Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 79.
    #2801 3 years ago

Steve-aseum

You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:

1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.

2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.

3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?

4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.

5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.

#2802 3 years ago

Gameseum, I'm begging you. Please STFU. It's so obvious you are rambling about yourself in the third person, and really nobody cares anymore. You made right with the parts, but still are a long way from any kind of respect from anyone here. Please, just stop.

#2803 3 years ago
    Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

Steve-aseum
    You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:
    1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.
    2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.
    3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?
    4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.
    5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.

Even just with covid, I wouldn't want a person coming into my home for something like that....And yeah, definitely wouldn't want to have to spend afternoon side by side working with guy who jacked my stuff in first place, regardless.

Seems the bigger reality is boob is a good person and also probably just accepted the best he felt he was going to get any time soon out of the damages done....not as amicably thrilled as Otaku and friends try to make it sound.

Nothing like repeatedly going on a public forumn and claiming it's not public.

#2804 3 years ago

Steve-aseum

Would like to give about 12 Thumbs up on this if I could.

#2805 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

keep on pinballin'!

keep on lowballin’

#2806 3 years ago

Grifters gotta grift.

#2807 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Steven certainly didn't want to make Randy wait

writing comprehension is the problem here NOT reading comprehension

#2808 3 years ago

#bangameseum

Is this really what a business account is supposed to be used for?

#2809 3 years ago

Definitely not.

#2810 3 years ago

Otaku’s posts seemed bland today. No humor. Thinking it was someone from his “staff”.

#2811 3 years ago

Here is the whole back story on this shit show for those who missed it. The infamous flood thread.

Boob went out of his way to help the guy. You think after all this, and after additional information came out in this thread that there would have been more humility, genuine remorse and apology with no excuses and no more baloney.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood

#2812 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Here is the whole back story on this shit show for those who missed it. The infamous flood thread.
    Boob went out of his way to help the guy. You think after all this, and after additional information came out in this thread that there would have been more humility, genuine remorse and apology with no excuses and no more baloney.

Just reading that first page, you can see how everyone went out of their way to support him and offer words of encouragement, even Robin.

Of course, we all know what he did with that goodwill. Between the GoFundMe campaigns, the Otaku Guide to EMs fiasco, his condescending attitude toward some really terrific Pinsiders, the constant lying and finally the Escelera saga, that goodwill is long gone.

#2813 3 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

LOL! Thanks for the refresher. I got a couple pages in and nearly fell outta my chair. I must have been psychic...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood/page/7#post-3702241

#2814 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just reading that first page, you can see how everyone went out of their way to support him and offer words of encouragement, even Robin.
    Of course, we all know what he did with that goodwill. Between the GoFundMe campaigns, the Otaku Guide to EMs fiasco, his condescending attitude toward some really terrific Pinsiders, the constant lying and finally the Escelera saga, that goodwill is long gone.

Don't forget that he made disparaging remarks about my wife.

#2815 3 years ago

Hey at least he was able to add 16 games to his museum and send Boob parts for the Escalara. Very successful for someone that just had a Gofund me for a rainy day fund even though he said that he didn't need it. Remember he saw all of this coming and prepared accordingly.

#2816 3 years ago

Don't sweat the 100 bucks, guys. I'm not. (Although it is ridiculous that he posted a screen shot but somehow didn't really send it. Omission and obfuscation seem to be the ongoing MO.) The support everybody has shown here is the GREAT part of Pinside...and if more people were like all of you I would have never felt the need to take a couple years off from this place. The way you've all gotten my back is worth more than the money, and at this point if it showed up, I'd have to tuck it away for a time I could buy you all a drink at a future pinball show...

...but then I'd have to sell my Escalera to cover the cost because it would be WAY more than $100.

#2817 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

and if more people were like all of you I would have never felt the need to take a couple years off from this place

And if more people were like you the world would be a better place

#praisetheboob

#2818 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't sweat the 100 bucks, guys. I'm not. (Although it is ridiculous that he posted a screen shot but somehow didn't really send it. Omission and obfuscation seem to be the ongoing MO.) The support everybody has shown here is the GREAT part of Pinside...and if more people were like all of you I would have never felt the need to take a couple years off from this place. The way you've all gotten my back is worth more than the money, and at this point if it showed up, I'd have to tuck it away for a time I could buy you all a drink at a future pinball show...
    ...but then I'd have to sell my Escalera to cover the cost because it would be WAY more than $100.

Any chance of selling some Pay The Boob merch?

#2819 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any chance of selling some Pay The Boob merch?

Probably not. Steven has already filed a trademark

#2820 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Probably not. Steven has already filed a trademark

#2821 3 years ago

No good deed goes unpunished; poor Boob.

When this Covid nightmare is over, swing by my place (northwest NJ). Free drinks and you can ruin all of my high scores here.

All of Pinside invited of course. We can call it #thealmightyboobfest. If anyone reads that the wrong way, well.....

- Jim

#2822 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

When this Covid nightmare is over, swing by my place (northwest NJ). Free drinks and you can ruin all of my high scores here.
    All of Pinside invited of course. We can call it #thealmightyboobfest. If anyone reads that the wrong way, well.....
    - Jim

I'm in, and I'll even let Boob pick me up on his way to be my DD!

#2823 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Double D boob? Did I read that correctly? My comprehension isn't very good I'm told.

#2824 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

- Jim

Does it have to be in Jersey?

DistinctEnragedCapeghostfrog-size_restricted (resized).pngDistinctEnragedCapeghostfrog-size_restricted (resized).png
    #2825 3 years ago

Man I’d been away for a while then saw all the new post count and the flames next to it on the main page and I just had too click. What a shit show

#2826 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

- Jim

Thanks, buddy! And you can't really read that the wrong way because I'm 55 and have some B-cups myself. Just don't try to go to second base with me.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Note to self: If yzfguy shows up at this shindig, there will be no booze for anybody else.

And a HUGE THANK YOU to JodyG who just donated to Pinside in my name to turn my heart red. (I pay Pinside when I sell a machine, but never re-upped the annual fee because I'm still bitter about being put in Pinside jail for criticizing a moderator who was overstepping his authority (and he's no longer a moderator!))

JodyG ... you're the first on my list for a drink, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the gesture, and you're an incredible person (although I really wish you had donated for kids with illnesses instead - there's nothing worse than a kid that has to worry about dying, IMHO).

#2827 3 years ago

Logs into pinside

Oh look 75 new posts in the gameseum thread

C7C2EE8D-46CB-41DC-8D49-10C35FC842F6 (resized).jpegC7C2EE8D-46CB-41DC-8D49-10C35FC842F6 (resized).jpeg
    #2828 3 years ago

Then you cancelled the check!

I tried to cancel a check, its pretty much pointless. I forget how long the hold is (30 days?), but eventually you'll be able to cash it again. Unless the person who wrote the check keeps remembering to put holds on it every 30 days. This might be with my bank only, but the bank manager said that's just how it works.

#2829 3 years ago

This entire thread feels like I am dealing with my teenage kids. Always try to get the last word, express outrage when they are called out for any bad behavior, make restitution (including some heartless "sorry" (which we never got from Steven BTW)) but seem to learn little from it. It is really hard for a teenager to put themselves in the place of someone else. But with my kids, my job as a parent is to hold the line out in front of them so that when I can't be there, they eventually make good decisions in life and know they are not a completely independent agent in this world. Really, when you read all of this, the only things that stand out starkly are that he is incredibly immature and that his parents didn't do a very good job in this arena. One can only hope that as he goes forward in life he learns a little more that all our roles in this world are not just to enhance our own individual goals and happiness. And what he just has zero appreciation for right now is that this will ultimately make him a happier person long term, because you gain the most satisfaction from the relationships your build and the people you help, not the things you have and the mistakes you hide behind.

#2830 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

So you are backing out of your previous offer to buy a brand new escalara when you can, and swap for the damaged/repaired one. Just wanted to be clear.

Quoted from Gameseum:

This idea was never proposed or confirmed by Steven or any of us, and I encourage you to find a quote that cements this as any sort of final offer we made.

OK

Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff

#2831 3 years ago
    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.27.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.27.37 PM (resized).png
    #2832 3 years ago

Steven has physically grown from a teenager, but he's the same old douchebag...

#2833 3 years ago

How fucked in the head do you have to be to create 18 different accounts, talk about yourself in the third person, and truly believe that you are fooling people.

#2834 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

How fucked in the head do you have to be to create 18 different accounts, talk about yourself in the third person, and truly believe that you are fooling people.

Runaway Deactivation.....

Hmmmm....seems familiar....now who was it that did that all the time

Screenshot_2020-08-06-09-48-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-08-06-09-48-32 (resized).png
    #2835 3 years ago

WOW!

1...ONE Percent ratio of upvotes (including Otaku upvoting).

I guess when your 'business' account hits that level, the best thing to do for your business reputation is to just deactivate your account....not recognize where/who the problem is and try to rectify as much as possible.

But what do I know.....I'm an old, illiterate, social media ignorant person who has never interacted

Screenshot_2020-08-06-09-53-05 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-08-06-09-53-05 (resized).png

#2836 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

WOW!
    I guess when your 'business' account hits that level, the best thing to do for your business reputation is to just deactivate your account....not recognize where/who the problem is and try to rectify as much as possible.
    But what do I know.....I'm an old, illiterate, social media ignorant person who has never interacted
    [quoted image]

Can't wait for the shill business account to be created that totally isn't Gameseum

#2837 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Does it have to be in Jersey?[quoted image]

I say the same thing every time my property tax bill is due

Seems to be enough Pinsiders in this area though, would be worth the trip just to meet us (and the Almighty Boob himself)

Make a road trip, stop in Ephrata PA along the way.

#2838 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

WOW!
    [quoted image]

Yup social media genius. This is all part of some grander plan that we can't fathom. Wait that it! His arcade is getting a Fathom and this is a viral marketing campaign.

#2839 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I say the same thing every time my property tax bill is due
    Seems to be enough Pinsiders in this area though, would be worth the trip just to meet us (and the Almighty Boob himself)
    Make a road trip, stop in Ephrata PA along the way.

I can think of only one reason to stop in Ephrata

big-daddy-movie (resized).jpgbig-daddy-movie (resized).jpg
    #2840 3 years ago

With “tens of thousands” of customers strolling thru gameseum every year and 3 upvotes?

#2841 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

With “tens of thousands” of customers strolling thru gameseum every year and 3 upvotes?

And one of them was Otaku....but he was probably a customer on a Wednesday so liked it.

#2842 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Yup social media genius. This is all part of some grander plan that we can't fathom. Wait that it! His arcade is getting a Fathom and this is a viral marketing campaign.

Living up to the adage “there is no such thing as bad publicity”.

#2843 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I think I upvoted him at least twice.

#2844 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Can we say Kanada or what ever his name was.

#2845 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

and if more people were like all of you I would have never felt the need to take a couple years off from this place.

You left?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

LOL! Thanks for the refresher. I got a couple pages in and nearly fell outta my chair. I must have been psychic...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood/page/7#post-3702241

And I had posted right above you then! (Although apparently all of us in this thread are third parties that weren’t there or around when the original incident occurred).

See...I can read and comprehend!

#2846 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You left?

And I had posted right above you then! (Although apparently all of us in this thread are third parties that weren’t there or around when the original incident occurred).

i was the 12th poster on that "flood" thread and was down voted (my only down votes came from that thread) for suggesting he sell a game or two instead of begging for money.

#2847 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

You left?

Who IS this???

#2848 3 years ago

Take bets on days..or hours that pass till an account of the grifter magically reappears?

#2849 3 years ago

Nobody. You’re hearing things. It’s time for you to take another couple years off.

#2850 3 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i was the 12th poster on that "flood" thread and was down voted (my only down votes came from that thread) for suggesting he sell a game or two instead of begging for money.

SHIT....I downvoted that!????

I owe you a public apology for that. I am sorry.

I regret my actions and ask for forgiveness in time and when you feel you can.

I have since corrected my mistake to an upvote.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and for the support in the matter. I have grown older and wiser and feel I am now a better person for learning from my mistakes.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/57?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.