Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 79.
    #3051 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We won’t get fooled again!

Those comments aren't directed at my post, right!?

I figured I'd just put up a fun way for a few people to get some little decals for helping boob out. Not going to make any money off it, just offering up some free time/supplies.

#3052 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Levi is actually right: I DON'T deserve a new Escalera on the backs on Pinsiders. (And btw...the donations wouldn't even come close to getting me one, anyway.) And what I did was extremely foolish. (My wife would agree with him by the way.) But my only mistake was in not being more discerning about who I lend my stuff out to. I was trying to help a kid out in a time of need. Had I know then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. But sadly, I'd probably do it again for the right, responsible person. I blame my parents...it's just how I was raised.

What is the current status of your escalera? Is it functional? Damaged in any way that impacts your usage of it?

#3053 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Those comments aren't directed at my post, right!?
    I figured I'd just put up a fun way for a few people to get some little decals for helping boob out. Not going to make any money off it, just offering up some free time/supplies.

Just fucking around dude nothing to do with you

#3054 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What is the current status of your escalera? Is it functional? Damaged in any way that impacts your usage of it?

Damaged but functional. It was nearly brand new when I lent it out. I think I used it twice by that point. The stuff thats bent on it bespeaks one hell of an impact at some point.

#3055 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Damaged but functional. It was nearly brand new when I left it out. I think I used it twice by that point. The stuff thats bent on it bespeaks one hell of an impact at some point.

How about pics of the damage? Could be another t-shirt idea: “ I got Screwed by Oataku”. Since that name isn’t trademarked or really legally binding.

I’m holding out for “The Mooching “ that’s pretty much the synopsis of this entire shitshow. Im in as long as some of The funding goes to: #PAYTHEBOOB. I also hope the tshirts are a blend, a 100% cotton 2X becomes an XL rather quickly.

#3056 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Damaged but functional. It was nearly brand new when I left it out. I think I used it twice by that point. The stuff thats bent on it bespeaks one hell of an impact at some point.

Dare I venture...ain’t broke don’t fix it? Sucks about the damage but if it works without any issues I’d probably just live with it. You are never gonna put the kind of beating on it otaku did you probably move as many games in 5 years as he moved that day.

#3057 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

How about pics of the damage? Could be another t-shirt idea: “ I got Screwed by Oataku”. Since that name isn’t trademarked or really legally binding.
    I’m holding out for “The Mooching “ that’s pretty much the synopsis of this entire shitshow. Im in as long as some of The funding goes to: #PAYTHEBOOB. I also hope the tshirts are a blend, a 100% cotton 2X becomes an XL rather quickly.

The mooching rules.

And don’t forget boobethyap on the back in dripping blood !

#3058 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can you sill use a little help with this ? Please let me know.

LTG : )

#3059 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Shocked to see the little grifter in the TNT video.
    Doubly shocked to hear his indefensible and unfunny comments regarding the escalera in said video.
    Todd loses all integrity not only for not editing out the little a-hole's comments, but adding a "wah-wah" noise after them. What were you thinking, man?

What bothers me is the total lack of sympathy by 2 persons making a living off of Pinball. That video shows how naive Todd was as to the severity of his little sidekicks antics and the negative impact it will have on his customers. Then the foolish jestures of said Little Asshole exhibits a testament to his apathy and immaturity.

#3060 3 years ago

Well....since I got em, figured I should go ahead and put one on the bottom of my Disco....as a reminder to take it easy when moving it...

I heard they are a rare and sought after game
    KIMG7921 (resized).jpgKIMG7921 (resized).jpg

#3061 3 years ago

For those who wish to support randy, and help offset the cost to replace the damaged escalara.
    PM me for info.
    this is NOT a in anyway like "floodgate" beelzeboob is a great guy and got screwed for it. Randy is not keen on the whole help thing, pride and good up bring makes us want to fix things without help. with some reluctance he will not fight back....
    NOTE anything donated will go DIRECTLY to randy no middle Man....

#PAYTHEBOOB

#3062 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

What bothers me is the total lack of sympathy by 2 persons making a living off of Pinball. That video shows how naive Todd was as to the severity of his little sidekicks antics and the negative impact it will have on his customers. Then the foolish jestures of said Little Asshole exhibits a testament to his apathy and immaturity.

the part that gets me is, he saw the backlash and quickly removed it without comment. he should of posted it was in poor taste. man up and admit it was there not just erase it and go on. if he wants steven to hang around that is on him, i lost respect for him when he pretends he doesn't know what really happened. you know he has been reading this thread.

#3063 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

For those who wish to support randy, and help offset the cost to replace the damaged escalara.
    PM me for info.
    this is NOT a in anyway like "floodgate" beelzeboob is a great guy and got screwed for it. Randy is not keen on the whole help thing, pride and good up bring makes us want to fix things without help. with some reluctance he will not fight back....
    #PAYTHEBOOB

Tell you guys what, before anybody starts thinking I was trying to profit, being an annoying middle man, or anything negative...

Anybody that donates 20+ bucks directly to Randy, I'll send them a couple small ones free if they want them. And I'll cover shipping...

Just PM me

#3064 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dare I venture...ain’t broke don’t fix it? Sucks about the damage but if it works without any issues I’d probably just live with it.

NO that's my job now! Don't mess this up for me Levi. We already worked out a deal and I get a t-shirt, delivery, tutorial... even the upgraded handles that are impossible for him to remove which otherwise would not be included.

I love damaged shit.

(just ask my wife hey-o!)

#3065 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Tell you guys what, before anybody starts thinking I was trying to profit, being an annoying middle man, or anything negative...
    Anybody that donates 20+ bucks directly to Randy, I'll send them a couple small ones free if they want them. And I'll cover shipping...

my post was a continuation of my original post about helping. not in anyway insinuating that you were profiting. i still think that if someone wants to help randy and wants a decal they can still do it. either way randy still gets the help. i just don't have your talent or any other talent for that matter.

#3066 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

my post was a continuation of my original post about helping. not in anyway insinuating that you were profiting. i still think that if someone wants to help randy and wants a decal they can still do it. either way randy still gets the help. i just don't have your talent or any other talent for that matter.

I don't know about talent

All good. I didn't mean it against just your post...just in general. But I quoted your post since yours was the one mentioning direct contributions

#3067 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I don't know about talent
    All good. I didn't mean it against just your post...just in general. But I quoted your post since yours was the one mentioning direct contributions

i did like the look of the large one on the bottom of the cabinet!

#3068 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dare I venture...ain’t broke don’t fix it? Sucks about the damage but if it works without any issues I’d probably just live with it. You are never gonna put the kind of beating on it otaku did you probably move as many games in 5 years as he moved that day.

You may like to look at a fucked-up piece of equipment and think of Otaku every time you do, but I prefer to move on and have a unit look like it did when I lent it out, even if it's money out of my pocket. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so my OCD kicks in whenever something isn't quite the way it's supposed to be. GorillaBiscuits is so busy eating cases of Ramen he won't give a shit about the imperfections.

#3069 3 years ago

I love that fact that this thread hasn't been about Gamesum as a business in months but rather trying to make things right for Boob. Steven's business is an afterthought and his own childish behavior is the actual story. Shame on Todd Tuckey and I hope that he is reading everything written about him.

#3070 3 years ago

Post deleted due to poor taste and my failure to read the room. Sincere apology for my insincerity

#3071 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

gorillabiscuits is so busy eating cases of Ramen he won't give a shit about the imperfections.

Don’t worry bud, I saved one for you!

#3072 3 years ago

Is it fancy Ramen!? Like some sort of Dijon ramen?

#3073 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i did like the look of the large one on the bottom of the cabinet!

I had already made a few of the 11" ones up before I realized I couldn't fit them in a smaller mailer/envelope as easily....and when I walked up, that metal plate just called out to me

If I had originally made it for that location intentionally, I probably would have made it bigger!

#3074 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is it fancy Ramen!? Like some sort of Dijon ramen?

Nope. As I understand it, since we're both from Jersey, it's just your standard white trash Ramen.

#3075 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

PM me for info.
    #PAYTHEBOOB

Ok Mr. Boob, or is it Beelze?

It was put up or shut up time, and I chose the former

Good luck with Escalera-gate Hopefully others will add in.

Mr. Tuckey wisely removed the negative comments from his Youtube video. Smart move on his part, but we all know what Steven said anyhow.

- Jim

#paytheboob

#3076 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. As I understand it, since we're both from Jersey, it's just your standard white trash Ramen.

AHH, the good stuff

KIMG7924 (resized).jpgKIMG7924 (resized).jpg
    #3077 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

AHH, the good stuff
    [quoted image]

THAT'S IT!!! The Costco Special...

Quoted from Flowst:

Ok Mr. Boob, or is it Beelze?
    It was put up or shut up time, and I chose the former
    Good luck with Escalera-gate Hopefully others will add in.
    Mr. Tuckey wisely removed the negative comments from his Youtube video. Smart move on his part, but we all know what Steven said anyhow.
    - Jim
    #paytheboob

You and the few others who have kicked in are amazing people, and I can't thank you enough. I've promised that any overages will go to either St. Jude's or Bryan Kelly's Juvenile Diabetes Fund. (Although I don't think we'll get there...but anyway I'm only talking about replacing the unit itself...the forklift I'm adding will, of course, come out of my own pocket. Nobody here has to worry about me buying new games on your dime. I mean...WHO DOES THAT???)

#3078 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nobody here has to worry about me buying new games on your dime. I mean...WHO DOES THAT???)

Just A-holes

#3079 3 years ago

Quick announcement: If you're one of the wonderful Pinsiders who were generous enough to send me a donation, could you please let me know your Pinside handle on your Paypal note or send me a PM on Pinside to let me know it was you? I like to send a personal note of thanks to everybody who does that for me, but I just got one and I don't know who it is! Thank you!!!

#3080 3 years ago

@ boilerman - message sent. I would like to add a donation. Need recipient address.

@ beelzeboob - special thanks not necessary - I'll take the above post as thanks enough.

Way back when I offered to fund for a haircut for Otaku - that offer is withdrawn...
    Instead I will be happy to donate toward the new Escalara instead.

#3081 3 years ago

This one was from me. No thanks required, just watch your filthy language around my cat when you teach me how to use my broken Escalera.

CUSSING (resized).jpgCUSSING (resized).jpg
    #3082 3 years ago

So tell me what you would think of this......

We hold a private 'Pay The Boob Pinside Party' at Gamseum. We pre-book the place so we know that it will be open. Book it under someone's individual name so it's not shown under Pinside, and get as many Pinsider's there as we can. Have everyone show up wearing a Pinside badge, and then really enjoy how uncomfortable Mr. Steve gets. Lots of pictures would be taken. Honest reviews left all over the Internet where Mr. Steve can't delete the one's that he does not like.

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Steve will realize that the Pinside people aren't as bad as he's made them out to be. And maybe he will decide he'd rather have the support of the Pinside community and will make things right with Boob.

Ground rules will be simple: Everyone is respectful, everyone is non-confrontational. It's all about the pinball. It's showing Mr. Steve how adults should conduct themselves by example, and do right by others. What it will NOT be is a bitch session that degrades into something that nobody would be proud of.

Yeah, I don't necessarily like thinking about that he'd be bringing in $25 per person to his business. But maybe the light will go on in his head that it's an opportunity to take care of a debt with what will essentially be 'found money (yeah, I might be giving the lad too much credit). But I'd gladly pay $25 to see him squirm under those circumstances.

Anybody in?

#3083 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

So tell me what you would think of this......
    We hold a private 'Pay The Boob Pinside Party' at Gamseum. We pre-book the place so we know that it will be open. Book it under someone's individual name so it's not shown under Pinside, and get as many Pinsider's there as we can. Have everyone show up wearing a Pinside badge, and then really enjoy how uncomfortable Mr. Steve gets. Lots of pictures would be taken. Honest reviews left all over the Internet where Mr. Steve can't delete the one's that he does not like.
    Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Steve will realize that the Pinside people aren't as bad as he's made them out to be. And maybe he will decide he'd rather have the support of the Pinside community and will make things right with Boob.
    Ground rules will be simple: Everyone is respectful, everyone is non-confrontational. It's all about the pinball. It's showing Mr. Steve how adults should conduct themselves by example, and do right by others. What it will NOT be is a bitch session that degrades into something that nobody would be proud of.
    Yeah, I don't necessarily like thinking about that he'd be bringing in $25 per person to his business. But maybe the light will go on in his head that it's an opportunity to take care of a debt with what will essentially be 'found money (yeah, I might be giving the lad too much credit). But I'd gladly pay $25 to see him squirm under those circumstances.
    Anybody in?

I think spending 25 bucks directly towards boobs new equipment is a better use of money....

That guy won't ever learn so there is no point in providing him a booked business to buy more games with instead of helping right his wrongs.

Lost cause there, in my opinion.

#3084 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like boob and feel bad for him but I don’t think he deserves a free escalara on the pinside house.
    We all make mistakes and we all learn from them. Giving a complete stranger the use of a brand new $1500 tool to move 30-40 (!!!) games with was a mistake, as well intentioned as it was.
    Totally fucking nuts, really.

I do not agree with Levi much but I do agree on this and they are way more than $1500 these days. NUTS.

#3085 3 years ago

Another thought, although it's kind of a mean thought......

Book it sometime around Halloween and make it a costume party. Everyone shows up in sweats and wearing a wig.

#3086 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I think spending 25 bucks directly towards boobs new equipment is a better use of money....
    That guy won't ever learn so there is no point in providing him a booked business to buy more games with instead of helping right his wrongs.
    Lost cause there, in my opinion.

Agreed!! Besides, are you really gonna fly or drive from Illinois to Pa. for the gameseum?

#3087 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Agreed!! Besides, are you really gonna fly or drive from Illinois to Pa. for the gameseum?

Oh, I understand that it would be mostly Pinsider's from PA, NY, WV, maybe eastern Ohio. I am presuming Boob must live somewhat close, since he loaned his machine to this knucklehead, so he would be the honored guest of course. But from those four or five states, wouldn't you think 20-25 Pinsider's would enjoy the festivities? Plus, the point is to make the little pos squirm a little.

#3088 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nope. I wouldn't walk across the street for that.

Neither would a number of closer people I'm sure.

#3089 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Oh, I understand that it would be mostly Pinsider's from PA, NY, WV, maybe eastern Ohio. I am presuming Boob must live somewhat close, since he loaned his machine to this knucklehead, so he would be the honored guest of course. But from those four or five states, wouldn't you think 20-25 Pinsider's would enjoy the festivities? Plus, the point is to make the little pos squirm a little.

I'm about 1.5 hrs away and wouldn't make the trip.

#3090 3 years ago

Probably not. No interest here.

#3091 3 years ago

I’d go just to steal the “tip jar”!

#3092 3 years ago

Well, it was just an idea. My sense of humor is a little warped, but my sense of justice is not. Thought it might be an interesting way to make a point, and possibly give someone a chance to change his perspective along with making right on something way past due.

If by chance this were ever to gain positive momentum, count me in. I live in the state of Washington, but have been stuck in New Hampshire for the past several months because of not wanting to get on a plane. But I'd drive the 6.5 hours for something like this.

Plus, I want to meet The Boob!

#3093 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

and possibly give someone a chance to change his perspective along with making right on something way past due.

That's the problem part. I agree he is a lost cause.

#3094 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Plus, I want to meet The Boob!

...said nobody, ever.

#3095 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...said nobody, ever.

I have, but he probably doesn't remember.

Dropping his name at certain pinball events gives you instant cred!

#3096 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

$25 per person to his business.

Hi Steve : )

#3097 3 years ago

Could a private party fit with the tens of thousands of regulars?

#3098 3 years ago

who wrote this?

20200812_174117 (resized).jpg20200812_174117 (resized).jpg
    #3099 3 years ago

The guy in the ninja turtle suit?

#3100 3 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Could a private party fit with the tens of thousands of regulars?

Only on Wednesdays

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/62?hl=isayits4mykids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.