Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 79.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

FYI, saying gayseum or similar is homophobic and is unacceptable in these times. There is nothing negative about being gay.
    Let's call this Lameseum (until we are proven otherwise) and move on.

It’s nothing new.

I imagine being gay or bi in the days of John Waters, when there was no closet and no PC was so much better than it is now.

Woke gays ruining it for the quiet ones - just chill and look the other way, ya dig?

#202 4 years ago

Not to change the subject, Is anyone planning to visit on opening day?

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

FYI, saying gayseum or similar is homophobic and is unacceptable in these times. There is nothing negative about being gay.
    Let's call this Lameseum (until we are proven otherwise) and move on.

gay:
    lighthearted and carefree.
    "Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"
    synonyms: cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, lighthearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy, bright, in good spirits, in high spirits, joyful, elated, exuberant, animated, lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant, bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent, playful, frolicsome;

gayseum. “playful museum”

why is everything so negative.

#204 4 years ago

I appreciate everyone's humor, lol. Sorry not trying to start any sort of battle or political agenda. Pinside is generally full of good peeps that mean well.

#205 4 years ago

But have we heard from any gay paramecium yet?

And will they be atteneding the opening or not???

#206 4 years ago

I’m gay and would like to go to the gay museum

#207 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced: game-ze-um.

#208 4 years ago

I can’t wait

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced: game-ze-um.

I believe that’s what he was shooting for, but phonetically that’s not how most would read and pronounce it.

#210 4 years ago

69News from Reading just made a new video on facebook, I guess he is opening this weekend

#212 4 years ago

Link to video: https://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/arcade-games-pinball-machines-given-second-life-in-gameseum/1089669786

"I've never sold a game"

Also Levi, note he now sports sweat shorts...hope you won't be too disappointed.

#213 4 years ago

Teenage mutant ninja turtles shirt. Wonder if he made that from cut up bed sheets?

Do they have recreational marijuana there? His eyes say yes.

#214 4 years ago

Cool story on 69News, looks like lots of EM's. I may have to take a ride out!!

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Link to video: https://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/arcade-games-pinball-machines-given-second-life-in-gameseum/1089669786
    "I've never sold a game"
    Also Levi, note he now sports sweat shorts...hope you won't be too disappointed.

Dear lord.

"I'm getting interviewed by local TV today? Honey, get me my good sweat shorts!!!! Yeah, the ones with the pizza stains!"

Is there a single responsible, intelligent adult in this guy's life?

Gotta hand it to him though - I know Ephrata, PA, isn't exactly a hotbed of breaking news stories but he's always done a good job of getting free press.

shor (resized).jpgshor (resized).jpg

#216 4 years ago

My initial reaction from the video is that the pin row walkway spacing is too tight and all the machines need a serious Mean Green wipe down. I'm also not sure the wall AC unit keep the place cool enough.

#217 4 years ago

Galaga is hard to find? Rofl I'll take some of what he's smoking.

#218 4 years ago

But...How will he run this place? I thought he was unable to work???

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

But...How will he run this place? I thought he was unable to work???

How did he acquire all those machines in a relatively short time, if he was asking for money for a sump pump and a doggie doctor?

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

How did he acquire all those machines in a relatively short time, if he was asking for money for a sump pump and a doggie doctor?

As stated in the interview, he has never sold a machine. He values them more highly than the family dog and dry basements. Also, I believe he teamed up with the guy that has the retro video game store on the other side of town.

#222 4 years ago

Why were there coins/tokens laying on a machine?

Quoted from starfighter:

I'm also not sure the wall AC unit keep the place cool enough.

Hopefully there are several units...games and people warm a room quick for sure!

#223 4 years ago

Since it is showed publicly in the video, I wonder if those breakers are the right SWD rated ones for being used as switches under load per the NEC.

Hopefully so.

Just curious...I know TONS of people use regular breakers as their game switches, but standard breakers aren't actually designed for use in that way.

#224 4 years ago

Well he has a good game selection. And hey if this doesn't work out, he could always be a cast member if they ever do another remake of planet of the apes - Can you say get a haircut dude...

#225 4 years ago

In the end I hope he/this succeeds - I am all for location pinball, especially older stuff.

#226 4 years ago

Hope that building has central air. Whatever it has will be tested on Saturday. It’ll be in the 90’s.

#227 4 years ago

What he needs is a Shaq Attaq.

#228 4 years ago

For a guy claiming to be unable to work, he sure is flexible.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

For a guy claiming to be unable to work, he sure is flexible.

he has a digestive system issue from what has been posted in the past.

#230 4 years ago

It’s showtime!

#231 4 years ago

It’s sweatpants time!

#232 4 years ago

If anyone goes to the grand opening report back. I hope that he is successful but I have my doubts at this point.

#233 4 years ago

Super low quality FB video post hour ago....

Due to their high quality standards...

New "official grand opening" July 20th now.

Today is now a discounted cost "soft opening", but are open.

Reason given for change....number of games don't work.

Something about food trucks cancelled today too, but video said reason was because it looked like it could rain.

Plus side, video said if you go today and purchase a discounted pass, they will give you a pass for "new grand opening" in a month.

#234 4 years ago

Since video was only posted an hour ago, I hope none of you drove super far today to go play pinball.....

#235 4 years ago

“We set up the collection, only to find, it was very, very not working” end quote

#236 4 years ago

You would think he turned them on and had a burn in before the grand opening.

#237 4 years ago
    20190629_122435 (resized).jpg20190629_122435 (resized).jpg
    #239 4 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

You would think he turned them on and had a burn in before the grand opening.

Seems like a rookie mistake, but what do we know, he's the expert. I mean it's not like people on this site know anything about video game or pinball repair

#240 4 years ago

"Each arcade machine even features the original tube-style monitor"

From what I can see.....Somebody didn't tell donkey kong

Effect_20190629_145859 (resized).jpgEffect_20190629_145859 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2019-06-29-14-54-48 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-06-29-14-54-48 (resized).png
    #241 4 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Seems like a rookie mistake, but what do we know, he's the expert. I mean it's not like people on this site know anything about video game or pinball repair

If only somebody could put together an "original" repair guide on these subjects

#242 4 years ago

I wonder why he has a fiancee, he seems to suck his own dick plenty

#243 4 years ago

I love EM pins and vintage arcade games like Galaxian and Space Invaders. This place looks better than I expected. I live about an hour and a half away and will go check it out.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Each arcade machine even features the original tube-style monitor

It’s his grave! From experience, that’s the last thing I would be boasting about.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

It’s his grave! From experience, that’s the last thing I would be boasting about.

I’m a lazy old fart. If I had an arcade game, it would be a cocktail game with multiple titles on it. With a flat screen monitor. Ms Pacman would be the primary theme, just like it was in the “Show Biz Pizza” days.

Why stand when you can sit?

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why stand when you can sit?

I have over 30 upright arcade games and never stand when playing.

s-l64 (resized).jpgs-l64 (resized).jpg
    #247 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I have over 30 upright arcade games and never stand when playing.[quoted image]

Yeah, but where are going to set your pitcher of beer? BTW, love Colorado. Used to live in Lakewood.

#248 4 years ago

I know he has a chequered past ... and bad pants ... but kudos to the kid.

He said he was going to do it ... and he did it.

And it looks pretty good from what I can see in the TV news video.

Kudos.

rd

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, but where are going to set your pitcher of beer? BTW, love Colorado. Used to live in Lakewood.

Cocktails have the advantage on that one haha. I just usually have my beer on another barstool right next to me. Colorado is great but getting a bit crowded.

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I know he has a chequered past ... and bad pants ... but kudos to the kid.
    He said he was going to do it ... and he did it.
    And it looks pretty good from what I can see in the TV news video.
    Kudos.
    rd

But did HE do it....or does HE just post tons of crap while asking for free money and other friends/family "did it"?????

Legit question, not being a dick.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/5?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.