Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 79.
    #1551 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

What the hell did I just walk into?

Just turn around, leave and never speak of this thread again. You'll be alot better off for it Jay. I'm too far into the wormhole now that I'll never be able to leave.

Save yourself!

#1552 3 years ago

66d6275dfd976b510ccb327bf0a9661d (resized).jpg66d6275dfd976b510ccb327bf0a9661d (resized).jpg
    #1553 3 years ago

Somebody please read above for me and post a cliffs notes version.....

All I read was no no, I mean it this time.....again and had to stop.

#1554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

No but seriously, I'll see y'all around. I'm pretty sure this is my third deactivation or whatever and thus the permanent one, but I'm pulling the plug, since I'm in a great place in life, found my success, and I think we've all had enough BSing to go around by now. I barely have time to get on the site anymore, being so busy. It's been a hell of a ride, but I basically left the site 2 years ago and just come back to tend to this thread, and I really have better things to be doing right now. (Well maybe not right now, because COVID isolation, hence the uptick lol)
    All I ask is when you continue to talk about me behind my back, consider asking yourself if it's really worth it. Because good grief! At least Levi has a sense of humor about digging at me, and is probably enjoying himself. Most of you are legitimately angry, while I'm over here eating chicken nuggets and enjoying the show of lies and rumors, and literally not giving a damn - like always. Life's too short to be so legitimately angry and negatively involved. This is so off the rails at this point and a work of fiction, it's hard to not sit back and enjoy it like a movie. Years worth of debauchery and rumor spreading, I can't even identify at all with it anymore. (Most of you besides Levi, Boob, and occasionally that GrizzlyGuy guy or whatever his name is are crappy at playing along, though. Digging a little too deep. No Golden Globes 'round here.) The mods are clearly enjoying it too, they're the ones keeping the show going, but the drama's always been what keeps the people here rather than the pinball, and the people here keep the site paid, so I guess it makes sense. It's no KLOV in terms of being "about the games", it's the TLC or MTV of forums.
    Consider that maybe I'm not the devil in disguise, rather the opposite, that I'm a decent guy that put up a rough outer shell to deal with constant Pinside shit-shooting, all while enjoying the ride and dishing it back all in good fun. The negativity was the farce, not the other way around. Didn't really expect so many people to take the bait/take it serious, but alas. This doesn't keep me up at night, and I don't read the thread expect maybe every few months if I'm bored and skip a lot of pages (if you're wondering if I'll read your replies 3 months from now, no)... this is a big nothing burger. I'll be stopping reading it permanently now, because honestly I've been forgetting about it for several months at a time very easily and usually only come back when boredom hits... not genuinely giving a damn, so it'll be extremely easy to nip in the bud and just move on. It's a very silent and easy thing to ignore and forget about, and I've found the pinball community includes Pinside, not the other way around like some seem to think, especially with Facebook taking over most of the pinball/arcade community and forums slowly becoming a thing of the past. I'm very well received over there... I am LOVED! Same kind of wordy posts, but somehow people over there see the passion instead of getting all self-conscious, jealous, and agitated. I guess it's like driving a Beetle vs. driving a lifted truck, a lot less compensation involved in one community. Most of my teenager years I was a spewing oil mile of pinball fascination and appreciation, but 90% of people here mistook it as bragging rather than just being excited to share pinball with you all... which shows the mood of the site. People on Facebook take it for the pinball factor and enjoy the information, people here get upset about things and try to compete, it's goofy.
    It's very easy to still be involved in the pinball community without Pinside, and pinball spreading much further outside of its own community as well to tens of thousands of laymen a year, so I'll still be having fun and spreading the love of pinball more than practically anybody, for years to come. You will see me around of course in many ways, just not here!
    It's obvious that some of you are just screwing around like me, and biding the time with some good old fashioned Pinside shit-shooting... but some of you really need some serious help, you're caring a little too much and garnishing a lot of hate, and it just makes me feel bad for you and whatever is going on in your home/life. I hope you find the healing and self-respect you need. Kaneda played a lot of you like a fiddle, and I guess I did too, and not even on purpose. (I'm not even a troll, just a normal guy!)
    Thanks for all the times, and toodles.
    (Oh, and Levi, I DID buy them and a few other pairs that day!!!!! I'll have to wear them to our date, but remember, I'm already hitched - so don't get too attached! )
    [quoted image]

God fucking damn this guy has no self awareness

#1555 3 years ago

#1556 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Goodbye Pinside.

Quoted from Otaku:

Last account deactivation before permanent lockout, so it's legit.

Quoted from Otaku:

I barely have time to get on the site anymore, being so busy.

...followed by 6 more paragraphs of ramblings. and even more!!

Again, never let the facts get in the way of your argument. Good Luck Steven, seriously wish you the best.

#1557 3 years ago

LMFAO....REALLY guys! I mean it! I'm gonna run away because I know I'm right....

And I've NEVER had problems on klov....honest. <same people shaking their head>

And Facebook is great, full of different people that are better than you <same people shaking their head....and watching him delete any posts he doesn't like>

I mean it this time guys....... <retells fairytale version of basement story as if it isn't documented in original thread over and over>

Hope EVERYONE hurt by covid one way or another pulls thru strong. I sincerely do!

The rest of the show is someone's own doing...

#1558 3 years ago

Holy Hell....
    Pretty confident that wasn't your last post. And your account is still active.

#1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy Hell....
    Pretty confident that wasn't your last post. And your account is still active.

Yeah....but last post was like 6 years ago or something

#1562 3 years ago

Hope everyone had a nice Monday.

#1563 3 years ago

What's the over/under on number of days before @OtakuSockPuppet34 shows up?

#1564 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Boob, I have a check headed your way after I get back on my feet.

Chances of this ever happening?

#1565 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Chances of this ever happening?

I can see why many of you go after Otaku...really, I can. I felt burned by the fact that I lent him my Escalera (a nearly brand new one) and got it back with a dead battery and bent T-lifter piece--then found out in a Pinside post he had dropped it down the stairs at least once (and when he was saying this, he was actually dissing Escaleras in the thread about them...never once mentioning it wasn't HIS Escalera he dropped down the stairs, and never telling me it happened when he returned it).

Yes, when I lent my $2000 piece of equipment to a young kid, my wife gave me an earful and said I was fucking crazy and he could just steal it. I did it anyway because he had a flooded basement, needed help, and I would have wanted somebody to do it for me if I was in that crisis. That's the way I run my life...you may think I'm a dick on this forum, but in real life I'm the guy a lot of people turn to if they need help. I would hope someone would do it for me one day (although it never seems to work out that way).

That being said, when I finally responded to his post that damage had been done to my Escalera, he immediately contacted me to offer me money to buy the new replacement parts. I never took him up on the offer because...well...lesson learned on my part, I guess. He pushed the idea, but I stopped responding.

The fact that he still brings it up leads me to believe that it's still on his mind. And he may well send me a check. I don't know and I don't really care. My friend once said to me that when you lend somebody money, you should probably expect never to see it again. So I lost some money on the deal, and maybe I'll see it and maybe I won't.

It was the right thing to do at the time and I got burned. But at the end of the day, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was younger, too, and as far as I can tell, Steven is a guy with a big heart...but yes...also a lack of self-awareness and the selfishness that is prevalent in your teens and twenties. I think all of us were that way to some extent, and it gets edited out (in most cases) through age and experience.

For that reason, I can't really judge the guy. I just wish the best for him and if he wants to make things right, great. If not, not.

...and only now I realize I just left an Otaku-sized post as a farewell homage.

EDIT: I just realized that I probably consider us even because he gave me an epic green-frosted cupcake at Allentown a couple years ago. I couldn't possibly be THAT fat, can I?

#1566 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can see why many of you go after Otaku...really, I can. I felt burned by the fact that I lent him my Escalera (a nearly brand new one) and got it back with a dead battery and bent T-lifter piece--then found out in a Pinside post he had dropped it down the stairs at least once (and when he was saying this, he was actually dissing Escaleras in the thread about them...never once mentioning it wasn't HIS Escalera he dropped down the stairs, and never telling me it happened when he returned it).
    Yes, when I lent my $2000 piece of equipment to a young kid, my wife gave me an earful and said I was fucking crazy and he could just steal it. I did it anyway because he had a flooded basement, needed help, and I would have wanted somebody to do it for me if I was in that crisis. That's the way I run my life...you may think I'm a dick on this forum, but in real life I'm the guy a lot of people turn to if they need help. I would hope someone would do it for me one day (although it never seems to work out that way).
    That being said, when I finally responded to his post that damage had been done to my Escalera, he immediately contacted me to offer me money to buy the new replacement parts. I never took him up on the offer because...well...lesson learned on my part, I guess. He pushed the idea, but I stopped responding.
    The fact that he still brings it up leads me to believe that it's still on his mind. And he may well send me a check. I don't know and I don't really care. My friend once said to me that when you lend somebody money, you should probably expect never to see it again. So I lost some money on the deal, and maybe I'll see it and maybe I won't.
    It was the right thing to do at the time and I got burned. But at the end of the day, I did a lot of stupid shit when I was younger, too, and as far as I can tell, Steven is a guy with a big heart...but yes...also a lack of self-awareness and the selfishness that is prevalent in your teens and twenties. I think all of us were that way to some extent, and it gets edited out (in most cases) through age and experience.
    For that reason, I can't really judge the guy. I just wish the best for him and if he wants to make things right, great. If not, not.
    ...and only now I realize I just left an Otaku-sized post as a farewell homage.
    EDIT: I just realized that I probably consider us even because he gave me an epic green-frosted cupcake at Allentown a couple years ago. I couldn't possibly be THAT fat, can I?

Those cupcakes came from me.

8814948F-F341-49BB-8A61-579165713F2F (resized).jpeg8814948F-F341-49BB-8A61-579165713F2F (resized).jpeg
    #1567 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Those cupcakes came from me. [quoted image]

Oh...

Well...

Fuck him, then.

#1568 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...
    Well...
    Fuck him, then.

Hah. My fiancé made them for him for his birthday.

#1569 3 years ago

Re gifted cupcakes... Mmmmmm

#1570 3 years ago

"Sharing" cupcakes is a wonderful thing.

#1571 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Those cupcakes came from me. [quoted image]

Hahaha stealing credit for the cupcakes. Classic Otaku !!!

#1572 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Hah. My fiancé made them for him for his birthday.

Hmm djreddog's fiance's cupcakes!

c66de46c40068decdb6c11452d69ae54 (resized).jpgc66de46c40068decdb6c11452d69ae54 (resized).jpg

#1573 3 years ago

Those cupcakes match Reddoggs pants!

#1574 3 years ago

#1576 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

What the hell did I just walk into?

C474CA5F-7B79-439C-9D9A-1A9CD72E1ED1 (resized).jpegC474CA5F-7B79-439C-9D9A-1A9CD72E1ED1 (resized).jpeg
    #1577 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Re gifted cupcakes... Mmmmmm

I actually saw someone hide from him and the cupcakes because he thought he was selling them ! No bullshit. Six months earlier he was bumming five dollars from that guy at York.

A leopard never changes his spots.

#1578 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hahaha stealing credit for the cupcakes. Classic Otaku !!!

Oh gee gosh shucks...that Otaku!

#1579 3 years ago

Admit it - pinside just wouldn’t be the same without him !

#1580 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

A leopard never changes his spots.

or his sweatpants

#1581 3 years ago

How is this thread not locked?

#1582 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

The drama is contained within a single thread, rather than popping up in multiple other threads.

#1583 3 years ago

Guess it’s like a contained virus.

#1584 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The drama is contained within a single thread, rather than popping up in multiple other threads.

The drama is what makes this thread worth visiting

pop (resized).jpgpop (resized).jpg
    #1585 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

Why would we want it locked? Its a great way for people to see that clearly he has never changed and only cares about himself. I just don't know what's better, the constant begging for money of the constant "I'm not selling my games and I'm not begging for money this time". This guy is such a liar, he doesn't even know when he's lying anymore. Its entertaining and shows/warns people of his actions so they don't get taken too.

#1586 3 years ago

Definition of a tool.

#1587 3 years ago

A True Legend....... in his own mind

#1588 3 years ago

Otaku posted something about this before he left and I looked into it. I was surprised how many popped up, looks like something everybody is doing.

In a world of this being common the saving grace is he didn't make his own, the cafe did, which is nice. With how much these people are getting I wouldn't blame him if he did, GoFundMe is hot right now

Screenshot_20200518-155625_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155625_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-155340_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155340_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200518-155543_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155543_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155703_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155703_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155646_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155646_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155521_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155521_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155457_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155457_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155435_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155435_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155401_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155401_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155340_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155340_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155351_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155351_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155625_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-155625_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#1589 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Otaku posted something about this before he left and I looked into it. I was surprised how many popped up, looks like something everybody is doing.
    In a world of this being common the saving grace is he didn't make his own, the cafe did, which is nice. With how much these people are getting I wouldn't blame him if he did, GoFundMe is hot right now
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is oldtaco back already!???

Lmao...okay okay, who called it first!

IP check?? @mods

Screenshot_2020-05-22-10-21-59 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-21-59 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-24-01 (resized).pngScreenshot_2020-05-22-10-24-01 (resized).png

#1590 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As a noob to here, maybe look at this persons track record first before magically making this your first post....

WOW, I'm sure fooled

#1591 3 years ago

Not Otaku but local and a supporter. Look my post is only a sentence long! See, it's proof. In the pudding.

#1592 3 years ago

Also trying to spread the word of these other great popular causes to the clearly kind, generous, and like-minded individuals here:

Timeline Arcade COVID Fund - https://www.gofundme.com/f/timeline-arcade-virus-relief-2020

Save High Scores Arcade - https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecomfsave-the-arcade

Logan Arcade Relief Fund -
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/logan-arcade-staff-relief-fund

#1593 3 years ago

Well, funny how you signed up same day he was gone, isn't it?

I would suggest reading more into his history here before going to bat.

Fyi, you posted one place twice and another place that deactivated their gofundme in a hasty attempt to post.

How much did you donate after seeing all his previous actions here and his refusal to listen to advice or sell excess inventory to keep business open??

I don't exactly think everybody is on the band wagon of repeated handouts, then buying up everything, then refusal to sell but making sure to bring up accepting handouts again.

#1594 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

Also trying to spread the word of these other great causes to the like-minded individuals here:
    Timeline Arcade COVID Fund - https://www.gofundme.com/f/timeline-arcade-virus-relief-2020
    Save High Scores Arcade - https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecomfsave-the-arcade

Yes, you already did that.

#1595 3 years ago

You just can't make this stuff up. Welcome back, Otaco!

#1596 3 years ago

I knew all this popcorn I made wouldn't go to waste

#1597 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well, funny how you signed up same day he was gone, isn't it?
    I would suggest reading more into his history here before going to bat.
    Fyi, you posted one place twice and another place that deactivated their gofundme in a hasty attempt to post.
    How much did you donate after seeing all his previous actions here and his refusal to listen to advice or sell excess inventory to keep business open??
    I don't exactly think everybody is on the band wagon of repeated handouts, then buying up everything, then refusal to sell but making sure to bring up accepting handouts again.

Why downvotes but not answer question stevie????

Edit:
    I see you (not stevie at all, honest) are just going around downvoting anything said that wasn't positive about otaku now.
    Even mods...
    Guess I'm not so special after all

#1598 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What's the over/under on number of days before @OtakuSockPuppet34 shows up?

LOL, looks like 3 days!

#1599 3 years ago

I'm not Otaku. I type too little, and I'm 32, not 16.

Now, how about we all shake hands and go donate to a great GoFundMe today like true gentlemen? Show me you are a caring respectable human and you will earn my respect.

It hurts a lot less than you think it does. Not sure why it's so hated around here but nowhere else. C'mon, TRY it... I'm into helping people over their fears!

Timeline Arcade COVID Fund -https://www.gofundme.com/f/timeline-arcade-virus-relief-2020

Save High Scores Arcade -https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecomfsave-the-arcade

----------------------

EDIT: DONATE TO THE LTG HELP FUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-help-fund-help-him-out

#1600 3 years ago
    Quoted from XeXPinball:

I'm not Otaku. I type too little, and I'm 32, not 16.
    Now, how about we all shake hands and go donate to a great GoFundMe today like true gentlemen?
    Timeline Arcade COVID Fund - https://www.gofundme.com/f/timeline-arcade-virus-relief-2020
    Save High Scores Arcade - https://www.gofundme.com/f/gofundmecomfsave-the-arcade

Well,welcome aboard. Unfortunate coincidence that you suddenly discovered pinside and joined when he left and you are downvoting the people who called him out for his nonsense.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/32?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.