Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 79.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Awesome! Do you have a thread going on it?

Nope, I take crappy pics!!

#52 5 years ago

Will there be a working sump pump in the basement of the Gamesuem?

#53 5 years ago

Who's going to go out to this place when it opens up and report back with an honest review? Also pics would be helpful.

#54 5 years ago

Hi, Steven from Gameseum here - been checking daily for your post, knew it was coming!

JodyG (Jody Gontero), somebody I knew to not be too fond of me on Pinside, was on my Facebook page commented and spreading incorrect news. Considering I was aware of his predisposition of me (although I've never spoken to him, heard of him, or met him in any form), I knew these comments came from a place of angst and were not something worthy of having on my page. Judging by his account being fairly new and being a newbie to the hobby, I don't even think he was here yet by the time I took my leave from Pinside and thus I never interacted with him, which just goes to show like many others here how quick people are to judge others incorrectly purely based on opinions and fake stories. But I digress...

Due to his previous rude comments here on Pinside and on Facebook, I decided it was best to ban him from the page. Not really a big deal, did it and moved on without contacting Jody, and figured he would do the same. Not something you have to put too much thought into. It was a combination of not only his current comments but also preventing such situations in the future, easy call.

Shortly after, I receive a threatening angry message from Jody on my personal Facebook (which he found himself), which read as what is posted below. Really? This time I decided to block him and move on, as I do not take kindly to threats and general annoyances. Again, didn't reply and didn't contact Jody.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Later that night, I receive my first negative review on my page from Jody's SECOND Facebook account as he was banned on the other one and was unable to leave a review. I can barely keep up on one Facebook account, but kudos to you for being able to handle two! I guess this happens to you a lot?

I left a long reply explaining the situation to customers about how this should be considered spam, then realized I can just turn off the feature until we're open anyways as it isn't really needed. Additionally, it has been reported to Facebook as it is hate speech and spreading incorrect information.

I have been checking Jody's Pinside since then as I anticipated to take this a step further and post something snarky on Pinside, and to no surprise he has done so and bumped a months old thread to whine.

Good grief Jody! Grow up!

Quoted from JodyG:

Shocker...he is not opening in 2018 now. Also, he banned me from the Gameseum FB page because I responded to another persons question about having newer pinball machines on site. My comment of "he's all EM's" (which was current the last time he posted about his pin makeup) to the person was deemed derogatory and a ban was issued. You can't make this stuff up!

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It's the same old mental midget Oktau.

Also, your personal attacks are not appreciated, but fit in well with the immaturity you've shown thus far. It's a ban on a page. Get over it. This ends here, and if you decide to take further actions in the future I have no problem contacting the proper authorities since you are right next door. This is not a "game" and I refuse to play.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Also, your personal attacks are not appreciated, but fit in well with the immaturity you've shown thus far. It's a ban on a page. Get over it. This ends here, and if you decide to take further actions in the future I have no problem contacting the proper authorities since you are right next door.

Glad your dog is OK. Too bad it cost you “out of pocket”.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Glad your dog is OK. Too bad it cost you “out of pocket”.

Gotta do what you gotta do - going well! Every little bit helps. Thanks for your concern!

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Gotta do what you gotta do - going well! Every little bit helps. Thanks for your concern!

I was concerned about your flooded basement and donated. Never even got a thank you.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I was concerned about your flooded basement and donated. Never even got a thank you.

Although I left many overall replies towards EVERYBODY of extreme thanks and gratitude during that dark time, I guess I was too busy getting to work to go back and thank everybody individually. Thanks, Electrocute!

#61 5 years ago

Leave the lil’ Shit alone!

Dragging some Facebook beef here is pretty lame if you ask me.

#62 5 years ago

Cool!

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Leave the little shit alone.

Thanks, Levi. Were you at Kevin's event the other day? I couldn't tell if you went or not. I saw one of your posts here that made it sound like you went. Should've said hi, I don't bite even those I've disagreed with in the past.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks, Levi. Were you at Kevin's event the other day? I couldn't tell if you went or not. I saw one of your posts here that made it sound like you went.

No I sadly was out of town. Did Kev let you keep the box?

Always mooching something this kid!!!

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Leave the lil’ Shit alone!

You are right, and that was poor lapse of judgement of me. Good luck Stephen, I promise to give you a thorough actual review once you open!

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No I was out of town. Did Kev let you keep the box?
    Always mooching something this kid!!!

Yep, the owner (I assume) of the machine ripped the top part off with the game-specific info and flyer on it to keep himself (understandably), I kept the front of the box with the manufacturer stuff printed on it. It's a cool little piece. The rest was already headed to the dumpster and all ripped up so I kept my sanity and let it go, that would have been a little silly anyways to keep the rest.

Hanging it up in the museum once it's properly contained along with some photos of the unboxing, I filmed the whole thing as well in great detail in one long clip. Can never have enough wall items!

2 months later
    #67 5 years ago

Alright this place is supposed to open next month, but I haven't seen an exact date. Who's going to go out there and report back on this place when it opens?

#68 5 years ago

In preparation for their grand opening, Gameseum will be holding a pre-opening party on Saturday, Feb. 16, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Laura the Cookie Lady, LLC, located at 30 E. Main St., Suite A, Ephrata.

#69 5 years ago

I know of a group of Pinsiders planning to visit but nobody's made plans yet. I got the impression they were taking a "wait and see" approach, all things considered.

#70 5 years ago

I thought this kid couldn't work?

But he can work to open an arcade?

Or is that not work? Will he continue to work/not work once it's open?

I'm afraid this kid is going to get hit hard with a dose of reality when this thing attempts to launch. I wish him luck..truly.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'm afraid this kid is going to get hit hard with a dose of reality when this thing attempts to launch. I wish him luck..truly.

Same. It's obvious he has some amount of disability. I hope this works out for him.

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I thought this kid couldn't work?
    But he can work to open an arcade?
    Or is that not work? Will he continue to work/not work once it's open?

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same. It's obvious he has some amount of disability. I hope this works out for him.

While I don't know the full details regarding Steven, I believe his "issues" are related to stomach and diet. It's hard for him to work a so called normal job? He just has to be careful of what he eats and drinks for the most part. Owning this arcade allows him to control his diet and allows him to work at his pace. As long as Ephrata can support him, I don't think he will fail. He has the passion and drive to make this work, he just needs customers.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

While I don't know the full details regarding Steven, I believe his "issues" are related to stomach and diet. It's hard for him to work a so called normal job? He just has to be careful of what he eats and drinks for the most part. Owning this arcade allows him to control his diet and allows him to work at his pace. As long as Ephrata can support him, I don't think he will fail. He has the passion and drive to make this work, he just needs customers.

His "issues" :

lazy
    Liar
    Scammer
    Douchebag

Begging for money is always easier than working for it. I hope the place flops.

3 weeks later
    #74 5 years ago

Cross-posting from Facebook (tl;dr: they ain't opening in March)

Due to issues fully outside of our control (renovation delays - we are not controlling, funding, pioneering, or involved in the renovation to the building we are renting whatsoever), Gameseum's opening must be delayed until April 2019. We've been fully approved to operate in the Borough of Ephrata for a few months now and everything else is in place to operate - no worries, 99.9% there! These past few months have been a waiting game for us. Unfortunately these other types of delays are obviously fully outside of our control.

We were promised a very official move-in date of March 1st in our contract and reassured of this date, hence the very reasonable heavy advertisement and hyping of the month on our end, with an exact date planned to follow shortly, however unfortunately these terms were unexpectedly and surprisingly not met, which we were only told days ago. With over 50,000 people seeing this date via our recent video and "all systems go" on our end, we are incredibly disappointed in the turn of events.

We understand and hear how important a timely opening of Gameseum is to you, and we want to let you know that we not only understand, but also share with you in any disappointment and frustration, especially those who were planning March birthday parties. We hope these issues fully outside of our control will not affect your opinion of our business, we always do our best to keep you in the loop, be timely, and be attentive in anything we do as well... but unfortunately this one is out of our hands fully. Our customers are our #1 priority and we are as excited for us to open as you are!

Additionally, we HAVE heard your many voiced comments for an exact opening date to be announced well in advance (which was always planned, which was also unfortunately delayed by the inability to move in whatsoever.) We will plan an exact date to announce as soon as we can (before we get too close to April) as long as the situation allows, which as stated we've always wanted to do anyways. We understand this is important for both us and you... so keep an eye on our page for exact dates of when our soft opening & grand opening bash is! Exact date is a DEFINITE huge priority for us and we're so bummed we couldn't announce one months in advance like we had originally planned before people even started asking - trust us, we're thinking on the same wavelength as you! We're so disappointed in these delays!

Gameseum, LLC

#76 5 years ago

Those looking for a tl;dr version: Opening is delayed and they'll let you know when it has a new date.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Owning an arcade is not the only way to make your own hours and control your diet.

The opportunities are limitless.

He just doesn't want to work.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Cool article!! I wish him luck!!

I also wish him luck.

But seriously someone buy the kid a pair of pants. Those sweats must be getting nasty!

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also wish him luck.
    But seriously someone buy the kid a pair of pants. Those sweats must be getting nasty!

It's probably a fertility thing.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I also wish him luck.

I'll start a gofundme for a pair of dockers.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I'll start a gofundme for a pair of dockers.

Start one for a sump pump for the new location Gameswim. That would go really well.

#85 5 years ago

Taking bets for a pushback in April to a new date due to no fault of his own. It's never his fault.

#86 5 years ago

Op should start a poll for when it will open.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Op should start a poll for when it will open.

I would like to see that as well.

#88 5 years ago

Oh hey, more posts. Thanks DJ for backing me up my man! Yep, it's a huge success story for us in the making and I appreciate all the kind comments and support so much, we're so excited to build this giant hotspot in our community and share the love of the silver ball!

Yep, we got delayed due to renovations our landlord is doing getting slowed up. He's currently deep in and it's truly looking amazing, by the end of the month we'll have all new walls, all new windows, all new electricity, new doors, new plumbing, new ceiling, new floor, new full all-around insulation, new lighting, and much more - the historic downtown building in the hotspot of Ephrata was super worthy to us but it needed an upgrade and he noticed this and wanted to start us off on the right foot. Got stripped down to concrete walls and floor, whole thing demo'd, and now they're finishing it all up for us. Right now they're redoing the entire electrical system to double our service... nothing sexier than 90 power outlets and enough breakers to power the Rockerfeller Center christmas tree, I must say. I've been asked not to post pictures publicly until it's done since we're not controlling it but I think the giant full dumpster in the parking lot says enough. Surprised Jody hasn't peeked through the windows yet, he'd put his money where his mouth is! But yeah, we're definitely super grateful and in awe - place is going to ROCK! All new stuff and setup exactly how we need it... especially the electrical! Dedicated for our purpose, 90 something outlets built into the brand new walls, no afterthought conduit or power strips like most arcades, couldn't ask for better. Commercial grade custom-fit insulated windows to keep our valued customers comfortable and noise-reducing too. With the whole place literally being 100% brand new for 2019 besides the bricks, it's gonna really rock.

We're on our seventh newspaper article, went viral across our part of the state twice on Facebook with over 50,000 people twice seeing our promo video and location announcement respectively by word of mouth and no paid advertising, tens of thousands of people talking about us, many spreading the world to all they know, we have a very large dedicated following now with thousands of eager fans subscribed to our updates even before opening, and life is good! We were also very humbled to hear we made the list for the "top 19 things to do in Lancaster in 2019" despite being the only one on the list to be outside said city and in the smaller town next door, that rocks: https://www.flyafter5.com/arts-and-life/things-in-lancaster-to-get-excited-for-in/article_9dfd49e6-0f76-11e9-818a-0fa54e8526bb.html

Don't forget to check out our website:
    http://thegameseum.com/

As well as all of our highly-seen front page newspaper articles and other press:
    http://www.ephratareview.com/news/new-arcade-will-be-a-blast-from-the-past/

http://www.ephratareview.com/news/gameseum-officially-levels-up-for-a-march-grand-opening/

https://www.flyafter5.com/arts-and-life/fundraiser-spotlight-gameseum-in-ephrata/article_7053081a-6827-11e8-99b6-9b74bfeaf443.html

https://www.flyafter5.com/arts-and-life/things-in-lancaster-to-get-excited-for-in/article_9dfd49e6-0f76-11e9-818a-0fa54e8526bb.html

https://lancasteronline.com/business/whats_in_store/gameseum-vintage-arcade-planned-for-downtown-ephrata-march-opening-expected/article_5bfe22d4-09ec-11e9-b887-a7f31f5a9f18.html

This one's my favorite and talks about how I made this all work at such a young age - I LOVE when people ask that! https://lancasteronline.com/business/local_business/classic-game-enthusiast-repairs-pinball-and-video-machines-to-stock/article_a7426d36-3ba6-11e9-aa72-df1bb59fc5d9.html

Quoted from pinlink:

Owning an arcade

Quoted from pinlink:

doesn't want to work.

Not work? You want to pay my taxes? Hahahaha!

#89 5 years ago

People are really digging the idea! Donations do work and people love us and what we're doing for the community, and we appreciate them too. We're taking in a lot of machine donations, really proud to showcase this near-HUO Mata Hari, 39 years spent in a home after only months spent on location with documentation... such a delightful and generous community we have! Third owner, nicest one I've EVER seen... was donated to us and really helps out. Door's open for any more if anybody's interested, got a few more not shown in the picture!

#90 5 years ago

Also held a new event after this one was cancelled and it was a smash hit! Dozens of people came in for a taste of the gaming action for $1/play and it was packed!

More news articles and a few TV spots on the way... thanks so much for all of your kindness and interest! People LOVE Gameseum and all are invited!

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Seven people is "packed"?

I think it’s nine, baby and the person playing the Sega in front of the girl in striped shirt. So yeah it’s packed

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

People are really digging the idea! Donations do work and people love us and what we're doing for the community, and we appreciate them too. We're taking in a lot of machine donations, really proud to showcase this near-HUO Mata Hari, 39 years spent in a home after only months spent on location with documentation... such a delightful and generous community we have! Third owner, nicest one I've EVER seen... was donated to us and really helps out. Door's open for any more if anybody's interested, got a few more not shown in the picture!
    [quoted image]

Is gameseum a charity?

#94 5 years ago

Dude... your bashing pinside (again) in the other thread (post 61) and then got the balls asking for donation machines in this thread? You sure got bravado.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-have-a-pinball-machine-moved/page/2#post-4879070

I'm hoping you do well but wouldn't hurt for you to not be a butt.

#96 5 years ago

If it was $1 per play, why are there sticky notes covering the coin slots? Also, who spends $1 to play one game of Galaxian?

Don't let delusion cloud reality, man. I hope this works out for you, but don't try to make this something it isn't.

#97 5 years ago

I'm not kidding on the sweatpants. Not picking on you just pointing it out.

You are the face of this organization man!

You don't have to wear a three-piece but acquiring at least a single pair of pants without a drawstring would go a long way toward presenting a more professional image. I know I'm less likely to buy into someone's pitch if they are wearing something that is "one size fits all."

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Not work? You want to pay my taxes? Hahahaha!

Taxes on what income?

#99 5 years ago

I feel sorry for those innocent people being sucked in and donating machines, when instead it could go to a good cause. I know its theirs to do with as they wish but I have a bad feeling about this venture. 1 dollar a game? Are you kidding?
    Don't believe in luck so can't wish that.

#100 5 years ago

Most frequently asked question at the grand opening of the gameseum: So where's your collection of butt plugs?

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.