Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 79.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Is gameseum a charity?

It is obviously a for-profit business and not a 501(c)(3). You wouldn't be able to write off any game donations. I suppose there are still people out there that just want someone to haul away an old game that is taking up space. I don't really understand how it is being framed though with the whole hybrid "arcade/museum" angle.

#102 5 years ago

Just noticed the poll added to this thread...can a second poll be added as to how long they'll be open if they even have an opening?

$1 per play? That's nuts...

#103 5 years ago

I figure there will eventually be a GoFundMe to cover the rent each month.

#104 5 years ago

As long as there's a photo of him standing around in those sweatpants I'll def donate to the gofundme. Nothing says "here's a go getter who has his act together" than a kid in dirty sweats begging for money.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I feel sorry for those innocent people being sucked in and donating machines, when instead it could go to a good cause. I know its theirs to do with as they wish but I have a bad feeling about this venture. 1 dollar a game? Are you kidding?
    Don't believe in luck so can't wish that.

It’s not a $1 a game. That was a one off for the pre-grand opening celebration. His establishment is a pay one price and play for free. I believe you can pay by the hour or $25 for an all day pass.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s not a $1 a game. That was a one off for the pre-grand opening celebration. His establishment is a pay one price and play for free. I believe you can pay by the hour or $25 for an all day pass.

I am curious how they plan on enforcing the hourly rate. At busy times I would think it would be very difficult to determine who has been in there for how long...

#107 5 years ago

It's as simple as a wristband with the time you came in written on it.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I am curious how they plan on enforcing the hourly rate. At busy times I would think it would be very difficult to determine who has been in there for how long...

There are a few around the area that use the wristband with written time method. One uses a computer and a swipe card that works on some games, and then you pay when you leave. I am sure it can be exploited, but this isn't exactly a get rich business.

#109 5 years ago

Legit question: How is the name of the place pronounced?

Game-zem?
    Ga-me-zem?
    Gam-es-em?

Does he need to make a commercial like Rakuten to teach people how to say the name of his business?

First rule of marketing: make it easy for people to ask for your product by name

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I guess that would be ok, but I've worked at a place which uses only all day wristbands. There would be no way in hell we would have been able to keep track of that with the amount of people that came in.

#111 5 years ago

are there more than 4 games?

#112 5 years ago

If you want a good laugh, search for "Rusty Quarters" on KLOV - threads of gold.

Gameseum starting to sound like Rusty Quarters 2.0

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Legit question: How is the name of the place pronounced?

Game-zem?
    Ga-me-zem?
    Gam-es-em?

"Gay Museum"

#114 5 years ago

With pricing ar $10/hr, I'm guessing it's gonna be a stretch. Even capped at $25.
    Family of four stops in to play a bit.
    Stays for 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's into the third hour, and hits the $25 cap.
    It's $100.
    They won't be back.
    Also, pretty tempting for skeevy people to skip out without paying. And what do you do with people who can't or won't pay?
    I do have to give him credit for the improved demeanor around here. That's a step.

For comparison, Klasic Arcade in this area is $7 all day. Just went up from $5. Great folks and lots of fun games. Go there if you are in the area.

#115 5 years ago

I think the correct ProNounSation is “Game-Ze-Um”.

#116 5 years ago

Unless a lot has changed (through no fault of his own), his newest pin is Comet. So if you are going there and expecting to see a bunch of newer pins, you may want to look elsewhere. Nearest competition is Timeline York, Timeline Hanover, Village Arcade near Honeybrook with all the EM's, Pinball Gallery in Malvern, and the new Decades Lancaster, which is pin-light and video game heavy. All of those places are hourly except for Decades and Village Arcade. The hourly rates are $10-15 for the first hour, $20-25 for the day.

Parking can also be tight in the Whistlestop plaza where he is located, but there is a small parking garage half a block up the alley from there. The Whistlestop plaza area has had a bit of an issue in the past with large groups of kids gathering there and harassing passers by on the linear trail as well as vandalizing the infrastructure in the area. Hopefully that has been corrected in the last couple years since I left Ephrata.

Also, a rub and tug was recently busted two doors down from him... So if you are disappointed in the arcade selection, you may be able to still have a happy ending before leaving town.
    https://lancaster.crimewatchpa.com/ephratapd/10338/arrests/lou-caixia-prostitution

There is also a vape shop, several reuse-it shops, a vintage movie theater and like 16 barber shops within walking distance if you want to make a day of it.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

are there more than 4 games?

75+ games. This is a mixture of arcades and pins.

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I guess that would be ok, but I've worked at a place which uses only all day wristbands. There would be no way in hell we would have been able to keep track of that with the amount of people that came in.

Keeping track of 5 adults and 3 kids, shouldn't be a big issue. I wonder how big the "tip jar" will be?

#119 5 years ago

So a family member loaned him the money to start this, he didn’t have money to take his dog to the vet, and he still uses the words “donations” nonstop for a for-profit business.

He has been moderated on KLOV and Pinside. He criticizes pinside and KLOV non stop and expects rainbows in response.

I did like his pinsiders get stuck in their $100k convertibles with their top down in the rain because we don’t notice peasants up ahead with umbrellas or some crazy shit lol

Ok, just wanted to ensure nothing had changed with him, and it hasn’t.

3 weeks later
    #120 5 years ago

He's now posting on Facebook that the opening will be spring, not April.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

He's now posting on Facebook that the opening will be spring, not April.

There's a Spring next year, right?

#122 5 years ago

Check out the google reviews, a few people have arrived to find an empty building and reported as such. He had the cajones to ask one of those reviewers to alter or remove it, but I guess it was ok for someone else to say it's a great place (that hasn't even opened yet) with a 5 star review.

#123 5 years ago

Eeew.

#124 5 years ago

What? Did you just look at a picture of the sweatpants?

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

a few people have arrived to find an empty building and reported as such.

UH!

#126 5 years ago

Games, see ‘em?

#127 5 years ago

French for Ghost Arcade.

#128 5 years ago

Could this guy get any more long winded?

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Could this guy get any more long winded?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

3 weeks later
    #130 4 years ago

"They" announced that they will announce the opening date soon. Speaking as someone who has been employed since the age of twelve, it must be awfully nice to be financially stable enough to sit and wait eight months for the possibility of income. I can't even imagine.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

"They" announced that they will announce the opening date soon.

Yeah pretty lame. "Tune in at 2 PM for an announcement" they said and there was nothing to announce.

GayMuseum (resized).jpgGayMuseum (resized).jpgdominos (resized).jpgdominos (resized).jpg
    #132 4 years ago

Happy birthday to me!!!!!

Man...does this guy have an ego!

xx (resized).pngxx (resized).png
    #133 4 years ago

So he made a second person post to toast himself. Not surprised, total tool.

#134 4 years ago

Half way through May.

No news..........

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Half way through May.
    No news..........

I suspect there will be an announcement coming soon of an announcement coming soon.

#136 4 years ago

Technically summer doesn't start until June 21st, so he can still claim a "Spring" opening until then. So he's got that going for him.

2 weeks later
    #137 4 years ago

Lol! Man, this peanut gallery party's still going, huh? Some people here like talking about me more than they say *I* like talking about me! Thanks @djreddog for helping dish out the facts while I ignore it all - I appreciate somebody having the cojones to stand up for me here, many have told me they've desperately wanted to, but haven't due to the dramatic environment of this forum as they don't want to get involved. Can't blame 'em. I wouldn't - too toxic!

Very curious how many people here drink the idiotic Pinside kool-aid and say dumb things "behind my back", especially people I've met at shows and were previously friendly and I was nothing but extremely kind to, and probably would be friendly if I crossed their path again, interesting and pretty cringey. Reminds me of sixth grade. Not out of line with the rest of this site, so no surprise there. Part of the reason I keep checking on this thread is for who I should avoid at shows, because it seems everybody is so two-faced they'll come up to you at a show and say hi and act like your best friend, when they shit all over you on Pinside the week before because it was a fun bandwagon and they're uninformed. Oy vey, you guys!

This thread is always good for a laugh and a giggle. I shut it off for weeks, forget Pinside exists, and don't lose sleep over any of it or take any of it as advice whatsoever, and then when I'm bored I come back to check on the last few weeks' useless posts and laugh at them and keep everything from getting too out of line 'round here. I really don't care, and all of the discussion about this from a bunch of people I've never met is so out of touch with what is actually going on it's nothing but laughable, it's always interesting to see what conspiracy theories people will come with next. Sometimes I wake up and remember this place exists, see how distant it is from what is actually going on, and it's like "Haha, how did this happen?". Most of you being from Alaska and having no geographical intention to ever stop here, it's especially unnecessary nor did I ask for your continued input and stalking (in a thread I didn't create, no less). It always intrigues me just how interested you guys are into my venture... despite claiming you hate it so much, and with no obligation to continue to follow/associate with it (I'd rather you not). So negative, so awful, often insulting... very ironic and peculiar position to be criticizing others with advice they don't need.

With how busy I am - not sure how you justify spending not only so much time on something so frivolous as a ill-intent Pinside thread, but also on something you claim to not be interested in. It makes me feel bad for you. I have some older friends who act like you... they claim to hate the Kardashians so much and their very large buttcheeks but then spend their time flooding my Facebook feed with how "ridiculous" they are and "how much they hate them"... then ignore it and stop wasting your breath with something you hate so much and save us all the trouble! Bah! You boomers sure like to complain about millennials... like you feed off of it. Who hurt you? I don't think I could live such a negative life, it would drain me! I am not a fan of Kim K and her plasticine badonkadonk either - however that makes me NOT want to talk about it. Hah!

I would encourage others to not buy into the ridiculousness and hivemind. While I won't sit here and waste my time replying to every (or any) accusation like I did when I was much younger and naive, waste of breath, I will say with how many high-ranking arcade guys and businesses I hang around I'm clearly not as awful as people (who have never met me no less) here like to think I am... just giving one example of course. There are also many among the Pinside userbase itself who have positive experiences with me as well and I have many many friends here, but they simply don't want to get involved, as they too know how violent and obnoxious the hivemind and voting system of this website can be, as I'm sure you all know equally as well yourselves. The situation of me, my business, my attitude, and my life is painted so incorrectly and 100% inaccurately here it's ridiculous to where it's pretty much fictitious works of bad writing - and again, just plain old laughable. In contrast to here on Pinside, with those friends and thousands of positive folks on my side in-real-life for a situation by default extremely different, undramatic, and very calm (opposite of how this forum likes to make it appear), let me assure you, this thread is by far the minority and is largely ignored by anybody with a life or some single shred of class. And with Pinside largely out of importance in my life and business, and this year the world, with Facebook pinball communities taking the lead as the top form of collector mingling, connecting, and with a whole new breed of thousands of non-forum-using collectors mixed with users who are quitting due to the negative mentality here and looking for a positive change, it's not like it matters anyways.

I will say I am absolutely honored that I am interesting enough to keep having people fan this flame. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support. I will pray for you.

#138 4 years ago

So, are you open yet?

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

So, are you open yet?

When are you coming by? I really appreciate you offering to make such a long, 9 hour, 600-mile drive. Maybe you could pick up Spencer in Canada along the way to save him the drive he was also clearly planning?

You guys are more dedicated than I thought, I know you must not get down this way too much - thank you for wanting to come by!

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

This from his website:

"Gameseum is a revolutionary "unlimited play" arcade and museum, using our proprietary system where the time you spend in the building is tracked by our computer system and rounded up to the nearest $10 mark"

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Lol! Man, this peanut gallery party's still going, huh? Some people here like talking about me more than they say *I* like talking about me! Thanks @djreddog for helping dish out the facts while I ignore it all - I appreciate somebody having the cojones to stand up for me here, many have told me they've desperately wanted to, but haven't due to the dramatic environment of this forum as they don't want to get involved. Can't blame 'em. I wouldn't - too toxic!
    Very curious how many people here drink the idiotic Pinside kool-aid and say dumb things "behind my back", especially people I've met at shows and were previously friendly and I was nothing but extremely kind to, and probably would be friendly if I crossed their path again, interesting and pretty cringey. Reminds me of sixth grade. Not out of line with the rest of this site, so no surprise there. Part of the reason I keep checking on this thread is for who I should avoid at shows, because it seems everybody is so two-faced they'll come up to you at a show and say hi and act like your best friend, when they shit all over you on Pinside the week before because it was a fun bandwagon and they're uninformed. Oy vey, you guys!
    This thread is always good for a laugh and a giggle. I shut it off for weeks, forget Pinside exists, and don't lose sleep over any of it or take any of it as advice whatsoever, and then when I'm bored I come back to check on the last few weeks' useless posts and laugh at them and keep everything from getting too out of line 'round here. I really don't care, and all of the discussion about this from a bunch of people I've never met is so out of touch with what is actually going on it's nothing but laughable, it's always interesting to see what conspiracy theories people will come with next. Sometimes I wake up and remember this place exists, see how distant it is from what is actually going on, and it's like "Haha, how did this happen?". Most of you being from Alaska and having no geographical intention to ever stop here, it's especially unnecessary nor did I ask for your continued input and stalking (in a thread I didn't create, no less). It always intrigues me just how interested you guys are into my venture... despite claiming you hate it so much, and with no obligation to continue to follow/associate with it (I'd rather you not). So negative, so awful, often insulting... very ironic and peculiar position to be criticizing others with advice they don't need.
    With how busy I am - not sure how you justify spending not only so much time on something so frivolous as a ill-intent Pinside thread, but also on something you claim to not be interested in. It makes me feel bad for you. I have some older friends who act like you... they claim to hate the Kardashians so much and their very large buttcheeks but then spend their time flooding my Facebook feed with how "ridiculous" they are and "how much they hate them"... then ignore it and stop wasting your breath with something you hate so much and save us all the trouble! Bah! You boomers sure like to complain about millennials... like you feed off of it. Who hurt you? I don't think I could live such a negative life, it would drain me! I am not a fan of Kim K and her plasticine badonkadonk either - however that makes me NOT want to talk about it. Hah!
    I would encourage others to not buy into the ridiculousness and hivemind. While I won't sit here and waste my time replying to every (or any) accusation like I did when I was much younger and naive, waste of breath, I will say with how many high-ranking arcade guys and businesses I hang around I'm clearly not as awful as people (who have never met me no less) here like to think I am... just giving one example of course. There are also many among the Pinside userbase itself who have positive experiences with me as well and I have many many friends here, but they simply don't want to get involved, as they too know how violent and obnoxious the hivemind and voting system of this website can be, as I'm sure you all know equally as well yourselves. The situation of me, my business, my attitude, and my life is painted so incorrectly and 100% inaccurately here it's ridiculous to where it's pretty much fictitious works of bad writing - and again, just plain old laughable. In contrast to here on Pinside, with those friends and thousands of positive folks on my side in-real-life for a situation by default extremely different, undramatic, and very calm (opposite of how this forum likes to make it appear), let me assure you, this thread is by far the minority and is largely ignored by anybody with a life or some single shred of class. And with Pinside largely out of importance in my life and business, and this year the world, with Facebook pinball communities taking the lead as the top form of collector mingling, connecting, and with a whole new breed of thousands of non-forum-using collectors mixed with users who are quitting due to the negative mentality here and looking for a positive change, it's not like it matters anyways.
    I will say I am absolutely honored that I am interesting enough to keep having people fan this flame. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your support. I will pray for you.

FYI - the best way to ignore the people on Pinside is not to post 6 long paragraphs explaining how you’re ignoring them. FWIW, I do hope your business is a success even though I haven’t agreed with how you’ve gone about this.

#142 4 years ago

I don’t think I’ve posted in any of these threads but what bugs me mostly is the holier than thou mentality and clear immaturity and lack of humbleness.

Saying generalizations like “You boomers” and saying you hang “high ranking arcade guys”... seriously?

I think I am just looking for you to SAY and DO and actually deliver a successful, sustainable business model. That’s what I hope.

I won’t be posting again but definitely will be lurking!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I don’t think I’ve posted in any of these threads but what bugs me mostly is the holier than thou mentality and clear immaturity and lack of humbleness.
    Saying generalizations like “You boomers” and saying you hang “high ranking arcade guys”... seriously?
    I think I am just looking for you to SAY and DO and actually deliver a successful, sustainable business model. That’s what I hope.
    I won’t be posting again but definitely will be lurking!

This, plus the lingering memory of go fund me scamminess.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

and this year the world, with Facebook pinball communities taking the lead as the top form of collector mingling, connecting, and with a whole new breed of thousands of non-forum-using collectors mixed with users who are quitting due to the negative mentality here

You actually said something true. Social Media will (already has?)supplant traditional Forums, which are increasingly being seen as for old people.

If what is reported correct, your prices are too high for me to be interested. Make sure you round UP to the nearest 10 dollars though. Don't give anyone a break, chisel every dollar you can. That computer will make sure everyone PAYS for the privilege to enjoy such magnificent games.

#146 4 years ago

You can avoid me if you ever see me in public.

#147 4 years ago

Why come on here and type out a book then say you are too busy for Pinside and its environment? Not a good look when the owner of an arcade comes on a forum just to talk shit, grow up buddy. Don't worry, if I hear anyone asking about the gaymuseum I'll let them know exactly how great you are.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

Why come on here and type out a book then say you are too busy for Pinside and its environment? Not a good look when the owner of an arcade comes on a forum just to talk shit, grow up buddy. Don't worry, if I hear anyone asking about the gaymuseum I'll let them know exactly how great you are.

HONESTLY, makes me kinda wonder if the other people involved (physical help and financial help) know how he acts and treats his potential clients online; Via multiple platforms.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

When are you coming by? I really appreciate you offering to make such a long, 9 hour, 600-mile drive. Maybe you could pick up Spencer in Canada along the way to save him the drive he was also clearly planning?
    You guys are more dedicated than I thought, I know you must not get down this way too much - thank you for wanting to come by!

Once I've finished mopping up the water in my basement, hopefully my go fund me account will have enough funds for me to drive down myself. Not that any sane person would waste 5 minutes attending your junk arcade.

Im bringing you a new pair of pants too!

#150 4 years ago

Steve,
    Posting immature, poorly thought out rants, is not helping your cause one bit.

Eric

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/3?hl=oshara and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.