Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 79.
    #151 4 years ago

The other odd thing is that this thread was gone, dead, defunct, inactive........... for more than two weeks until he brought it back. Who does that?
    It just makes us realize things like tomorrow it will be a year ago exactly that he started his gofundme begging for money to start an arcade that's still not open.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

The other odd thing is that this thread was gone, dead, defunct, inactive........... for more than two weeks until he brought it back. Who does that?
    It just makes us realize things like tomorrow it will be a year ago exactly that he started his gofundme begging for money to start an arcade that's still not open.

3 go fund me accounts in a year. From a self proclaimed arcade genius who has tons of games he could.... but wont sell. Total tool.

#153 4 years ago

Another announcement coming Saturday morning at 8 AM on Facebook.

#154 4 years ago

[NOTE: TOMORROW IS JUST THE ANNOUNCEMENT, NOT THE OPENING]

#155 4 years ago

This is only gonna go poorly for me. I am aware of this.

I’m gonna say that - maybe this guy has come around a little bit. Maybe.

Think about it; sure he did some shitty gofundmes, and hurt some people in this community.

But this kid is 21, same age as me. I went to the Facebook; He’s got a business apparently ready to open, he’s engaged, he can’t be a complete idiot or a complete jerk to have those two things.

Am I defending his prior actions, no. NO.

But he can’t be the worst pinsider. He just can’t be.

Is he an eccentric with a massive ego - YES. But, so am I.

I don’t hate this guy, and I think we should give him a second chance. Legit.

#156 4 years ago

Ahh, to be 21 again, when I knew everything and everyone else was wrong and stupid.

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Go home large Marge you're drunk.

#158 4 years ago

I don’t hate this guy, and I think we should give him a second chance.

I don't hate him, and I certainly hope that no one else does either.
    His rude, egocentric posts provide great entertainment.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Go home large Marge you're drunk.

Not this early I’m not.

#161 4 years ago

I’m starting to warm up to ya buddy.

#162 4 years ago

I actually hope that he is wildly successful. After which he may even share some of his good fortune and like donate the money collected through go fund me to a charity. I can’t be the only one out there who hopes he has a good outcome for this whole event and learn something as he is pretty young? I don’t particularly like the way he used go fund me, but I do like happy endings.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

I do like happy endings

I guess you missed the memo

Quoted from JodyG:

Also, a rub and tug was recently busted two doors down from him

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Lol! Man, this peanut gallery party's still going, huh? Some people here like talking about me more than they say *I* like talking about me! Thanks @djreddog for helping dish out the facts while I ignore it all - I appreciate somebody having the cojones to stand up for me here, many have told me they've desperately wanted to, but haven't due to the dramatic environment of this forum as they don't want to get involved. Can't blame 'em. I wouldn't - too toxic!
    Very curious how many people here drink the idiotic Pinside kool-aid and say dumb things "behind my back", especially people I've met at shows and were previously friendly and I was nothing but extremely kind to, and probably would be friendly if I crossed their path again, interesting and pretty cringey. Reminds me of sixth grade. Not out of line with the rest of this site, so no surprise there. Part of the reason I keep checking on this thread is for who I should avoid at shows, because it seems everybody is so two-faced they'll come up to you at a show and say hi and act like your best friend, when they shit all over you on Pinside the week before because it was a fun bandwagon and they're uninformed. Oy vey, you guys!
    This thread is always good for a laugh and a giggle. I shut it off for weeks, forget Pinside exists, and don't lose sleep over any of it or take any of it as advice whatsoever, and then when I'm bored I come back to check on the last few weeks' useless posts and laugh at them and keep everything from getting too out of line 'round here. I really don't care, and all of the discussion about this from a bunch of people I've never met is so out of touch with what is actually going on it's nothing but laughable, it's always interesting to see what conspiracy theories people will come with next. Sometimes I wake up and remember this place exists, see how distant it is from what is actually going on, and it's like "Haha, how did this happen?". Most of you being from Alaska and having no geographical intention to ever stop here, it's especially unnecessary nor did I ask for your continued input and stalking (in a thread I didn't create, no less). It always intrigues me just how interested you guys are into my venture... despite claiming you hate it so much, and with no obligation to continue to follow/associate with it (I'd rather you not). So negative, so awful, often insulting... very ironic and peculiar position to be criticizing others with advice they don't need.
    With how busy I am - not sure how you justify spending not only so much time on something so frivolous as a ill-intent Pinside thread, but also on something you claim to not be interested in. It makes me feel bad for you. I have some older friends who act like you... they claim to hate the Kardashians so much and their very large buttcheeks but then spend their time flooding my Facebook feed with how "ridiculous" they are and "how much they hate them"... then ignore it and stop wasting your breath with something you hate so much and save us all the trouble! Bah! You boomers sure like to complain about millennials... like you feed off of it. Who hurt you? I don't think I could live such a negative life, it would drain me! I am not a fan of Kim K and her plasticine badonkadonk either - however that makes me NOT want to talk about it. Hah!
    I would encourage others to not buy into the ridiculousness and hivemind. While I won't sit here and waste my time replying to every (or any) accusation like I did when I was much younger and naive, waste of breath, I will say with how many high-ranking arcade guys and businesses I hang around I'm clearly not as awful as people (who have never met me no less) here like to think I am... just giving one example of course. There are also many among the Pinside userbase itself who have positive experiences with me as well and I have many many friends here, but they simply don't want to get involved, as they too know how violent and obnoxious the hivemind and voting system of this website can be, as I'm sure you all know equally as well yourselves. The situation of me, my business, my attitude, and my life is painted so incorrectly and 100% inaccurately here it's ridiculous to where it's pretty much fictitious works of bad writing - and again, just plain old laughable. In contrast to here on Pinside, with those friends and thousands of positive folks on my side in-real-life for a situation by default extremely different, undramatic, and very calm (opposite of how this forum likes to make it appear), let me assure you, this thread is by far the minority and is largely ignored by anybody with a life or some single shred of class. And with Pinside largely out of importance in my life and business, and this year the world, with Facebook pinball communities taking the lead as the top form of collector mingling, connecting, and with a whole new breed of thousands of non-forum-using collectors mixed with users who are quitting due to the negative mentality here and looking for a positive change, it's not like it matters anyways.
    I will say I am absolutely honored that I am interesting enough to keep having people fan this flame. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support. I will pray for you.

Keep it coming, love it!

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Keep it coming, love it!

Don't you understand???
    It's like "boy girl,boy girl, boy girl".... it goes "pinsiders are shit, klovers are shit, pinsiders are shit".....

Now then, can I have some money or free games or WHAT!!!??

#166 4 years ago

This is only gonna go poorly for me. I am aware of this.
    I’m gonna say that - maybe this guy has come around a little bit. Maybe.
    Think about it; sure he did some shitty gofundmes, and hurt some people in this community.
    But this kid is 21, same age as me. I went to the Facebook; He’s got a business apparently ready to open, he’s engaged, he can’t be a complete idiot or a complete jerk to have those two things.

I don't know, man. I am 29 and I never acted like this 8 years ago. I knew the world didn't owe me anything. I knew my limits and worked well with what I had. I accepted feedback, both positive and negative, in good faith. I spent my time trying to make friends and positive connections in the hobby, not shove delusional dreams of grandeur in everyone's faces.

#167 4 years ago

By the time I was 21 I had Learned not to leave the house in sweatpants.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I don't know, man. I am 29 and I never acted like this 8 years ago. I knew the world didn't owe me anything. I knew my limits and worked well with what I had. I accepted feedback, both positive and negative, in good faith. I spent my time trying to make friends and positive connections in the hobby, not shove delusional dreams of grandeur in everyone's faces.

I think most of us wouldn’t have made some of the choices this guy did, regardless of age. Everyone deserves a second chance however.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

By the time I was 21 I had Learned not to leave the house in sweatpants.

I think most of us wouldn’t have made some of the choices this guy did, regardless of age. Everyone deserves a second chance however.

#169 4 years ago

A second chance for what? He's not doing anything wrong. He's obnoxious, full of himself, and has absolutely no shame, maybe that's why I like him!

That being said...ALL I want from him is to see a photo of him wearing real pants. Like, Jeans with holes in them. Or god forbid even some dockers or something. If he's gonna keep doing Go Fund Mes at SOME point he's going to need a photo of himself wearing pants if he wants to finally bring in over $110. Ratty, sloppy joe-stained sweatpants just don't scream "here's a guy with a solid business plan."

I'm never going to contribute to one of his Gameseum scams, but if he does a Go Fund Me for a pair of pants I'm in!

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

share some of his good fortune and like donate the money collected through go fund me to a charity.

Yea, about that.

You remember we're talking about otaku right?

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A second chance for what? He's not doing anything wrong. He's obnoxious, full of himself, and has absolutely no shame, maybe that's why I like him!
    That being said...ALL I want from him is to see a photo of him wearing real pants. Like, Jeans with holes in them. Or god forbid even some dockers or something. If he's gonna keep doing Go Fund Mes at SOME point he's going to need a photo of himself wearing pants if he wants to finally bring in over $110. Ratty, sloppy joe-stained sweatpants just don't scream "here's a guy with a solid business plan."
    I'm never going to contribute to one of his Gameseum scams, but if he does a Go Fund Me for a pair of pants I'm in!

Honestly, if he set up a GoFundMe to buy a pair of pants - I’d be in too.

#172 4 years ago

I don’t hate this guy, and I think we should give him a second chance.

He's not even close to the worst Pinsider.
    Second chance for what? He can still post here. Many of us (me included) would play in his GayMuseum if it ever opens and we're in the area.
    We bust his balls a little. Welcome to every internet forum ever.
    He did steal in the eyes of some contributors to his sump pump catastrophe. That's a difference in perception. People often have expectations when they give you money. If those are not met, they complain.

No one who goes through life expecting much validation from an online forum will find much satisfaction. You shouldn't need it.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

He's not even close to the worst Pinsider.
    Second chance for what? He can still post here. Many of us (me included) would play in his GayMuseum if it ever opens and we're in the area.
    We bust his balls a little. Welcome to every internet forum ever.
    He did steal in the eyes of some contributors to his sump pump catastrophe. That's a difference in perception. People often have expectations when they give you money. If those are not met, they complain.
    No one who goes through life expecting much validation from an online forum will find much satisfaction. You shouldn't need it.

I’m just saying we should be nice to the kid and see what happens. That’s all.

#174 4 years ago

I’m just saying we should be nice to the kid and see what happens. That’s all.

I'm on team this kid's ridiculous but if he actually pulls it off I'm close enough that I'll go check it out.

#175 4 years ago

I mean I'm the same age as both of these guys and plan to make pinball/arcade games my career and YET I've managed not to piss everyone off... I don't think age is to blame here...

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

........ I will pray for you.

At $1.00/prayer, of course.

#177 4 years ago
    EA28571C-9F95-4492-95E7-E5DDE3283B98 (resized).jpegEA28571C-9F95-4492-95E7-E5DDE3283B98 (resized).jpeg
    #178 4 years ago

Seems somewhat claustrophobic to me.

35E21CDF-F9BE-4324-B44C-0DC9CB17A3E0 (resized).jpeg35E21CDF-F9BE-4324-B44C-0DC9CB17A3E0 (resized).jpeg
    #179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Seems somewhat claustrophobic to me.[quoted image]

Quick look on google maps - I think that is just the bump out space. Zillow has it as 2816sf. There is reference to it being twice as big earlier, but a sale in 2019 for $1,500 has me thinking it was divided.

I'll go with 2800sf as my guess, which should be a good size.

#180 4 years ago

I fixed it for you.

45ad1ed68a1c6571725b772f5fa6976f019ee2d2.jpeg (resized).jpg45ad1ed68a1c6571725b772f5fa6976f019ee2d2.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I fixed it for you.[quoted image]

LMAO

killer dude

I definitely need someone on site at the grand opening to let me know if he indeed shows up to the big event in sweats!

#182 4 years ago

If he does, he better not get too excited..

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I fixed it for you.[quoted image]

I am never disappointed when I revisit this thread.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
    killer dude
    I definitely need someone on site at the grand opening to let me know if he indeed shows up to the big event in sweats!

I live close, but I have better things to do. I think I need to flip my mattresses and rearrange my sock drawer that day.

#185 4 years ago

Fuuuuuuuccck yessssssssss!!!

1 week later
    #186 4 years ago

He's going to have to pay someone to help him, with those hours.

hours (resized).pnghours (resized).png
    #187 4 years ago

10PM is revolutionary now?

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

He's going to have to pay someone to help him, with those hours.

Maybe he has someone already lined up.

Is anyone going for the opening weekend? Looking forward to reviews.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

10PM is revolutionary now?

For Ephrata, yes.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

For Ephrata, yes.

I use to live two blocks from his location, it's not revolutionary.

#191 4 years ago

But his payment system is revolutionary

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Were bars and massage parlors open that late?

Quoted from jahbarron:

But his payment system is revolutionary

You don't see massage parlor using it do you!?

#193 4 years ago

24 hour sweat pants is revolutionary!

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Were bars and massage parlors open that late?

You don't see massage parlor using it do you!?

Yes, most bars in that area close at midnight or 2AM depending on the day of the week. You can walk a block or two up Main Street and hit up the Hilltop bar after you do your business downtown. If you are into seedy dive bars, Dolly's is on your way in from 222 across from Walmart. You may find other folks in sweatpants there! The rub 'n tug is a relatively new thing though...that came after I moved out.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

that came after I moved out.

Stamina!

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

For Ephrata, yes.

Quoted from JodyG:

Same here, used to live a couple blocks away on Church St. Ex lives on East Chestnut and I employed the guy who owns the cell phone store across the street back in the day. My old roommate's brother owns Art of Recycle, the previous tenant. I know the area a little too well.

I'm not trying to crap on this thing but his use of superlatives is somewhat ridiculous. Also tired of hearing him celebrate his future accomplishments; that's for AFTER you do something.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

He's going to have to pay someone to help him, with those hours.[quoted image]

He probably thinks it's no big deal working 74 hours a week without any days off, having never worked before. I know my brain goes flat after about six or seven weeks of that shit.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

He probably thinks it's no big deal working 74 hours a week without any days off, having never worked before. I know my brain goes flat after about six or seven weeks of that shit.

Ouch...yeah. and that's business open hours; not repair/maintanence/store cleanup hours.

Hopefully that can all be done by multiple people.

#199 4 years ago

I'm just curious to see how it all ends up. Will the Gaymuseum be a huge success, or will we see more go-fund-me's asking for help to pay rent, salaries, insurance, taxes, utilities, etc?

#200 4 years ago

FYI, saying gayseum or similar is homophobic and is unacceptable in these times. There is nothing negative about being gay.

Let's call this Lameseum (until we are proven otherwise) and move on.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/4?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.