You act like this was resolved amicably between you and Boob and it should have remained private. You are missing several points:
1. You didn't do ANYTHING until the pinball community got involved. So, no, this wasn't resolved between you two. You did not voluntarily step up and do the "right" thing until you, or someone close to you, realized it was just bad business to put it off.
2. You sent a screenshot of a check you sent him and posted it here as proof of your good intentions and integrity. Then you cancelled the check! You never mentioned it so how would the community know?!? Cancelling the check was a real douche move. You definitely owed it to him.
3. Your offer to "lend a hand" to Boob is so gross and disgusting. I do not understand how you don't see this. You lied to him. You deceived him. You crapped on his generosity. If I were him just hearing your name would make me sick. Why would I want to look at your face? Why would I want to let your nefarious ass in my house or near my equipment?
4. The fact that Boob is happy with this resolution (unconfirmed) is immaterial. All that shows is that Boob is a freaking Angel and deserves wings. How do you not understand how unbelievably awesome Boob treated you?! Both before and after. You did nothing noble. He could have taken you to court for damaging his machine. The fact that he didn't hound you for the money or berate you for your appalling behavior doesn't make you in the right.
5. Look at your feedback ratios. People here arent basement dwelling trolls (well...unless your game room is in your basement!). We are professionals, business owners and hard workers. This is an expensive hobby and we have better things to do than to waste our time downvoting strangers. You are earning those downvotes because your way of interacting with society is just gross and disgusting. I'm sorry I've used disgusting so many times in this post but it just fits your behavior perfectly.