were not moderated against, some extremely severe, violent, hurtful, harassing, and obvious, meanwhile you moderated otaku for little things like "broken record" and "off topic" on a thread that hasn't been on topic for years considering the purpose of the thread was a 2018 event lol

Geez Steven. No one is breaking any rules pertaining to behaviour towards pinsiders. Since Steven himself... I mean you yourself... by his...your?.. own admission and actions is no longer a Pinsider.

#3497 3 years ago

From the KLOV post:

Over there you get the brand new guy posting something and the guy with 80 DMD pinball machines in his basement replying with snark with 40 different people "upvoting" his comment to stroke his e-penis. It's a toxic formula... the upvotes make things worse IMO. Horrific bandwagoning tendencies, dumpster fires, so on and so forth.

In this case, so on and so forth was a bunch of suggestions on how to act like a decent and humble person (both in person AND online). It was also ideas on how to open and run a business and respond to customers. And yes, a bunch of people reacting to novels of self love (from 5 different accounts). But come on now, this “dumpster fire” keeps burning because Steven keeps showing up to throw another few pallets in the dumpster along with a Molotov cocktail for good measure.

#3498 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I wonder if he realizes the business is going to fail so and he's setting up a fall guy. Aka the mastermind beelzeboob aka the masterboob

Are you saying what I think you are saying ? Boob is really the Evil Captain Kirk from Episode 24 The Enemy Within ? Now it all finally makes sense.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmagzq

My favorite line was: “Move out of your parents basement and grow the hell up”

#3499 3 years ago
    Quoted from bbarker007:

RANDY SAID IT HIMSELF

I didn’t know Bob Barker was on Pinside! Just when I think I’m out of this thread...another completely imbecilic post appears and it pulls me back in.

0B37A3A9-6BA7-4044-8E08-A6FD43A3DFEE (resized).jpeg0B37A3A9-6BA7-4044-8E08-A6FD43A3DFEE (resized).jpeg
    #3500 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

When more then half of the machines have something wrong, it feels a little pointless to let anyone know. At least at the places I've been to. Think its just different standards.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/70?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.