Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 79.
    #2251 3 years ago

#paytheboob

Or else.....

vq281-1 (resized).jpgvq281-1 (resized).jpg
    #2252 3 years ago

#PAYTHEBOOB

#2253 3 years ago

#paytheboob works like kryptonite on Otaku. Or maybe he doesn’t have the money.

#2255 3 years ago

I'm thinking he doesn't actually have a checking account ....

#2256 3 years ago

It's a bit more complicated, but for me, "boobgate" (or "the Escalera Affair"?) comes down to two possibilities:

Steven was pulling in income like a surgeon, sitting on a giant pile of money, and chose to renege on his promise to pay for the damage he caused ,

or,

he's not being truthful .

I suppose this being pinside there's a third possibility... maybe Steven speaks "the middle truth" .

#2257 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm thinking he doesn't actually have a checking account ....

Cash is King!! #PAYTHEBOOB

#2258 3 years ago

Steven should #paytheboob, like right now. He still makes out, since it's a business-related write-off. Of course, that's presuming tax returns are being properly filed.

#2259 3 years ago

Hi, I plan to #paytheboob as soon as I'm able, and hopefully that shows through as I'm the one who brought it up myself several times unprompted. It's going to happen.

That being said, it's about the worst time for me or any business to fulfill a gesture like that, given the worldwide situation. The spare change isn't there (right now), and if it was, it'd be a dumb idea to put that between feeding my family, paying the rent, and keeping the lights on - the margins are too tight, and stuff that needs to go to other things isn't spare change. I'm back to making a good chunk per month, but that doesn't mean it's not going to bills, food, utilities, so on and so forth - not sure how everybody is forgetting about that. We're definitely not running full tilt yet, no business is even close, not to mention the limiting factor of the capacity restrictions currently in place ensuring that... I thought that was obvious.

Please keep in mind, A, the situation occured in April of 2017, but I was only alerted to any damage here on Pinside in October of 2019 (Randy never reached out to me at any point regarding it, and I wish he had), and B, at which point I quickly attempted to contact beelzeboob privately by phone and via Pinside to try and make things right, back in October, to no avail.

At this point, he left me a nice message and he "stopped responding" (quoting him), and didn't want to move forward it, and I left Pinside again and it ended up where it ended up. It was "case closed" and *I* was the one who still wanted to move forward. The issue remained on my mind, I found Randy's address in my old cell phone to send him some $$$ whether he likes it or not when I can, and still plan to do so - but unfortunately given the financial hit the entire world is taking, it's not the time - but there will be a time.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

That being said, when I finally responded to his post that damage had been done to my Escalera, he immediately contacted me to offer me money to buy the new replacement parts. I never took him up on the offer because...well...lesson learned on my part, I guess. He pushed the idea, but I stopped responding.
    The fact that he still brings it up leads me to believe that it's still on his mind. And he may well send me a check. I don't know and I don't really care. My friend once said to me that when you lend somebody money, you should probably expect never to see it again. So I lost some money on the deal, and maybe I'll see it and maybe I won't.
    It was the right thing to do at the time and I got burned. But at the end of the day, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was younger, too, and as far as I can tell, Steven is a guy with a big heart...but yes...also a lack of self-awareness and the selfishness that is prevalent in your teens and twenties. I think all of us were that way to some extent, and it gets edited out (in most cases) through age and experience.
    For that reason, I can't really judge the guy. I just wish the best for him and if he wants to make things right, great. If not, not.

Again, it's not like I've been sitting on this for years, it's been 9 months, and practically not even that - I was turned down the first time through several means of contact, couldn't even get his address until I found my old phone recently, so it's really like the sprung back up in the last 2 days, 0 to 100, at the financially worst time for anybody to fulfill something like this.

I'm not trying to bullshit anybody, I want to make it right, but the money isn't there right now and I figured that would be obvious for any business. No successful business right now has $2,200 to send somebody right now just 2 weeks after re-opening, and I'm not buying any games obviously - every business is in recovery mode. That can be the case and I can still be "successful", if I was unsuccessful and going through this, I wouldn't be open right now, this COVID stuff is really weeding out what businesses are working, or aren't... so that has nothing to do with it, and I don't really care to continue to preach to you guys how successful I am or not, because I'm not here to impress you. Again, it's successful businesses temporarily cursed with the unfortunate events that are unrolling - we're only allowed to operate at 25% of the capacity for instance, so no matter how well you're doing, every business is shoved in a box right now that doesn't let you do your best no matter what - it's not the business's true colors or full capabilities, and I think we're all just getting by right now. It's just how it is. We're not doing bad, but when you're turning people away, you're forced to take a hit anyways. There's no way to win, and we're just getting through the next few months for what it is - it is what it is.

I'll pay Boob when I can, and I'd rather do it right than throw him $100 just because that's all I have to offer... I'd rather wait a few months and do it right. The constant pressuring is only making the situation worse and really should be left to me doing the right thing, not to mention it's been on my mind a lot longer than it has for you guys, and I'm the one who brought it up - it's not like I've forgotten. For the third or fourth time, Randy's a cool dude, and I'm going to make it right, but can't right now. But I will. That's all I have to say about that.

#2260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Hi, I plan to #paytheboob as soon as I'm able

#paytheboob YESTERDAY

Quoted from Otaku:

No successful business right now has $2,200 to send somebody right now just 2 weeks after re-opening

Every successful business has this to send to someone they owe. I run a successful business and I would’ve told Boob the moment I fucked up his Escalara, paid for the current one to be fixed or replaced it, BEFORE I even gave it back to him. But had it even taken until now to make it right, I would’ve paid him now. That’s what successful businesses do. Pay their bills.

Quoted from Otaku:

I'll pay Boob when I can, and I'd rather do it right than throw him $100 just because that's all I have to offer

So your business isn’t successful then. If this is all you have to your name, then you have the definition of an unsuccessful business.

You can make this right and then some by selling a couple games, but we all know you’re incapable of doing that.

Quoted from Otaku:

but can't right now.

Yes you can. If you really cared (which you don’t), you’d make it right, NOW.

#2261 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would’ve told Boob the moment I fucked up his Escalara, paid for the current one to be fixed or replaced it, BEFORE I even gave it back to him.

You clearly didn't read anything I wrote. Maybe if you actually stopped skimming what I wrote, you'd understand the situation a little better. I know reading and fully analyzing situations isn't Pinside's strong suit.

#2262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

You clearly didn't read anything I wrote. Maybe if you actually stopped skimming what I wrote, you'd understand the situation a little better. I know reading and fully analyzing situations isn't Pinside's strong suit.

I missed the part where you explained why you can't sell anything to raise the money.
    Could you explain that again please?

#2263 3 years ago

It's just business sense.

Quoted from RCA1:

I missed the part where you explained why you can't sell anything to raise the money.
    Could you explain that again please?

Quoted from Otaku:

Now that it's full in here, I can take a breath essentially. Which is good, because this year will probably be nothing but saving up a safety net again instead, and the collection is convieniently vast enough now to hold its own for quite some time and give anybody who comes in an absolutely fantastic experience, even if they come back multiple times.
    People say sell some games, but it's not that easy... when you're charging admission, you gotta keep the place full and live up to expectations, and especially don't go in reverse. People notice missing games really particularly, even just one. When you are taking money upfront, you have to deliver of course. So it's not like I can liquidate half of my assets and expect nobody to notice or to not shoot myself in both feet in an instant. Pinside may dislike it but for longterm success these games aren't going anywhere, and if you look at any other arcades doing fundraisers, it's pretty much the same way for them - no liquidation. Too risky. The worst thing you can do during this low point is give people less reasons to come back.
    Not many here see it but I know exactly what I am doing and there is tons of thought put into everything. The entire year was consistent and we never had a particularly rough month (until everybody started having a rough month, of course). Thanks again for talking shop and the sincerity, it was enjoyable!

#2264 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

but I was only alerted to any damage here on Pinside in October of 2019

Were you not alerted to any damage when you watched it fall down the stairs with a game on it?

#2265 3 years ago

On a more positive note, we had a great time at our usual dinner last night - party of 9. I took the time to explain the situation to others, and those I talked to (without bias) agreed that it's reasonable to pay it back when I can in the next few months especially since the issue was not brought up for 2 years, and is not hurting anybody, rather than put my family and business in jeopardy by making any stupid financial decisions. It'll get paid back, and not too long from now, and that's what matters. No more long posts required. I understand you guys aren't very sympathetic to the situation but I'm doing my best, and I think the situation will work out well between me and Randy when the time comes - it's between us.

111442849_10217698093032604_2701013398951874614_o (resized).jpg111442849_10217698093032604_2701013398951874614_o (resized).jpg
    #2266 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Were you not alerted to any damage when you watched it fall down the stairs with a game on it?

NO! Boob didnt tell him that could damage it!

#2267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

we had a great time at our usual dinner last night

Who picked up the check? You don't have enough money to eat out if you can't pay your debts.

#2268 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Game landed on it's face (I let go of the handtruck to avoid falling down with it, at which point it went down forwards and landed flat on the game with the handtruck in the air due to the straps keeping it safe), couldn't have gone sideways as the hallway restricted it and it didn't hit any walls, only went down 3 stairs, and the game was undamaged enough to use without any repairs needed... it really wasn't a hard fall, and the game took nearly the entire hit, so I'm still trying to figure out how it happened. Not that I don't believe Randy, because I'm sure it's my fault. But I didn't notice any damage and I had no reason to suspect damage, because of how it happened.

#2269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

On a more positive note, we had a great time at our usual dinner last night - party of 9. I took the time to explain the situation to others, and those I talked to (without bias) agreed that it's reasonable to pay it back when I can in the next few months especially since the issue was not brought up for 2 years, and is not hurting anybody, rather than put my family and business in jeopardy by making any stupid financial decisions. It'll get paid back, and not too long from now, and that's what matters. No more long posts required. I understand you guys aren't very sympathetic to the situation but I'm doing my best, and I think the situation will work out well between me and Randy when the time comes - it's between us.
    [quoted image]

Not hurting anybody??? Maybe not on your end....typical selfishness.

Maybe go ahead and keep tossing him that 100 cash you just mentioned as a good faith gesture then...untill you CAN replace it.

#2270 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Who picked up the check? You don't have enough money to eat out if yoy can't pay your debts.

I had a gift card ready but Todd picked up the tab for both groups despite my insistence, great guy!

#2271 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I had a gift card ready but Todd picked up the tab for both groups despite my insistence, great guy!

Sell the gift card.
    Todd is a great guy.

#2272 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Not hurting anybody??? Maybe not on your end....typical selfishness.
    Maybe go ahead and keep tossing him that 100 cash you just mentioned as a good faith gesture then.

Yes, I actually thought of that too, I actually just got done putting Randy in my bank's online bill pay feature a few minutes ago - it essentially mails checks instantly. I've just sent him $100, most I can do right now, but that won't be all, I hope to continue to do so. Now, I don't want to just do that monthly as it would take forever depending on how much he wants (I am hoping full purchase price if I can swing it), so hopefully soon I'll be able to eliminate the entire situation in a more timely fashion - but it's a start I hope.

I only just found his address (PITA!) or I would have done this in October no problem... I hate that it looks like a knee-jerk reaction to all of this, because it's not.

It's a good way to handle the situation despite the global economic downturn.

sfrewrrewrew (resized).pngsfrewrrewrew (resized).png

#2273 3 years ago

Sorry #paytheboob

You being out a very valuable piece of equipment, should you need it (for hobby or business use), doesn't affect him; so he basically just said it shouldn't affect you either while he works on him only.

#2274 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Sell the gift card.
    Todd is a great guy.

I'll naturally pick up the tab next time in a few months, we used to do this weekly before the pandemic... good time. We usually rotate the entire tab or pay individually (individually as of recent because we're all BROKE )

#2275 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Yes, I actually thought of that too, I actually just got done putting Randy in my bank's online bill pay feature a few minutes ago - it essentially mails checks instantly. I've just sent him $100, most I can do right now, but that won't be all, I hope to continue to do so. Now, I don't want to just do that monthly as it would take forever depending on how much he wants (I am hoping full purchase price if I can swing it), so hopefully soon I'll be able to eliminate the entire situation in a more timely fashion - but it's a start I hope.
    [quoted image]

For REAL, nice to see that go to boob to at least show some effort.

II think EVERYONE understands things are tightened up for all right now.

And I agree, 100 a month would take FOREVER. But 100 now and more asap (not 9 more months from now) is a good start.

At 1/4 capacity, a bet a surgeon could pay him the rest by next month though

#2276 3 years ago

Here's a bit of business advice for you, free of charge. When you have a business, you have to go out of your way to take care of people, even if it costs you a little extra time or money because it will come back to you ten fold in good word of mouth advertising.

With that, you have to realize that the people on here are known in their communities as pinball/arcade people and will be asked for advice on fun places to go for an arcade outing. Most on here aware of this situation would NEVER recommend your place.

Make things right and you will get that money back ten fold by making your name good with local pinheads and beyond.
    -Chrissi

#2277 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

At 1/4 capacity, a bet a surgeon could pay him the rest by next month though

I know you're joking around, but at the cost of what I pay monthly just based on bills, sometimes I wish I was a surgeon (just kidding). My electric bill helps with that

Surgeons make more than I thought they did, but in our prime, it's not as far off as it seems. I wish we could get back to that, believe me! COVID sucks, and people just aren't coming out full swing yet. Last summer, one weekend and I could buy Boob a brand new one and then some, and would, if that were the situation right now. But alas...

People are slowly coming back out though. Every day seems to be earning more than the last, and things are slowly going back to normal (at least in the minds of Pennsylvanians) so hopefully soon I'll be able to increase my payments, or just buy him one. It'll take a while, but I have no problem with starting.

#2278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Sugar Daddy! Never met the guy but have watched some of his videos. He’s kinda funny.

#paytheboob

#2279 3 years ago

Steven,

Regarding your post 2259. I read the whole thing. You are not fooling anyone with your long winded diatribe. It's just babble and an excuse not to pay him. If you have pinball machines that you own you have the ability to pay him back. The fact that you "found out" years after it happened isn't Boobs fault. It's your fault!!

An honest person, when returning the Escalera would say "I dropped your machine on accident. I am really sorry. Can we please go over it together with a fine toothed comb to make sure it is ok?" Or something along those lines. You didn't do that! The delay in finding out the machine was damaged is due to YOU being a liar. You are a liar and a scoundrel.

You owe Boob. That means every dollar you spend is actually his money. Why should he sit there with a broken machine while you have games in storage?

Sell some of your stored games. Sell some of the games you have on the floor. If Pinsiders knew the money was going to Boob I bet they would sell easily.

You may become the richest, most "successful" person in the world but if you get there by being a disgusting liar your success is worthless.

PS. Plus one star for sending him $100. Nice job

#paytheboob

#2280 3 years ago
    Quoted from ISayIts4MyKids:

Steven,
    Regarding your post 2259. I read the whole thing. You are not fooling anyone with your long winded diatribe. It's just babble and an excuse not to pay him. If you have pinball machines that you own you have the ability to pay him back. The fact that you "found out" years after it happened isn't Boobs fault. It's your fault!!
    An honest person, when returning the Escalera would say "I dropped your machine on accident. I am really sorry. Can we please go over it together with a fine toothed comb to make sure it is ok?" Or something along those lines. You didn't do that! The delay in finding out the machine was damaged is due to YOU being a liar. You are a liar and a scoundrel.
    You owe Boob. That means every dollar you spend is actually his money. Why should he sit there with a broken machine while you have games in storage?
    Sell some of your stored games. Sell some of the games you have on the floor. If Pinsiders knew the money was going to Boob I bet they would sell easily.
    You may become the richest, most "successful" person in the world but if you get there by being a disgusting liar your success is worthless.
    #paytheboob

Tell us how you really feel...

#2281 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I only just found his address (PITA!) or I would have done this in October no problem... I hate that it looks like a knee-jerk reaction to all of this, because it's not.
    It's a good way to handle the situation despite the global economic downturn.
    [quoted image]

Sorry, but I removed my upvote on this because you added the part about how you "would have" done this back in October...blah blah. That was added as a feel good excuse for yourself, unfortunately; and was not necessary.

It is good to see you work on righting it, but at the same time....EVERYONE is right that you COULD focus on it more, sell an extra game, use some of that 'for the future' hand out money, etc......

HELL, maybe you even have some games boob is interested in or something even, if you are having a hard time finding buyers.

#2282 3 years ago

Steven,
    #paytheboob

Didn't see your post till I posted mine.

I fail to see how selling a machine to right wrongs would hurt business....

#2283 3 years ago

I don't think it would be hard for him to find a buyer if he said something like:

#paytheboob sale!

"Hey everybody,

I'm trying to sell some of my games to pay Boob back. If you see anything you're interested in please let me know. I have doubles of x, y and z so those are the ones I'd be most interested in selling if possible.

Our hours are xxxxxx so feel free to stop by or give me a call.

Thanks,
    S"

#2284 3 years ago

Thanks for the check, Steven...I'll keep my eye out for it. And thanks to all of you for the #paytheboob project. It's pretty funny to see this entire thread turn into #paytheboob spam.

I've been thinking about a win/win/win situation for everybody. Let me know what you think (you can tell me to go F myself if you'd like):

1. I start a GoFundMe for a new Escalera. (Mine has the large shelf, big wheels, and brakes on it, but I can transfer those over.)
    2. I sell my used and damaged Escalera to Steven. I'm thinking the value is around $1500. I'll even credit the $100 he supposedly sent me towards the purchase. He could clearly use the thing being in the business he's in.
    3. I take the $1500 and donate it to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, my favorite charity.

Like I said: win/win/win.

What say you?

Somebody who knows Zach, find out how much he'd sell me the MS-66 model for so I know how much to do the GoFundMe for, and tell him it's ultimately for charities: mine, Steven's, and kids with cancer.

#2285 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Hi, I plan to #paytheboob as soon as I'm able, and hopefully that shows through as I'm the one who brought it up myself several times unprompted. It's going to happen.
    That being said, it's about the worst time for me or any business to fulfill a gesture like that, given the worldwide situation. The spare change isn't there (right now), and if it was, it'd be a dumb idea to put that between feeding my family, paying the rent, and keeping the lights on - the margins are too tight, and stuff that needs to go to other things isn't spare change. I'm back to making a good chunk per month, but that doesn't mean it's not going to bills, food, utilities, so on and so forth - not sure how everybody is forgetting about that. We're definitely not running full tilt yet, no business is even close, not to mention the limiting factor of the capacity restrictions currently in place ensuring that... I thought that was obvious.
    Please keep in mind, A, the situation occured in April of 2017, but I was only alerted to any damage here on Pinside in October of 2019 (Randy never reached out to me at any point regarding it, and I wish he had), and B, at which point I quickly attempted to contact beelzeboob privately by phone and via Pinside to try and make things right, back in October, to no avail.
    At this point, he left me a nice message and he "stopped responding" (quoting him), and didn't want to move forward it, and I left Pinside again and it ended up where it ended up. It was "case closed" and *I* was the one who still wanted to move forward. The issue remained on my mind, I found Randy's address in my old cell phone to send him some $$$ whether he likes it or not when I can, and still plan to do so - but unfortunately given the financial hit the entire world is taking, it's not the time - but there will be a time.

Again, it's not like I've been sitting on this for years, it's been 9 months, and practically not even that - I was turned down the first time through several means of contact, couldn't even get his address until I found my old phone recently, so it's really like the sprung back up in the last 2 days, 0 to 100, at the financially worst time for anybody to fulfill something like this.
    I'm not trying to bullshit anybody, I want to make it right, but the money isn't there right now and I figured that would be obvious for any business. No successful business right now has $2,200 to send somebody right now just 2 weeks after re-opening, and I'm not buying any games obviously - every business is in recovery mode. That can be the case and I can still be "successful", if I was unsuccessful and going through this, I wouldn't be open right now, this COVID stuff is really weeding out what businesses are working, or aren't... so that has nothing to do with it, and I don't really care to continue to preach to you guys how successful I am or not, because I'm not here to impress you. Again, it's successful businesses temporarily cursed with the unfortunate events that are unrolling - we're only allowed to operate at 25% of the capacity for instance, so no matter how well you're doing, every business is shoved in a box right now that doesn't let you do your best no matter what - it's not the business's true colors or full capabilities, and I think we're all just getting by right now. It's just how it is. We're not doing bad, but when you're turning people away, you're forced to take a hit anyways. There's no way to win, and we're just getting through the next few months for what it is - it is what it is.
    I'll pay Boob when I can, and I'd rather do it right than throw him $100 just because that's all I have to offer... I'd rather wait a few months and do it right. The constant pressuring is only making the situation worse and really should be left to me doing the right thing, not to mention it's been on my mind a lot longer than it has for you guys, and I'm the one who brought it up - it's not like I've forgotten. For the third or fourth time, Randy's a cool dude, and I'm going to make it right, but can't right now. But I will. That's all I have to say about that.

You refer to yourself 31 times in a single post. Let that sink in... Stop thinking about YOU all the f'ing time.

Here's a life lesson for you.. when someone throws up their hands and walks away from you.. that's not a sign they are SATISIFIED - but had enough of your non-sense!

You could have saved yourself and everyone else a ton bull and drama by making a simple pledge... "I won't buy another game until I've settled my debt"

It's not that f'ing hard to set the world in a better place if you stop thinking about yourself 99.99% of the time.

#2286 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I fail to see how selling a machine to right wrongs would hurt business

#hoardersgonnahoard

#2287 3 years ago

Whatever floats your boat pacmanretro, can't send a check if I don't have an address, and after 2 and a half years and only visiting once, I couldn't exactly remember it off the top of my head. (That'd be weird) I did remember he said Snooki's aunt lives down the street, but that didn't really help in any Google searches. I actually even tried Google Maps at one point because I'm from Central NJ and knew the area pretty well and remembered what the house looked like, but it was too difficult... but I went out of my way to try and do this thing back in October despite Randy being such a humble guy.

Luckily I found it eventually on my own. It's the story changes my post in any way and isn't an excuse, it's just important explanation of the situation. The fact that it was damaged at all wasn't presented to me until October 2019, meanwhile I have hotheads like ISayIts4MyKids here wondering why I didn't pick up the tab in April 2017... or May 2017... or June 2017... nobody reads anymore, so of course I'm going to be over-specific and explain my side of the story.

With not being alerted until October 2019, and not having open communication thus far with Boob, I'm doing what I can to make it right. Unfortunately that start naturally landed in the middle of a pandemic, so it's going to have to be slower, but I look forward to making things right regardless. It's not any of your concern.

#2288 3 years ago

Steven you have more than once mentioned how tight things are for you and that you have to provide for family first, that is commendable of you as a provider but I'd like you to consider that Boob is a school teacher, do you know what a teacher makes annually?? He's not setting records I can assure you, I have two sisters who teach school and believe me the loss of a piece of equipment they paid over 2k for would be devastating to say the least. I'm glad you've decided to at least make a show of paying him back and I hope you follow through with it, he lent you a helping hand the least you can do is return that kindness with making this right.

Russ

#2289 3 years ago

I don't think it would be hard for him to find a buyer if he said something like:
    #paytheboob sale!
    "Hey everybody,
    I'm trying to sell some of my games to pay Boob back. If you see anything you're interested in please let me know. I have doubles of x, y and z so those are the ones I'd be most interested in selling if possible.
    Our hours are xxxxxx so feel free to stop by or give me a call.
    Thanks,
    S"

I inquired about buying one of his games to no avail. #paytheboob

#2290 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for the check, Steven...I'll keep my eye out for it. And thanks to all of you for the #paytheboob project. It's pretty funny to see this entire thread turn into #paytheboob spam.
    I've been thinking about a win/win/win situation for everybody. Let me know what you think (you can tell me to go F myself if you'd like):
    1. I start a GoFundMe for a new Escalera. (Mine has the large shelf, big wheels, and brakes on it, but I can transfer those over.)
    2. I sell my used and damaged Escalera to Steven. I'm thinking the value is around $1500. I'll even credit the $100 he supposedly sent me towards the purchase. He could clearly use the thing being in the business he's in.
    3. I take the $1500 and donate it to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, my favorite charity.
    What say you?
    Somebody who knows Zach, find out how much he'd sell me the MS-66 model for so I know how much to do the GoFundMe for, and tell him it's ultimately for charities: mine, Steven's, and kids with cancer.

This overcomplicates things. Otaku should buy you a new unit and he should get the damaged one. Or restore your machine to like new condition which might be impossible. Care and custody.
    Boob is a good person and should be made whole.
    #paytheboob

#2291 3 years ago

Lols. 31 times?!? And that was a short post!

Maybe you could start a vote thread Boob? My vote would be #2.

Otakus inability to see where he is flat out wrong despite enormous feedback just tilts me.

And him having a functioning Escalera could wind up MAKING him money. Maybe he could rent it out? Or maybe you get a discount on a rental when buying a day pass? Or maybe there are a hundred better ideas Pinsiders have that they just stopped sharing because his interface with the world is just so grating.

#paytheboob

#2292 3 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

This overcomplicates things. Otaku should buy you a new unit and he should get the damaged one. Or restore your machine to like new condition which might be impossible. Care and custody.
    Boob is a good person and should be made whole.
    #paytheboob

I do see your point.

I LOVE adding the charity thing in there, but it would probably only work out well if the gofundme got up to the right amount....

Like, ok....say Steven pays up and gets damaged unit, and boob gives money to charity....what happens if the gofundme doesn't raise enough??? Then boob loses out on getting enough money for a new unit and may wind up with not having one at all...unless that's okay with Randy...

#2293 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Whatever floats your boat pacmanretro, can't send a check if I don't have an address, and after 2 and a half years and only visiting once, I couldn't exactly remember it off the top of my head. (That'd be weird) I did remember he said Snooki's aunt lives down the street, but that didn't really help in any Google searches. I actually even tried Google Maps at one point because I'm from Central NJ and knew the area pretty well and remembered what the house looked like, but it was too difficult... but I went out of my way to try and do this thing back in October despite Randy being such a humble guy.
    Luckily I found it eventually on my own. It's the story changes my post in any way and isn't an excuse, it's just important explanation of the situation. The fact that it was damaged at all wasn't presented to me until October 2019, meanwhile I have hotheads like ISayIts4MyKids here wondering why I didn't pick up the tab in April 2017... or May 2017... or June 2017... nobody reads anymore, so of course I'm going to be over-specific and explain my side of the story.
    With not being alerted until October 2019, and not having open communication thus far with Boob, I'm doing what I can to make it right. Unfortunately that start naturally landed in the middle of a pandemic, so it's going to have to be slower, but I look forward to making things right regardless. It's not any of your concern.

see...I simply can not accept that as an excuse AT ALL.

If you can ACTUALLY sit there and say you didn't pay him ANYTHING till now because you didn't have his address, then I don't even know how to respond.

You clearly found it magically now. But, besides that, if you couldn't get ahold of him in any way, I would venture to guess more than one person on pinside may have heard of him before and been able to help.

When did you put money aside for him since you learned of this in october instead of spend spend spend??

And how many messages, threads, posts, pms, etc etc did you try? Did you maybe try posting (even in this thread) back in october saying "Hey guys!! I have a check for Randy, does anybody know how to contact him. Or can they let him know please!"??????

Yeah....sorry, but that's a pathetic excuse. Just is.

#2294 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I do see your point.
    I LOVE adding the charity thing in there, but it would probably only work out well if the gofundme got up to the right amount....
    Like, ok....say Steven pays up and gets damaged unit, and boob gives money to charity....what happens if thw gofundme doesn't raise enough??? Then boob loses out on getting enough money for a new unit and may wind up with not having one at all...unless that's okay with Randy...

*Sigh* Oh, well...I had a "perfect world" scenario where everything works out and I can donate money to people who really need it. But you make a good point...

And yes...I do need an Escalera because most of my games are in my basement.

Lols. 31 times?!? And that was a short post!
    Maybe you could start a vote thread Boob? My vote would be #2.
    Otakus inability to see where he is flat out wrong despite enormous feedback just tilts me.
    And him having a functioning Escalera could wind up MAKING him money. Maybe he could rent it out? Or maybe you get a discount on a rental when buying a day pass? Or maybe there are a hundred better ideas Pinsiders have that they just stopped sharing because his interface with the world is just so grating.
    #paytheboob

It wasn't a "vote on your favorite thing" list. That was a 3-step list where I get a new Escalera, Steven gets an Escalera, and a charity gets money.

Looking on the bright side, I do think of Steven every time I use the Escalera and see those wonky right supports barely catching the stairs.

#2295 3 years ago

Steven,

I do not know if you actually believe what you write or not. Or if you expect others to, but what you say is absolute nonsense.

1. You didn't find out about the damage until October 2019 because YOU didn't tell him you dropped his brand new machine down the stairs. Do you understand that? It is YOUR fault. Not his. Boobs only mistake was trusting you to be a decent human being.

2. Your inability to find his address is RIDICULOUS. How hard would it have been to log onto Pinside and ask someone to send you a private message with his contact info. You're internet savvy. If you wanted his info you would have found it.

3. If you have pinball machines you own you have the ability to pay him back. He is subsidizing your business

4. The fact that Boob is cool about it is inconsequential. The man must be some type of saint.

#paytheboob

#2296 3 years ago

2. Your inability to find his address is RIDICULOUS. How hard would it have been to log onto Pinside and ask someone to send you a private message with his contact info. You're internet savvy. If you wanted his info you would have found it.

Well...he DID drive to my house to pick it up and drop it off...

4. The fact that Boob is cool about it is inconsequential. The man must be some type of saint.

Please tell my wife that.

#2297 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What say you?

I would do that. I'm also a big fan of St. Jude's, they're my personal charity of choice and actually was hoping to have something planned last this year for them for all the outpouring support I've received from my local community this year/"repaying that debt", so I extra love your idea. I appreciate you being so considerate during this situation I caused, and your ability to be so generous to others (St. Jude's) even after I wronged you is remarkable and great.

There's no doubt I fucked you over by accident (I'm extremely sorry for that), I take full responsibility, and I really appreciate your ability to continue to be so generous to others even after you put a lot on the line to just be kind, and ended up losing due to this incident. I was very disappointed in myself that I had inadvertently screwed over the one guy who was willing to help. I should have been more forthcoming, but I was ashamed that I had dropped it, didn't want you to think it was on purpose or that I had a total lack of disregard for your property (I tried really hard to be gentle with it), and legitimately thought there was no damage/no harm no foul, so I thought it was okay to just not mention it, especially because I continued to use it for several days afterwards and it seemed alright to me. And of course, that was teenager logic, and that's not necessarily what I think now or would do present-day. It wasn't okay that I didn't mention it to begin with, but the fact that there ended up actually being damaged really threw that reasoning out the window doubly, and there's no doubt I would like to make it right, and certainly should. You're a caring guy and I'm glad I didn't give you a change of heart in that department, something I had feared - I've definitely felt/feel ashamed over this, but I also felt ashamed that I may have caused you to have a change of heart when the next guy other than me comes along asking for help - and that bothered me even more. I didn't want my mistakes to cause you to disregard others more deserving than I going forward. Clearly that is not the case. Kudos for that.

Honestly, I'd love to just buy you a new one of the same model, and you can trade me the old one if you like and skip all the other stuff... but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once. But that's what I was hoping to do.

Steven

#2298 3 years ago

I ain’t got the money. I’ll pay you when I can. I’m using the “kick the can down the road” excuse.

#2299 3 years ago

Dang it Steven. I was totally rooting for you all the way through post 2297. Then I got to:

"but it's going to be a while before I see that kind of money all at once"

You have the ability. You just lack the desire. It will be hard. It will be painful. I understand that. But that's part of becoming an adult (and a business owner). Doing the right thing isn't always easy. If it were more people would do it.

#2300 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Didn't see your post till I posted mine.
    I fail to see how selling a machine to right wrongs would hurt business....

Otaku In one of the pictures of your arcade you have two Ms Pacmans next to each other, and you’ve bragged about having multiple copies of to the same games. Sell the duplicates.

#paytheboob
    #mooch

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/46?hl=thegeekyhusband and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.