9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 0 votes
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 0 votes
    • April 2019 0 votes
    • "Summer" 2019 5 votes
      22%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 18 votes
      78%

(23 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    M206_B206_BLK (resized).jpg
    97DB1087-C501-42C3-B6E6-A218C09C4E18 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    1043BABF-167D-4808-B882-5540DFB3F2E4 (resized).jpeg

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 37 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Is gameseum a charity?

It is obviously a for-profit business and not a 501(c)(3). You wouldn't be able to write off any game donations. I suppose there are still people out there that just want someone to haul away an old game that is taking up space. I don't really understand how it is being framed though with the whole hybrid "arcade/museum" angle.

#102 37 days ago

Just noticed the poll added to this thread...can a second poll be added as to how long they'll be open if they even have an opening?

$1 per play? That's nuts...

#103 37 days ago

I figure there will eventually be a GoFundMe to cover the rent each month.

#104 37 days ago

As long as there's a photo of him standing around in those sweatpants I'll def donate to the gofundme. Nothing says "here's a go getter who has his act together" than a kid in dirty sweats begging for money.

#105 37 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I feel sorry for those innocent people being sucked in and donating machines, when instead it could go to a good cause. I know its theirs to do with as they wish but I have a bad feeling about this venture. 1 dollar a game? Are you kidding?
    Don't believe in luck so can't wish that.

It’s not a $1 a game. That was a one off for the pre-grand opening celebration. His establishment is a pay one price and play for free. I believe you can pay by the hour or $25 for an all day pass.

#106 37 days ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It’s not a $1 a game. That was a one off for the pre-grand opening celebration. His establishment is a pay one price and play for free. I believe you can pay by the hour or $25 for an all day pass.

I am curious how they plan on enforcing the hourly rate. At busy times I would think it would be very difficult to determine who has been in there for how long...

#107 37 days ago

It's as simple as a wristband with the time you came in written on it.

#108 37 days ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I am curious how they plan on enforcing the hourly rate. At busy times I would think it would be very difficult to determine who has been in there for how long...

There are a few around the area that use the wristband with written time method. One uses a computer and a swipe card that works on some games, and then you pay when you leave. I am sure it can be exploited, but this isn't exactly a get rich business.

#109 37 days ago

Legit question: How is the name of the place pronounced?

Game-zem?
    Ga-me-zem?
    Gam-es-em?

Does he need to make a commercial like Rakuten to teach people how to say the name of his business?

First rule of marketing: make it easy for people to ask for your product by name

#110 37 days ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I guess that would be ok, but I've worked at a place which uses only all day wristbands. There would be no way in hell we would have been able to keep track of that with the amount of people that came in.

#111 37 days ago

are there more than 4 games?

#112 37 days ago

If you want a good laugh, search for "Rusty Quarters" on KLOV - threads of gold.

Gameseum starting to sound like Rusty Quarters 2.0

#113 37 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Legit question: How is the name of the place pronounced?

Game-zem?
    Ga-me-zem?
    Gam-es-em?

"Gay Museum"

#114 37 days ago

With pricing ar $10/hr, I'm guessing it's gonna be a stretch. Even capped at $25.
    Family of four stops in to play a bit.
    Stays for 2 hours and 10 minutes. That's into the third hour, and hits the $25 cap.
    It's $100.
    They won't be back.
    Also, pretty tempting for skeevy people to skip out without paying. And what do you do with people who can't or won't pay?
    I do have to give him credit for the improved demeanor around here. That's a step.

For comparison, Klasic Arcade in this area is $7 all day. Just went up from $5. Great folks and lots of fun games. Go there if you are in the area.

#115 37 days ago

I think the correct ProNounSation is “Game-Ze-Um”.

#116 37 days ago

Unless a lot has changed (through no fault of his own), his newest pin is Comet. So if you are going there and expecting to see a bunch of newer pins, you may want to look elsewhere. Nearest competition is Timeline York, Timeline Hanover, Village Arcade near Honeybrook with all the EM's, Pinball Gallery in Malvern, and the new Decades Lancaster, which is pin-light and video game heavy. All of those places are hourly except for Decades and Village Arcade. The hourly rates are $10-15 for the first hour, $20-25 for the day.

Parking can also be tight in the Whistlestop plaza where he is located, but there is a small parking garage half a block up the alley from there. The Whistlestop plaza area has had a bit of an issue in the past with large groups of kids gathering there and harassing passers by on the linear trail as well as vandalizing the infrastructure in the area. Hopefully that has been corrected in the last couple years since I left Ephrata.

Also, a rub and tug was recently busted two doors down from him... So if you are disappointed in the arcade selection, you may be able to still have a happy ending before leaving town.
    https://lancaster.crimewatchpa.com/ephratapd/10338/arrests/lou-caixia-prostitution

There is also a vape shop, several reuse-it shops, a vintage movie theater and like 16 barber shops within walking distance if you want to make a day of it.

#117 37 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

are there more than 4 games?

75+ games. This is a mixture of arcades and pins.

#118 37 days ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I guess that would be ok, but I've worked at a place which uses only all day wristbands. There would be no way in hell we would have been able to keep track of that with the amount of people that came in.

Keeping track of 5 adults and 3 kids, shouldn't be a big issue. I wonder how big the "tip jar" will be?

#119 36 days ago

So a family member loaned him the money to start this, he didn’t have money to take his dog to the vet, and he still uses the words “donations” nonstop for a for-profit business.

He has been moderated on KLOV and Pinside. He criticizes pinside and KLOV non stop and expects rainbows in response.

I did like his pinsiders get stuck in their $100k convertibles with their top down in the rain because we don’t notice peasants up ahead with umbrellas or some crazy shit lol

Ok, just wanted to ensure nothing had changed with him, and it hasn’t.

3 weeks later
    #120 11 days ago

He's now posting on Facebook that the opening will be spring, not April.

#121 11 days ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

He's now posting on Facebook that the opening will be spring, not April.

There's a Spring next year, right?

#122 11 days ago

Check out the google reviews, a few people have arrived to find an empty building and reported as such. He had the cajones to ask one of those reviewers to alter or remove it, but I guess it was ok for someone else to say it's a great place (that hasn't even opened yet) with a 5 star review.

#123 11 days ago

Eeew.

#124 11 days ago

What? Did you just look at a picture of the sweatpants?

#125 11 days ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

a few people have arrived to find an empty building and reported as such.

UH!

#126 11 days ago

Games, see ‘em?

#127 11 days ago

French for Ghost Arcade.

#128 10 days ago

Could this guy get any more long winded?

#129 10 days ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Could this guy get any more long winded?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.50
    $ 10.00
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside