Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 79.
    #1702 3 years ago

It is the most sought after pinball machine in the history of pinball machines. The entire world is looking for it. How “Peter Pan” was able to acquire 2 of the 3 left dumbfounds me and everyone else who has ever sought out this title. He continues to outsmart us every day.

#1703 3 years ago

Guess the fundraiser the local business did for him wasn't enough to supplement the tons of money he made and saved to prepare for the pandemic.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/ephrata-gameseum

#1704 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Guess the fundraiser the local business did for him wasn't enough to supplement the tons of money he made and saved to prepare for the pandemic.

shocked (resized).pngshocked (resized).png
    #1705 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

If you make a tiny donation you can leave whatever comments you want.... just saying

#1706 3 years ago

Months later... due to most of my arcade-operating friends now starting their campaigns and receiving understanding and wonderful support from their communities (bless you all so much), on top of Lancaster County's dead-last "phase" situation looking bleak compared to much of the rest of the state, combined with, our manner of business not being allowed/able to open until "green phase", many kind customers openly looking/asking for somewhere to donate ti Gameseum and asking us to set up a GoFundMe, and thanks to several kind friends encouraging me that it would be okay (I like to give not take... tried really hard to not do this), I have decided to finally pull the trigger and launch a GoFundMe campaign, standing alongside of a large majority of other small-business arcades who have already done so, due to the rocky future our business type may have in store.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

It's nice to know he tried really hard not to do this fifth fundraiser. Remember all the times he gave, not took?

#1707 3 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
    It's nice to know he tried really hard not to do this fifth fundraiser. Remember all the times he gave, not took?

Yeah, don't sell any games, don't get a job to feed your family, start a go fund me and mooch off of more people.
    When he 1st opened his arcade I was happy to see him do well, but now?

#1708 3 years ago

"Over time, I've become one to hate asking for help, and trying to give as much as possible to my community while taking as little as possible"

Lol, imagine being so full of yourself that you can make statements like this.

#1709 3 years ago

The convenient way to panhandle. Doesn’t even need to leave his home.

8EA8D170-891D-439E-B61E-B3FB3DA3DA3B (resized).jpeg8EA8D170-891D-439E-B61E-B3FB3DA3DA3B (resized).jpeg

#1710 3 years ago

Ugh, gross.

#1711 3 years ago

The phrase “ a tiger never changes it’s stripes” seems to fit here.

#1712 3 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

I reported the fund as he has not used funds correctly previously and I don’t trust he will now.

#1713 3 years ago

Not surprised at all.

I know times are tough, but I find it real hard to feel sorry for this guy.

Couldn't he auction off that super rare skylab, spacelab thing he has? That should set him up for a while.

E

#1714 3 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Not surprised at all.
    I know times are tough, but I find it real hard to feel sorry for this guy.
    Couldn't he auction off that super rare skylab, spacelab thing he has? That should set him up for a while.
    E

You’re joking, right? His examples are worth about 3 quarters, 2 dimes and a nickel.

#1715 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Not Otaku but local and a supporter. Look my post is only a sentence long! See, it's proof. In the pudding.

Quoted from XeXPinball:

I'm not Otaku. I type too little, and I'm 32, not 16.

I wonder if this "local supporter" will be donating?

#1716 3 years ago

Well......most of his games are super rare, A+++++++, Highly sought after examples.

He's sitting on a goldmine!

#1717 3 years ago

Maybe he will sell me his super-rare Philadelphia Toboggan Skee-Ball machine.

Please keep track of score manually at this time.....

#1718 3 years ago

I wonder if he even paused for a moment before he wrote this out.

70DFF6E8-7E86-413C-9FC4-56FD8E24CE5B (resized).jpeg70DFF6E8-7E86-413C-9FC4-56FD8E24CE5B (resized).jpeg

#1719 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I wonder if he even paused for a moment before he wrote this out.
    [quoted image]

Was just tapping the image, trying to read it and somehow I managed to mark it as NSFW. Can't figure out how to undo it.

#1720 3 years ago

I think it's funny how Steven fancies himself such a super genius, but everything he writes is like an excerpt from War & Peace but doesn't really say anything. He must have taken the drfrightner writing correspondence course....

#1721 3 years ago

I wonder what his plan B is if this pandemic drives him out of business. I seriously doubt that he’s done as well as he claims.

#1722 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I wonder what his plan B is if this pandemic drives him out of business. I seriously doubt that he’s done as well as he claims.

Maybe if SpaceX or NASA needs a few qualified induhviduals....

#1723 3 years ago

Maybe he could sell the rights to “Gameseum”. Such a catchy name. Wished I had thought of it first.

#1724 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Well, he’s already said this isn't an emergency, it’s for down the road:

“this is a relief fund for the scary and uncertain months ahead, and NOT a last-minute emergency fund for, per se, last's month rent. Defcon level 4.5 instead of Defcon level 5... we still plan to re-open no matter what as long as it isn't too much longer! Plan for it! This is for longterm help and stability... see below.”

So with more than 40 million unemployment claims filed since COVID started (approx. 1 out of 4 working Americans), I guess he feels it’s appropriate to have others pay for his business for the next 6 months, with him reciprocating nothing in return.

What a hero, humanitarian and philanthropist...caring about his own long term stability.

The funny thing is I don’t care that he might need help...many do. Or that he’s even asking.

But he has the balls to come here and call everyone fools because of his “success” and all the money he’s banked, then weeks later...asking for handouts.

I don’t think his foot can even fit in his mouth anymore.

#1725 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Well, he’s already said this isn't an emergency, it’s for down the road:
    “this is a relief fund for the scary and uncertain months ahead, and NOT a last-minute emergency fund for, per se, last's month rent. Defcon level 4.5 instead of Defcon level 5... we still plan to re-open no matter what as long as it isn't too much longer! Plan for it! This is for longterm help and stability... see below.”
    So with more than 40 million unemployment claims filed since COVID started (approx. 1 out of 4 working Americans), I guess he feels it’s appropriate to have others pay for his business for the next 6 months, with him reciprocating nothing in return.
    What a hero, humanitarian and philanthropist...caring about his own long term stability.
    The funny thing is I don’t care that he might need help...many do. Or that he’s even asking.
    But he has the balls to come here and call everyone fools because of his “success” and all the money he’s banked, then weeks later...asking for handouts.
    I don’t think his foot can even fit in his mouth anymore.

I wish I could upvote this post twice.

#1726 3 years ago

My guess is he’s in completely dire straits. And his need to deny it points out exactly what is happening. He won’t be the only business pushed over the edge by this crisis.

It is amazing how his first instinct is to mooch off of others. He should really go out and find a job and run this as a side business. Wouldn’t be the only one to do this. This should be his first inclination rather than feeeloading

#1727 3 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

My guess is he’s in completely dire straits. And his need to deny it points out exactly what is happening. He won’t be the only business pushed over the edge by this crisis.
    It is amazing how his first instinct is to mooch off of others. He should really go out and find a job and run this as a side business. Wouldn’t be the only one to do this. This should be his first inclination rather than feeeloading

I think I remember him saying he couldn't get a real job because he has issues with his digestive tract.

He needs to sell his inventory, rent out machines, and otherwise flip anything he can find.

#1728 3 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

I think I remember him saying he couldn't get a real job because he has issues with his digestive tract.

I have serious GI issues, have for years. And his don’t seem to prevent him from running an arcade full-time, lugging heavy machines around, fixing them, attending shows, etc.

Everything he says is a damn joke, and non-sensical.

Quoted from La4s:

He needs to sell his inventory, rent out machines, and otherwise flip anything he can find.

What do you mean? That would make sense.

#1729 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I have serious GI issues, have for years.

Colson, you should check the j116 connector for burn.

#1730 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I have serious GI issues, have for years. And his don’t seem to prevent him from running an arcade full-time, lugging heavy machines around, fixing them, attending shows, etc.

I agree with you 100%. Just another excuse, so he doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions.

Besides, I'm sure it didn't stop him from eating those cupcakes from reddogg.

#1731 3 years ago

Between the coffee shop donations and his latest GoFundMe, I’d have to say he’s doing great! The place makes more money when it’s closed.

#1732 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Between the coffee shop donations and his latest GoFundMe, I’d have to say he’s doing great! The place makes more money when it’s closed.

Less overhead too. Lower electric bill and doesn't have to pay his 1 employee.

#1733 3 years ago

As the owner of a pinball lounge that's been closed since mid-March, the idea of a GFM is tempting, but it just doesn't feel right.

I've sold a couple pins to help cover rent. Luckily, no employees to pay, just me.

It seems like selling a few games or pins would be all he needs to do, but who really knows.

#1734 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Colson, you should check the j116 connector for burn.

Now that was f@&$in funny.

#1735 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

As the owner of a pinball lounge that's been closed since mid-March, the idea of a GFM is tempting, but it just doesn't feel right.
    I've sold a couple pins to help cover rent. Luckily, no employees to pay, just me.

It sucks, but you do what you have to do. If you start a GFM, let me know. I’ve donated to Lloyd and one other already, and I have absolutely no problem doing so.

For Steven, it’s his mere denial and the fact that he does nothing but bash fellow hobbyists, including me personally. That gets on my nerves. Well, that and any person that talks completely out of their ass, yet has no idea what they are talking about.

And we only point out exactly what he does. But somehow we’re the villains.

#1736 3 years ago

Steven reminds me a lot of a guy who currently resides in a big white house up in the NE region of the U.S.

Every time I read something new he (Steven) posted or commented to, I just think of whom his role model seems to be.

#1737 3 years ago

Why doesn't he just sell hardcover book copies of his em guide to rubes like us?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/otakus-ultimate-electro-mechanical-guide-em-theory-of-operation

#1738 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

If you make a tiny donation you can leave whatever comments you want.... just saying

Can you add a comment with a link here?

Just wondering if people should be well informed of where their money may go. Or why it's needed before inventory sales...

#1739 3 years ago

The rarest and most sought after pinball machine in the world has been found on eBay. Holy cow!
    Shit, wrong game. Close enough.
    A2835142-C49B-47A5-A358-46E8B4057CD1 (resized).jpegA2835142-C49B-47A5-A358-46E8B4057CD1 (resized).jpeg

#1740 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The rarest and most sought after pinball machine in the world has been found on eBay. Holly cow!
    [quoted image]

I'm assuming it has a make offer option in case you want to offer more than the buy it now?

#1741 3 years ago

$1150 in his GoFundMe account.
    He could almost buy that Skylab on EBay.

#1742 3 years ago

$1150?

#1743 3 years ago

So what is the difference between Skylab and Spacelab?
    Are they the same game with variants on the backglass?

#1744 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Obviously you haven't read all of the Otaku chronicles.

#1745 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Zero difference except for a couple of letters on the backglass.

That’s why nobody cares. It’s a bad, ugly, undesirable game no matter how you slice it. Probably the single most Common “Allentown flea market parts game” in history.

#1746 3 years ago

What Stonehenge did for rocks, Oataku has done for mooching. Steven is so full
    Of shit he wipes his nose with Charmin.

#1747 3 years ago

the young entrepreneur who creates & supports his enterprise from gofundme dollar$

#1748 3 years ago

Not that he would ever do something like that.

#1749 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Can you add a comment with a link here?
    Just wondering if people should be well informed of where their money may go. Or why it's needed before inventory sales...

He will never sell any of his games if people keep donating money. He is a pathetic liar who knows exactly what he's doing while all along trying to pretend he doesn't need money.

But hey, people keep giving him money and he keeps gladly accepting it. I'd imagine word is getting out and the free money train will end soon enough. Then we get to see the place shut down because he will still refuse to sell anything, instead putting them back into his grandma's basement. Then the cycle will start all over again.

#1750 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Steven reminds me a lot of a guy who currently resides in a big white house up in the NE region of the U.S.
    Every time I read something new he (Steven) posted or commented to, I just think of whom his role model seems to be.

stupidest post on the stupidest thread!

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/35?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.