Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 79.
    #3151 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

once you hit 50 you don't give a damn what people think of you anymore?

Quote of the day!

I stopped giving a shit 4 years ago. Was a unexpected benefit of hitting the big 5O.

#3152 3 years ago

Tomorrow's assignment, a Basso Profondo arrangement in the Locrian mode; "Ode to Gameseum".

#3153 3 years ago

Boob share all those shill account messages. It’s not breaking the rules if the accounts are illegal to begin with.

#3154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:Tomorrow's assignment, a Basso Profondo arrangement in the Locrian mode; "Ode to Gameseum".

Think Stevie is already half-diminished.

#3155 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's a recent news story that was done about me if you want to get an idea of how I have a screw loose (check out the laser show...):
    http://newjersey.news12.com/clip/14823484/education-matters-music-teacher-keeps-music-alive-at-east-hanover-middle-school
    I could include the PBS segment or magazine article from when I taught elementary music, but I don't want to show off.
    I love my job - should have retired in January, but I'm not going anywhere.

Three takeaways after watching the video.

1. You're an amazing, giving person who makes an important difference in the lives of young people.
    2. Steven could learn from your kindness and generosity.
    3. You look nothing like your avatar.

#3156 3 years ago

What’s going on with the bullshit PMs? Did I miss something? Christ I have to get a newsfeed to this thread.

#3157 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's a recent news story that was done about me if you want to get an idea of how I have a screw loose (check out the laser show...):
    http://newjersey.news12.com/clip/14823484/education-matters-music-teacher-keeps-music-alive-at-east-hanover-middle-school
    I could include the PBS segment or magazine article from when I taught elementary music, but I don't want to show off.
    I love my job - should have retired in January, but I'm not going anywhere.

Impressive.

#3158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Have to ask, did you report these pm's to the moderators? Maybe they can investigate?
    Sad to hear that TNT is falling into this, if true.

Just got one, and it was so stupid I wasn't bothered by it. Again, there's a benefit to working with 12-year-olds. When adults start acting like it, you just feel like you're at work...and it's usually because you're rubbing somebody the wrong way. That's not such a bad thing, especially if the person is an asshole.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Boob share all those shill account messages. It’s not breaking the rules if the accounts are illegal to begin with.

Whoever sent it (and I can't really be sure that it was one of the Turtles), I'm not going to give them more exposure than they deserve. I really just don't care...I just thought it would be amusing to the people here to know that that kind of garbage had started. All I know is the account has been here less than a year and has zero everything in this forum.

#3159 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Three takeaways after watching the video.
    1. You're an amazing, giving person who makes an important difference in the lives of young people.
    2. Steven could learn from your kindness and generosity.
    3. You look nothing like your avatar.

I learned that he is also a fan of fundraisers. Probably why he clicked with Steven initially. I think he was also making moves on the newscaster

#3160 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I learned that he is also a fan of fundraisers. Probably why he clicked with Steven initially. I think he was also making moves on the newscaster

Yeah...you and my wife (and her friends) think that. She's the one that suggested we do a duet.

And the difference with my chorus fundraisers is that when you put money in, you actually get something back...and all the money goes to the kids.

You know...I guess maybe you're right. Steven's fundraisers all go to a kid as well.

#3161 3 years ago

Just a thought or two here:

If these pm's are in fact from shill accounts, why not encourage their removal?

If it is misbehaving children, let them learn that actions have consequences.

Lastly....

If Boob was hitting on the newscaster, he has good taste.

#3162 3 years ago

I made a comment on the Facebook post and it was quickly deleted and I was blocked from posting there anymore haha.

9B9D2ADC-8D9E-4C3F-B5EA-B2114BF064BD (resized).png9B9D2ADC-8D9E-4C3F-B5EA-B2114BF064BD (resized).png
    #3163 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

If these pm's are in fact from shill accounts, why not encourage their removal?

We're looking into it

#3164 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I made a comment on the Facebook post and it was quickly deleted and I was blocked from posting there anymore haha.
    [quoted image]

...and because of that epic post, I just friended you on Facebook.

#3165 3 years ago

Turtle Sour?

#3166 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

We're looking into it

Can you identify the IP address where a Pinsider logs in, then identify any other accounts that were logged into from that same IP address? You could close several shill accounts that way. You could also block someone like otaku from opening new shill accounts by blocking that IP address.

#3167 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Can you identify the IP address where a Pinsider logs in, then identify any other accounts that were logged into from that same IP address? You could close several shill accounts that way. You could also block someone like otaku from opening new shill accounts by blocking that IP address.

While this was an effective tool decades ago... not so much anymore. The ready availability of VPNs, multiple devices, etc make it futile except against the most crude trolls.

#3168 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

make it futile except against the most crude trolls.

Are you saying that you think that Steven and friends are tech savvy? I think they fall in the most crude trolls category. I think it’s worth a try to block them from Pinside. It’s ok to have disagreements here, but only using the site to attack people through pms should result in people being banned from the site and efforts made to prevent them from returning.

#3169 3 years ago

But Steven himself said he's way superior in Internet skills, compared to most Pinside folks

#3170 3 years ago

The talking in the third person is the most irritating thing about his Facebook posts, after of course the excessive verbosity.

#3171 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

excessive verbosity

Added to the list of potential band names

#3172 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Isn't the term "excessive verbosity" an example of excessive verbosity?

#3173 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

How about:

Desirable Cabaret
    Spacelab
    Takin' Our Leave
    Todd's Lap

#3174 3 years ago

Eschew obfuscation

#3175 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about:
    Desirable Cabaret
    Spacelab
    Takin' Our Leave
    Todd's Lap

LOL@Todd's lap!

#3176 3 years ago

Wait, I got it !!

The Bloviating Apostrophes !!!

#3177 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:How about:
    Desirable Cabaret
    Spacelab
    Takin' Our Leave
    Todd's Lap

Spacelab actually sounds pretty cool.

But 'Todd's Lap'

#3178 3 years ago

Tucky and Mooch will always be my favorite Tom Hanks movie

#3179 3 years ago

Yes not to mention I have a disclaimer on every page:

"Any resemblance to real persons or other real-life entities is purely coincidental. Any resemblance to real persons, dead or alive, or other real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental"

I honestly just think the slogan or name is catchy and I was having fun making designs.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Pay the boob make no specific reference to gamesuem.
    Who cares?
    How were you contacted if you don’t mind me asking?
    This is tempting me to move forward with my own shirts.
    At the very least I’ll be wearing my own custom shirt at the Allentown show next year.
    Unless pay the boob is trademarked and I’m pretty sure it isn’t, I’m getting some shirts made.
    Pm if interested.

#3180 3 years ago

I’m jamming right now to some Creedence Clearwater Revival and I just gotta say that Tucky and the Poor Boys is a one kick ass album

#3181 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The only further thing I'd like to add is Yuppicide has excellent taste in music.

I saw your name earlier. I plan to get a tattoo of Gorilla Biscuits logo and banana peel on my arm. I already have a Misfits logo.

I actually made Walter Schreifels a shirt and a bunch of us chipped in and also bought him gift certificates to the coffee shop he likes. The shirt was a Warzone parody that looked like one of their album covers.. instead of Don't forget the struggle don't forget the streets it said don't forget the coffee don't forget the pancakes.. funny thing is he sends us back a photo of him wearing the shirt eating waffles.. were the waffles intentional because I wrote pancakes on the shirt? I'll never know.

#3182 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The only further thing I'd like to add is Yuppicide has excellent taste in music.

Also, Yuppicides cover of the R.E.M. song "The One I Love" is fantastic and better than the original:

#3183 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Are you saying that you think that Steven and friends are tech savvy?

I'm saying even people of your age can easily defeat it now.

I don't doubt for a second a 20 something already has a VPN account...

#3184 3 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

Spacelab actually sounds pretty cool.
    But 'Todd's Lap'

How about "Todd and the Turtles" ?

#3185 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

How about "Todd and the Turtles" ?

So Happy Together

#3186 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

So Happy Together

That's all we need. Todd and the boys singing that in their ninja costumes!!

#3187 3 years ago

LOL... Lyrics to the second verse are kinda fitting

If I should call you up, invest a dime
    And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
    Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
    With a new Escalera

#3188 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

LOL... Lyrics to the second verse are kinda fitting
    If I should call you up, invest a dime
    And you say you belong to me and ease my mind
    Imagine how the world could be, so very fine
    So happy together

Some filthy sweats, a TNT vid
    The future of Pinball, a slovenly kid
    Chuck a game off the roof, already did
    So crappy together!!

#3189 3 years ago

I can't see mooch paying nobody even the boob
    For all my life
    When you're with Steve , Booby the lies will never be true
    For all his life

#3190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

I can't see me paying nobody even the boob
    For all my life
    When you're with Steve Baby the lies will never be true
    For all my life

Nice. I’d also go with:

It ain’t honest work, But I’m go fundme,
    for all of my life!
    Are you reading a post Written by me
    Or Is it my wife?

#3191 3 years ago

Not bad : ) Well that was fun
    Lennon and McCartney ain’t got nothing on us.

“a slovenly kid“ - funny as hell

#3192 3 years ago

So I've place the order for a new Escalera with ZMeny and this long national nightmare is soon to be over, thanks to some amazing Pinsiders. Please look over this list and let me know if you donated and I missed you...then there's some important stuff at the end of this post:

Pinsiders who donated:

BigT
    boilerman
    jaytrem
    cogito
    LTG
    Flowst
    pookycade
    mickey
    NoQuarters
    Rezdog
    RWH
    Boat
    Mbecker
    pacmanretro
    Tuukka

Hon. Mention (people who indirectly helped out):

JodyG (Pinside donation)
    GorillaBiscuits (Ramen)

The reason I want to make sure everybody who helped is on the list is because I'm going to have a small stainless steel plaque made that says it's the Pinside Escalera, made possible by everybody listed. And all your names will be on it so I can think of the amazing people who helped a stranger out every time I use it. (It'll also remind me to buy you a beer when I run into you at a pinball show.)

Again, MY UNDYING GRATITUDE to everybody who helped me out in any way. I'm pretty sure I missed a couple of people because it got really confusing with people not telling me their Pinside names, so please let me know if you're not on there and should be.

#3193 3 years ago

And thanks for getting the new version of Happy Together stuck in my head...

#3194 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:He's working on something really cool.

Oh c’mon boob don’t be a click teaser.

#3195 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

who wrote this?
    [quoted image]

I had ommented that he was patting himself on the back. If you want to pay Todd a compliment that's fine he's a great person and a wealth of knowledge.

#3196 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm saying even people of your age can easily defeat it now.
    I don't doubt for a second a 20 something already has a VPN account...

Every teen I know has a VPN app on their phone to unlock the region lock so they can access all the Netflix movies amongst other things.

#3197 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Every teen I know has a VPN app on their phone to unlock the region lock so they can access all the Netflix movies amongst other things.

Um...how many teens do you know???

#3198 3 years ago

You know. Someone in this thread mentioned Ramen.. I have a shirt up I designed for sale:

https://shop.spreadshirt.com/kentuckyfriedclothing/ramen-A5d89ec6220517626421fa7fe

low-price-high-blood-pressure (resized).jpglow-price-high-blood-pressure (resized).jpg
    #3199 3 years ago

I think this whole thread is made up. Only because I always see mention of this Escalera, but I've no idea what it is, never saw a picture, don't know what it does.

ooooohhh.. escalAra.. now I see what it is. Looks cool. I was spelling it wrong the whole time.

#3200 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuppicide:ooooohhh.. escalAra

Wood Bros. should take steps to improve their spelling

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/64?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.