Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,944 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When do you expect Gameseum to open for business?”

• Thanksgiving 2018 2 votes
      2%
    • Beginning of 2019 0 votes
    • March 2019 1 vote
      1%
    • April 2019 2 votes
      2%
    • "Summer" 2019 16 votes
      16%
    • It won't, but surely all donated money and machines will be returned. 80 votes
      79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).png
    Cyberbullying (resized).jpg
    06937ec6de46e466341c1b9b8e283cebbcdf51fc.png.jpg (resized).png
    6c4f86ab8711c7a3f71270bba621c1c51e279831.png.jpg (resized).png
    e87f011d764ae7b096ba18f74f10cc733a16412b.png.jpg (resized).png
    8E28E40B-E58A-4638-B4A0-6A4614B22CAA (resized).jpeg
    0FD16E5B-57B9-4296-9DE7-9CFAC564067C (resized).jpeg
    B46DA714-CFA6-4780-871A-16917769D91C (resized).jpeg
    0F07A909-BD47-42BA-A82F-74FE65890521 (resized).jpeg
    03F1224B-CCEF-44E0-8F49-9A47491F9049 (resized).jpeg
    Colson (resized).jpeg
    B4F28AA5-7D73-4FF3-9A7A-9AB65282D6E2 (resized).jpeg
    CC92318E-53CA-4CD8-B9A2-1E2F73A4E3D0 (resized).jpeg
    307046CF-33FB-4727-AD75-FDA55BA3DF76 (resized).jpeg
    AB72D8C3-B930-409A-89C0-8033C092E7F2 (resized).jpeg
    75E7F39D-2FCE-4D01-8DBE-4CCB47249F4F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 79.
    #1401 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And PS - I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe to help me pay for all the replacement parts on my Escalera to make it brand new again. I wonder if Otaku would donate?

Otaku should just man up and pay to have your escalera repaired!

#1402 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Would probably try to pay for it in "charity passes" to gamesome....

#1403 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinball-museum:

From Otaku:

I'll be deactivating my account now, and plan for it to be permanent this time, because I already don't even participate on this site to begin with because I think it's not a great site,

Now has come and gone, what a disappointment.

#1404 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Man up? Sheesh!

#1405 4 years ago

He’ll never man up because he has the mindset of a 12 year old kid. (Spoiled and entitled)

#1406 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

After posting the entire text of "Moby Dick" in the last 24 hours. From multiple accounts.

More like “War & Peace”. This kid is a $chitt stain with no moral compass or any signs of maturity. What he’s done for Bullshit, Stonehenge did for rocks.

#1407 4 years ago

But guys! . . . They are now offering a 1.5 hour pass for $17 !! What a bargain! They are truly "going above and beyond" for their customers.

Last time I was at a good arcade was Flippers in NC. I tossed a $20 in the token machine, got my tokens, and played for 4+ hours! Had to leave to meet my wife and counted 8 bucks worth of tokens still left in my pocket.

#1408 4 years ago
    11FC984E-C759-4403-817A-8105B29CFE8B.gif11FC984E-C759-4403-817A-8105B29CFE8B.gif
    #1409 4 years ago

Oh God, he's back on his Buzzy Bee bullshit again

#1410 4 years ago

I think I'm starting to understand this "Chinese whispers" thing he's talking about and how people get things confused.

3f2sjn (resized).jpg3f2sjn (resized).jpg
    #1411 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Oh God, he's back on his Buzzy Bee bullshit again

The only one in existence, right?

#1412 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Rarer and more desirable than even a cabaret Ms. Pac!!!

#1413 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Be careful, don’t challenge the “Queen of Gameseum” to a game of Buzzy Bee. She’ll kick your ass!
    Sure plays a mean Bee ball.

#1414 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Be careful, don’t challenge the “Queen of Gameseum” to a game of Buzzy Bee. She’ll kick your ass!
    Sure plays a mean Bee ball.

I gotta give him credit. I honestly have never (and may never again) seen somebody try to convince people that it's better to not win tickets and prizes on a machine that was MADE to win tickets and prizes. It takes a special sort of delusional personality.

#1415 4 years ago

What Steven wants more than anything else is to be accepted by the Pinside community. What he refuses to understand (because it's been suggested to him several times) is all it would take would be a slice of humble pie, an apology, and an offer to fix Beelzeboob's Escalera. How 'bout it Steven? The (silver) ball is on your playfield.

#1416 4 years ago

^^^^^^^^
    And... You are a business now, so dress and act accordingly.

Simply put, ditch the sweatpants and get a haircut. Wear some jeans and clean shirts.

Everyone is watching. You're all over the news and Youtube. Don't make the pinball community look bad. You could create a bad image real quick doing some of the things that you been doing.

-Mike

#1417 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

^^^^^^^^
    And... You are a business now, so dress and act accordingly.
    Simply put, ditch the sweatpants and get a haircut. Wear some jeans and clean shirts.
    Everyone is watching. You're all over the news and Youtube. Don't make the pinball community look bad. You could create a bad image real quick doing some of the things that you been doing.
    -Mike

Thank you for saying it !!
    It's something I've been thinking for a while now. Pinball is FINALLY a mainstream thing and has been lifted from the "dirty creepy nerd" stigma. What we dont need is the people that thought that being proven right.

#1418 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

Thank you for saying it !!
    It's something I've been thinking for a while now. Pinball is FINALLY a mainstream thing and has been lifted from the "dirty creepy nerd" stigma. What we dont need is the people that thought that being proven right.

Spot on. Kid looks like he’s operating the Tilt a Whirl at the local carnival. Apologies to any carnival workers who are offended by being compared to him.

#1419 4 years ago

I donated to the cause too. I wanna see the guy succeed but he isn’t manning up to the mistakes or ‘boob’s Escalera. Maybe the Geico Renter’s insurance is causing memory block. I drive past Ephrata 3-4 times a week going into work. I wouldn’t waste my time until he mans up. I wish him the best and hope he matures and apologizes at some point. We all make mistakes but this is getting old.

“You need a role model!”

#1420 4 years ago
    Quoted from GWalton:

It takes a special sort of delusional personality.

I think you nailed it with that word.

#1421 4 years ago

I think what Steven may not realize is that if someone wanted to be a real dick, they could cut-and-paste some of his rants onto the reviews he receives for his Gameseum. How does that saying go? Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it?

#1422 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I think what Steven may not realize is that if someone wanted to be a real dick, they could cut-and-paste some of his rants onto the reviews he receives for his Gameseum. How does that saying go? Say it, forget it. Write it, regret it?

He’d just Delete them

#1423 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

He’d just Delete them

You can delete Facebook reviews? Seems to defeat the purpose.

#1424 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can delete Facebook reviews? Seems to defeat the purpose.

yes

#1425 4 years ago

some reviews you can delete, other's not so much.

#1426 4 years ago

Can't delete Google reviews.

#1427 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Can't delete Google reviews.

Nope. Especially legitimate ones.

#1428 4 years ago

Interesting! Every negative review is due to known assailant? Hmm...

#1429 4 years ago

Every time I see this guy speak on a video, or read whatever bs drivel he has to offer, it's like a kid trying to fulfill an essay word count. Just reiterating over and over again one point that could be said in a sentence or two. It's so exhausting.
    Say what you need to say man, then get off the pot ffs! Saying the same gd thing 20 frickin times doesn't make you smarter or more eloquent. gdamnit! ..now you have me repeating myself. grr!

#1430 4 years ago

Otaku is serving a 30 day ban. I don’t think we’ve heard the last of him. He is entertaining! Halloween rant was epic.

#1431 4 years ago

Saw Gameseum offered free all day to all vets on Monday.

Galloping Ghost did this as well.

No bs or jokes; Good job guys.

1 month later
    #1432 4 years ago

The kid is killing it... good job Steve

#1433 4 years ago

steven was hit by a car by somebody making a left turn while he was in the crosswalk.

7F663A7B-66C5-425F-86CD-0DE4205D95F6 (resized).png7F663A7B-66C5-425F-86CD-0DE4205D95F6 (resized).pngF687AED4-60B8-4C91-A7F2-418A35C67B32 (resized).pngF687AED4-60B8-4C91-A7F2-418A35C67B32 (resized).pngF7C41F1B-032D-4AE6-BA3E-795F5DC434D1 (resized).pngF7C41F1B-032D-4AE6-BA3E-795F5DC434D1 (resized).png
    #1434 4 years ago

so they cut his sweatpants off. you will never see those again!! btw not hating on the guy this seems pretty bad.

#1435 4 years ago

Yeah that sucks. Get well soon Steve!

(that being said I sense a gofundme in our very near future)

People can't fucking drive. How hard is it to not run someone over, especially when they have the light?! In a tiny ass town like Ephrata?!

#1437 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People can't fucking drive. How hard is it to not run someone over, especially when they have the light?! In a tiny ass town like Ephrata?!

i worked with vision zero in nyc. left turns are dangerous because of the l/s pillar on the car blocks pedestrians it a blind spot. cars of the future most likely will have see-thru pillars made out of some strong transparent composite. when making a left turn i always look around both sides of the pillar to make sure nobody standing in that blind spot.

#1438 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lancaster county is notorious for bad drivers. We are also one of if not the biggest retirement destination for NY and NJ people since pensions are not taxed here in PA (yet). There have been low rise retirement homes popping up all over the place, including one a block from Gamemuseum. There are a disproportionate number of old people driving around here who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. Pedestrians...bicyclists...they all do not matter to them.

That being said, I don't wish getting hit by a car on anyone...even people who I do not like or agree with. So I hope Steven makes a speedy recovery.

#1439 4 years ago

Hope you recover completely and soon, Steven. I’m praying for you.

#1440 4 years ago

Glad you're ok Steven, hope you get back to the arcade soon!

#1441 4 years ago
    #1442 4 years ago

Damn, that really sucks.
    Get well soon man.

#1443 4 years ago

If everybody who has been a douche on the internet got hit by a car almost nobody would be left walking.

Except my mom of course. She’s a saint!

#1444 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If everybody who has been a douche on the internet got hit by a car almost nobody would be left walking.
    Except my mom of course. She’s a saint!

Or the old lady driving the car.

#1445 4 years ago
    Quoted from La4s:

Or the old lady driving the car.

To be fair, she’s probably not on the internet

#1446 4 years ago

I'm just posting what others are thinking. Notice how you didn't even question it with something like "Why would you say karma, what did he do?"

#1447 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm just posting what others are thinking. Notice how you didn't even question it with something like "Why would you say karma, what did he do?"

I don't think so. Even though he may have done a few things that people in the pinball community grumble about, getting struck by a car is by no means "karma" or schadenfreude. Personally, I would not wish injury upon anyone. It sucks, it's miserable, it's expensive, and can be life-altering in the short-term and also sometimes in the long-term.

#1448 4 years ago

The only good thing that could come out of this is he winds up a millionaire. He was walking when he should, the driver is usually wrong when a pedestrian is hit from the front.
    I drove a truck around UNC Campus everyday and the kids walked when and where they wanted to, not even looking up from phones. We understood the driver was ALWAYS at fault if an incident happened.

#1449 4 years ago

I noticed Gameseum was able to edit out a couple of negative google reviews.

#1450 4 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I know what he has done from the start of his sump pump fund. I personally wouldn’t want him to get injured for the stuff he has done, even jokingly. I did see the ? mark after your post so I’m not sure exactly how you truly intended your post to be interpreted, but I just find reading Karma here in poor taste. When I read the new news I had thoughts of sympathy even though I don’t agree with the way he has gone about raising funds.

There are 3,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 79.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gameseum-gaming-gala-sept-15/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.