Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 79.
    #2701 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Recently did one of those cancer screening tests you have to mail back in....
    I couldn't stop singing in my head 'it's my S*!T in a box' for like 3 days....

Timberlake is funny as shit on SNL. Mother Lover is the better one.

#2702 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Didn't get anything yet. I would have posted if I had. Looks like it's been delayed a day if you believe the tracking info. Bigger question: What happened to the $100 he sent and proved he sent with a screen shot? [quoted image]

There were two things my dad used to say often:

"don't hold your hand on your ass till it happens"

And,

"blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed".

#2703 3 years ago

So, look what came via UPS today: A replacement chain and battery as promised. Thanks, Otaku! I guess we can put this one to bed now.

I was kinda disappointed it wasn't a dick in a box.

Otaku (resized).jpgOtaku (resized).jpg
    #2704 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

"blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed".

Well, this hit a nerve and reawoke a bad childhood memory:

I was in middle school and wanted a TV for Christmas. Lo and behold, under the tree was the perfect sized box! I played it cool, opening the socks and underwear I traditionally got. Then I started opening the television box. But inside it was another wrapped box. And another. And another. Until finally I got to a small, wallet-sized box with a particle board plaque inside. It was a picture of a sad dog with his head on his paws and the 99 cent sticker from Woolworth's still on it. "Happy are those who expect nothing for they shall not be disappointed."

Merry Fucking Christmas. My mother STILL thinks it's hysterical that she did that.

So, thanks for bringing that up...

#2705 3 years ago

Wow!

Your mother has a fucked up sense of humor.

Sorry to make you re-live that traumatic episode of your childhood.

E

#2706 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, look what came via UPS today: A replacement chain and battery as promised. Thanks, Otaku! I guess we can put this one to bed now.

[quoted image]

I'll be damned !

Now if he buys Todd Tuckey those meals he's owed, I'll have to pop for Otaku's haircut like I promised.

#2707 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks, Otaku! I guess we can put this one to bed now.

[quoted image]

How much you want to bet he refuses to accept your thanks graciously and this goes on for another 50 posts as the six different Otaku accounts respond in unison with some nonsense about how you screwed him?

#2708 3 years ago
    F6F651D4-DBBC-4838-8669-BEF44B8BAC9A (resized).jpegF6F651D4-DBBC-4838-8669-BEF44B8BAC9A (resized).jpeg
    #2709 3 years ago

Here is the actual package before Boob ripped off the sticker....

Screenshot_20200731-140841_kindlephoto-713329751 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200731-140841_kindlephoto-713329751 (resized).png
    #2710 3 years ago

Did the $100 ever show up?

#2711 3 years ago

Well good on otaku for sending the parts.

#2712 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Well good on otaku for sending the parts.

It's just SO EASY to mend fences and make everybody happy.

That's why it's gonna be so tragic (and predictable) when he manages to fuck this up somehow later today.

#2713 3 years ago
    48m13k (resized).jpg48m13k (resized).jpg
    #2714 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.

Steven

AWESOME Otaku sent some parts FINALLY! I obviously wouldn't hold my breath on the cash he 'sent'.

Still sucks you will have a repaired instead of new unit like "Steven" recently said he still planned to do eventually.

Better than nothing like you had received all this time.....idk if it really makes it "right" in my book, but glad to see you may be able to at least fix yours up a bit now.

#2715 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

That was Otaku....see, he's gone. It's just Steve now...

#2716 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Recently did one of those cancer screening tests you have to mail back in

So...that test is no joke.
    My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer after doing that test and then going for a colonoscopy.
    After a year and a half it just ate her up and killed her. It runs in that side of the family.
    So do whatever they say to buy some time.
    -Mike

#2717 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So...that test is no joke.
    My mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer after doing that test and then going for a colonoscopy.
    After a year and a half it just ate her up and killed her. It runs in that side of the family.
    So do whatever they say to buy some time.
    -Mike

That's terrible to hear. Definitely sorry to hear of your loss. My mother lost her colon cancer battle within these last couple years as well...hence my extra testing.

ABSOLUTELY, everybody get tested and stay safe!!!

Certainly WASN'T making light of the testing of course!

Everybody copes in their own way...

#2718 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait, Escaleragate is over?!?!?

#2719 3 years ago

I don’t think so. Just visited their Facebook posts and they’re doing “the best of gameseum” reviews. Must be pretty slow at the “museum”. Happy Friday!

#2720 3 years ago

Lights on, lights off. The master at Gameseum is onto something new here. Truly amazing!

568ACBCD-1370-4850-B4DB-C5CB632F1386 (resized).jpeg568ACBCD-1370-4850-B4DB-C5CB632F1386 (resized).jpeg

#2721 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Lights on, lights off. The master at Gameseum is onto something new here.
    [quoted image]

Truly amazing.... How different a game looks with the insert lights all off vs. all on....

#2722 3 years ago

Great just what we need. Combine the Gameseum drama with a Pinstadium ad. What could go wrong?

#2723 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Lights on, lights off. The master at Gameseum is onto something new here. Truly amazing!
    [quoted image]

Now we know where the $100 went

#2724 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I don’t think so. Just visited their Facebook posts and they’re doing “the best of gameseum” reviews. Must be pretty slow at the “museum”. Happy Friday!

Good to see he finally stepped up to the plate. Thing is almost every operator I’ve heard from is struggling. 25% pre pandemic business seems to be the going trend for most. Gameseum very likely in the same boat here, and actually really might need help (if not now then soon) if it’s the only source of income. Problem is that so many bridges got incinerated here (and I speculate elsewhere in his life given the general attitude) that when he actually needs help from others it might be hard to find. No matter his immaturity I wish every arcade well and hope as many as possible can find a way to stay open.

#2725 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Hey at least it looks like he went for a more tasteful warm white. It’s what Comet deserves. All I can say on my end is that for now only broken parts and pre-purchased upgrades are being installed right now. If new money is being put on the table to buy new upgrades it’s a very poor investment at this time.

As to “understanding” social media I don’t much get the approach on showing LED upgrades. While I have used my Facebook page for some polemics on mask wearing (have to, I’m a doctor), the primary focus has been on assuring safety and showing people coming back out. For us it is I believe slowly working though the jury is still out

#2726 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Hey at least it looks like he went for a more tasteful warm white. It’s what Comet deserves. All I can say on my end is that for now only broken parts and pre-purchased upgrades are being installed right now. If new money is being put on the table to buy new upgrades it’s a very poor investment at this time.
    As to “understanding” social media I don’t much get the approach on showing LED upgrades. While I have used my Facebook page for some polemics on mask wearing (have to, I’m a doctor), the primary focus has been on assuring safety and showing people coming back out. For us it is I believe slowly working though the jury is still out

Maybe he will install UV lights in the next machine!

#2727 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

[quoted image]

Come on that's ground breaking inovation

#2728 3 years ago

Looks like we found out where all the go fund me money went to?

CC840DBA-0882-4108-9F54-5198C63240A5 (resized).pngCC840DBA-0882-4108-9F54-5198C63240A5 (resized).png3D7C1DFF-DBF8-4F0E-AB4E-8AEF2659717E (resized).png3D7C1DFF-DBF8-4F0E-AB4E-8AEF2659717E (resized).png609B4325-8CB6-480C-AB8E-E20F6DBF8AD8 (resized).png609B4325-8CB6-480C-AB8E-E20F6DBF8AD8 (resized).png
    #2729 3 years ago

Yet he says that if he bought Boob a new escalera it would take food out of his family's mouth.

What a complete fraud.

#2730 3 years ago

Listen, by now we know you can’t teust anything that comes out of his mouth. And he finally did the least he could to fix Boobs situation. We should probably let him walk away, at least until he publicly badmouth pinside again.

(My suspicion is someone advised him to make things right and walk away from this site since no good could come from his posts).

#2731 3 years ago

Does the arcade even have room for all these new games?

#2732 3 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Listen, by now we know you can’t teust anything that comes out of his mouth. And he finally did the least he could to fix Boobs situation. We should probably let him walk away, at least until he publicly badmouth pinside again.
    (My suspicion is someone advised him to make things right and walk away from this site since no good could come from his posts).

I'd have to agree. It was a good run, he basically settled up as much as he is going to, and now.... Who cares?

#2733 3 years ago

Waste your liquid on shit that you cannot ever sell. Smart. Todd and friends love you.
    9AB3DFEE-76B3-43F8-AF97-5FCC7653EBD0 (resized).jpeg9AB3DFEE-76B3-43F8-AF97-5FCC7653EBD0 (resized).jpeg

#2734 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Looks like we found out where all the go fund me money went to?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ya know you can dip in that well once, twice, maybe three times but eventually you stop running out of people to scam for money with a sad sack “just tryin to survive” story. If he had any sense he would have actually put away those funds so he could survive this downturn. Or at least delayed the damn purchases 6 months for keeping up appearances. But he probably figures: 1 for the pandemic fund, 2 for shiny new crap I want to buy, another 1 for the pandemic fund ... I do not think these will turn out to be good business decisions here. Hope I’m wrong for his sake. None of us would have a problem with truthful begging. But a real easy way to turn your best supporters into enemies is for them to find out you just used the money to buy new stuff rather than save your place. At this rate expect a liquidation sale sooner rather than later.

#2735 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:Ya know you can dip in that well once, twice, maybe three times but eventually you stop running out of people to scam for money with a sad sack “just tryin to survive” story. If he had any sense he would have actually put away those funds so he could survive this downturn. Or at least delayed the damn purchases 6 months for keeping up appearances. But he probably figures: 1 for the pandemic fund, 2 for shiny new crap I want to buy, another 1 for the pandemic fund ... I do not think these will turn out to be good business decisions here. Hope I’m wrong for his sake. None of us would have a problem with truthful begging. But a real easy way to turn your best supporters into enemies is for them to find out you just used the money to buy new stuff rather than save your place. At this rate expect a liquidation sale sooner rather than later.

Yeah....but a 'SIT INSIDE COCKPIT VERSION' of a kit game is going to bring in TENS of thousands!!!

#2736 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Ya know you can dip in that well once, twice, maybe three times but eventually you stop running out of people to scam for money with a sad sack “just tryin to survive” story. If he had any sense he would have actually put away those funds so he could survive this downturn. Or at least delayed the damn purchases 6 months for keeping up appearances. But he probably figures: 1 for the pandemic fund, 2 for shiny new crap I want to buy, another 1 for the pandemic fund ... I do not think these will turn out to be good business decisions here. Hope I’m wrong for his sake. None of us would have a problem with truthful begging. But a real easy way to turn your best supporters into enemies is for them to find out you just used the money to buy new stuff rather than save your place. At this rate expect a liquidation sale sooner rather than later.

Yet he's been doing the same thing for 4+ years and folks keep coming back for more.

#2737 3 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

If someone game him that advice, then it was great advice. Good that he finally sent parts, bad that: a) it took so long b) it was at the bottom of the list of obligations he felt he had to anyone c) zero contrition at all (he could have put any kind of apology note, even with a single word SORRY, even if he didn't mean any of it, in with boob's shipment ... he did not). It is like winning a judgement in a divorce court. Legally everything is all squared up and the alimony is brought up to date, but still just some bad taste left after all of it in everyone's mouth, and likely very little ethical insight to result. Too bad there is not a moochers anonymous 12 step program he could take advantage of when he is finally ready. Nevertheless, yes it will be good to close this thread out and I won't be posting anymore.

#2738 3 years ago

Boob,
    Did you ever get that $100 that was sent by Steven?

#2739 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Boob,

Now that way funny!

#2740 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Boob,

Nope. And I don't understand that because he posted a screenshot proving he sent it.

#2741 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. And I don't understand that because he posted a screenshot proving he sent it.

It’s probsbly just shipping delays caused by Covid.

#2742 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait...what?

Steven was less than honest? Get outta here!

#2743 3 years ago

He was bragging about selling double digit all day passes the other day. That is 5k or more worth of games he claimed he got. Where did that money come from? No way from the business. Someone is giving him money or loaning games. Remember rusty quarter with the loaned Pinball games? I just can't imagine he is even breaking even never mind adding games.

#2744 3 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

He was bragging about selling double digit all day passes the other day. That is 5k or more worth of games he claimed he got. Where did that money come from? No way from the business. Someone is giving him money or loaning games. Remember rusty quarter with the loaned Pinball games? I just can't imagine he is even breaking even never mind adding games.

i heard he got some "hush" money from facebook cause hes so good at using social media he has a side gig helping them with their platform

#2745 3 years ago

Maybe I should stop following this thread to keep my blood pressure at safe level

The guy is unbelievable.

#2746 3 years ago

Really disappointed you didn't get that money Boob.

I was under the impression Steven was turning a corner, possibly with some mentoring from Todd Tuckey.

Maybe someone can explain the picture Steven posted "the check is in the mail"?

I want him to succeed. It is great for the hobby, and some new blood in what could become a forgotten piece of pop culture in the future.

Gofundme (millennial panhandling), bloviating posts, then boisterous sales reports and new game purchases. Confusing stuff....

#2747 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuukka:

Maybe I should stop following this thread to keep my blood pressure at safe level
    The guy is unbelievable.

Todella

Love your collection too!

#2748 3 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

He did get hit by a car so possibly a settlement.

#2749 3 years ago

Hi,

Steven's $100 check, meant as payment towards the parts, was upgraded (and thus cancelled) to instead buying the parts in full immediately, rather than over time via payments. I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the point of the $100 (it was not "sorry" money - Steven preferred to offer genuine apologies alongside of repaying the "debt" in full), which was meant as money towards the cost of the parts, and is unneeded as the parts were quickly re-decided to be purchased directly by Steven instead at the cost of $324.12 a day or two later, and the check was reasonably cancelled as per the money being redirected to there. Steven certainly didn't want to make Randy wait to receive payments over time (and those bank checks are slow to begin with), so he upgraded the situation as soon as he was was able and mended it immediately and directly instead, instead of doing payments over time, which is certainly the better way for the situation to be handled by all means. The money was solely meant for parts, and instead was rerouted towards the company to send the parts to Randy - I'm not sure why that's not coming across. The "money" still arrived.

Not sure how/why the $100 is still being expected, after the situation was entirely mended by the parts being paid in full instead. It's one or the other: No reason for payments as the situation was paid back in full, which was the sole purpose of the $100 - to go towards parts. The parts were paid in full directly instead, and have been successfully delivered, solving the entire problem. There is no reason for duplicate payments of course. The situation has already been paid and resolved in full, leaving no remaining balance or no need for payments.

So nice to hear all the parts arrived as intended and we wish you the best Randy!

As we close out this situation, the two receipts (dated 07/24/2020 for reference in regards to this thread) are attached below for full public transparency.

receipt1 (resized).pngreceipt1 (resized).pngreceipt2 (resized).pngreceipt2 (resized).png

#2750 3 years ago

The real outrage here is the fact that they are charging $150 for a battery you can buy off Amazon for $30.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/55?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.