Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 79.
    #1751 3 years ago

I wonder what Bryan has to say about all of this...and how much he has donated.

#1752 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

stupidest post on the stupidest thread!

Seems pretty accurate to me.

#1753 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I think we need a poll

This thread isn't even locked so is it the stupidest? Or does it take the stupidest title because of it not being locked?

#1754 3 years ago

If I was in this situation I would move in the Business to save overhead on rent. Tough times call for tough measures.

#1755 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

If I was in this situation I would move in the Business to save overhead on rent. Tough times call for tough measures.

I'm sure he lives in his grandma's basement rent free.

#1756 3 years ago

All I know is I just don’t like Skylab!

Steve PM me - what would it take to get you to set fire to one of those spacelabs. It can be the shitty one that was outside, and you can keep any internal parts before we roast it. The backglass stays don’t try to stick a Skylab in there I’m wise to you.

This could be a big moneymaker, I bet we’d get numerous contributions here. And I do think the Gamesum is worth saving!!!

#1757 3 years ago

Got a late moderation notice yesterday, my first! Pinside accomplishment?
    It made me think (already said in here somewhere I'm sure) but see the google definition below, and w/o naming anyone , whom does this definition remind you of?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1758 3 years ago

I'm late to the party. But this thread is awesome. Has there been a Hitler reacts made on this subject yet?

#1759 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Steven reminds me a lot of a guy who currently resides in a big white house up in the NE region of the U.S.

You must mean the big guy in NY.
    Putting his economy in the tank due to his waste, fraud and corruption, then begging for others to bail him out.

#1761 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know is I just don’t like Skylab!
    Steve PM me - what would it take to get you to set fire to one of those spacelabs. It can be the shitty one that was outside, and you can keep any internal parts before we roast it. The backglass stays don’t try to stick a Skylab in there I’m wise to you.
    This could be a big moneymaker, I bet we’d get numerous contributions here. And I do think the Gamesum is worth saving!!!

Skylab/SpaceLab (both the rare one built as an AAB from the ground up and the CONversion version) are crappier versions of Darling/Jubilee without the kickers that move the captive balls every time.

#1762 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

You must mean the big guy in NY.

Funny though however, one can get down-voted for providing a definition of a common term thrown around a topic and then simply asking for whom it reminds them of, considering whom this very topic is about.

#1763 3 years ago

Looks like his GoFundMe has kinda stalled. If asking for free money is still the road he wants to continue to travel down. Maybe he should consider a fat Sharpie and a piece of cardboard.

#1764 3 years ago

He may have deactivated his account for the last time, better for him to have stayed and just not responded if he didn't care for the comments. I'm not 100% sure but I think you can only deactivate voluntarily 3 times before it is permanent. I'm pretty sure this is at least the 2nd time he's done that so we may never hear from him again.

#1765 3 years ago

I think I
    Located him!

B2ED4FCE-8E24-49A8-8E6D-1CCC11B634D8 (resized).jpegB2ED4FCE-8E24-49A8-8E6D-1CCC11B634D8 (resized).jpeg
    #1766 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I think I
    Located him!
    [quoted image]

This requires actually showing up and doing something. Obviously this is too much like a job for him. He can start a go fund me at home at his leisure.

#1767 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

runner up

#1768 3 years ago

I think I
    Located him!
    [quoted image]

Cant be him, those aren't sweat pants.

#1769 3 years ago

My point is he will probably need a fat Sharpie and a piece of cardboard if he doesn’t figure out a way to become self sufficient.

#1770 3 years ago

If one could pan handle for a pan handling sign... the most grand canundrum of our time!

#1771 3 years ago

I think I
    Located him!
    [quoted image]

Nope - no sweatpants

Dang- beat me to it

#1772 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Looks like his GoFundMe has kinda stalled.

And the goal now went down from $15k to $5k?

50CA34EB-2585-48D8-B2C0-FF1B5DED6864 (resized).jpeg50CA34EB-2585-48D8-B2C0-FF1B5DED6864 (resized).jpeg
    #1773 3 years ago

I can’t believe people donated over $1,000 to him. I looked at the list of names and I think one was his mom which seems odd but hey what do I know?

#1774 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

No relief from feds, state, or landlord, but thankfully we have the sheer numbers/savings alone from the very prosperous year we had, to make it through the hard way. We also don't have payroll as we have no employees - just the owners, so that helped. It's still terrifying for everybody, but I'm not panicking yet. We make several thousand every weekend, so as soon as the first early signs of COVID appeared I started buttoning down the financial hatches expecting the worst (when most were still skeptical), and it ended up being a very beneficial gamble having the previous month's five digits being around to dedicate fully to lockdown time. We're better off than most and I feel very blessed for that. I've been buying games nonstop but pulled the plug on that as soon as I heard about China... real early... I think it was maybe 2-3 weeks before it hit here and it was barely in the news, let alone in a worldwide pandemic. Just a gut feeling, and it paid off more than I could ever imagine.
    Unfortunately I just did a giant bulk buy the week before that or I would've been (overkill) good for a whole year with no money coming in if needed, I'm a big saver, but you never expect the world to collapse like it never has before. Crazy times we live in and how quickly things progressed. You always try to financially prepare for the worst, but nobody expects something second only to the apocalypse. I'm afraid a lot of places will go under... but we will be fine.
    Todd really did say it best. A good friend of mine I visit weekly and a fellow business owner... we both miss our weekly Applebees trips dearly!
    Here is a timestamped link:
    https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-474-todd-tuckey#t=22:39
    We sure aren't in the position to be doing favors for anybody and are on the ramen diet like everybody else, but we won't go under whatsoever. Just going nuts on restoring games with all the free time... will be a nice silver lining to it all, and a crazy return unveiling

Just a refresher.

#1775 3 years ago

We are financially in great shape but aren’t able to do anyone favors. If you’re financially stable and able to help us. Please donate to our 5th GoFundMe. We don’t need the help but may need it in the future.

#1776 3 years ago

WTF. Why not just sell the stuff from the bulk buy, and be self sustaining for a year. What a freeloading mooch.

#1777 3 years ago

Any chance that can be cut and pasted into the GFM page somewhere?

#1778 3 years ago

Holy crap, he was asking for $15,000

#1779 3 years ago
    Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

Holy crap, he was asking for $15,000

Well YEAH....I mean that's probably only the equivalent of the net profits from like 2 weekends anyway, right?

#1780 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

WTF. Why not just sell the stuff from the bulk buy, and be self sustaining for a year. What a freeloading mooch.

Or get a PPP loan like tens of thousands of other businesses

#1781 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Or get a PPP loan like tens of thousands of other businesses

He has zero employees so I don't think that would work.

#1782 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He has zero employees so I don't think that would work.

It does appear he doesn't mind bending the truth so he could have found a few

#1783 3 years ago

From what he has stated in the past, I was under the impression that he had a huge staff.

#1784 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

From what he has stated in the past, I was under the impression that he had a huge staff.

I know right ... so many statements that begin with "WE at gameseum" do this that & the other soooo much better than everyone else out there ... takes a steady hand soldering microscopic pads & other such malarkey , read the happy birthday to steven post written in a fashion of someone else writing about Him from the style & content I think he wrote it himself about himself /// his creative writing teacher must be so proud

#1785 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

That's what SHE said

#1786 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

That's what SHE said

I was expecting a different punch line but that one works.

#1787 3 years ago

15,000 ? Gotta pursue that 3rd Skylab. Scary thought but with hairdressers being closed what the heck would he look like now? The before pictures were bordering on Undercover Brother meets Sideshow Bob.

#1789 3 years ago

I enjoyed his classic "old farts cant fix EM's" song and dance on one of the Facebook repair groups today

#1790 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

his creative writing teacher must be so proud

That is his mom...he is the product of home schooling.

#1791 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Got a late moderation notice yesterday, my first! Pinside accomplishment?
    It made me think (already said in here somewhere I'm sure) but see the google definition below, and w/o naming anyone , whom does this definition remind you of?[quoted image]

Oh Shit , it reminds me of myself ...

#1792 3 years ago

I think I
    Located him!
    [quoted image]

Nope , no sweatpants ...

#1793 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I enjoyed his classic "old farts cant fix EM's" song and dance on one of the Facebook repair groups today

I quit Facebook a year ago, but definitely being an old fart and having repaired EM games since 1977, that makes me laugh Although I have to admit never working on the super rare Spacelab. With the super boring Jubilee, sure!

#1794 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I gotta say, Steven VanSweatpants posts, weather here on Pinside or on Facebook are incredibly entertaining!

#1795 3 years ago

Wonder what the GoFundMe #6 reason is gonna be. You know it’s coming.

#1796 3 years ago

Since there were multiple comments made previously by him about how they were giving back to the community by giving out free passes (As If that costs a dime out of pocket unless building is at max capacity), maybe the next fundraiser can be paid to them by giving them passes to places?

#1797 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Since there were multiple comments made previously about how thwy were giving back to the community by giving out free passes (S If that costs a dime out of pocket unless building is at max capacity), maybe the next fundraiser can be paid to them by giving passes?

B7345CF2-544A-4A45-A624-BEA56527AEAC (resized).jpegB7345CF2-544A-4A45-A624-BEA56527AEAC (resized).jpeg
    #1798 3 years ago

Steven , please come back . This thread is not as fun without you .

#1799 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffmd72:

are incredibly entertaining!

Well that’s certainly one way to put it.

#1800 3 years ago
    Quoted from midniight:

Steven , please come back . This thread is not as fun without you .

If he makes it through this, I guarantee that he will be back to gloat and brag about it.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/36?hl=midniight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.