Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 79.
    #1451 4 years ago

i heard from a friend of a friend the fire dept had to use the jaws of life to cut his sweatpants off !

#1452 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i heard from a friend of a friend the fire dept had to use the jaws of life to cut his sweatpants off !

Hahaha oh man

We love ya Steve! Feel better man.

#1453 4 years ago

If only there was some sort of training device he could have used from the comfort of his arcade to prepare for and help avoid this situation.

frogger (resized).jpgfrogger (resized).jpg
    #1455 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

The only good thing that could come out of this is he winds up a millionaire. He was walking when he should, the driver is usually wrong when a pedestrian is hit from the front.

Nothing will come of it. The business owner across the street from him got hit the exact same way in the exact same intersection ten years or so ago, driver paid a small fine and went on with life. Ephrata is a weird little town. I once saw a car roll over onto its roof a couple blocks from there, no idea how they managed to do that.

Between the elderly and junkies nodding off, it's a dangerous place to be a pedestrian.

For what it's worth, I requested on behalf of Steven for the mods to close this topic almost two months ago with no response whatsoever. My apologies if the negativity continues but it's out of my hands; this is not why I started the thread.

shuterdownboys (resized).pngshuterdownboys (resized).png
    #1456 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Nothing will come of it. The business owner across the street from him got hit the exact same way in the exact same intersection ten years or so ago, driver paid a small fine and went on with life. Ephrata is a weird little town. I once saw a car roll over onto its roof a couple blocks from there, no idea how they managed to do that.
    Between the elderly and junkies nodding off, it's a dangerous place to be a pedestrian.
    For what it's worth, I requested on behalf of Steven for the mods to close this topic almost two months ago with no response whatsoever. My apologies if the negativity continues but it's out of my hands; this is not why I started the thread.[quoted image]

what negativity? everyone wishes steve the best, nobody wishes him to get hit by a car. now mind you only one poster said steve was playing frogger and some nasty dude said they used the jaws of life to remove his sweatpants.
    hope he gets well soon and if they want to close this thread maybe it is time.

#1457 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

hope he gets well soon and if they want to close this thread maybe it is time.

Agreed.

Hey is that your NBA Fastbreak in the front of Rock Fantasy? If so, I played it yesterday. Sweet.

Also if your Six Million Dollar Man is the one at Quinnz Pinz, the front left leg leveler is jacked.

peace

#1458 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Agreed.
    Hey is that your NBA Fastbreak in the front of Rock Fantasy? If so, I played it yesterday. Sweet.
    Also if your Six Million Dollar Man is the one at Quinnz Pinz, the front left leg leveler is jacked.
    peace

ill pass along to steve. missed ya pal. im me next time you are there!

#1459 4 years ago

Found this thread very entertaining. Hope Otaku comes back. Looks like Gameseum is succeeding which is good.

#1460 4 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

If only there was some sort of training device he could have used from the comfort of his arcade to prepare for and help avoid this situation.[quoted image]

Bwahahaha

1 month later
    #1461 4 years ago

Looks like Steven has fully recovered from the accident, they posted that he was crimping some Molex connectors on a Skee-Ball machine and by his own account "was bending in the weirdest ways and also 4 feet off the ground standing on the alley, leaning over the nets". Good to see him back at it.

2 months later
    #1462 3 years ago

Wonder if Covid 19 shut down his dreams. Be safe everyone.

#1463 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Wonder if Covid 19 shut down his dreams. Be safe everyone.

According to Todd Tuckey's interview with Kaneda, no...he saved most of his money and can weather the storm okay.

#1464 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

According to Todd Tuckey's interview with Kaneda, no...he saved most of his money and can weather the storm okay.

Yeah, if it was said on Kaneda's "show", it must be true

#1465 3 years ago

Plus a lot of landlords are providing relief regarding rent during these times. I operate a satellite office in Harrisburg and we just got our letter last week that they were offering relief to all tenants. He will be fine.

1 week later
    #1466 3 years ago

No relief from feds, state, or landlord, but thankfully we have the sheer numbers/savings alone from the very prosperous year we had, to make it through the hard way. We also don't have payroll as we have no employees - just the owners, so that helped. It's still terrifying for everybody, but I'm not panicking yet. We make several thousand every weekend, so as soon as the first early signs of COVID appeared I started buttoning down the financial hatches expecting the worst (when most were still skeptical), and it ended up being a very beneficial gamble having the previous month's five digits being around to dedicate fully to lockdown time. We're better off than most and I feel very blessed for that. I've been buying games nonstop but pulled the plug on that as soon as I heard about China... real early... I think it was maybe 2-3 weeks before it hit here and it was barely in the news, let alone in a worldwide pandemic. Just a gut feeling, and it paid off more than I could ever imagine.

Unfortunately I just did a giant bulk buy the week before that or I would've been (overkill) good for a whole year with no money coming in if needed, I'm a big saver, but you never expect the world to collapse like it never has before. Crazy times we live in and how quickly things progressed. You always try to financially prepare for the worst, but nobody expects something second only to the apocalypse. I'm afraid a lot of places will go under... but we will be fine.

Todd really did say it best. A good friend of mine I visit weekly and a fellow business owner... we both miss our weekly Applebees trips dearly!

Here is a timestamped link:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-474-todd-tuckey#t=22:39

We sure aren't in the position to be doing favors for anybody and are on the ramen diet like everybody else, but we won't go under whatsoever. Just going nuts on restoring games with all the free time... will be a nice silver lining to it all, and a crazy return unveiling

#1467 3 years ago

Don't forget to come see me when it's all over and the coils are firin' again @djreddog! Hope you and the family are doing well

Sure looks depressing with all the games off and lights turned up. Just got color-matched Comet LEDs done in everything shortly before this all started, for them to be dark for months on end... go figure. Screw you COVID!!!!!

Screenshot_20200416-231712_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200416-231712_Gallery (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20200416-232242_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200416-232242_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #1468 3 years ago

Cool man, hang in there.
    Definitely a strange time for everybody.
    Stay safe.

#1469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Cool man, hang in there.
    Definitely a strange time for everybody.
    Stay safe.

Thanks Coindork - hope you and yours are staying healthy. Stop back next time you're in the county again, it's grown much more since you were last here. This is all just a bump in the road thankfully. Just blessed to be healthy and safe, the money is less concerning.

#1470 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks Coindork - hope you and yours are staying healthy. Stop back next time you're in the county again, it's grown much more since you were last here. This is all just a bump in the road thankfully. Just blessed to be healthy and safe, the money is less concerning.

Yeah, I’ll definitely come back check it out again once we can travel again and what not. Got clients/friends in Lancaster and I had just started going out there twice a year (which means I only got to go twice ). Stange times man.

2 weeks later
    #1471 3 years ago

Somebody got a little older and wiser today!

1 week later
    #1472 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

We make several thousand every weekend, so as soon as the first early signs of COVID appeared I started buttoning down the financial hatches expecting the worst (when most were still skeptical), and it ended up being a very beneficial gamble having the previous month's five digits being around to dedicate fully to lockdown time. We're better off than most and I feel very blessed for that.

I can’t help but feel you’re presenting a different portrayal to your local community. Less than a month later:

72B1F160-4A91-4720-B875-4D8074D9948D (resized).jpeg72B1F160-4A91-4720-B875-4D8074D9948D (resized).jpeg
    #1473 3 years ago

Omg it never ends with this guy.

#1474 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Omg it never ends with this guy.

I love his writing. It's super entertaining.

Quoted from Otaku:

I've been buying games nonstop but pulled the plug on that as soon as I heard about China... real early... I think it was maybe 2-3 weeks before it hit here and it was barely in the news, let alone in a worldwide pandemic. Just a gut feeling, and it paid off more than I could ever imagine.

This is so good - dude is so smart he predicted the pandemic.

Quoted from Otaku:

We make several thousand every weekend, so as soon as the first early signs of COVID appeared I started buttoning down the financial hatches expecting the worst (when most were still skeptical), and it ended up being a very beneficial gamble having the previous month's five digits being around to dedicate fully to lockdown time. We're better off than most and I feel very blessed for that.

And so rich this has no impact!!

#1475 3 years ago

I am so sick of this guy 28 days ago he says he fine and now they need a fund raiser where are the 100 pinball machines he own that he could sell. I sent the compay a PM and posted on the facebook page. I also posted one the Gameseum site and my comment alrady got deleted. Otaku what do you have to say for your self now. Sell some of your game if you need money instead of trying to get money out of another small business that probably needs the money more than you do!!! Sorry for the rant this just pisses me off to no end!!!

#1476 3 years ago

Joe,

For you to directly attack a community fundraiser organized for me (they reached out to me) is very low of you.

I understand you are continually somehow very upset I asked for a handout as a 16 year old, but for people to not only be following me around 6 years later, during a national pandemic, attempting to damage and destroy a fundraiser started for my business by a third party, is very low of you.

The comment you mention was written by me early on in the pandemic, at a time when Pennsylvania was slated to re-open much earlier than it will now, and before arcades were designated as only being allowed to open in the "green" phase. I have spent over $4,500 in rent since then, for instance... it's a dated comment.

I kindly redirect you to the GoFundMe created by Timeline Arcade in York, by the owner of the arcade, that has raised over $1,500 for themselves.

I kindly redirect you to the Logan Arcade GoFundMe organized by the owners of the company.

So for you to attack a community fundraiser done for me when I am doing all I can not to ask for help is pretty low.

If you had any business sense you would realizing selling my games would severly damage the recovery of the opening period, especially when the locals would be the ones seeing for sale ads. Not happening, yet.

I understand you are upset but to be messaging the organizer of the fundraiser, spamming both of our Facebook pages with your rhetoric, and attempting to damage a fundraiser that will be helping to feed my family, says a lot more about you than me.

I welcome you to not participate but to go out of your way to try and damage a community fundraiser is despicable.

God bless,
    Steven

Screenshot_20200515-175947_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-175947_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #1477 3 years ago

Here is proof I did not ask for the idea or come up with it, and yet another Joe comment. Please leave me alone.

I ask for help on Pinside as a teenager, you harass me.
    (Basement fund)

Pinside doesn't like helping. Okay, I ask for help not on Pinside, you post it here and harass me. (Fundraiser for my dog)

I grow up, stop asking for handouts, SOMEBODY ELSE tries to help me not on Pinside YEARS LATER, you post there, you post here, and you harass me.

This is getting REALLY ridiculous.

Screenshot_20200515-183059_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-183059_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-182920_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-182920_Facebook (resized).jpg

#1478 3 years ago

Man, when I think about all the extra money I could have if I had no morals. I blame my parents.

#1479 3 years ago

You have said many times you have plenty of games!! I have never said to sell the games in your business what about the other what 1-100 you have? sell them!! LTG has sold games to help himself. Rock Fantasy has sold games to stay in business. Come up with other ways to help yourself. The basement thing is not the only go fund me you have had what about your sick dog. What about the go fundme for your startup cost come on yeah the 16 year old Steven excuse is getting old. I have never said anything bad about you until now. I actually was behind you I saw you create a business and it seemed to be going well but accepting money when 28 days ago you were all good is BULLSHIT! You could of said no thanks give it to the homeless, hospitals wherever! You can blame the 16 year old Steven but this is a pattern of BULLSHIT I dont care how you look at it. Charity is only charity if you need it! You could repair games or come up with other ways to make money other than accept money from a business that probably needs it just as much as any other business during this time.

#1480 3 years ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

You have said many times you have plenty of games!! I have never said to sell the games in your business what about the other what 1-100 you have? sell them!! LTG has sold games to help himself. Rock Fantasy has sold games to stay in business. Come up with other ways to help yourself. The basement thing is not the only go fund me you have had what about your sick dog. What about the go fundme for your startup cost come on yeah the 16 year old Steven excuse is getting old. I have never said anything bad about you until now. I actually was behind you I saw you create a business and it seemed to be going well but accepting money when 28 days ago you were all good is BULLSHIT! You could of said no thanks give it to the homeless, hospitals wherever! You can blame the 16 year old Steven but this is a pattern of BULLSHIT I dont care how you look at it. Charity is only charity if you need it! You could repair games or come up with other ways to make money other than accept money from a business that probably needs it just as much as any other business during this time.

Restaurants able to offer takeout while we have nothing to offer, and being one the few business types that must wait until green period to re-open, we are the hardest hit in our community, and people are kindly trying to help.

I respect your opinion but kindly ask you to stop taking action towards my company. For all of your other inquiries, I direct you back to my previous post.

I am 22 now, have not asked for money in several years, and I have not started now. This is a community initiative that was presented to me after creation.

My family is hungry, and money doesn't last forever... it could be months until we can re-open. You are making them very upset.

That's all I have to say on the matter. We clearly have some very kind people in our community. Remember, if we focus too much on who has it worst, we all suffer.

God bless and stay healthy,
    Steven

#1481 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200515-185227_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-185227_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-185238_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200515-185238_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #1482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Restaurants able to offer takeout while we have nothing to offer

You could rent your games... just saying

#1483 3 years ago

Happy to see all the support given to LTG! Seems to be a humble guy.

#1484 3 years ago

You can dress up a piece of shit all you want but in the end it’s still a piece of shit . ( with sweatpants)

#1485 3 years ago

You can dress up a piece of shit all you want but in the end it’s still a piece of shit . ( with sweatpants)

Ah, what the hell.

If you think I'm a freeloader, it confuses me why I'm still living rent free in your little angry mind year after year. You are one of the most vocal but I have never interacted with you, and you clearly dislike me, but you spend large amounts of time interacting with me or my name.

Oh, I did interact with you ONCE... that one time I borrowed your ratchet at a pinball show and put it back in your tool bag under your game because you weren't around, instead of handing it to you, which for some reason made you upset and got its own angry Pinside post about me being a whippersnapper. Yeesh.

So while you can color me not surprised by this post either, let it go dude... be happy! You look a lot worse continuing to make these sorry comments year after year and verbally attacking others, and I almost feel sorry for you. Not that I care much, but I'm surprised you don't have something better to do with your time than interact with somebody you claim to hate so much.

Why am I so shitty yet clearly worth your time? Do you respect yourself that little? Or are you just lonely? Most tell me (including many silent supporters here and well respected hobby people) those who haven't let this damn thing go after so many years and repetitive threads, are jealous of my big success and passion I have for what I do. I believe them, and I almost wonder if it keeps people like you up at night in angry fits. I was very passionate as a kid, somewhat clueless at 16, but I never let it stop me... and I think it really bothers a select few. Is that you, 1974DeltaQueen? Asking for a friend. That must be a shitty life.

If not, than why are you still around always making such negative comments? Perhaps the piece of shit in pants isn't me, but you. But you are wasting your own time and not mine. If you can't respect me, at least respect yourself and get a grip. Something to ponder.

I am not as deep as I appear on threads like these. I'm a family man, love what I do, have great people around, and my angry phase as a 16 year old was more about trolling people like you with a fake attitude for being jerks, than genuinely meaning what I said. People like you took it serious, and you never failed to play along. While I've grown from that time, I guess you haven't.

Best wishes,
    Steven

#1486 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

My family is hungry, and money doesn't last forever... it could be months until we can re-open. You are making them very upset.

Steven

I was unaware you had children. I can understand, as a father worrying about being able to provide for your children. Since the pandemic, I have only ordered takeout a couple of times because it gets expensive pretty quick. So far, the lockdown has not hurt me financially, but it’s always a good idea to try to save money now in the face of an uncertain future. But to say your family is hungry, if actually true and not hyperbole, there are food banks you can look into.

#1487 3 years ago

Man it’s just the same old thing.

You use the pandemic as an excuse to come in here and bullshit about the thousands of dollars
    A day your establishment makes and how rich you are and how you have no worries and you are so insanely successful that thankfully you won’t have any problems because you’ve made so much money...

And a month later you are begging for free money just like you’ve done a half dozen times before.

I don’t blame you for being both full of yourself and full of shit at the same time. That’s America 2020 in a nutshell, from the top down.

But you can’t possibly be surprised by the same reaction you’ve gotten yourself a million times before here. It’s a broken record.

#1488 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I was unaware you had children. I can understand, as a father worrying about being able to provide for your children. Since the pandemic, I have only ordered takeout a couple of times because it gets expensive pretty quick. So far, the lockdown has not hurt me financially, but it’s always a good idea to try to save money now in the face of an uncertain future. But to say your family is hungry, if actually true and not hyperbole, there are food banks you can look into.

Oh full disclosure, it's definitely a hyperbole for now, and no kiddos, by all means. However the business is the supporting factor for myself, my fiancee (who works at Gameseum), and a crutch for my low income mother especially now that her job is gone. It's a real blow. Speaking moreso if this lasts for much longer, it will get difficult, but we're not presently in a dire crisis in that way - we're eating. We've been on the ramen diet and pinching our pennies more than anybody, but aren't going completely hungry right now - thank you for your concern. We look forward to re-opening and supporting our family again. Sinking the ship and selling the games just delays the problem, it's our livelihood.

I don't think anybody said we are starving and certainly don't want anybody to be misled - everybody in the community is on the same page. It's just people coming together to help the business they enjoy. A lot of people have done similar initiatives, both self-created or created by a third party. It's a beautiful gesture and makes a real difference, and I am very grateful!

#1489 3 years ago
    861F04D1-A2DB-412B-9690-5F3AC19627EF (resized).jpeg861F04D1-A2DB-412B-9690-5F3AC19627EF (resized).jpeg
    #1490 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man it’s just the same old thing.
    You use the pandemic as an excuse to come in here and bullshit about the thousands of dollars
    A day your establishment makes and how rich you are and how you have no worries.
    And a month later you are begging for free money just like you’ve done a half dozen times before.
    I don’t blame you for being both full of yourself and full of shit at the same time. That’s America 2020 in a nutshell, from the top down.
    But you can’t possibly be surprised by the same reaction you’ve gotten yourself a million times before here. It’s a broken record.

Levi, I'd understand your remark if I was posting this shit or asking any of you for money.

But people bring my stuff here without me asking them to, or my consent, and then it starts bleeding over into real life, and I have to address it.

I mean, look at this thread itself from ages ago (which has now become the Otaku megathread) - I didn't make it. It's a great example and people post here to trigger the response they know they will get. The fundraiser when starting my business, didn't post it here. Fundraiser for my dog, didn't post it here. Yet all of it "somehow" ended up here and then I am blamed for asking Pinside for help and am a mooch. Whaaaaa?

These days I wised up to just ignore most of it because people are just digging for a reaction, it's been that way for years and it's incredibly obvious.

But every now and then I like to address things, especially if they're beyond-belief-total-BS.

I will say I was surprised Joe was upset enough to message the owner of the other business and ask her to take the fundraiser down and begins copying and pasting on both of our pages. That's when it kind of flys off the rails, bleeds off of Pinside ballbusting and shit-shooting, and into shit that matters, and I need to address it.

This is and always has been a dumpster fire and both me and the OP have repeatedly asked the mods to close the threads to no avail. Believe me, I don't want to be here any more than you guys want me here. We do much better seperate

Being here is almost like an alter ego because my "real life" is so calm and positive and devoid of any drama, and I don't do anything to upset people, the Pinside dumpster fire here just keeps itself lit. Always has. It's interesting really how long this thread has lasted even after I mostly stopped getting involved and inadvertently fanning the flames. I'm painted as a completely different person than I am and people get their rocks off creating and interacting in drama. It's so off the rails and baseless at this point it's hard to identify with it which is nice. Almost like fiction. Lots of rumors and misquotes.

#1491 3 years ago

I still want to invite you for a beer sometime and see if you change your mind. I have a terrible habit of typing too much, and have too much of a past here to relax and be who I am. Outside of Pinside things are great, and I'm pretty quiet. I'm so normal and the amount of hatred towards something people think I am, blows me away. I know you must wonder why we have mutual friends, and why the guys at T.N.T. and stuff hang out with me, it's like a jarring difference. I'm no Otaku. Even on their videos it's mostly comedic debaunchery, playing a role, and it's way too wound up for who I really am, when the camera shuts off it's different and we are all good friends.

Unfortunately a lot of me being 16 here was me doing modern ironic millenial humor in response to criticism which translated TERRIBLY especially with the age gap. Sarcasm is a lifestyle for my generation especially at that age, and it translates terribly on the internet. Turns out exaggerating points people pick out about you to mess with them, fucks your reputation up even more, but I was naive and an idiot. I was moreso playing the role of being the angry unhinged 16 year old, while I was fully calm and usually just passing time of being pretty ill. Kind of like the kids of today calling people boomers and shit. They don't actually care, it's just funny. Frankly I was enamored with the drama as the people on the other end egging me on were. Makes me wonder if any of us genuinely ever actually gave a shit. Weird...

If anybody was mean to me I screwed with 'em, like we all do.

I screwed with people who cared too much and it bit me in the ass when they took it seriously, but I meant very little of anything negative I said, so I sleep well at night. Mostly just screwing around. Any hobby passion and money-involved things were totally legit, I took a lot of things serious, just not Pinside debauchery. Mostly just trolled people like 1974DeltaQueen and they still think I meant it, and it somehow went so deep that several genuine apologies didn't work. It's weird.

Even the "look at me, I'm 16!" thing was more of a running joke between me and a few friends and used it on purpose long after it got old, because of how flustered it made some people.

Short version: I screwed with a bunch of angry older guys who thought I was stupid, by acting stupid, and it just made me look stupid. It was purposefully, and accidentally, stupid. I was mature enough to know I was screwing with people but not mature enough to realize that itself is a fucking dumb idea

#1492 3 years ago
    805D6396-C7FA-445F-991E-177494DB4065 (resized).jpeg805D6396-C7FA-445F-991E-177494DB4065 (resized).jpeg
    #1493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I still want to invite you for a beer sometime and see if you change your mind. I have a terrible habit of typing too much, and have too much of a past here to relax and be who I am. Outside of Pinside things are great, and I'm pretty quiet. I'm so normal and the amount of hatred towards something people think I am, blows me away. I know you must wonder why we have mutual friends, and why the guys at T.N.T. and stuff hang out with me, it's like a jarring difference. I'm no Otaku. Even on their videos it's mostly comedic debaunchery, playing a role, and it's way too wound up for who I really am, when the camera shuts off it's different and we are all good friends.
    Unfortunately a lot of me being 16 here was me doing modern ironic millenial humor in response to criticism which translated TERRIBLY especially with the age gap. Sarcasm is a lifestyle for my generation especially at that age, and it translates terribly on the internet. Turns out exaggerating points people pick out about you to mess with them, fucks your reputation up even more, but I was naive and an idiot. I was moreso playing the role of being the angry unhinged 16 year old, while I was fully calm and usually just passing time of being pretty ill. Kind of like the kids of today calling people boomers and shit. They don't actually care, it's just funny. Frankly I was enamored with the drama as the people on the other end egging me on were. Makes me wonder if any of us genuinely ever actually gave a shit. Weird...
    I screwed with people who cared too much and it bit me in the ass when they took it seriously, but I meant very little of anything negative I said, so I sleep well at night. Mostly just screwing around. Any hobby passion and money-involved things were totally legit, I took a lot of things serious, just not Pinside debauchery. Mostly just trolled people like 1974DeltaQueen and they still think I meant it, and it somehow went so deep that several genuine apologies didn't work. It's weird.
    Even the "look at me, I'm 16!" thing was more of a running joke between me and a few friends and used it on purpose long after it got old, because of how flustered it made some people.
    Short version: I screwed with a bunch of angry older guys who thought I was stupid, by acting stupid, and it just made me look stupid. It was purposefully, and accidentally, stupid. I was mature enough to know I was screwing with people but not mature enough to realize that itself is a fucking dumb idea

Really mean. Don’t go away mad, just go away. Isn’t it about time? Why not?

#1494 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Believe me, I don't want to be here any more than you guys want me here.

That is hard to believe considering the amount of words you like to type.

#1495 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Unfortunately a lot of me being 16 here was me doing modern ironic millenial humor

I’m a big fan of modern ironic millennial humor, otherwise known as being a dick. It doesn’t always go over well on this forum for me either. To counterbalance, it helps to be honest and not take advantage of people.

#1496 3 years ago

Grifters gonna grift

#1497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Restaurants able to offer takeout while we have nothing to offer.

could always make and sell t-shirts, or gift cards at a better rate then your daily when you actually reopen.

#1498 3 years ago

Quoted from Otaku:

Take it to PM

#1499 3 years ago

#1500 3 years ago

If your business is as successful as you’ve bragged about you could just refuse the fundraiser or give it to people who really need it. Heck you could still pay back all the people who lent you money all those years ago. You are an adult now so that would be a mature decision to make.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.