Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 79.
    #3001 3 years ago

Lameass?
    Loser?
    Leech?

Take your pick...

#3002 3 years ago

#3003 3 years ago
    Quoted from yuppicide:

I wrote cease and desist because I thought it was funny. I was asked nicely to remove the site so I did. Eventually I may do something with it equally as stupid.

Pay the boob make no specific reference to gamesuem.
    Who cares?
    How were you contacted if you don’t mind me asking?
    This is tempting me to move forward with my own shirts.
    At the very least I’ll be wearing my own custom shirt at the Allentown show next year.

Unless pay the boob is trademarked and I’m pretty sure it isn’t, I’m getting some shirts made.
    Pm if interested.

#3004 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm not sure what yuppicide is worried about. Was the C&D written in crayon?

#3005 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Pay the boob make no specific reference to gamesuem.
    Who cares?
    How were you contacted if you don’t mind me asking?
    This is tempting me to move forward with my own shirts.
    At the very least I’ll be wearing my own custom shirt at the Allentown next year.
    Unless pay the boob is trademarked and I’m pretty sure it isn’t, I’m getting some shirts made.
    Pm if interested.

I was considering running a batch of #PAYTHEBOOB
    Vinyl lettering.

#3006 3 years ago

Shocked to see the little grifter in the TNT video.

Doubly shocked to hear his indefensible and unfunny comments regarding the escalera in said video.

Todd loses all integrity not only for not editing out the little a-hole's comments, but adding a "wah-wah" noise after them. What were you thinking, man?

#3007 3 years ago

Paytheboob just isn’t as funny as it was after watching that video. Steven and friends openly mocking this man has brought this thread to a new low. Please take no offense beezleboob. YOU are not the joke here. What is a joke is just how badly this still unresolved issue is being handled. I would seriously pursue “counsel” other than us fellow pinsiders.

#3008 3 years ago

So, when Otakhole finally screws Todd over (which he will because it's his nature) will Todd make a mocking video about it?

#3009 3 years ago

No, but one can hope beezleboob will

#3010 3 years ago

Was said comment deleted?

#3011 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

That is disgraceful. I thumbed down the video and made a comment letting him know why.

He must have deleted the comment. I don't see it.

#3012 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Paytheboob just isn’t as funny as it was after watching that video. Steven and friends openly mocking this man has brought this thread to a new low. Please take no offense beezleboob. YOU are not the joke here. What is a joke is just how badly this still unresolved issue is being handled. I would seriously pursue “counsel” other than us fellow pinsiders.

Why isn't it funny after the video? And I'm not going to watch the video...I don't really care what's on it. Anything said about me says more about them than it does about me. I'm not going to pursue any counsel. As far as I know, stupidity isn't illegal. I thought it was just one statement Todd says on the video? It's not some drawn out thing, right?

And isn't the statement about me spoken by a man dressed like a ninja turtle? That's pretty much all you need to know, if you ask me.

#3013 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

He must have deleted the comment. I don't see it.

Yeah....pulling a gameseum on that crap... delete negative stuff, leave only positive.

#3014 3 years ago

The only further thing I'd like to add is Yuppicide has excellent taste in music.

#3015 3 years ago

THE BOOB ABIDES!
    Thank you for letting us play in this shit show.

#3016 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Was said comment deleted?

Yeah, it was deleted. About the 8:13 mark. Guess Todd is in damage control. Entire video should be deleted.

#3017 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, it was deleted. About the 8:13 mark. Guess Todd is in damage control. Entire video should be deleted.

He edited the video?

#3018 3 years ago

I'm really disappointed Todd took the stance of making fun of the boob...this would have been an awesome opportunity to bring Steven and Boob together at the shop and do a video on how to repair the Escalera. Everybody would win.

Todd is a smart guy, and I dont understand why he wouldn't take the time to look at the other side of the story. I'm sure he would be pretty pissed if someone broke his $3000 tool and then made a mockery of him on top of it all in front of a sizable youtube fan base. Im not even sure "disappointed" is the right word...maybe more of a let down.

#3019 3 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

He edited the video?

I think Todd had a moment of clarity and edited that piece out because I can’t find it either.

I’ve met him and think he’s a great guy. He tells it how it is. I haven’t had a chance to talk to him about the Steviejeebies situation but he riffs on EVERYTHING.
    Most likely he didn’t take it as seriously and thought to make light of it.

When you take a step back and you’re not personally involved, you can see the humor in it.

With the world in such turmoil, seeming like the end of days, a couple of guys on a pinball website bitching about a stair climber and some awkward dude in sweatypants can seem kinda trivial.

Once he rapidly saw just how many people Stevie pissed off, how many bridges the kid’s burned and how seriously everyone involved actually takes it, he removed it.

I usually just skip videos with the dunce in them anyway, because the kid is tough to watch.

#3020 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I was considering running a batch of #PAYTHEBOOB
    Vinyl lettering.

does that mean they could be “ironed on”/applied to a T-shirt or would it have a self adhesive backer like a decal or sticker?

#3021 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How fucked in the head do you have to be to create 18 different accounts, talk about yourself in the third person, and truly believe that you are fooling people.

Have you met this whacko? I have and nothing surprises me one bit.

#3022 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Maybe a Labor Day telethon.

Jerry Lewis would be proud !

#3023 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

does that mean they could be “ironed on”/applied to a T-shirt or would it have a self adhesive backer like a decal or sticker?

I'm just a hobbyist, not a professional print shop, so was thinking of doing some printed peel and stick stickers but I don't like how they don't hold up to wiping down/weather (like pro shop ones do). So was just thinking about making some decals on my vinyl cutter.

They would just require slowly peeling the backing off, applying even pressure, and then removing the front masking carefully. Great for tool boxes, phone cases, non dishwasher mugs, etc

Sorry, I haven't messed with iron on stuff...yet.

#3024 3 years ago

Here is my post on floodgate . I stand by what I posted.

50874893-3F61-472D-B1B8-A581A5823D6E (resized).png50874893-3F61-472D-B1B8-A581A5823D6E (resized).png
    #3025 3 years ago

Todd has done a shit ton of good for our hobby. Lets keep the hate where it belongs on the d-bag Otaku himself. Im afraid Stevie has pulled the wool over todds eyes, Todd is as much the victim here. can u imagine trying to be nice to the kid, and the kid stabbing todd in the back making him look bad? Now i dislike otaku even more for deceiving a nice ol guy.

#3026 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Todd has done a shit ton of good for our hobby. Lets keep the hate where it belongs on the d-bag Otaku himself. Im afraid Stevie has pulled the wool over todds eyes, Todd is as much the victim here. can u imagine trying to be nice to the kid, and the kid stabbing todd in the back making him look bad? Now i dislike otaku even more for deceiving a nice ol guy.

Yeah...but your post makes it sound like Todd doesn't have free will or the smarts to use good judgment or at least get all the facts first before spouting off. Like I said in an earlier post, the fact that he's done good things for the hobby doesn't excuse him from doing something stupid. He's smarter than that. I never said a bad word about the guy, but he went after me like I did something wrong. That's bullshit.

#3027 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but your post makes it sound like Todd doesn't have free will or the smarts to use good judgment or at least get all the facts first before spouting off. Like I said in an earlier post, the fact that he's done good things for the hobby doesn't excuse him from doing something stupid. He's smarter than that. I never said a bad word about the guy, but he went after me like I did something wrong. That's bullshit.

Fair enuf, know that i have always been at Otaku for his crappy behavior. I just think he runs to todd and cries about mean ol pinside. And todd doesnt understand the depth of his lies and manipulation. Steve owes you a new escalera. Period. His behavior is douche bag supreme kinda stuff.

#3028 3 years ago

Last night I was musing (to myself) about How the go fund me king should just start one for the escalera..With funds directly to Boob’s PayPal or something— given that we are clear he’s not buying Randy a new one because all corners of the situation are good now. At least he’d be helping Randy AND doing something he’s good at (taking free money from strangers) but it Just seemed like such a cop out and at this Point I don’t think anyone wants him involved.

The T-shirts are a great idea. In addition, what about directly throwing a few bones to Randys PayPal to make up the difference on a new escalera and straighten out some good karma he deserves for loaning it out? Steven has burned any bridges or goodwill he could have had here unfortunately and that ship has sailed into the upside down but as a community we can def. make it right for the boob.

#3029 3 years ago

How the hell did Gameseum get their account back open after voluntarily closing it????? Thought 30 days was mandatory wait time to re-open an account after closing?????????? Steven sure has a lot more pull somewhere than the rest of us, I don't get it, screw the community, provide lame excuses for behavior, and then cap that with involving respected businesses owners then close your account and reopen when you feel like it............Anyone got an answer for this???????

#3030 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

How the hell did Gameseum get their account back open after voluntarily closing it????? Thought 30 days was mandatory wait time to re-open an account after closing?????????? Steven sure has a lot more pull somewhere than the rest of us, I don't get it, screw the community, provide lame excuses for behavior, and then cap that with involving respected businesses owners then close your account and reopen when you feel like it............Anyone got an answer for this???????

What are you talking about? The account is still deactivated.

#3031 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What are you talking about? The account is still deactivated

Not showing deactivated on my screen so that's why I asked.

#3032 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Not showing deactivated on my screen so that's why I asked.

Look at the profile page.

#3033 3 years ago

So it doesn't show on the front page of their biz account? I opened their biz account in the biz section and it's not saying deactivated. Okay just curious is all, so it won't show unless you go to profile.

#3034 3 years ago

Unlike some other people (cough, cough), I was never the kind of guy to start a GoFundMe to benefit myself. I just figured if I was going through some hardship, that was life rearing its ugly head and I had to power through it because it builds character. The only time I ever started a GoFundMe was to pay for LTG to come to Pintastic since he wouldn't be able to swing it otherwise (he did come and had a blast, btw!).

So when I woke up this morning to find that Mbecker and BigT both made sizable donations to help make me whole, it felt a little awkward for me, but also swelled my heart to see the outpouring of support from people I've never met trying to help a total stranger out--kind of like what I did with Otaku. (At least I hope my heart was swelled by love and not all the bacon I eat.)

A million thank yous to those two ridiculously generous gentlemen (one donated to my Paypal, the other is calling Zach with a donation). I'm a strong believer in karma, and this is one example of good karma coming back around. So, I wish great things to happen to you both, and hope to thank you in person at a future show by buying you drink or something. Anything I can think to do for you guys just seems so inadequate.

#3035 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

So it doesn't show on the front page of their biz account? I opened their biz account in the biz section and it's not saying deactivated. Okay just curious is all, so it won't show unless you go to profile.

It doesn't even matter. You know he'll be back and/or is already here, right?

#3036 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It doesn't even matter. You know he'll be back and/or is already here, right?

i am not a big fan of those 3rd party donation sites. they take a sizable cut from the pot for basically being a do nothing middle man. I am sure many like myself who truly love this hobby and the 99% of the great people in it would like to see Randy made whole. This whole thing was a shit show from the start. It only got worse as time went on. Randy please PM me your PP account info or post it for those of us that would like to help you get back to where you were before Steven took advantage of you kindness. i am sure that you will have an out pouring of support and you will be able to cut your losses and maybe even have some leftover to donate to your favorite charity.... Please do not look at this as the same as what steven has done. this is the community coming to you to help not you begin for cash. As i see it, you deserve a pat on the back for being a stand up guy through all of this, i can't say for a fact i could of done the same.

#3037 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i am not a big fan of those 3rd party donation sites. they take a sizable cut from the pot for basically being a do nothing middle man. I am sure many like myself who truly love this hobby and the 99% of the great people in it would like to see Randy made whole. This whole thing was a shit show from the start. It only got worse as time went on. Randy please PM me your PP account info or post it for those of us that would like to help you get back to where you were before Steven took advantage of you kindness. i am sure that you will have an out pouring of support and you will be able to cut your losses and maybe even have some leftover to donate to your favorite charity.... Please do not look at this as the same as what steven has done. this is the community coming to you to help not you begin for cash. As i see it, you deserve a pat on the back for being a stand up guy through all of this, i can't say for a fact i could of done the same.

Could not have said it better post the info Boob.

#3038 3 years ago

I like boob and feel bad for him but I don’t think he deserves a free escalara on the pinside house.

We all make mistakes and we all learn from them. Giving a complete stranger the use of a brand new $1500 tool to move 30-40 (!!!) games with was a mistake, as well intentioned as it was.

Totally fucking nuts, really.

#3039 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like boob and feel bad for him but I don’t think he deserves a free escalara on the pinside house.
    We all make mistakes and we all learn from them. Giving a complete stranger the use of a brand new $1500 tool to move 30-40 (!!!) games with was a mistake, as well intentioned as it was.

That is your right to just not give. He is not getting a free escalara on pinsides dime. He is getting it from individuals. Correct me if i am wrong but you were bashing the guys that thought steven was begging during floodgate.

#3040 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kid asks for help with a flooded basement, and in need of help to rescue some games. Community support flows in, and you (Boob) take it a step higher and volunteer what could be considered the perfect assistance.

Some people here think you (Boob) are foolish and undeserving?

I am a professional pilot, albeit out of work since end of April.

Count me in towards the Boob-fund, where do I sign up?

- Jim

#3041 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

That is your right to just not give. He is not getting a free escalara on pinsides dime. He is getting it from individuals. Correct me if i am wrong but you were bashing the guys that thought steven was begging during floodgate.

You are wrong. I pretty much stayed out of that as I saw what a shitshow it was.

Giving money to steven was an idiot tax.

Sadly so was loaning him an escalara.

Hey we all make mistakes. I paid a $200 idiot tax buying broken DMDs from a pinside dipshit earlier this year. Suffice to say I won't be sending money to any more pinsiders I don't know for used parts.

#3042 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are wrong. I pretty much stayed out of that as I saw what a shitshow it was.
    Giving money to steven was an idiot tax.
    Sadly so was loaning him an escalara.
    Hey we all make mistakes. I paid a $200 idiot tax buying broken DMDs from a pinside dipshit earlier this year. Suffice to say I won't be sending money to any more pinsiders I don't know for used parts.

Forgive me i thought you were one of the. Staunch supporters of steven early on. But that was 3 years ago hard to recall, but now he has no supporters. I don't see helping randy as a fools tax but a kind gesture to a kind person. Sending him a few buck is not going to kill me and other i am sure feel the same...

#3043 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

Forgive me i thought you were one of the. Staunch supporters of steven early on. But that was 3 years ago hard to recall, but now he has no supporters. I don't see helping randy as a fools tax but a kind gesture to a kind person. Sending him a few buck is not going to kill me and other i am sure feel the same...

It is very nice what you guys are doing.

#3044 3 years ago

Levi is actually right: I DON'T deserve a new Escalera on the backs on Pinsiders. (And btw...the donations wouldn't even come close to getting me one, anyway.) And what I did was extremely foolish. (My wife would agree with him by the way.) But my only mistake was in not being more discerning about who I lend my stuff out to. I was trying to help a kid out in a time of need. Had I know then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it. But sadly, I'd probably do it again for the right, responsible person. I blame my parents...it's just how I was raised.

#3045 3 years ago

I think we would all agree it was a mistake to loan such an expensive piece of equipment out, especially to a youth.....but what you did was magnanimous. After the Escalera was returned and clearly broken, you didn't unleash a verbal tirade.

What if Steven moved the games and brought your Escalera back unharmed? You'd be a hero.

This is entirely on Steven. Unless I am mistaken, he damaged your item and said nothing. Then went on to beg for more donations, only to spend it on his wishes to buy more arcade games (translation, misappropriated for his hobby). With social pressure applied, he made a token effort to set things right.
    Now he is on YouTube making awful jokes about your equipment.

He is a bad person by virtue of his decisions and actions.

You are a good person by virtue of how you are handling this entire situation.

Pinside community recognizes you for this, and wants to do a good thing.

Again, count me in.

#3046 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

What if Steven moved the games and brought your Escalera back unharmed? You'd be a hero.

You're still my hero beelzeboob

#3047 3 years ago

Ok, anybody interested in buying some #PAYTHEBOOB vinyl?

I randomly made up 3 sizes:
    Approximately:
    4" x 3/8"
    6" x 9/16"
    11" x 1 1/16"

If anybody is interested, I'll sell them 3 of each of the smaller sizes for a total of 6 pieces shipped for 10 bucks.

If you are interested in the larger one (or other sizes), I'll have to see how much shipping/packaging would cost.

AND for every ten dollars I get, EIGHT dollars will go to Randy
    KIMG7919 (resized).jpgKIMG7919 (resized).jpg

#3048 3 years ago

Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

#3049 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Fool me once, shame on you
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

We won’t get fooled again!

#3050 3 years ago

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/61?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.