Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 79.
    #2301 3 years ago

34x he mentioned himself in that one annnnnd.. he got bounced for 3 days

#2302 3 years ago

I apologize fory ignorance. Could some explain this to me please:

"34x and.. he got bounced"

#paytheboob

#2303 3 years ago

I did an edit

#2304 3 years ago

Ah, got it. Thank you. I am new to forums. Do you know why he got bounced?

#paytheboob

#2305 3 years ago

Broken record

#2306 3 years ago

He was running low on material anyways. He’s probably spinning around in his empty arcade thinking about next weekend.

Forgot to mention. #paytheboob

#2307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I would do that. I'm also a big fan of St. Jude's, they're my personal charity of choice and actually was hoping to have something planned last this year for them for all the outpouring support I've received from my local community this year/"repaying that debt", so I extra love your idea. I appreciate you being so considerate during this situation I caused, and your ability to be so generous to others (St. Jude's) even after I wronged you is remarkable and great.
    There's no doubt I fucked you over by accident (I'm extremely sorry for that), I take full responsibility, and I really appreciate your ability to continue to be so generous to others even after you put a lot on the line to just be kind, and ended up losing due to this incident. I was very disappointed in myself that I had inadvertently screwed over the one guy who was willing to help. I should have been more forthcoming, but I was ashamed that I had dropped it, didn't want you to think it was on purpose or that I had a total lack of disregard for your property (I tried really hard to be gentle with it), and legitimately thought there was no damage/no harm no foul, so I thought it was okay to just not mention it, especially because I continued to use it for several days afterwards and it seemed alright to me. And of course, that was teenager logic, and that's not necessarily what I think now or would do present-day. It wasn't okay that I didn't mention it to begin with, but the fact that there ended up actually being damaged really threw that reasoning out the window doubly, and there's no doubt I would like to make it right, and certainly should. You're a caring guy and I'm glad I didn't give you a change of heart in that department, something I had feared - I've definitely felt/feel ashamed over this, but I also felt ashamed that I may have caused you to have a change of heart when the next guy other than me comes along asking for help - and that bothered me even more. I didn't want my mistakes to cause you to disregard others more deserving than I going forward. Clearly that is not the case. Kudos for that.
    Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.
    Steven

33 "I" in this post

#2308 3 years ago

I would be willing to buy a ms Pac-Man or your Mousin Around if the price was fair and depending on condition. I could send the money right to beelzeboob Win Win. #paytheboob

#2309 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Whatever floats your boat pacmanretro, can't send a check if I don't have an address, and after 2 and a half years and only visiting once, I couldn't exactly remember it off the top of my head. (That'd be weird) I did remember he said Snooki's aunt lives down the street, but that didn't really help in any Google searches. I actually even tried Google Maps at one point because I'm from Central NJ and knew the area pretty well and remembered what the house looked like, but it was too difficult... but I went out of my way to try and do this thing back in October despite Randy being such a humble guy.
    Luckily I found it eventually on my own. It's the story changes my post in any way and isn't an excuse, it's just important explanation of the situation. The fact that it was damaged at all wasn't presented to me until October 2019, meanwhile I have hotheads like ISayIts4MyKids here wondering why I didn't pick up the tab in April 2017... or May 2017... or June 2017... nobody reads anymore, so of course I'm going to be over-specific and explain my side of the story.
    With not being alerted until October 2019, and not having open communication thus far with Boob, I'm doing what I can to make it right. Unfortunately that start naturally landed in the middle of a pandemic, so it's going to have to be slower, but I look forward to making things right regardless. It's not any of your concern.

Off topic - has anyone ever been moderated under the tag “Broken Record” before? Is this a pinside precedent?

#2310 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Off topic - has anyone ever been moderated under the tag “Broken Record” before? Is this a pinside precedent?

Also - sorry to double post - is 3 days a common thread eject duration for being a broken record?

#2311 3 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

No I’ve definitely seen it before.

#2312 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

otaku In one of the pictures of your arcade you have two Ms Pacmans next to each other, and you’ve bragged about having multiple copies of to the same games. Sell the duplicates.
    #paytheboob
    #mooch

Otaku Another way to look at this is that if a game came up for sale that you really wanted, you’d sell your duplicate games to raise the funds. You state that it doesn’t make good business sense to sell games, but delaying paying back Randy hurts your reputation and therefore your business. Sell the extras.

If you’re worried about selling games to locals who might stop coming into the arcade, ask your friend Todd Tuckey to sell them for you and deliver the games to him.

#paytheboob

#2313 3 years ago

Well, it's nice to see that Escaleras aren't the only thing he breaks. Does this three-day eject mean I'll have to wait three days longer to see any money?

But seriously, folks...

I forgot to mention that he returned the unit with the battery completely run down and not holding a charge. That cost me 70 smackers, so the check he (supposedly) sent me will cover that, at least. (And I found out when the thing wouldn't even make it down the stairs without shutting down...thank God I didn't have a machine on it at the time!)

To review: No GoFundMe for me. No Escalera for Otaku. No charity for St. Jude's. Busted right chain assembly for Beelzeboob, and a string of days where I keep checking my mailbox for a $100 check. *Sigh*

And to think my wife told me I was crazy to lend it out to a complete stranger.

#2314 3 years ago

Seems like a lot more than this...

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #2315 3 years ago

Sadly the 3 day ejection will just provide him with further excuses for not having made things right in all probability.

#2316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Hi, I plan to #paytheboob as soon as I'm able, and hopefully that shows through as I'm the one who brought it up myself several times unprompted. It's going to happen.
    That being said, it's about the worst time for me or any business to fulfill a gesture like that, given the worldwide situation. The spare change isn't there (right now), and if it was, it'd be a dumb idea to put that between feeding my family, paying the rent, and keeping the lights on - the margins are too tight, and stuff that needs to go to other things isn't spare change. I'm back to making a good chunk per month, but that doesn't mean it's not going to bills, food, utilities, so on and so forth - not sure how everybody is forgetting about that. We're definitely not running full tilt yet, no business is even close, not to mention the limiting factor of the capacity restrictions currently in place ensuring that... I thought that was obvious.
    Please keep in mind, A, the situation occured in April of 2017, but I was only alerted to any damage here on Pinside in October of 2019 (Randy never reached out to me at any point regarding it, and I wish he had), and B, at which point I quickly attempted to contact beelzeboob privately by phone and via Pinside to try and make things right, back in October, to no avail.
    At this point, he left me a nice message and he "stopped responding" (quoting him), and didn't want to move forward it, and I left Pinside again and it ended up where it ended up. It was "case closed" and *I* was the one who still wanted to move forward. The issue remained on my mind, I found Randy's address in my old cell phone to send him some $$$ whether he likes it or not when I can, and still plan to do so - but unfortunately given the financial hit the entire world is taking, it's not the time - but there will be a time.

Again, it's not like I've been sitting on this for years, it's been 9 months, and practically not even that - I was turned down the first time through several means of contact, couldn't even get his address until I found my old phone recently, so it's really like the sprung back up in the last 2 days, 0 to 100, at the financially worst time for anybody to fulfill something like this.
    I'm not trying to bullshit anybody, I want to make it right, but the money isn't there right now and I figured that would be obvious for any business. No successful business right now has $2,200 to send somebody right now just 2 weeks after re-opening, and I'm not buying any games obviously - every business is in recovery mode. That can be the case and I can still be "successful", if I was unsuccessful and going through this, I wouldn't be open right now, this COVID stuff is really weeding out what businesses are working, or aren't... so that has nothing to do with it, and I don't really care to continue to preach to you guys how successful I am or not, because I'm not here to impress you. Again, it's successful businesses temporarily cursed with the unfortunate events that are unrolling - we're only allowed to operate at 25% of the capacity for instance, so no matter how well you're doing, every business is shoved in a box right now that doesn't let you do your best no matter what - it's not the business's true colors or full capabilities, and I think we're all just getting by right now. It's just how it is. We're not doing bad, but when you're turning people away, you're forced to take a hit anyways. There's no way to win, and we're just getting through the next few months for what it is - it is what it is.
    I'll pay Boob when I can, and I'd rather do it right than throw him $100 just because that's all I have to offer... I'd rather wait a few months and do it right. The constant pressuring is only making the situation worse and really should be left to me doing the right thing, not to mention it's been on my mind a lot longer than it has for you guys, and I'm the one who brought it up - it's not like I've forgotten. For the third or fourth time, Randy's a cool dude, and I'm going to make it right, but can't right now. But I will. That's all I have to say about that.

“”The dog ate my homework.” That’s the only thing that needed to be said here. “Successful” business owners pay their debts even if they have to pull out a credit card and take on additional debt to do so.

#2317 3 years ago

Does Otaku ever write a post without the word "but" in it.... It's always some BS broken promise "but" another BS reason why he can't fulfill the promise. Seems like he is being very disingenuous.

#2318 3 years ago

#paytheboob

#2319 3 years ago

Hey, does anybody else miss Otaku when he gets punted, or is it just me? You really can't beat him for entertainment value.

Okay, so it's probably just me. Somebody should come up with a self-flagellation emoji.

#2320 3 years ago

He claims to be unable to pay boob but not long ago posted these pics ?

#paytheboob

0B90D8C0-6C6B-4AA4-896C-3B526E2FDC00 (resized).jpeg0B90D8C0-6C6B-4AA4-896C-3B526E2FDC00 (resized).jpeg
    #2322 3 years ago

"Paying Boob is the mostest most importantest thing ever to me. I would totally pay him if I had the money. It's just that I REALLY need these three Asteroid machines next to each other"

#paytheboob

#2323 3 years ago

Well, he started a GoFundMe for his basement, his vet bills for his dog and at least two for Gameseum.

He could always go back to the cyberbegging well for an escalera GoFundMe I guess.

Or, like others have said, he could sell his dupes or some of the games he has in storage units.

#2324 3 years ago

Is the busted right chain the part Steve says he hasn't been able to track down? I found them in about 30 seconds via Google.

https://handtrucks2go.com/Chain-Kit-and-Lifting-Feet-Replacement-For-Escalera-Hand-Trucks.html

#2325 3 years ago

#paytheboob

#2326 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Is the busted right chain the part Steve says he hasn't been able to track down? I found them in about 30 seconds via Google.
    https://handtrucks2go.com/Chain-Kit-and-Lifting-Feet-Replacement-For-Escalera-Hand-Trucks.html

Boob should get a new lift !
    Let Steven source parts , attempt a repair and then keep/sell it.
    I wouldn’t want a repaired lift.
    Definitely wouldn’t want one that was repaired by Steven.

#paytheboob

#sellthedupes

#2327 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Well, he started a GoFundMe for his basement, his vet bills for his dog and at least two for Gameseum.

He could always go back to the cyberbegging well for an escalera GoFundMe I guess.

Or, like others have said, he could sell his dupes or some of the games he has in storage units.

He's likely to put dupes for sale in a shill account then start a GoFundMe for Gameseum asking for help in purchasing additional games and buy them from himself. Problem solved.
    #paytheboob

#2328 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

He's likely to put dupes for sale in a shill account then start a GoFundMe for Gameseum asking for help in purchasing additional games and buy them from himself. Problem solved.
    #paytheboob

You’re giving him ideas....

#2329 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once.

Just yesterday, he mentioned tens of thousands of visitors waiting to visit his arcade. Quick math run showed him making $270,000 + in revenues, assuming no perfidy on his part

Yet, the above attached quote.....Something doesn't add up here.

#2330 3 years ago

Easiest way is sell the games that are making you the least amount of money. If you have any idea what you are doing, you should be auditing every game regularly. Sell the low hanging fruit until you make enough to #paytheboob. You know you need to cut the losers. Rotate other games you have in storage to fill the gaps left by said losers. Problem solved. You have the same number of games on the floor so no impact to your bottom line. You #paytheboob so he's whole. And you might get a shred of respect from people here. And that's where the long hard road could start to rebuilding your reputation and relationship with the community.

#2331 3 years ago

It really is amazing how these social justice movements take off suddenly and change you never thought would happen becomes inevitable in a flash.

I never thought the redskins would change their name.

I never thought boob would get paid.

Revolution is in the air!

#2332 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Just yesterday, he mentioned tens of thousands of visitors waiting to visit his arcade. Quick math run showed him making $270,000 + in revenues, assuming no perfidy on his part
    Yet, the above attached quote.....Something doesn't add up here.

You're not just now figuring that out right?

#2333 3 years ago

Anyone know where he got the money to buy all those games in the first place?

#2334 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It really is amazing how these social justice movements take off suddenly and change you never thought would happen becomes inevitable in a flash.

I never thought boob would get paid.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. He theoretically has sent $100. $100 if sent isn’t the full $2000+

#2335 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. He theoretically has sent $100. $100 if sent isn’t the full $2000+

Who we kidding, its not sent. If by some miracle it was, it will bounce. Boob will never see it cuz there will always be an excuse.
    3 extra pole positions and two asteroids would easily pay boob off. With money left over. But it will never happen.

#2336 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

Easiest way is sell the games that are making you the least amount of money. If you have any idea what you are doing, you should be auditing every game regularly. Sell the low hanging fruit until you make enough to #paytheboob. You know you need to cut the losers. Rotate other games you have in storage to fill the gaps left by said losers. Problem solved. You have the same number of games on the floor so no impact to your bottom line. You #paytheboob so he's whole. And you might get a shred of respect from people here. And that's where the long hard road could start to rebuilding your reputation and relationship with the community.

I believe we are all unfortunately wasting our breath here. He has tangible assets, aka his arcade games, but is unwilling to sell any of them to meet his financial responsibilities short of someone dragging him into court and forcing him to do so. Will present his failure to do so as a false choice of taking care of basic necessities: rent, food, clothing, or #paytheboob Owning arcade games is not a basic necessity and not a single person coming into his place will miss the 4 games he might need to sell to meet his obligation. He can waffle on all he wants, but what it really shows is a total lack of maturity and any responsibility to look out for anyone but himself. Well, karma is a bitch and I believe he is already or will soon experience it. Enough responses here will cause this thread to rise in any Google search. And that record isn't going away anytime soon. Anyone doing the least amount of research on him when he goes looking for the next financial favor claiming poverty will back away quickly if they know what is good for them.

#2337 3 years ago

#paytheboob
    #you'reacheapskate

#2338 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

He has tangible assets, aka his arcade games, but is unwilling to sell any of them to meet his financial responsibilities short of someone dragging him into court and forcing him to do so.

It doesn’t make business sense. Didn’t you read what he wrote?!? Haha

#2339 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

i was told grandma died and he sold the her house, but that was just hearsay.

#2340 3 years ago

It’s bad enough he’s a garbage human being but does he have to be so verbose about it?

#2341 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I would do that. I'm also a big fan of St. Jude's, they're my personal charity of choice and actually was hoping to have something planned last this year for them for all the outpouring support I've received from my local community this year/"repaying that debt", so I extra love your idea. I appreciate you being so considerate during this situation I caused, and your ability to be so generous to others (St. Jude's) even after I wronged you is remarkable and great.
    There's no doubt I fucked you over by accident (I'm extremely sorry for that), I take full responsibility, and I really appreciate your ability to continue to be so generous to others even after you put a lot on the line to just be kind, and ended up losing due to this incident. I was very disappointed in myself that I had inadvertently screwed over the one guy who was willing to help. I should have been more forthcoming, but I was ashamed that I had dropped it, didn't want you to think it was on purpose or that I had a total lack of disregard for your property (I tried really hard to be gentle with it), and legitimately thought there was no damage/no harm no foul, so I thought it was okay to just not mention it, especially because I continued to use it for several days afterwards and it seemed alright to me. And of course, that was teenager logic, and that's not necessarily what I think now or would do present-day. It wasn't okay that I didn't mention it to begin with, but the fact that there ended up actually being damaged really threw that reasoning out the window doubly, and there's no doubt I would like to make it right, and certainly should. You're a caring guy and I'm glad I didn't give you a change of heart in that department, something I had feared - I've definitely felt/feel ashamed over this, but I also felt ashamed that I may have caused you to have a change of heart when the next guy other than me comes along asking for help - and that bothered me even more. I didn't want my mistakes to cause you to disregard others more deserving than I going forward. Clearly that is not the case. Kudos for that.
    Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.
    Steven

So everyone does understand that Steven did not write this. Humility is a virtue that he has not grasped.

#2342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

The constant pressuring is only making the situation worse and really should be left to me doing the right thing

The constant pressure is the only thing that got you to move on it. Funny how that works.

It's almost like they created the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" to describe this exact thing.

#2343 3 years ago

A fair amount of mooching (he has received numerous game “donations” based on the dodgy claim that he’s running an actual “museum”) and his early games were all free-$200 hot mess flea market specials he nursed back to health. The collection was built on a ragtag bargain basement philosophy. He used to brag he’d never paid over $300 or something for a game (and boy howdy did it show in that motley collection) while of course insulting the rest of us who prefer to spend a little more and buy games that HAVEN’T been stored under a porch since Jimmy Carter was pres.

It appears lately he’s been either spending more or mooching better as the quality / $ value / and variety of the new adds is a lot better than what he started with.

#2344 3 years ago

The stuff he bought to fill his “museum” was bought on the cheap. Some just given to him. He’s going to be disappointed when he decides to sell.

#2345 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The stuff he bought to fill his “museum” was bought on the cheap. Some just given to him. He’s going to be disappointed when he decides to sell.

It he ever sells his spares, he will probably ask insane prices for them.

#2346 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A fair amount of mooching (he has received numerous game “donations” based on the dodgy claim that he’s running an actual “museum”) and his early games were all free-$200 hot mess flea market specials he nursed back to health. The collection was built on a ragtag bargain basement philosophy. He used to brag he’d never paid over $300 or something for a game (and boy howdy did it show in that motley collection) while of course insulting the rest of us who prefer to spend a little more and buy games that HAVEN’T been stored under a porch since Jimmy Carter was pres.
    It appears lately he’s been either spending more or mooching better as the quality / $ value / and variety of the new adds is a lot better than what he started with.

That makes sense. Some of his newer stuff looks decent. Maybe that's where grandma's house came in. I'd think his electrical bill has top be hefty

#2347 3 years ago

That makes sense. Some of his newer stuff looks decent. Maybe that's where grandma's house came in. I'd think his electrical bill has top be hefty

If I sold my parents house and flushed it on arcade games I'd be ashamed of myself. Hopefully this is not the case, but the monetary trail of someone who can't payback $2K in damage and yet has all these shiny games does beg the question doesn't it ?

#2348 3 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

If I sold my parents house and flushed it on arcade games I'd be ashamed of myself. Hopefully this is not the case, but the monetary trail of someone who can't payback $2K in damage and yet has all these shiny games does beg the question doesn't it ?

You can use a lot of words to describe the Gameseum collection but "shiny" and "new" would not be among them.

#2349 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can use a lot of words to describe the Gameseum collection but "shiny" and "new" would not be among them.

Touche !

#2350 3 years ago

But I thought he bought the nicest Earthshaker known to man last summer?

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/47?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.