Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 79.
    #1501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I still want to invite you for a beer sometime and see if you change your mind. I have a terrible habit of typing too much, and have too much of a past here to relax and be who I am. Outside of Pinside things are great, and I'm pretty quiet. I'm so normal and the amount of hatred towards something people think I am, blows me away. I know you must wonder why we have mutual friends, and why the guys at T.N.T. and stuff hang out with me, it's like a jarring difference. I'm no Otaku. Even on their videos it's mostly comedic debaunchery, playing a role, and it's way too wound up for who I really am, when the camera shuts off it's different and we are all good friends.
    Unfortunately a lot of me being 16 here was me doing modern ironic millenial humor in response to criticism which translated TERRIBLY especially with the age gap. Sarcasm is a lifestyle for my generation especially at that age, and it translates terribly on the internet. Turns out exaggerating points people pick out about you to mess with them, fucks your reputation up even more, but I was naive and an idiot. I was moreso playing the role of being the angry unhinged 16 year old, while I was fully calm and usually just passing time of being pretty ill. Kind of like the kids of today calling people boomers and shit. They don't actually care, it's just funny. Frankly I was enamored with the drama as the people on the other end egging me on were. Makes me wonder if any of us genuinely ever actually gave a shit. Weird...
    If anybody was mean to me I screwed with 'em, like we all do.
    I screwed with people who cared too much and it bit me in the ass when they took it seriously, but I meant very little of anything negative I said, so I sleep well at night. Mostly just screwing around. Any hobby passion and money-involved things were totally legit, I took a lot of things serious, just not Pinside debauchery. Mostly just trolled people like 1974DeltaQueen and they still think I meant it, and it somehow went so deep that several genuine apologies didn't work. It's weird.
    Even the "look at me, I'm 16!" thing was more of a running joke between me and a few friends and used it on purpose long after it got old, because of how flustered it made some people.
    Short version: I screwed with a bunch of angry older guys who thought I was stupid, by acting stupid, and it just made me look stupid. It was purposefully, and accidentally, stupid. I was mature enough to know I was screwing with people but not mature enough to realize that itself is a fucking dumb idea

Sell a machine or two if you need cash. You seem to be resistant to selling stuff, it isn't hard. I've sold machines to pay bills and it was a blessing when I had the cash in hand.

#1502 3 years ago

My family is hungry....

I can't sell games out of my business....
    besides, if I sold some excess inventory, local people might see them and buy them; you guys in the collector community understand that gamers and collectors can't just have that opportunity in a small town area. I need them ALL.

By the way, does anybody know where I can get more asteroids or pole positions?

Effect_20200515_232926 (resized).jpgEffect_20200515_232926 (resized).jpg

#1503 3 years ago
    Quoted from edward472:

You could rent your games... just saying

That would mean they might come back in better working condition with locks on them.

#1504 3 years ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

You have said many times you have plenty of games!! I have never said to sell the games in your business what about the other what 1-100 you have? sell them!! LTG has sold games to help himself. Rock Fantasy has sold games to stay in business. Come up with other ways to help yourself. The basement thing is not the only go fund me you have had what about your sick dog. What about the go fundme for your startup cost come on yeah the 16 year old Steven excuse is getting old. I have never said anything bad about you until now. I actually was behind you I saw you create a business and it seemed to be going well but accepting money when 28 days ago you were all good is BULLSHIT! You could of said no thanks give it to the homeless, hospitals wherever! You can blame the 16 year old Steven but this is a pattern of BULLSHIT I dont care how you look at it. Charity is only charity if you need it! You could repair games or come up with other ways to make money other than accept money from a business that probably needs it just as much as any other business during this time.

Man, didn't realize there were so many fundraisers. Who does this? WTF

#1505 3 years ago

Guy’s it’s too early in the morning for popcorn

#1506 3 years ago

Logan arcade*s go fund me was to benefit the employees, not the owner . However if you need some cash otako just let me know . I would be glad to help out in these times of need .

#1507 3 years ago

Sell some machines for healthy food, or go on Ramen noodle diet. Chooses the ramen noodle death route.

#1508 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I still want to invite you for a beer sometime and see if you change your mind. I have a terrible habit of typing too much, and have too much of a past here to relax and be who I am. Outside of Pinside things are great, and I'm pretty quiet. I'm so normal and the amount of hatred towards something people think I am, blows me away. I know you must wonder why we have mutual friends, and why the guys at T.N.T. and stuff hang out with me, it's like a jarring difference. I'm no Otaku. Even on their videos it's mostly comedic debaunchery, playing a role, and it's way too wound up for who I really am, when the camera shuts off it's different and we are all good friends.
    Unfortunately a lot of me being 16 here was me doing modern ironic millenial humor in response to criticism which translated TERRIBLY especially with the age gap. Sarcasm is a lifestyle for my generation especially at that age, and it translates terribly on the internet. Turns out exaggerating points people pick out about you to mess with them, fucks your reputation up even more, but I was naive and an idiot. I was moreso playing the role of being the angry unhinged 16 year old, while I was fully calm and usually just passing time of being pretty ill. Kind of like the kids of today calling people boomers and shit. They don't actually care, it's just funny. Frankly I was enamored with the drama as the people on the other end egging me on were. Makes me wonder if any of us genuinely ever actually gave a shit. Weird...
    If anybody was mean to me I screwed with 'em, like we all do.
    I screwed with people who cared too much and it bit me in the ass when they took it seriously, but I meant very little of anything negative I said, so I sleep well at night. Mostly just screwing around. Any hobby passion and money-involved things were totally legit, I took a lot of things serious, just not Pinside debauchery. Mostly just trolled people like 1974DeltaQueen and they still think I meant it, and it somehow went so deep that several genuine apologies didn't work. It's weird.
    Even the "look at me, I'm 16!" thing was more of a running joke between me and a few friends and used it on purpose long after it got old, because of how flustered it made some people.
    Short version: I screwed with a bunch of angry older guys who thought I was stupid, by acting stupid, and it just made me look stupid. It was purposefully, and accidentally, stupid. I was mature enough to know I was screwing with people but not mature enough to realize that itself is a fucking dumb idea

Biggest mooch ever.

#1509 3 years ago

#1510 3 years ago

Maybe Otaku is on to something here.
    I posted an old meme that clearly related to what he just said, and apparently a bunch of old farts either have ZERO sense of humor, or they’re just assholes?

Care to explain yourselves here, yzfguy EricHadley Palmer

This is virtually what he said in comic form, yet you are still just downvoting?

Yet you seem more than happy to stir the pot and fling shit just a few hours ago?

Added over 4 years ago:

This was sarcastic, and jokingly suggesting Otaku was right, which is impossible.

Don’t take this so seriously, ya old fart! Laugh at little bit.

#1511 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I posted an old meme that clearly related to what he just said, and apparently a bunch of old farts either have ZERO sense of humor, or they’re just assholes?
    Care to explain yourselves here, yzfguy wackybrakke palmer
    This is quite literally what he said in comic form, yet you are still just downvoting?
    Yet you seem more than happy to stir the pot and fling shit just a few hours ago?

You repeatedly used a word that many folks find offensive.
    https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-is-the-r-word-3105651

#1512 3 years ago

I do see the connection in the cartoon Isochonic posted. I do not see the humor, guess I’m old.
    Suspect you will offend more people than entertain with that selection.

Am I the only person who is suspicious of Otaku’s grandiose sales figures? Do arcades hosting that era of gaming equipment make that much revenue?

Regardless...times are tough for us one and all.
    As a now unemployed pilot, I’m going with positivity here and wishing everyone a safe and speedy recovery.

#1513 3 years ago

I grew up in the 70s, where that word (along with the f word) was used to describe the way your friend was acting. If you actually used that word on somebody who was mentally challenged (or actually gay), then you're just a dick. No, I wasn't offended by that at all.

What offended me was the horrible artwork. Looks like it was done on a Commodore 64.

#1514 3 years ago

This is quite literally what he said in comic form, yet you are still just downvoting?

Yes, the word offends me. I know and care about several mentally handicapped people. It's not an acceptable term in my opinion. That's why the thumbs down button is there. If calling someone an old fart makes you feel better, well... ok.
    Dude, why do you get so upset by the thumbs?! It's not a personal attack, it just says "I don't agree with this post". I think you may need some thicker internet skin. Here's a thumbs down for your post calling people out for using a forum function the way is is intended. I find it hard to believe that you would use that term in a real life public conversation and not expect a negative reaction.

#1515 3 years ago

Because your post is gross and offensive, thumbs down well earned. By the way, thanks for the PM that I ignored and deleted. Have a nice day.

#1516 3 years ago

I posted an old meme that clearly related to what he just said, This is quite literally what he said in comic form.

Ummm, Rereads both again, no - no it’s not.

#1517 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What offended me was the horrible artwork. Looks like it was done on a Commodore 64.

Hold up, don't besmirch the C64! It can do things like this:

commodore-64-donald-duck-pixels-wallpaper-preview (resized).jpgcommodore-64-donald-duck-pixels-wallpaper-preview (resized).jpg
    #1518 3 years ago

I humbly stand corrected. I meant that the lame artwork looked like it had been done on a TRS-80.

#1519 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I humbly stand corrected. I meant that the lame artwork looked like it had been done on a TRS-80.

It’s an MSPaint rage comic, it’s old internet humor. Pre-2008 stuff. I forget that most of this forum has missed the past 2 decades of humor and internet advancements somehow.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Because your post is gross and offensive, thumbs down well earned. By the way, thanks for the PM that I ignored and deleted. Have a nice day.

Quoted from RCA1:

You repeatedly used a word that many folks find offensive.
    https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-is-the-r-word-3105651

You people were literally calling Otaku retarded just one page ago. You submitted this idea as a fact and upvoted it. You’re cowards and disgusting hypocrites at best.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, the word offends me. I know and care about several mentally handicapped people. It's not an acceptable term in my opinion...
    I think you may need some thicker internet skin.

Maybe apply that to yourself then buddy?
    I’m friends with people with ASD, and other disabilities, and I work every summer at a camp with children with disabilities. People use “retard” casually all the time in certain settings, I’m sorry your delicate internet hugbox was invaded by “the R-word” the rest of us adults will continue with our lives and won’t have our entire day devastated by a word.
    Just a side note, nobody uses the world as medically intended, and it’s considered politically incorrect. But I guess bullying and shitting all over a 20 year old and proclaiming he’s “mentally handicapped” is okay.

What a fuckin’ trip you guys are.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I grew up in the 70s, where that word (along with the f word) was used to describe the way your friend was acting. No, I wasn't offended by that at all.

Well since we established he’s not handicapped, according to Steve himself, then it’s just a joke referring to “pretending to be stupid”

Somehow we have guys who simultaneously bitch about how “these kids beg for money and don’t work for anything like we did back in my day!!!” and also cry and smash the downvote button through tears as they hear a word that meant nothing and was a joke back in their day.
    DBB2F968-8686-45C6-8C5D-A8B9389B6A17.jpegDBB2F968-8686-45C6-8C5D-A8B9389B6A17.jpeg

#1520 3 years ago

LMAO! I work with those same children, which is why I find it hard to believe that the term doesn't offend you. Do you use that word at camp or while you're talking to their parents? No, probably not.I am protective of "my kids" and will continue attempting to educate people ignorant enough to throw the term around "casually all the time" in your world. I wouldn't tolerate it. Maybe I get thru, maybe not. I can't control how someone else acts, but I can maintain my own standards and it certainly doesn't bother me if a millennial is taken aback that sometimes people should think about someone else. Unreal.

#1521 3 years ago

Shaddap you face. It’s an appropriate song.

#1522 3 years ago

It’s an MSPaint rage comic, it’s old internet humor. Pre-2008 stuff. I forget that most of this forum has missed the past 2 decades of humor and internet advancements somehow.

You people were literally calling Otaku retarded just one page ago. You submitted this idea as a fact and upvoted it. You’re cowards and disgusting hypocrites at best.

Maybe apply that to yourself then buddy?
    I’m friends with people with ASD, and other disabilities, and I work every summer at a camp with children with disabilities. People use “retard” casually all the time in certain settings, I’m sorry your delicate internet hugbox was invaded by “the R-word” the rest of us adults will continue with our lives and won’t have our entire day devastated by a word.
    Just a side note, nobody uses the world as medically intended, and it’s considered politically incorrect. But I guess bullying and shitting all over a 20 year old and proclaiming he’s “mentally handicapped” is okay.
    What a fuckin’ trip you guys are.

Well since we established he’s not handicapped, according to Steve himself, then it’s just a joke referring to “pretending to be stupid”
    Somehow we have guys who simultaneously bitch about how “these kids beg for money and don’t work for anything like we did back in my day!!!” and also cry and smash the downvote button through tears as they hear a word that meant nothing and was a joke back in their day.
    [quoted image]

You are telling us all to lighten up while also losing your shit and getting triggered over some downvotes. That is funny.

#1523 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

HEY, now we're bashing trash 80s!!!???

Ok, I'll admit....trs-80 is no color computer 2 or 3

#1524 3 years ago

You people were literally calling Otaku retarded just one page ago.

I don’t think you know what the word “literally” means. There is a ‘find in thread’ search feature. Using it returns one post. Yours. So you are literally the only poster that has used those terms in this thread.

#1525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

You are telling us all to lighten up while also losing your shit and getting triggered over some downvotes. That is funny.

Was thinking that to. You can’t demand other people to be thick skinned towards the stuff you say while being thinned skinned at the pushback, unless you’re president.

#1526 3 years ago

Is it still PC to use the term when discussing setting my car's timing? It's not advanced....it's....ohh nevermind.

#1527 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

If your business is as successful as you’ve bragged about you could just refuse the fundraiser or give it to people who really need it. Heck you could still pay back all the people who lent you money all those years ago. You are an adult now so that would be a mature decision to make.

I think everyone here knew back when he said it, that the success of his arcade and the money it was taking in was greatly exaggerated. His pride got in the way of admitting it. He certainly won’t admit it now.

#1528 3 years ago

[quoted image]

What the hell are you going after me for? I'm the one that said I wasn't offended, then just made fun of the art. If you think I don't have a sense of humor or don't understand technological advancements over the past 20 years, you don't know me very well. The people around here that do know me know how ridiculous your statement was.

There you have it, Pinside. Beelzeboob has no sense of humor. You heard it here first.

#1529 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

There you have it, Pinside. Beelzeboob has no sense of humor. You heard it here first.

Lol, whenever I need a pick me up, I look for your posts because you almost always put a smile on my face.
    -Mike

#1530 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Lol, whenever I need a pick me up, I look for your posts because you almost always put a smile on my face.
    -Mike

From your lips to my wife's ears, my friend.

#1531 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, I’ve heard that from many other sources for years.

(Modern ironic millennial humor intended.)

#1532 3 years ago

What the hell?
    I just answered a question you asked. I literally thought you didn't know.
    Sheesh.

#1533 3 years ago

Boy , I sure missed this thread

#1534 3 years ago

here is a marketing idea to "generate funds"

1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1 (resized).jpg1,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1 (resized).jpg
    #1535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I asked for a handout as a 16 year old, but for people to not only be following me around 6 years later,

...it was only 3 years ago. But never let facts get in the way of your argument!

#1536 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don’t think you know what the word “literally” means.

That's ok. Apparently no one does anymore.

#1537 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That's ok. Apparently no one does anymore.

Literally!

#1538 3 years ago

Lol, what a turn of events. Isochronic_Frost sure makes some enjoyable fuck ups. Good grief, dude. And people think I'm awful, takes quite a piece of work to be throwing words like that around and expecting people not to call you on it. Shame on you. But I guess you can't expect an ounce of self-awareness or class from a furry who dresses up in giant cat suits for fun as a grown man.

Now that the dumpster fire is burning bright and has officially flown off the rails, can we all talk about our political affilations next? Religion? Ooh, ooh, I know, Stern playfield dimpling? That one REALLY gets the Pinside discussion going!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#1539 3 years ago

When you're hating on my beautiful sweatpants but your outfit of choice is this

Screenshot_20200518-133805_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200518-133805_Google (resized).jpg
    #1540 3 years ago

#1542 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Goodbye Pinside.

Thanks!
    See ya!

#1543 3 years ago

#1544 3 years ago

What the hell did I just walk into?

#1545 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Last account deactivation before permanent lockout, so it's legit. This thread and site has just gone so far off of who I really am, it's futile to be here anymore. It's just something I come back to because it's just so unrealistic it's funny.
    Levi, let's grab a beer. Boob, I have a check headed your way after I get back on my feet.
    Everybody else, toodles and thanks for caring about me so much. It's been a ride, and how much you care really is appreciated.

Cool Steven. See you in a few weeks.

#1546 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Last account deactivation before permanent lockout, so it's legit. This thread and site has just gone so far off of who I really am, it's futile to be here anymore. It's just something I come back to because it's just so unrealistic it's funny.
    Levi, let's grab a beer. Boob, I have a check headed your way after I get back on my feet.
    Everybody else, toodles and thanks for caring about me so much. It's been a ride, and how much you care really is appreciated.

I drink bourbon godammit! And yes I look forward to that drink.

And I promise - sincerely - if there's ever a go fund me to buy actual pants (denim, kahki, or even corduroy - I will be first in line to donate.

Good luck with the shop!

#1547 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I drink bourbon godammit! And yes I look forward to that drink.
    And I promise - sincerely - if there's ever a go fund me to buy actual pants (denim, kahki, or even corduroy - I will be first in line to donate.
    Good luck with the shop!

Just for you Levi I bought some jeans. Hahahaha. I own a lot of jeans but they don't bother Pinside, so why wear them?

I actually had to get these because I sent all my sweatpants out to get embroided with "JodyG" across the asscheeks and they won't be back for 3 weeks.

#1548 3 years ago
    2h60xg (resized).jpg2h60xg (resized).jpg
    #1549 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Just for you Levi. Hahahaha. I own a lot of jeans but they don't bother Pinside, so why wear them?
    I actually had to get these because I sent all my sweatpants out to get embroided with "JodyG" across the asscheeks and they won't be back for 3 weeks.
    [quoted image]

Damn he looks sharp!

But it looks to me like you are just trying on pants, not buying them. Still, baby steps!

#1550 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn he looks sharp!
    But it looks to me like you are just trying on pants, not buying them. Still, baby steps!

I think black jeans look more professional for a business operator than blue, but definitely a better look.

Maybe a compromise is in order.....furry jeans

7303c35432088814575ba0daaba05cf322cc5a9bv2_hq (resized).jpg7303c35432088814575ba0daaba05cf322cc5a9bv2_hq (resized).jpg
    There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/31?hl=joshpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.